Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes December 3, 2018: The Queen of Monsters is...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes December 3, 2018: The Queen of Monsters is...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/3/2018 20:52:41   
Ted Zlammy

quote:

December 3, 2018
The Queen of Monsters is...
Missing? Living Among Us? DEAD?!
The Queen of Monsters has long been rumored to reside in an unapproachable Tower near the islands of Drakonus.

Though her monsters still attack the land, the assaults come less frequently now. Ruomrs are beginning to spread. They ask -- where is the Queen?

The answers are troubling. Some say she walks among us as a shapeshifter.* Some say she resides with Drakath, continuing to use him as a puppet. Some say she is dead. Others say that - like the spiders she loves - she is lying in wait. Silent. Preparing.

The question on everyone's mind is... what will the Queen do next? And the one person who MIGHT be able to tell us -- Drakath -- refuses to say. The LoreMasters and Chronomancers will meet soon to discuss this troubling situation.

Coming in 2019... the finale of the Queen of Monsters Saga!

* Robina = Queen of Monsters!

Tags: Alina

Short lil' DNs. Looks like the Queen of Monsters saga is finally coming to an end after seguing back and forth these past few years.

**Tagged!!! As always thanks for the help, Ted! ~Kokujoe_AK

< Message edited by Kokujoe -- 12/4/2018 3:38:47 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 1
12/3/2018 22:45:32   
Silver Sky Magician

Wow, this is a surprise. I thought they’d come up with a slightly better revamp of the QoM saga but it seems like they’ve decided to cut their losses. I wonder what’s next. A good, coherent saga is best for attracting players but it seems like the AQW writers are better at episodic stuff so I guess we’ll be going with the latter.
Post #: 2
12/4/2018 4:09:06   
you stop

Anyone want to do a quick abridged summary of QoM for me? I'm looking for a good laugh while this DNs is still a thing. I'm sorry but no, I still cannot approve of QoM even if theyre deciding to put an end to it. I was a returning player and was very excited to finish the Chaos Saga only to find out an ending that I did not understand at all, much less a storyline to follow the events of Chaos Saga. And up till now, 2 years after my return, I'm still at a loss at what's happening with Lore.
AQW  Post #: 3
12/4/2018 4:59:53   
kyyaha

I'd also be interested in a crash course of what happened after the Lords of Chaos saga. What eternal dragon of time powers has the hero unlocked that'd allow us to take on the QoM?
AQW  Post #: 4
12/4/2018 8:34:48   
zanathos

I'm pretty sure we sacrificed our Dragon of Time powers in the fight with Drakath.

As far as I can tell the Queen of Monsters opened up that toxic rift Etriki came out of and unleashed one or two titans as well as sparked the Infernal Invasion. Other than that IDK what's going on. Hopefully the staff spends most of next year's releases on story-driven content instead of wrapping up this "saga" in one or two months
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
12/4/2018 9:41:42   
Beshin Adin

So, after QoM, what next?
AQ AQW  Post #: 6
12/4/2018 13:53:22   
Rtkat3

The Queen of Monsters already arranged for the awakening for the Elemental Titans of Fire and Earth, tried to take advantage of the Living Dungeon, sent an energy copy to Lore's sun, and opened a portal to the Infernal Realm which is two areas to the left of the Underworld.

When she decided to take a different path, she summoned her children like Extriki and Kolyaban. While Extriki is the biggest of the Queen of Monsters' Children so far, Kolyaban is the oldest of the Queen of Monsters' Children. Extriki fell in battle against the players spawning a bunch of Extrikitis from it's carcass while Kolyaban got away. Who knows who is the oldest of the Queen of Monsters' sons! We still have to know who their father was at some point.
AQ  Post #: 7
12/5/2018 17:26:08   
Lord Athor

"There are times when the Queen of Monsters leaves the Tower and walks the streets of Battleon like an ordinary woman." ~ Old Lorian Saying
Post #: 8
12/5/2018 23:24:46   
reneilto56

finally the continuation of a good saga
Post #: 9
12/7/2018 10:09:08   
Instantstrike

Man i remember they said that they'll be doing it like love craft and so far that's kolyaban and its bad. I dont know if kolyaban is really a reference to shub-niggurath but it could have been better than that story. Let me guess...We'll finnally gonna meet the elder gods and once they've woken it will be the END of THE UNIVERSE. I can't wait for AZATHOT to be awaken.

cmon alina or writer for aqw im giving you golden ideas here
AQW  Post #: 10
12/7/2018 13:49:07   
Rtkat3

I don't know if Kolyaban is a reference to Shub-Niggurath, but I do know that one of the monsters in that Voltaire release where we helped design Drakath's new lair might be from H.P. Lovecraft's stories.
AQ  Post #: 11
12/7/2018 22:10:52   
Instantstrike

Well that monster is a reference, the namewise though, but the design is a bit inspired to another eldritch creature..in a way its a original desing, a good design in fact.

Removed quote. Please do not quote the entire post directly above yours as it is unnecessary and considered spam. ~Shadowhunt

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 12/8/2018 12:22:11 >
AQW  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes December 3, 2018: The Queen of Monsters is...
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition