Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Legendary Bosses

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legendary Bosses
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/10/2018 2:04:35   
.Lord Ginger.

Make them beatable with other classes besides TLM so I don't have to waste the credits I get from the missions to do the missions

EDIT: I'm pointing towards Legendary Tuna and Nightwraith in case you didn't get that memo

< Message edited by .Lord Ginger. -- 11/10/2018 23:12:08 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/10/2018 20:16:29   
Mother1

Last I checked both TM and Blood mage (in most cases) can beat the legendary bosses. It is just that TLM can do it a lot easier due to them having the better shields.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/11/2018 9:20:05   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

As I'm not really a "boss person" per se, what would you say contributes to the fact that only few classes can beat them? Is it mainly the energy pool being so high? Once you remove that with Parasite for example they can be fairly easy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/11/2018 9:51:38   
Mother1

@ Digital X

You will still need to be able to heal loop and possibly shield yourself depending on the boss while chipping away at him to do this. If you can't sustain that with the boss then you will lose once you get him all the way down there due to the lack of energy.

This is why the Legendary titan, as well as Dage can only be beaten with either TM or TLM Vs bosses like LGOW and M4tr1x who in their end games have only one kind of damage which with the right build can make it a whole lot easier.

Epic  Post #: 4
11/11/2018 11:06:58   
racing.lo.mas

As soon as bosses get out of energy (at least most of them) they are easily. However, you need to have a good energy control, even if they are out of energy if you don't have a good energy control then you might not win.

There are 2 moments:
-early: when boss has energy
-late: when he's out of energy

Early might be the worst part, boss will be spamming strong skills, in this moment you have to defende yourself by shielding and healing. Here you must wait till he is out of energy, you will only attack when you have the enought shields and you dont need a heal. When you reach late, is the moment when you take the ofense. You'll be using your strongest attacks which will be gun, aux and maybe bot. you'll be healing yourself every 4 turns, yes boss doesn't have energy but their attacks are still decent.

Facts to win:
1) Been able to heal and shield yourself in early.
2) Been able to regenerate energy for healing in late.
3) Been able to take energy in early: This one is not as important as the 2 first facts, this one makes early shorter, which might be the harder phase. If it part is shorter then it is easier.

Alright, now that I have explained how fights are then I can explain all classes in order from the best to the worst:

Tactical Mercenary:
Main reason of leading the top is that they can use 2 shields at the same time. Tlm has an energy shield which doesn't have a energy cost. So they can use mineral armor and blood shield wasting the same energy that another class would use for only one shield. Of course blood shield takes 90 health, it doesn't matter, it can be countered by a higher heal. Something else about those shields, they last A LOT OF TURNS, and thats a big fact: Blood shield last 5 turns and mineral 4. That means you can cycle heal, batter and frenzy without having problems with shields (ill explain this with Tm later). So the cycle would be:
1)Mineral armor
2)Blood shield
3)Battery
4)Heal
5)Frenzy (you lose mineral armor but still have blood shield)
6)Mineral armor (you lose blood shield)
7)Blood shield
and so on.
Tlm also has battery which wrants 333 energy and frenzy (even thought it might be always in lvl 1, it helps with 40 energy or an ammount around that). They are self-sustaining, because they can get around 400 energy which allows them to use mineral armor, blood shield and heal over and over in all the battle (Example: Mineral level 3 use 140 energy with heal level 6 which is 250. You end wasting 390 but frenzy with rage gives you enough for both.)The rest of classes depends on boss energy, when they get in late, they can only heal because the energy they get is not enough to use shield (ill show it later with Tm too)
The only dissadvantage about Tlm is that they don't drain energy, you might add atom smasher to your build but it cost energy and it would also unbalance the skills cycle. So this might be the only problem with Tlm, early will be longer.
So in summary, Tlm has the best energy control because they are able to heal and shield in all the fight, early might be harder but they have enough to stand till late. Also their shields are too strong and increase directly defense and resistance making them really tanks.

Tech Mage:

They have a good energy control, battery and assimilation are similar to Tlm battery and frenzy. They get almost the same ammount of energy. However the biggest difference between them is that Tm can only use one shield. Matrix defense and technician both need energy, so the energy they get is enough to one shield and heal. Another difference is that Matrix defense only last 3 turns, so Tm should use it many times, making it bad. The builds that always use Tm for bosses is dexterity, high defense and spam of technician: Technician around level 7 which cost 140 and heal level 6 with 250: a total of 390 which is supported by battery and assimilation. Early game is shorter compared to Tlm due to assimilitation but late might be harder. In late Tm only get 333 energy, it gives more than the heal cost, but that ammount is not enough for a shield. You can shield yourself but after 2 cycles: lets say you have 0 energy. You use battery and heal, you have 83 energy left which is not enough for technician. After another cycle you will have 166, here you can use it. Tm is still good but compared to Tlm they are a bit weaker.

Blood Mage:
They are good at early because you get infinity energy. Early are really shorter compared to Tlm and Tm due to parasite. The best build you can try is high tech, spam dexterity boost and supercharge at max. Why max supercharge? Well because you get fulled your energy. Thats what make Bm good at early, they can waste all the energy they want just because they'll get all the energy back.
However, late is almost impossible, if the boss doesn't have reroute, you will be earning only 10 energy. Even if the boss had reroute, you would only get enough for a heal level 1 or 2 and forget about any shield, being lucky you will be able to heal.
What could be a buff for bm? A limit of energy taken. I mean, bosses have over 15k energy, and you start taking 2k which would give you 3k energy which is a really waste. Bm must abuse early and spam the most skill they can trying to get out of energy before using parasite. A way I found to beat a boss (I think it was lengendary slayer) is pick a parasite level 1 and spam supercharge max and cannon almost max, in this way, boss lost energy slowly and I could take advantage about the good ammount of energy I earned.
So if Bm was able to reduce less energy, then it could be good and bring a different way to beat bosses: Instead of shielding and waiting till boss are out of energy, they could fight to them when they got energy and try to beat them before reaching late (if boss lose all it energy, then Bm will lose).
How to make this limit? In the same way they nerfed improbability gate. So Parasite could have a limit of 500 energy taken which would mean that they would earn a total of 500x1,7: 625. Bm will be able too spam skills and boss would't lose energy as faster.

Cyber Hunter:

They are self-sustaining but not as Tlm, they might only get around 240 energy. This won't ever be enough for a shield and heal. The best they could do is pick shadow arts (because it has a cheap energy cost) and heal level 2 or 3. This wont be enough for enduring early game, although if they could survive till late, I think they might win using shadow arts and heal. In fact the main problem is to survive early game due to their difficult to shield theirself.

Bounty hunter and Mercenary:

Talking about boss fights they are similar, static grenade works equal to static smash, a bit more or a bit less energy but they are the same skill. They depends on the energy of the boss so they won't be winning in late game, no way. What about early game? They can do something like Bm? The answer is no, they can not use shield and heal due to the low energy they get.
BH has particulary more chances than mercenary since they can use shadow arts and heal, but won't be enough. IMO the only way to make those classes good for bosses is changing the way they get energy, there is no other option. I'll post a buff for mercenaries which could help them to beat bosses soon.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/13/2018 23:58:39   
Cataleptic

Give it underdog mode.
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Legendary Bosses
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition