Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Your favorite quest/questline?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Your favorite quest/questline?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2019 3:07:27   
deathroythegreat

So, I was curious to know this as I have recently replayed the Calamity saga, because it was my favorite saga to play through since I started back in like 09.

I personally like it because of how hard it contrasts to the Dragonfable I knew pre-book 3 and how the game has matured with its audience. Not to mention Caitiff is an incredibly good villain despite being a one-off saga villain rather than the over-arching enemy like Sepulchure or The Rose.

I specifically really enjoyed the finale, as it culminates the pressure and stakes into probably my favorite boss fight in the whole game.
Post #: 1
1/8/2019 4:15:33   
LordKnight01

For quest, it's Caitiff Boss fight like you. There are perfect animation and roles of characters.
For story, it's Weaver saga. The best plot ever.

< Message edited by LordKnight01 -- 1/8/2019 4:37:17 >
DF AQW  Post #: 2
1/8/2019 5:48:32   
BluuHorseOfficial

Hard agree with LordKnight101 on that one.
DF  Post #: 3
1/8/2019 8:01:19   
dragon_master

I just liked all the Mogloween events (excluding the most recent one).
2017 had a war as well.

For a quest? Definitely Dueling Timelines.

The boss fight is one of the more harder ones,and it was before the Time Edge Inn.
DF  Post #: 4
1/8/2019 12:05:56   
Silver

I personally didn't like the calamity saga much in the beginning because I was getting tired of the whole "dArkNess WiLL CoNSuMe aLL HurR hUrr" thing, but it started becoming a lot better later on, especially after caitiff killed valrith

My favorite would have to be the first weaver saga, I think I've played that one like 7 times
Post #: 5
1/8/2019 13:07:25   
Lujikul

While the Calamity Saga is really good and was a demonstration of how horrifying and twisted things can get in DF, my favorite saga of all time is probably the Six Heroes one, because it's lighthearted with a touch of weight to it, features gladiatorial combat, and has a healthy dose of humor.
Post #: 6
1/8/2019 17:36:12   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Aside from the Weaver saga (which we all agree was bloody amazing) for me, one of my favourites was the Clashening. It was classic Dragonfable humour and shenanigans, and the interactions between Lim and Cysero were downright hilarious.
DF AQW  Post #: 7
1/8/2019 18:59:29   
coldmonkey

I always liked the Wind Orb arc, it had lots of Drakath, lots of pirates and ninjas and stuff, lots of humour and tight spots. Archknight and its DF adaption were some funny stuff, too. Oh, and A Hero Is Bored let us punt Twilly, which may be the best thing that's ever happened in Dragonfable.

< Message edited by coldmonkey -- 1/8/2019 19:01:22 >
AQ DF  Post #: 8
1/8/2019 21:20:04   
GammaCavy

Personal favorite sagas: Weaving Saga and Thirteen Orb saga. Questchains: I'd have to say it's a tie between the necropolis, the oaklore keep quests in all the books, and Bacon, Origins.All are fun, each makes you feel like you earned the reward. For a favorite single quest, it's Rolith's Question.
But really, its freaking hard to pick a favorite. This whole game is so.... I love everything. The good, the bad, and the in-between, from the Ghosts in the inn and Falconreach spies onward. Wrath of Wargoth is pretty good, but I find it not as accessible. And Stoneheart Fall is really, good, and if only it updated a bit more frequently, it'd be a favorite as well.
DF  Post #: 9
1/9/2019 7:59:09   
Malarik the Caster

In terms of sheer story, the weaver saga, of course. But that's the boring answer. In terms of the hilarity, shaping my childhood, and just overall being the best hour or so of Dragonfable ever, it has to be:

Cysero's left sock Necropolis sage, specifically the Gate Keeper quest.

I remember, when as a wee lad, I played through that for the first time. I ran around screeming "Magic!" and "RID THE WORLD OF THESE FOUL BEASTS" for a good few weeks. Ah, good times. We need more like this. Good ol' Artix shennanigans, ridiculous puns, Timey Whimey goodness. This is Dragonfable at its finest.
Post #: 10
1/9/2019 14:56:09   
Vaalirus

I'd hand it to the weaver sagas, but if I were to go with something else than it probably be Blood and Roses. I have to agree with GammyCavy though because for me there are so many quest chains beyond the major ones that I still love a lot so it can be difficult choosing just one.
DF  Post #: 11
1/9/2019 17:42:56   
Divine Nexus

Personally, I'm fairly fond of the Fire War. It may not seem like much compared to some of the later storylines, but I'll always remember it because of one thing: it was our first real loss.

Sure we may have won the Fire War itself, but we lost the Fire Orb, we lost towns and villages, we lost Demento and we lost Konnan to madness. It was the first time where we just couldn't do enough, and the events of that war influenced the future more that a lot of other storylines did, such as Akriloth Jr. and Celestia's death, Konnan and his involvement with the Wargoth Saga, weakening the plane of fire so that Wargoth could spread his influence, and if the Hunt of Atgno quest is any indication, the Fire War is the reason a lot people joined the Rose.

For many questlines, we're dealing the pasts of our friends and/or the consequences of their actions and mistakes, such as Warlic and Tomix. But this saga, though it may not have been our fault exactly, the failure to stop Akriloth in time, to save Demento and to help Konnan, all these events tie back to the Hero and their actions and failure more than anyone else, making it one of the most personal sagas to me.

DF AQW  Post #: 12
1/9/2019 21:29:08   
ergotth
AQW Lore-titician

Oh the necropolis, I think that one earns a special place in my heart as well, it was as my first saga when I started to catch up with dragonfable and notice the pace and flow, plus I was just a mage with the light staff from Warlic's crystal cave quest, after that I got Necromancer and I was stunned seeing it levitated. yes, a class that levitates was the HIGHLIGHT of Dragonfable to me at that time xD
DF AQW  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Your favorite quest/questline?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition