Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Upcoming Retro Release

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Upcoming Retro Release
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/3/2019 0:12:21   
Ninjaty

quote:

can you bring back some or all of the sweet items they had during guardian swims?

Those items are sweet because they're not back.
Items shouldn't be brought back here; I imagine that either current or new items will simply have old art files put on them.
Post #: 51
2/3/2019 1:28:03   
Lord Noonien Soong

Rerelease Frostvals 2003-2013 with commemorative paintings on their tenth (looking at you 2009-2013) and twentieth (2003-2008) anniversaries that allow us to time travel back to them, just without their rare rewards to avoid controversy.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 52
2/3/2019 2:54:29   
Ninjaty

Actually, if we're getting a toggle for old sound effects, then surely old damage icons should have a toggle as well.
Post #: 53
2/3/2019 5:24:45   
BlazeBane

quote:

Those items are sweet because they're not back.

Sums up rare-collecting in a nutshell.

Many of the 2002 to 2006 era items are only desirable because of their unavailability.

If they are widely and freely available, I doubt many would be keen on the old art or outdated stats.
Post #: 54
2/3/2019 14:03:56   
Ninjaty

Some people like strong items, some people like rare items and some other people entirely might like something completely different. The point is not what we like or why we like it, but simply whether we like it or not. Power is something that means little to nothing for me, but if I happen to have a powerful rare, then yay for me.

I care about rares from that time because of their art and weak stats, as those represents what the game was like back in what I consider its golden age. This was back when the art was nice and simple, and items were adventurous and unique, rather than today where many items are just boring clones of each other with different elements and paintjobs.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 2/3/2019 14:20:09 >
Post #: 55
2/3/2019 16:17:07   
AliceShiki

Uhn... Care to share what was all this uniqueness you speak of? As far as I remember most old non-class armors were 100% bland and had 0 effects. Most effects you could see in a weapon were stuff like Poise and Raynar's Ultimate Blade, as everything was plain damage. Shield effects were basically non-existent and almost all spells were plain damage too save from some super rare exceptions like Scramble Ray... And nerfkitten and FGM were the only pets worth looking at because everything else did nothing if compared to them.

Dunno about you, but I see more creativity in the modern Frogzard Sword than in everything that was created between 2002-2007 added together... Well, not everything I guess, classes at the very least always had a fair amount of effort put into them~

Still, I dunno what's unique about 5 different Uber sets that did the exact same thing except having different elemental resistances and slightly different damage output. Rn we actually have stuff that actively does different things at least~
AQ  Post #: 56
2/3/2019 16:21:16   
Aura Knight

Speaking of the Frogzard Sword, I would like to have the older Frogzilla Form again. Looks nicer than this current one.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 57
2/3/2019 16:53:49   
Grimapocalypse

Old werewolf king , old werewolf everything. I much enjoyed the old graphics as its nostalgic of when I started as a kid. This remains the only game I've played from when I was young. I miss the old blade of awe, dragons, werewolf ect and the most important missing thing....the old aq home where you click under the fence and go into the hole.
AQ  Post #: 58
2/3/2019 23:28:39   
Ninjaty

@AliceShiki: The reply turned out much longer than I thought it would, so I sent it as a PM instead. I hope you don't mind.

I haven't been this excited for a release in a long time. I can hardly wait to see what we get.
This could well end up being the best release of the decade to me, in any game I play.

AdventureQuest was the reason I got my first computer, so I am insanely nostalgic about it. The old graphics of this game represented some of my first internet experiences and I have dreamed oh so many dreams of having them back. Now my dreams may actually end up real.

My avatar is actually pretty accurate in terms of what I am all about; old school AQ and Yu-Gi-Oh.

< Message edited by Ninjaty -- 2/3/2019 23:35:06 >
Post #: 59
2/4/2019 5:06:12   
ateras360

The original version of battleon to intract with
Og golden set and other ubers.
A bunch of old faces that haven't seen the light of day since the beginning being available again.
Old monsters/monster art but with updated stats

< Message edited by ateras360 -- 2/4/2019 5:36:38 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
2/4/2019 6:59:14   
seigneel

old safiria please
Post #: 61
2/5/2019 17:45:37   
Aura Knight

We need the older Eye of Naab art. That shield was perhaps the most used one back in the day.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 62
2/5/2019 21:50:18   
Ninjaty

One more thing, could we possibly have the old Werewolf monster as a house guard? An old monster that could transform you into a clone of itself; it was so great back in the day.
Post #: 63
2/6/2019 12:12:25   
Kay Oh

quote:

We need the older Eye of Naab art. That shield was perhaps the most used one back in the day.

Whoever abused eye of naab in mage robes, you the real OGs

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 64
2/6/2019 14:00:51   
Yozai

I would like to be able to fight the High Paladin again. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=20934888
AQ  Post #: 65
2/6/2019 14:03:01   
kreizett

Old guardian dragon art.
AQ  Post #: 66
2/10/2019 1:36:37   
GiddyPinata

I'll admit, I miss the old zards. Armor wise, miss the way the old werewolf, werepyre, and vampire armors looked. I mostly just miss the style of the old monsters, it had this iconic, "lunchbreak-sized RPG", interesting style. I find the newer monster art just looks kind of wack, or outpaced by time, compared to the original art.
AQ DF  Post #: 67
2/10/2019 7:29:20   
8xjesterx8

Almost forgot, the old frogzard hunter and big 100k.
Post #: 68
2/10/2019 12:50:08   
Kalle29

Old Carnax one-on-one battle
AQ  Post #: 69
2/10/2019 14:19:36   
Necromencer

I know it's not OLD old but I would like the original Armor of Awe. I miss that weird shine it had.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 70
2/10/2019 14:21:21   
s_venom

"old safiria please" +1.
Her old design was awesome (Her face looked better).
AQ DF  Post #: 71
2/10/2019 22:15:57   
battlesiege15

Could we get updated Chrono Blades? :o
AQ AQW  Post #: 72
2/11/2019 13:55:30   
Deaf of Destiny

Fairy God Mother
Post #: 73
2/13/2019 18:33:44   
Poopmagoop

Top 100 List for Adventurers !!!!!!!
Post #: 74
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= Upcoming Retro Release
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition