Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 21«<910111213>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/7/2019 3:41:33   
vishal

Since AQW is moving away from rares, these should be seasonal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 251
2/7/2019 7:53:01   
Elemec

@Metakirby

I'm pretty sure both tweets said they'd be avaible for LTs or AC.
AQW  Post #: 252
2/7/2019 9:23:09   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

None of the news I have read about the classes say that the Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster class variant will be available for LTs.
quote:

The new version of the EVOLVED Dark Caster Class (same skills, new art) will be available for 2,000 ACs or for Legion Tokens, just like the original. If you have the original class, you will get this new one for free.

https://twitter.com/Alina_AE/status/1092907274954264577
There's no mention of the Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster variant here, only the Evolved Dark Caster variant.

quote:

One buff, two buff, dark buff, blue buff... EVERYONE will have the opportunity to obtain revamped Mystic/Arcane Dark Caster AND Evolved Dark Caster classes for Dage's birthday! The art won't be the same, but the skills will be-- stock up on ACs or Legion Tokens now!

https://twitter.com/Psi_AE/status/1092913335664865280
Neither does this explicitly state that the Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster class will be available for LTs. It could just be interpreted as "you want to either get LTs for Evolved, or ACs for Arcane/Mystic".

Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster was only available for ACs on it's release, so based on that, I don't think it will see an LT release. Now I would be pleasantly surprised if it was available for LTs, but it doesn't seem likely and I wouldn't count on it happening. I would rather keep my expectations low than be disappointed.

If you can find a tweet or other mention by AE staff that I might have missed which directly states an LT version of the Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster variant, I would be happy to change my mind.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 2/7/2019 9:24:53 >
AQW  Post #: 253
2/7/2019 18:28:33   
Elemec

Oh, my bad. Seems like I've read it and assumed it was for both. I reeeally hope both are LTs though, would be a treat to try out A/MDC alongside Evolved.
AQW  Post #: 254
2/7/2019 20:45:30   
Jams Loyal Subject

Why bring back Evolved and Arcane but not the original?

~Loyal.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 255
2/8/2019 19:47:45   
ArchNero

Interesting. AH's second skill is now an auto crit.
Post #: 256
2/8/2019 22:25:34   
Veya

Okay, so a tiny piece of news.

It seems the ADC variant will be available through LTs, confirmed by Pisces on Discord, meaning that both EDC and ADC variants will likely be free classes now(besides the Legion-joining cost).

Maybe there will be changes to this, since this isn't an official announcement or anything of the sort, but for right now, we can rest easy.

< Message edited by Veya -- 2/8/2019 22:26:05 >
AQW  Post #: 257
2/9/2019 2:57:41   
evanater

I'm having a lot of fun with AH after the change. It's always nice to have a class that can use an unstable weapon without imploding into itself if you're unlucky.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 258
2/9/2019 3:36:32   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Okay, so a tiny piece of news.

It seems the ADC variant will be available through LTs, confirmed by Pisces on Discord, meaning that both EDC and ADC variants will likely be free classes now(besides the Legion-joining cost).

Maybe there will be changes to this, since this isn't an official announcement or anything of the sort, but for right now, we can rest easy.

I'm still skeptical about it and while I did say before that I would change my mind if something like this popped up, it still doesn't feel right that it would be sold for LTs, but it has peaked my interest. I guess we will have to see if enough people make an uproar about it on twitter, mostly the people who bought the class for ACs prior. While I am not an owner of ADC, it still sucks to know that you spent ACs on something, only for it to be sold for practically free later. It's like the opposite of an early adopter bonus.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 2/9/2019 3:37:01 >
AQW  Post #: 259
2/9/2019 4:56:32   
Aura Knight

I hadn't considered this at all. While EDC did have a legion token option, ADC did not and you had to spend 2k AC to get it. Having bought the class with 2k AC last time, I have no reason to be upset about this because it was my decision to spend the ACs and my choice to purchase that was not at all influenced by rarity. I just wanted a new class. Because EDC skills are making a return, I think it's fine that this is happening. I'll now be able to try a class I had been curious about for a while.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 260
2/9/2019 11:31:38   
zanathos

I don't mind ADC coming back for LTs, because its not like the Legion has free entry, and it's been like two years since the class even came out. Those who paid for it with ACs before are getting the new class for free, so if anything they get even more than what they paid and have nothing to be mad about, short of some imagined elitism around owning a rare class that I never see people use anyway
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 261
2/9/2019 13:43:43   
Edme MacHeath

Any opinions on chunin?

It's kinda interested they made it only a 2 target class. I find that to be somewhat of a significant nerf. However 5 no longer stuns and deals increased damage and AA is two target with potential healing.

I personally think the auto doesn't need to be 2.5 seconds and can stay at 2 seconds.. I also think they can keep all the skills to 2 target, but make paralyzing wind be 3 target just so the class has some sort of competitive or modern edge to it. 2 target doesn't do the class any justice.
Overall it's decent but those would be my suggestions. They wouldn't make it too wild or anything but I'm thinking the class got redesigned into a huger niche than it was before. Being unable to heal was already a niche but now it's potentially in a bigger niche.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 2/9/2019 13:51:34 >
AQ  Post #: 262
2/9/2019 13:44:23   
The ErosionSeeker
*insert cheesy pun here*

quote:

While I am not an owner of ADC, it still sucks to know that you spent ACs on something, only for it to be sold for practically free later. It's like the opposite of an early adopter bonus.

I wonder how people feel about the Shogun Paragon pet.
An early adopter bonus of say, having that class for a whole 3 years beforehand seems pretty big.
DF AQW  Post #: 263
2/9/2019 15:18:30   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

quote:

Any opinions on chunin?

I like it, it's not like it lost much from Paralyzing Wind going from 3 to 2 targets, since it was the only 3 target skill it had outside of Chi Blast anyways. Paralyzing Wind would always be the one hitting that extra enemy, making you take more damage than you would like, which is luckily mitigated now with the ability to heal without relying on a rank 10 passive. At least all the skills are ranged now, besides the autoattack, so you don't have to worry AS much about pulling enemies towards you with Paralyzing Winds first. I may remember wrongly, but I believe Tsunami Strike and Spinning Dragon was, at best, mid ranged.

quote:

I wonder how people feel about the Shogun Paragon pet.

That hadn't even crossed my mind, but it's still different in functionality than other Paragon Pets, even if the result of having it is the same, fast Legion Tokens. Shogun Paragon was also born due to inflation, whereas Mystic/Arcane Dark Caster's class variant being ACs only is more about staying consistent with pricing, of what is essentially the same product. I feel like the decision to also bring back Evolved Dark Caster at the same time was to have a "new" class ready to be purchased for LTs on Dage's Birthday as well, to accompany the previously assumed AC only Arcane/Mystic Dark Caster variant. Arcane Dark Caster getting an LT version is like Abyssal Angel's Shadow being farmable with Nulgath resources. I am not against the idea of an LT version, but I just don't see the need for them to do it, from a business standpoint.
AQW  Post #: 264
2/9/2019 22:12:06   
you stop

quote:

but I just don't see the need for them to do it, from a business standpoint.
While my answer to this might be slightly off topic, Asuka once said that every once in a while, they also have to give something good to free players. The most prime example being Void Battlemage. It's a great armour aesthetically speaking on top of the fact that it's fully CC. Although if anything, I do understand that a Class shouldn't be compared to something like an Armour, where one affects functionality while the other is cosmetics. But still, this may be part of that plan where they intend to give something to free players.

I also do think that joining Legion is a free thing to do, assuming about 1k ACs worth of free yearly ACs as well as confirming your email, which gives 200.
AQW  Post #: 265
2/10/2019 10:35:55   
G Man

Personally Chunin is.... fine. Not a class I'd use, but not a class that'll necessarily rot for eternity in my bank/inventory.
It's a serviceable class is you're an older player, and came back, and/or don't have BB/VL/AbA/etc. (Or if you want to change your class for a day or two.)
But being a 2 target class with a low and unreliable heal, relying entirely on luck (Hit chance reduction, and spinning dragon triggers) to survive longer farming sessions, it's a hard pass as soon as you get something with a more targeting, damage, and sustain. Having to not stop and rest, and the ability to hit 3 or more targets (especially in public rooms) are huge advantages that a lot of other farming classes have.

< Message edited by G Man -- 2/10/2019 10:51:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 266
2/13/2019 11:20:22   
Elemec

I've been playing around with SSG on my Secondary, and it's actually pretty fun to use! I can definetly see why it's not recommended for farming, but I found it refreshing to use. Besides, it's going to be a big help for a certain boss battle in the future (looking at you, Aranx).

Now, regarding Evolved Dark Caster as a class, how do you guys feel about it? I'm still probably going to farm for it and ADC (and everything else worth it in Dage's birthday, that is), but I wanted to know how it'd compare, as ADC seemed to be pretty strong with its dots and the likes
AQW  Post #: 267
2/13/2019 11:59:56   
Veya

The main problem with rating EDC right now is that it is meant to get a buff pretty soon, so any information given about the class' current state will be outdated by the Dage's birthday rolls around and we can get our hands on it.
AQW  Post #: 268
2/13/2019 16:55:27   
Edme MacHeath

It's main problem is it's just inconsistent and outdated

Each skill that attacks deals somewhat outdated damage, the nuke cooldown is too long to be the only skill that hits 3 targets, despite autohitting and autocritting.

Each skill that attacks targets a different number of enemies. 2nd skill seems to have melee range or atleast not full range, which is weird for a skill that targets 2 enemies but isn't unheard of.

The heal is somewhat unreliable but I guess it's not too big of a problem? It does have a damage reduction rank 10 and 15% dodge from rank 4. But I still encounter somewhat of a survival issue using it as a modern class.

I would prefer some kind of target consistency. Making all the skills hit the same amount of targets. Perhaps a somewhat stronger heal, and a reduced nuke cooldown, perhaps down to 10-15 seconds.
AQ  Post #: 269
2/16/2019 4:25:46   
trophy435

yeah the chunin nuke cooldown is still a bit much, but thank goodness it doesnt self-stun

man i wanna see the blademaster class get some love again...
DF AQW  Post #: 270
2/16/2019 21:02:54   
Edme MacHeath

I wasn't talking about chunin's nuke.
AQ  Post #: 271
3/1/2019 9:29:20   
Tyroniter

Apparently we're getting 3 new(old) classes this weekend, of which EDC will be the only one available for Legion Tokens, the other 2 being the original Dark Caster and ADC. Correct me if I'm wrong here, but original DC and EDC were gonna get their skills reworked to make them more powerful right?
AQW  Post #: 272
3/1/2019 10:07:39   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

As far as I know, EDC/LEDC should get buffed alongside today's release so it should have the same skillset as the new variant, Infinite Dark Caster, which will be available for LTs. Original DC will not get buffed (presumably), but the new variant of it, Immortal Dark Caster, will supposedly be quite powerful, but we still don't know what the requirements are for this class yet, other than the option to buy it for 2k ACs. Timeless Dark Caster (the ADC/MDC variant) will just be released as is and is only available for ACs, like ADC/MDC was. Owners of the original class(es) will also get the new variant for free, as usual.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 3/1/2019 10:10:35 >
AQW  Post #: 273
3/1/2019 17:15:56   
Veya

Pisces has mentioned that OG DC is getting the new tier 2 DC skills , but that's also suspect to change, and it would just be a way to get owners of the OG class get the T2 version for free/get a better class while keeping the snazzy simple "Dark Caster" name.
AQW  Post #: 274
3/2/2019 1:20:16   
Ach1

Why cant we let go of rare classes. I think someone from staff mentioned that this game had too many classes and that was a problem, but they are now adding so many versions of same classes, I am very confused
AQW  Post #: 275
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 21«<910111213>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition