Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQW= Design Notes December 5, 2018: December 2018 Event Calendar + Final Weekend: Black Friday Gear

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes December 5, 2018: December 2018 Event Calendar + Final Weekend: Black Friday Gear
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/5/2018 17:47:21   
Ted Zlammy

quote:

December 5, 2018
December 2018 Event Calendar
This Month: Tis the Season for FROSTVAL!
Winter is coming (for many of you, it's already here!), and so are all our snow-covered, ice-laden, gift-bearing holiday events! To help everyone celebrate, we've got a list of all our holiday events so you don't miss a single moment of cheer.

December 1: December Seasonal Set: Northern Wanderer arrives for 2018

December 7: Frostval Hub Town returns + December Upgrade Bonus set

December 14: IceStorm Arena + Level Cap Increase + Quibble's Frostval Collection Chest

December 21: all-new 2018 Frostval Event featuring Warlic and Cysero+ Holiday Limited Quantity Set

December 21 - 25: Double XP, Gold, Class Points, and Rep boosts + holiday boss drops

December 28: Memet's Birthday release + Holiday gear in the Wheel of Doom merge shop

December 31: New Year's Eve celebration + 2019 rare gear

Also happening this month...

• Frostval Barbarian Class
  • Holiday 2018 free AdventureCoins Gift

Tags: Alina

• quote:

December 5, 2018
    Final Weekend: Black Friday Gear
    Black Friday Gear Leaves Monday, December 10th
    There are only 4 days left to get all our 2018 Harvest Eventt, Black Friday and Cyber Monday rare items! Once the event leaves, these items will never return.

Black Friday 2018 Rare Gear includes:

• Shadow OathKeeper armor set
  • Austere ShadowSlayer set
  • Shadow BeastMaster of Nulgath set
  • Obsidian GroveBreaker set
  • Black Sun Ninja set
  • Obsidian Peasant armor
  • Dark SkyGuard Uniform armor
  • Obsidian Pirate Mage armor
  • Dark and Shadowed Infernal Companion Cape
  • Dark Void Paladin Katana (dual and single wield)
  • Shadow SoulSeeker (single and dual wield)
  • Dark Derp Fish pet

the HollowBorn Evoker Black Friday collection chest (and all our other Black Friday gear)! The chest will return next November with even more items. Find it now at www.AQ.com

Correction: the Obsidian No Class was listed as a rare item. It will return each year for Black Friday.

Tags: Alina

• Another wee lil' DNs post on this month's outline for releases.

Tagged in the name of Purple Snowflake. Thanks for posting! ~Tendou

< Message edited by Ted Zlammy -- 12/7/2018 18:27:31 >
    MQ AQW  Post #: 1
    12/5/2018 18:12:26   
    Beshin Adin

Aww, nothing new this week?
    AQ AQW  Post #: 2
    12/5/2018 18:15:45   
    Saberblade

Jeez another level cap increase? How high do we need to go??? Oh and are we going to get new enhancements and awe enhancements for this?
    AQ AQW  Post #: 3
    12/5/2018 19:39:00   
    you stop

If they really want to update levels they should first remove the obscene amount of exp needed to even get from 81 to 82 and each individual increment onward. It's 1 million exp, as opposed to a few hundred thousands in all levels below 80-81. Sometimes I heavily question the amount of farming they ask us to do in order to achieve things. I don't mind a constant increase in level cap but at least don't make it 1 million exp increments.

Look at this
    quote:

76-77: 3,880,000 Exp
    77-78: 4,140,000 Exp
    78-79: 4,410,000 Exp
    79-80: 4,690,000 Exp
    80-81: 4,980,000 Exp

versus this
    quote:

81-82: 5,980,000 Exp
    82-83: 6,980,000 Exp
    83-84: 7,980,000 Exp
    84-85: 8,980,000 Exp

< Message edited by you stop -- 12/5/2018 19:45:36 >
    AQW  Post #: 4
    12/5/2018 20:04:04   
    Rastaban

They tend to make the experience requirements more reasonable after raising the cap. I doubt those levels will keep the insane requirements.

quote:

Jeez another level cap increase? How high do we need to go??? Oh and are we going to get new enhancements and awe enhancements for this?

I had been thinking that the 10th anniversary would be the best time to raise it to level 100. It has been a good 1.5 years or so since 85 became the cap. I sincerely hope they bother to update the Depths enhancements alongside the Awe enhancements this time. That they didn't update them after so long is ridiculous and kind of disturbing.
    Post #: 5
    12/5/2018 20:18:30   
    Metakirby
    Constructive & Helpful!

XP is never really an issue, unless you are itching to get max level ASAP, but since there's never any content locked behind that, there's not much reason to bother with it in the first place if you ask me. Just keeping a 25% XP boost item on at all times while grinding releases, reputations and other items will give you a steady amount of XP, especially if you happen to be farming on higher level mobs/bosses.

I have a feeling they are going to nerf the XP requirements for lvl 80-85, so it falls more in line with the previous couple levels. And before anyone jumps on me and says that would be unfair, it really isn't, when you are playing an ever evolving game like AQW, meta changes like these are expected. Anyone who is currently level 85, through manual labor or through farming end game items (like me) already got rewarded by being on top of the food chain for however long one has been max level at this point. If anything, I just didn't expect it to happen this soon, it has only been about one an a half year since the level cap increased by 20, so I expected at least another 6 month-12 months.

I am grateful for the incentive to actually play AQW again after several months of doing basically nothing but the weekly release grinds and occasionally killing random bosses for the heck of it with no real goal.
    AQW  Post #: 6
    12/5/2018 20:35:56   
    you stop

Meh it's just sometimes unreasonable. It makes the game faster, with no real end to it. I'm fearing a day where we no longer need the assistance of haste boosting classes. Or rather, they would just make haste boosting classes do a 10% boost in haste since that would practically put anything to cap. Heck, Lightcaster can already put itself to max haste just with a 15% haste buff from its heal. I feel like AE should first rework the way stats are incremented. I believe we had a hefty conversation regarding enhancements in the Class Discussion and I think that should be a priority before anything like a level cap increase is added. It's just an unneeded change. At lvl 65, we were already capable of handling every boss in game, Lvl 85 just emphasizes that. Now, there's a new level cap which would just make every thing so fast.

I guess it's something to look forward to, if anything. Again I don't mind the constant level cap increase but at least work on the more important things first.
    AQW  Post #: 7
    12/5/2018 20:37:00   
    ChaosRipjaw
    How We Roll Winner
    Jun15

Level cap increase could making farming void auras go faster
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
    12/5/2018 22:56:39   
    Veya

quote:

I have a feeling they are going to nerf the XP requirements for lvl 80-85, so it falls more in line with the previous couple levels. And before anyone jumps on me and says that would be unfair, it really isn't

It also wouldn't be the first time, as a really long time player, I recall that when the game launched, it took an astonishing 500k XP to level from 19 to 20(then the cap), when the cap was raised to 30, they lowered the 19-20 requirement to what is now, and 29-30 then took 500k XP instead, which they then also reduced to what it is today once the cap was increased once more, we kind of have a history with this behavior, and I don't recall it ever being a problem. Not counting how upset 15 year old me got back then, but I am certain I was an idiot at that age...

I, for one, welcome our level 95-100(whatever the cap may be) overlords, mama needs more Dodge on her Chrono Assassin.

< Message edited by Veya -- 12/5/2018 22:58:28 >
    AQW  Post #: 9
    12/6/2018 0:20:20   
    evanater

Any update on 10 year/9 year member/AC quest zones and class variants?
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
    12/6/2018 0:23:13   
    Sambud

What about also giving us an alternate place to farm exp, like, leveling is so bad with the current places to farm, we need areas with new monsters that give more exp.
    DF AQW  Post #: 11
    12/6/2018 11:32:53   
    Beshin Adin

Something small, like Chromafection for Mogloween. Add something like that
    AQ AQW  Post #: 12
    12/6/2018 17:36:45   
    you stop

quote:

I, for one, welcome our level 95-100(whatever the cap may be) overlords, mama needs more Dodge on her Chrono Assassin.
    Is what im fearing honestly. Hit chance and crit chance are given. Supports already cover those. But as it is, dodge classes will be immortal
    AQW  Post #: 13
    12/6/2018 18:14:36   
    The Jop

Didn't they cap dodge rate?
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
    12/6/2018 18:31:46   
    you stop

Where did they say that? And last I checked Great Thief still has 100% dodge rate, ChronoAssassin still has above 85% dodge rate, and Horc Evader still has above 95% dodge rate
    AQW  Post #: 15
    12/6/2018 22:03:11   
    reneilto56

I was already waiting for the level increase.
    Let's see if it goes to level 100
    Post #: 16
    12/7/2018 1:56:34   
      Shadowhunt
    Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

100 is the final goal for the level cap, but going up another 15, especially at this point, would be quite a lot. 88.7 sounds reasonable.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 17
    12/7/2018 9:11:17   
    Tyroniter

Level cap is ok and all, but I'm more interested in the new class tbh. Already sounds like another class to just slap Full Luck enh on and ignore all other stats :(

Also correct me if I'm wrong, but was LightCaster the last new class that actually performs better with Full Wiz than Full Luck(not sure on that either, going even further beyond, Infinity Knight or the new Dark Caster is probably the last one I remember)?
    AQW  Post #: 18
    12/7/2018 9:49:06   
    Instantstrike

Uhmmm...i don't mind the level cap increase but, i wish there's an oppurtunity for that to be used..if anything level cap at the current state is fine and doesn't really need an increase at all due to the fact that levels are unnecessary. The classes obtainable in the game are somewhat capable of defeating any monsters, which in a way is not a issue but hinders the entire gameplay. Classes is not just an issue although this can be fixed.

I think that with the level cap increase there should be a challenge. What it means is that the moment you reach those levels, it wont mean that you can defeat most bosses in the game but rather it allows an oppurtunity to make things even harder. That's somewhat a solution to the current status of the game. Make enemies harder or some gimmick, provide something unique for the bosses just like with how they did it on the chaos lords. I really like enemies that are strong and it really encourages you to pick certain classes and requires team coordination since the game is an MMO afterall. So a challenge is what the game needs and not making things easier. (same goes to class designs.)
    AQW  Post #: 19
    12/7/2018 9:58:18   
    zanathos

So did that Darkovia saga and the Mysterious Egg hatch get pushed back to 2019 or is that canceled? Because I wasted entirely too much of my time hunting down those seven keys once for them to just completely throw the idea away.]
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 20
    12/7/2018 10:34:10   
      Shadowhunt
    Snow Angel, Bug Hunter, Class Tester

@Instantstrike: I agree that there should be more challenge, and we've designed a few things recently(ish) to try to get to that point. There are issues with doing that, however. Players have gotten so used to godlike powers that releasing a boss that can't be soloed and requires a team doesn't usually go over that well. The main complaint is that they have to find a group, but because AQW has largely turned into an RPG that other players happen to be in, rather than a full-on MMO, people aren't very organized for quickly and easily finding the groups. A few days after release you can usually find a public group who is already there, sure, but after that? Outta luck.

Similar things go for class design. We've been trying some new stuff out lately, some of which people haven't experienced yet. In some cases, people seem to really like it. In other cases, people gave rather disheartening feedback. Ultimately, though, it comes down to power creep and trying to make something people will actually want to use. If we make a class that has a lot of cool new mechanics and maybe requires more thought and effort to maximize, or doesn't do a ton of damage, people tend to just disregard it. It comes back to that single-player MMO issue. With classes and stats the way they are, along with the expectations (and in some cases demands) of the playerbase, it's getting pretty tough to keep things new, interesting, and balanced. I'd personally love to rebalance stats, or at least stat distributions, once the level 100 cap is released, but that may not be viable. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.
    AQ AQW  Post #: 21
    12/7/2018 12:19:55   
    Tyroniter

Yo adding onto what zanathos said, we haven't even heard of a peep from Alina about the Dark Scroll thingy either, or the Monster Hunter class, or the Testing Server bank pet we were promised, lot of loose ends that haven't been cleared up at all, and doesn't seem to be discussed anymore either.
    AQW  Post #: 22
    12/7/2018 15:50:38   
    Silver Sky Magician

All of the above are valid concerns but I just want to say Gravelyn is so adorable in that picture and I want her face as a helm, especially that smile.
    Post #: 23
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> =AQW= Design Notes December 5, 2018: December 2018 Event Calendar + Final Weekend: Black Friday Gear
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition