Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 21«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2019 17:05:47   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Blaze Binder: Full Wizard
Chaos Slayer: Full Luck
Dragon Knight: Full Wizard presumably
Dragonslayer: Not sure, probably Luck
LightCaster: Full Wizard
StoneCrusher: Full Wizard
Cryomancer: Full Wizard
Darkside: Full Luck
Oracle: Full Wizard
Pyromancer: Full Wizard
The Collector: Luck/Wizard or all Luck?
Undead Goat: Full Luck (I think)
Vindicator of They: Same as Collector

Of all those classes, the most useful are BlazeBinder (for farming) and LightCaster (for soloing). Maybe StoneCrusher if you play support, but I tend to play solo so support isn't my style.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 126
1/10/2019 0:33:43   
Hardcastle McCormick

^Mostly accurate but I disagree for StoneCrusher being full wizard.

All of StoneCrusher's abilities hit considerably higher with full Luck, and the lower haste doesn't matter because you're going to hit max haste with the class no matter what.

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 1/10/2019 0:44:49 >
AQW  Post #: 127
1/10/2019 5:37:45   
Edme MacHeath

1. Why use luck with darkside, it achieves higher damage on both base damage and crit damage from all of it's skills from using wizard, plus it's heal is locked to a long cooldown and needs that noticable higher amount given to wizard. The only reason I can think of would to be give the auto a higher crit damage since it's melee, but it's single target in a class primarily focused on multi target, that's also a magical class, I don't see how that'd really matter.

2. Oracle actually benefits in terms of damage from luck since it sometimes guarantee it's auto to crit, and it's only other source of damage is it's skill #5 edited timeline, while magical and while the class can increase it's intellect, there is enough of a reason to use luck in general use because while it's a support, people don't actually need that extra healing, much less that people actually don't use it as a support class as often as you'd think. Which is strange to me because it's damage is horrid. So i'd say not that luck is better, but that both wizard and luck are both fine for the class.

3. SC only gains extra healing from Wizard, and somewhat loses both DPS and some amount of mana regen, you lose like 30% that you would've had from crit modifiers with luck. or something like that. I don't think healing is really necessary to be quite as optimal as possible considering you also make everyone take 50% less damage

4. Collector has no good reason to use Wizard at all, it doesn't gain enough haste to make it's nuke or stun reliable enough due to longer cooldowns and weaker nuke. It remains way more consistent DPS wise if you use luck. However this is not necessarily true for VoT, where it can nearly stunloop, making it justifyable to run to full wiz. The difference between luck and wiz on both classes isn't too marginable but it's enough that I actually recommend different enhancements for both. Wiz/Luck for VoT and only luck for Collector, although that isn't necessarilly the case in PvP.

AQ  Post #: 128
1/10/2019 9:00:16   
Paulus Xiphos

Best enhancements for Dragonslayer General?
AQW  Post #: 129
1/10/2019 9:51:39   
battlesiege15

Thank you all! I'll have to relearn how to use SC and LightCaster then.

Are there any really good classes that you would recommend that have been released lately and are easy to obtain?
AQ AQW  Post #: 130
1/10/2019 10:20:47   
Veya

There is very little to learn to be honest, SC and LC are both very spammy classes that let you use your skills as soon as they come off cooldown, at most I would say to always start with 3 on SC(to get your Haste+Crit buff online) and always start with 4 on LC(to get all your buffs online).

And the only class I can think of to suggest would be Vampire Lord, but that's seasonal to Mogloween so you can't get it currently, maybe focus on ShadowScythe General, just talk to Gravelyn in /battleontown, it's brilliant in PvP, but awful for everything else, it doesn't require much effort to get since it is a fairly easy daily, though you may speed it up by farming Sigrid for them at a 3% drop rate each if you wish to.

< Message edited by Veya -- 1/10/2019 10:27:37 >
AQW  Post #: 131
1/10/2019 11:48:19   
Tyroniter

Since you've already got StoneCrusher, I'm assuming that you're at Rank 10 Arcangrove too. If so, Shaman is definitely another class worth picking up for you.
AQW  Post #: 132
1/10/2019 15:26:14   
Edme MacHeath

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that unstable weapons are basically underutilized since the introduction of high damage boosting weapons?
Especially when physical classes/skills are the only ones who can utilize them in the first place? Shouldn't they have fixed the bug where magical classes recieve less damage with them by now?

I mean I get magical classes seem to be released way more often and usually are stronger than physical classes, but I don't think that has to be the case. I think it just ended up that way. Especially since a lot of good classes are hybrid, which is just odd in itself since it just seems like a stat model that does nothing and ends up using luck because hybrid enhancement sucks.

It seems like the whole damage range is obsolete, now you just want something consistent with a high damage boost attached. I'm pretty sure most people would end up using a static weapon if it had a 51% damage boost attached rather than a 0-60 with a 51% damage boost attached. I'm not sure what would need to be done to make unstable weapons viable again.

< Message edited by Edme MacHeath -- 1/10/2019 15:27:42 >
AQ  Post #: 133
1/10/2019 18:13:53   
Elemec

I'm bothered by that as well, but I sadly dunno how they could balance them back to being truly viable-- outside of introducing more powerful 0-60 weapons (which could break some balancing?), I really think the introduction of bonus dmg weps (specially universal ones-- the x or y ones are only used for said situations, so they don't do that much harm) made that a lot more aparent. I feel like a lot of physical classes just have very little reason to have the chance of getting the "60" dmg to happen, compared to just geting the "30" with its respective boost.
AQW  Post #: 134
1/10/2019 19:34:28   
Veya

Personally, I always hated unstable weapons, they are completely worthless to me as there is no real benefit to using them, since damage always averages out, and I love that the game has, essentially, slowly phased them out, and I hope it stays that way, the only thing I could possibly want would be the NSoD be changed to a perfect 30-30 instead of 27-33, so that I can have perfect stability while having the 51% boost.
AQW  Post #: 135
1/11/2019 3:44:43   
Rastaban

I would also very much appreciate a static damage NSOD.
Post #: 136
1/11/2019 6:13:23   
XeNON_54

Necrotic Unarmed of Doom when.
Post #: 137
1/11/2019 14:14:24   
G Man

So, what farming class is "worth" the 2k/1.5k ACs?
I threw a couple bucks worth of ACs on my one alt, and Blood Sorceress is.... not all together fun or good.
More or less just need something till Vampire Lord comes back around.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 138
1/11/2019 14:53:55   
Edme MacHeath

Blazebinder probably. Maybe Daimon if you prefer something that can achieve higher DPS with more risk-reward. Although Daimon is only 200k Gold for members, so don't buy it for ACs if you have membership till vampire lord or until you can farm for something better.

Farm shaman if you can. BB is also farmable if you can.

Abyssal Angel's Shadow comes back shortly after Vampire Lord comes back and is 2k ACs, so be aware of that.

AQ  Post #: 139
1/11/2019 15:52:11   
Veya

I wouldn't suggest getting Blaze Binder with ACs because Doomwood and Embersea are easy reps to max out, you are better off getting rank 10 on both, buying Pyromancer for 2k ACs, getting the 0AC version of Blaze Binder, then immediately selling Pyro for 90% of your ACs back, this allows you to get BB while skipping the long daily grind(42 days for non-mem) by paying only 200AC.
AQW  Post #: 140
1/11/2019 16:17:54   
Elemec

I second the AC Pyromancer idea! Although I can't do it (never bought AC, so max I had was about 1400), it really saves up time at cost of 200 AC (I mean, unless you'd want to keep Pyromancer... which I highly doubt!)

Doing the grinding you get access to Necromancer AND BB without waiting 42 days, which I'd presume is pretty solid for the low amount of effort it'd take to do so.

Perhaps level till 50 to get SS, but I'm not sure if it'd be much more fun, it's essentially the same as BS but... far better and spamming the last skill just like Troll's sigil.
AQW  Post #: 141
1/11/2019 16:39:58   
G Man

Thanks for the suggestion.
Going with BB

< Message edited by G Man -- 1/11/2019 16:44:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 142
1/11/2019 16:50:50   
Hardcastle McCormick

@Paulus Xiphos
Full Luck

The most annoying thing about the unstable weapon caster damage problem is that the vast majority of players are unaware of it. It can give people the wrong impression of classes. I even knew someone who sold their rare Abyssal Angel because they kept using it with ungodly reavers of nulgath and thought it was worthless.

For years the knowledge of this issue was so sparse that there were basically no newly added static weapons in the game for at least 3 whole years (and for whatever reason a lot of seasonal weapons like Lucky Sword and Giant Spoon were changed to 27-33 weapons in 2009...) basically forcing people to use only a handful of weapons if they wanted to be more efficient with certain caster classes. Although that’s basically true even now as it seems weapons with static range are STILL extremely illusive for no apparent reason.

But all this is seemingly irrelevant when non-conditional boosting weapons like BBoA and NSoD exist, as they completely broke the ‘you can use any weapon’ rule forever. I do however think it would make sense to have a static or unstable weapon with a +25% or +30% boost just for the slightest bit of variety.

< Message edited by Hardcastle McCormick -- 1/11/2019 17:28:51 >
AQW  Post #: 143
1/12/2019 14:02:05   
Elemec

I'd love a fixed (30-30) wep with more than 15% dmg boost. Getting the locke axe is easy, but there's not really any improvement past that.

Regarding the last boss of Icestorm Arena, I've thought about something. Shadowblade from Ninja does have that super powerful blind, but isn't the blind from the Spell the same? If one can coordinate with his or her fellows, they could all keep a bunch of scrolls of Shadowblade and use it whenever the effect goes off from the boss! Allowing for minimal usage (keeping a Ninja so that only every even Shadowblade is a Spell), or more efficient farming (one extra spot for dmg/support class assuming everyone synchronizes shadowblade)

I'm not sure if anyon's willing to test this, but it shouldn't be so bad considering how easy it is to make Shadowblades.
AQW  Post #: 144
1/12/2019 15:03:02   
kaziboca

i have 160 scroll of enrage in inventory, which is probably similar in cases of rogue
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 145
1/13/2019 13:50:14   
Hardcastle McCormick

With all these amazing seasonal classes we have nowadays (and frostval barbarian) I feel like they should go ahead and rework Evolved Leprechuan this year. That class was underwhelming even back in 2012 when it came out. And if it didn’t hold up then it DEFINITELY doesn’t hold up now. Even Pirate feels like a significant class by comparison.
AQW  Post #: 146
1/13/2019 14:08:47   
G Man

I agree, it was a mediocre/slightly serviceable class at the time.
It's a joke now.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 147
1/13/2019 14:57:07   
Edme MacHeath

Wouldn't they have to rework unlucky leprechaun aswell to rework evolved leprechaun, since they're almost the same class, albeit some differences.
AQ  Post #: 148
1/13/2019 15:43:09   
Veya

As a general thing, I am against rare classes being reworked in any way because that requires the staff to spend time and resources on something that will be accessible only to a very small portion of the player base, and even if you try to argue it is so similar to Evolve Lepre that it would take little effort to rework that as well, mind that Shadowhunt has stated before that even variants of existing classes take a fair bit of effort to design, which is why the 10 years played/9 years upgrade/600k ACs variants of Pirate/Skyguard Grenadier/Necromancer are taking so long, so the point still stands.

Of course, I would not be opposed if they made the skillset non-rare while at it, which is something the staff has already stated they want to do, but we don't know if they are willing to do it for this class at the moment.

< Message edited by Veya -- 1/13/2019 15:45:02 >
AQW  Post #: 149
1/16/2019 3:53:07   
Hardcastle McCormick

Finally got my copy of SSG. I noticed its auto attack (though not very potent) has a medium range to it. It made me wonder what other skills in the game have medium range, as Rogue’s Viper’s Kiss and Dragonlord’s Cursed Blade are the only ones that come to mind.
AQW  Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds General Discussion >> RE: =AQW= Class Discussion Thread
Page 6 of 21«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition