Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 12 of 21«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/2/2019 4:06:37   
Yucheng3

Can we get these new classes with just the armor only? Also, can AE finally bring back Blademaster?
Post #: 276
3/2/2019 7:42:34   
Tyroniter

I think the main aim here is to stop unique skillsets from going rare, so that even a new player may get to enjoy using the moves that the original DC/EDC/ADC had, albeit under a new class name, so as to distinguish the ones who have had it for longer.

Edit: Anyone willing to help with recommended enhancements for the 3 classes? I remember ADC working good with Full Wiz because of it's DoTs and all, but what about DC and L/EDC?

< Message edited by Tyroniter -- 3/2/2019 7:44:00 >
AQW  Post #: 277
3/2/2019 11:16:03   
Veya

I am extremely disappointed by the EDC "buff", it is a solid damage buff across the board, but it doesn't fix the main issue with the class, which is that its multi-target is completely all over the place, and the class still can't be used for anything significant.
AQW  Post #: 278
3/2/2019 13:11:50   
zanathos

The heal and a full long range to all the skills were the only buffs I was really looking for on EDC, and neither appear to have gotten touched lol, oh well. Here's to the hope the Dark Caster buff and Tier 2 DC fare better
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 279
3/2/2019 13:31:55   
Elemec

How meaningful is the damage it does as of now? I'll buy it eitherway, but I want to know how bankable it'll end up being.
[EDIT: Bought it and tested it myself]

Okay so... the damage is alright, but the heal is expensive (and only really worth it when it crits), last skill does more damage than Blaze Binder's 5 skill does at face value, but has a rpretty long cooldown.

I'm a little disappointed, even further since the armor is AC/Chest only, but hey... it's required to get into the map for the future Dark Caster 2, so at least there's that.

< Message edited by Elemec -- 3/2/2019 15:15:59 >
AQW  Post #: 280
3/2/2019 16:24:01   
Aura Knight

If EDC and its newly added clone variant could have their skills all be AoE, either 2 target or 3 target, and if the third skill had a much better range, the class would be a lot more fun to use for farming. I also think the heal on it should be a leech type like what we have on the weaken skill of necromancer but also provide healing to allies maybe in the form of just a heal over time. The damage from the last skill is very nice, unfortunately the somewhat long cooldown doesn't make it the most reliable for farming. I think the class could use a haste boost which could be added to skill 1 since that does affect haste. How about we have it be like the skill on abyssal angel which takes enemy haste and boosts our own? Maybe even remove the damage from skill 3 and replace it with either a DoT or blind to help defense.

I am enjoying the class a lot despite my complaints. It was something I had been looking forward to for quite a while. Just wish it was even better.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 281
3/2/2019 17:13:50   
Elemec

I actually enjoyed the class as well, it's nice, and it looks nice... But I'd appreciate if it could be more consistent. It's got potential. Also would enjoy a LT version of its armor, even if all Dark Casters look closely the same.

I've seen Classic LDK and LDK are somewhat similar skill-wise. Do you guys think any has an edge over the other?
AQW  Post #: 282
3/2/2019 17:25:52   
Aura Knight

Classic is more suited for shorter fights and legion doomknight is better for longer fights.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 283
3/3/2019 9:03:24   
Edme MacHeath

It just feels like EDC is fighting one enemy most of the time, except once when you get to use the 5th skill. Even the 2nd skill just... feels off to me.
There's no consistency in either range or amount of targets and the class has even less consistency due to the different skills having longer cooldowns than eachother.
I'm not using this class ever again and that was already how I felt about chunin. If the aim was to give a sizable buff but one that amounted to nothing somehow still, they achieved so.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 3/3/2019 9:04:40 >
AQ  Post #: 284
3/3/2019 9:17:37   
Elemec

I'm really hoping there'll be a fix to the skill 3 Range and overall the way it performs. It's fun, it's not bad (even if not meta defining), but... come on, it should have consistency.

On another thing, seems like they removed Classic LDK from the shop, and instead Harbinger is there.
AQW  Post #: 285
3/3/2019 9:21:22   
XeNON_54

give EDC the Vampire Lord treatment!!!
Post #: 286
3/3/2019 12:59:34   
wozzen

So, I've decided to join the Legion, but haven't quite yet built up the 200 trophy things needed for that one quest and have 2000ACs and I'm torn: should I use them on LDMK, Soul Cleaver, or should I wait in the vain hope that the AC Dark Harbinger comes back?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 287
3/3/2019 13:01:10   
Elemec

I'd recommend keeping them, running all the 200 trophies ASAP and selling Undead Warrior after you finish Fail to the King. If you want help to get trophies, just DM me!
If you're really in a hurry, you could purchase the Paragon pet and use its quests to grind all the other classes, but I wouldn't do that since you do have quite some time to grind your 2000LTs from either Dreadrock or Legionarena.

< Message edited by Elemec -- 3/3/2019 13:02:36 >
AQW  Post #: 288
3/3/2019 14:17:37   
zanathos

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Soul Cleaver and Harbinger currently have the same skillset anyway, I'd try to earn all three with tokens, but if i had to choose one to buy with ACs, I'd go LDMK, it's the best all-around class out of the ones you gave imo
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 289
3/3/2019 15:43:27   
Elemec

That is indeed true. Never understood why everyone says _Harbinger_ instead of SoulC/Harb. Both are the same save for cosmetic value.
AQW  Post #: 290
3/3/2019 15:45:00   
kyyaha

Thinking of buying either LDK or Timeless Dark Caster. Which one would you guys recommend?
AQW  Post #: 291
3/3/2019 17:35:55   
Metakirby
Constructive & Helpful!

If you can, you should get both, Legion Doomknight through LTs and Timeless Dark Caster through ACs. They both perform about the same in terms of DPS and sustain, really, but LDK is a lot more straight forward to play and get good results with.

Legion Doomknight.
Pros:
Easy to use.
Stackable defense reduction.
High and satisfying damage numbers.
Great sustain.

Cons:
None, really.

Timeless Dark Caster.
Pros:
Very high DoT once stacked, upwards of 5.6k at level 90.
Great sustain.
Can prestack buffs if needed.

Cons:
You need to mash a certain skill A LOT and also stun your self periodically for maximum efficiency.

Even though a majority of Timeless' damage comes from a fully stacked DoT, even just the base damage from the skills and auto attack adds a lot of damage, especially until you have reached your peak damage output.

I would personally recommend Timeless Dark Caster over Legion Doomknight, due to Timeless only being available for ACs (and feels more rewarding to use properly), whereas Legion Doomknight will be available for LTs every March, but Legion Doomknight is still, in my opinion, the superior class of the 2 and requires less effort to get the same, or even better results than Timeless Dark Caster and that is not even taking into consideration that Legion Doomknight does more in a group fight due to it's defense debuff and benefits more from damage boost items.

< Message edited by Metakirby -- 3/3/2019 17:37:18 >
AQW  Post #: 292
3/4/2019 1:12:52   
you stop

So far with my tests, Evolved Dark Caster isn't a bad class at all. It's just really weird to use but in no way is it directly bad. I dont think it takes over the top 5 spot any time soon but it's up there. Though it's just weird since I don't know the difference between using the classes back in Lvl 85 and now at lvl 90. I'm comparing two different levels but I think the numbers should be about +-2 seconds difference
AQW  Post #: 293
3/4/2019 12:25:20   
Elemec

Indeed, it's a pretty good and "fun" class. If it's range and consistency is buffed, I could definetly see myself using it even more! Might as well be my favorite farming class, reminds me of SSG but without disconnects and with actually really good damage.
AQW  Post #: 294
3/4/2019 12:38:36   
Edme MacHeath

I personally disagree. it's bad in quite a few ways but it's probably more decent or usable now with increased values.
A somewhat unreliable heal. Differing attack ranges, differing target numbers, somewhat awkward cooldowns.

It can't be considered horrible now with higher damage but it's flawed the same way it was. It's the same way they treated chunin….

Its....ok....I really won't use either. I'm sure the raw damage number it has is fine, but it's still not really "modern" they only half fixed things.
AQ  Post #: 295
3/4/2019 17:10:44   
Veya

EDC would be a great class if it had 3 target long ranged AoE in all 3 attack skills, honestly.

The heal is fine, since it applies a HoT on top of the heal burst, the HoT is the first target, but the first target is always yourself if you are not targetting someone specific so that's whatever, plus Farming classes normally don't need a *ton* of healing, just enough to keep them afloat, the 2 and the 3 are 3 and 4 sec cooldown, which is better than Shaman's Cooldowns even if it deals less damage, while having absolutely no mana issues, and the 5 is a nice burst every once in a while.

It would serve the perfect role of being a Legion farming class, which it's currently the only one(not counting Darkside since that's rare), and would pair off well with Legion DoomKnight as the two go-to Legion classes, but it is just very awkward class to use with it's lack of range and all-over-the-place AoE currently.
AQW  Post #: 296
3/4/2019 18:40:01   
you stop

I would say it's bad if it was just straightforwardly bad. It really just feels like 3 is the only bad skill with its stupidly short range. The heal is fine as is. Sustain wise, I never had to worry while making runs in /tod4 and damage was never an issue. It was really the range since I cannot mindlessly press 3 so I have to walk in the middle of two mobs in order to get the fastest clear speed. It's annoying so to speak, but most definitely not bad.

Recently I've just been convinced of 4 major tiers for farming classes namely:
1. Shaman - yes it is its own tier. It's consistently the best in all my tests, even when I dont use Awe enhancements while everything else has them.
2. Great Farming classes - things like Blaze Binder, Abyssal Angel, and Vamp Lord. Basically things that would be part of everyone's top 2-5.
3. Better than Eternal Inversionist - yes I specifically named it that way. These classes include Paladin, Master of Moglins, etc. Theyre the usable ones that do not and will probably not overtake the top 5 classes but are not trash tier either.
4. Eternal Inversionist - another tier in itself. The class is bad and somehow people in a discord server I manage think it's good. In this tier, you will also find SSG and Chaos Slayer.

I believe that EDC belongs in Tier 3, at least by my test runs. It's very awkward to use and all but it's "okay" so to speak.

< Message edited by you stop -- 3/4/2019 18:48:45 >
AQW  Post #: 297
3/5/2019 8:58:46   
Elemec

My thoughts are the same as most of you, it's damage is good, cooldowns (other than nuke) are good, and really, if it had consistency (all skills hitting 3 targets, having long range and the likes), it could maybe even bump itself to tier 2 in you stop's tierlist.
It's a really easy to get class (2000 LTs will always be a lot easier and faster than, say, getting rank 10 Arcangrove), "fun" (this might be subjective, but it's a lot more fun than Blaze Binder's dots or Shaman's "hold your skills while your aa regains mana") and good enough.

The problem might be looking at it as a necessary competitor to Shaman. Shaman will never leave its spot unless you're farming with a Stonecrusher and FB constantly following you and using their buffs and you're using a class that theoretically would hit harder than Shaman given those circumstances, or somehow a new class pops up for a really long grind.

If you fix LEDC/EDC/IDC's problems, you get a pretty handy alternative to Shaman and the likes: Easy to use, reliable, easy to get.
Obviously it won't shift the meta, but has any Dark Caster ever done so? We can also always wait for Immortal and see if it might peak itself as the 3rd best soloer and dethrone SC/LDK.

In regards to the heal, this is a class with higher Dodge chance than normal and a heal that more often than not will be 1.5k+ depending on your level and luck stat. I wouldn't really call its heal bad.

< Message edited by Elemec -- 3/5/2019 9:01:04 >
AQW  Post #: 298
3/5/2019 9:53:10   
Edme MacHeath

The class needs consistent AoE more than it needs the increased damage. I'm not gonna accept comparisons to shaman because the correct changes never would've had be anywhere near shaman.

Nobody is asking the class to shift the meta nor were they asking for something remotely comparable to shaman.

I heavily question the logic of everything if the immediate argument is that the class doesn't need to be top tier. Why does having a more functional class than one with absurd damage values mean it would be top tier?

the way I see it, it would've been a solid mid tier class with no huge flaws.
AQ  Post #: 299
3/5/2019 9:58:49   
Elemec

I think I might've hit a language wall, sorry. I don't know how the damage was before the buff, so I can't say I'd prefer it just having the consistent AoE and no increase in damage. But I also really hope they'll make all its skill long-range and 3 enemies AoE. It's all the class needs at the moment..
AQW  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 12 of 21«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition