Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK! Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK! Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/11/2019 20:40:29   
Lineolata

Well, here's a stealth update. Beast build stuns got taken behind the shed. Boss boost now makes it effectively impossible to use any status rolls- and I'd like to remind people that this includes celerity from Shadowfeeder. They still work fine on ordinary monsters, but those honestly don't matter.

And, in fairness, it does solve the stunlock issue quite nicely, I just wish it didn't also affect things like beast builds using blind, elevuln, defloss, or the like.

< Message edited by Lineolata -- 2/11/2019 20:58:10 >
AQ DF  Post #: 101
2/11/2019 21:32:15   
Lord Markov

Guess it's time to bite the bullet and stop being a beast build for good. At least I have a couple of URs to sink into poelala. I will hate myself for it, but when everything just keeps changing against you I guess sooner or later you have to come to terms with it.

Also, RIP to everyone who bought Fiend of Light since that status will now be basically impossible to throw on any mob that actually matters. You have my condolences.

< Message edited by Lord Markov -- 2/11/2019 21:44:46 >
AQ  Post #: 102
2/11/2019 21:32:29   
poopbum

Might be easier to just get rid of status effects, so we won't obsess over checking out strategies that aren't pure damage nukes.

That would make game design a lot easier.

(only real ogs will get the reference :p)

EDIT: nvm it seems like Vstat has been raised to 250 at endgame, so it's a give and take thing

Question is, does this mean older items like Shadowfeeder pendant get updated to use 250 too at higher levels? Instead of 200 which makes no sense rn.

< Message edited by poopbum -- 2/11/2019 21:55:01 >
AQ  Post #: 103
2/11/2019 22:00:14   
Kirya

@Lineolata, I usually don't post anymore after making a point, but this needs to be said. Thanks to this new stealth update, the Chambered Eternity Love control effect (where it would matter) is pretty much useless.

The Void Spear of War in the golden giftbox rare shop (that is way easier of the two to get for harm damage) is no doubt the weapon you go for now, unless you already use another harm weapon or something.

Not only does the mastercraft (mc) negate 5% of the regular 10% penalty given to harm weapons, but the *1.08 multiplicative damage boost it gets for being no proc without costing sp too is really the icing on the cake if I do say so myself.

Even so, I will still use the Chambered Eternity Love (since it is my favorite weapon :3) from time to time, but I can no longer recommend this harm weapon for non defensive players anymore. :(
Post #: 104
2/11/2019 22:05:12   
Lineolata

Yeah, the nerf to statuses right after they put attractive-seeming status items in higher-tier GGBs does hurt. Gotta sympathize with anyone who went for it early on.
AQ DF  Post #: 105
2/12/2019 0:06:05   
Kurtz96

quote:

Well, here's a stealth update. Beast build stuns got taken behind the shed. Boss boost now makes it effectively impossible to use any status rolls- and I'd like to remind people that this includes celerity from Shadowfeeder. They still work fine on ordinary monsters, but those honestly don't matter.

I mean you can just use purple rain and keep trying with shadowfeeder and essence orb. Eventually you will get the double turns. And I'm pretty sure many items like shadowfeeder will be modified to use 250 soon.

In the beastmaster is dead thread it was mentioned that stats may get a rework next week so don't lose hope.

On the other hand, I am now glad I switched away from beastmaster to mage
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 106
2/12/2019 0:08:10   
Lineolata

Oh, I'm a poebrid, I don't personally have a stake in this. It's worth mentioning that purple rain is by default a +20 save and the only potence that can apply to it is Cracked Ornament- but on the bright side CHA's a rare stat to have.
AQ DF  Post #: 107
2/12/2019 0:12:48   
Kurtz96

Yeah but purple rain only has a cost of 51 SP which is fine. With the essence orb it will be fine.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 108
2/12/2019 1:20:20   
uncopyrightable

the frustrating part on this is that when an item(s) are released and is found out by players that these items are descent to use because of large damage do, later it will be nerfted...where is "being premium" of such item? given that real money has been spent just to get these items...sometimes what happens in here just not players friendly...just saying...peace
Post #: 109
2/12/2019 1:55:35   
Kurtz96

GGB are not premium items though. And no item ahs been nerfed. Gameplay has changed but we don't know the full extent of that yet.

If you are talking about Zealot's Wrath then I sort of agree with you but also realize that the weapon was overpowered.

Even nerfed Zealot's Wrath is still so good that I haven't been able to use any other light weapon even though so many cool ones have been made since then (other than for effects like arcane cutlass).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 110
2/12/2019 2:04:12   
Caecus

I may be in small company here but I like this change. Is this really that much of a nerf? It seems to me that it just means that in edge cases statuses will be easier to inflict for those that specialize to do so and harder for those that don't. Given the emphasis on pure builds that the stat updates have pushed, this seems to make sense.

If you're a beastmaster who wants to use effects you use Cha and Luk boosting items by default. Now you get the full benefit of them. Even against a boss boost monster my beastmage is having a breeze inflicting statuses using relatively standard gear for his build. Subrace boosts, stat drives from shields, and status weakness inflictions all just got buffed in my eyes. Now they no longer hit an arbitrary cap and effect based players see their efforts rewarded.

Sure it's not as easy for jacks of all trades to use effects on boss monsters but that strikes me as a good thing. Bosses should be challenging and you should need to play to your strengths to beat them. If every build can do everything well enough to beat a boss then build diversity hardly matters. If these changes truly limits which builds have the ability to use most effects on bosses than it actually adds meaningful choice to the game. I'm not saying that nuke builds shouldn't have the ability to have effects (or the inverse) but simply that every build should be meaningfully weaker at things that they aren't built for. Warriors shouldn't be as good at nuking as mages, specialized beastmasters should use effects better than everyone else but lack burst, warriors should out endure the other builds, etc. Against average mobs these changes won't make much difference and thus everyone remains viable; but at the extremes now there's one more viable niche.

Am I truly missing something here? Anyone against the change please shoot me your opinions, I'm open to discuss!
Post #: 111
2/12/2019 2:11:09   
vishal

I too like the change, but the contention here comes from the +60 boost many bosses(Mister Frostvalverse) get against all statuses. By removing the the +20 cap, inflicting statuses against them becomes very difficult.

But against normal enemies, this makes things easier if the player has appropriate stats(CHA/LUK).

So this is only a nerf against boss enemies.

Otherwise I think CHA becomes very important for normal Players if they want to inflict statuses, which was not the case before.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
2/12/2019 4:09:28   
CH4OT1C!

Not necessarily a bad update. Definitely came at the wrong time though,
Beast builds were already suffering, couldn't this change have come with the other parts of the update? To paraphrase, they just got thrown under the bus. Changing the obscene power of the stunlock nuke meta was inevitable, I just wish beast builds could have been fixed at the same time. Now there's no reason to become one (at least until subsequent updates).
AQ  Post #: 113
2/12/2019 4:17:38   
Xander_Raze

quote:

Beast build stuns got taken behind the shed. Boss boost now makes it effectively impossible to use any status rolls- and I'd like to remind people that this includes celerity from Shadowfeeder. They still work fine on ordinary monsters, but those honestly don't matter.

Does that mean I need to change my character's build and relocate CHA points?

(Character link under avatar)
AQ  Post #: 114
2/12/2019 4:25:12   
Cleric_Bukowski

does this mean fat and tacky santa is pretty much just a normal wind armor now? It used to be my favorite armor so OP when you can inflict control on a monster a few turns during the battle.
AQ  Post #: 115
2/12/2019 7:49:13   
J9408

It is still useful. I manage to get a couple controls on the Void Queen, I almost killed her before she used her imbue void attack. But I did have the Accordion Shield equipped.
Post #: 116
2/12/2019 10:01:14   
battlesiege15

Oh man, I really want an Kezeroth's armor too to go with the face.
AQ AQW  Post #: 117
2/12/2019 19:34:45   
ValentzHunter

Any news yet when the Bonebreaker Armor will be released?
Post #: 118
2/13/2019 3:02:36   
Deaf of Destiny

I do not feel so sorry. Bonebreaker armor is real terrible and no skills. which it is useless. not worth to buy it.
Post #: 119
2/13/2019 3:08:38   
Kay Oh

Bonebreaker is out. disappointing, copy/paste effect, wasted art. Can't say that I'm happy with this one, thought it'd be great with the wait. do save your box.
Weapon is common ggb no mc.

quote:

FO Darkness armour, Bonebreakers thrive on crushing weakened foes. MC effect is you deal +(5*2/3)% damage per each of the following statii on the foe: Blind, Ele Vuln, Def Loss, Choke. This is basically a clone of the effect of Moonchaser Rider from Frostval 2017.

Psst, it's 3 am and not many ppl would notice if you guys take it back for a rework

< Message edited by Kay Oh -- 2/13/2019 3:11:05 >
AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 120
2/13/2019 3:38:37   
Zeruphantom

Ironically Arm of the Dragonguard is pretty much the only truly meta item to come from these GGBs. Guaranteed LS which pairs insanely well with a multitude of items in the game (practically all nuke items as well as LS boosting items like Deploy Tree etc) and the turn cost can be avoided by celerity. In terms of overall DPT you are technically better off not using it but for certain scenarios it's a pretty great effect to have. Sadly the Fiend of Light armor got screwed over against bosses thanks to (or no thanks...) the status update, which ultimately affects the synergy it had with the Drakath Fiend armor from the weapon as well. I digress.

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 121
2/13/2019 3:56:16   
Cleric_Bukowski

looking back I shouldn't have bought 10k tokens for this. The only real good item out of all this was the darkness guest.
AQ  Post #: 122
2/13/2019 5:19:15   
Kazemii

Bonebreaker armour is very bad im dissapointed its a waste because it looks good and this thing is a ultra rare ggb. My opinion dont use a gift box on him
AQ  Post #: 123
2/13/2019 5:52:29   
I Overlord I

BBBA is seemingly a letdown, but it being a clone of BBZ would've also been a letdown (albeit in a different way), imo. Given that we already have SOOO many choices for a good Darkness armor (AoS, Terror, ESF, Decimator, PVF, Vampire [Subrace], just to name a few) that it would've inherently felt like a "waste" despite being a(nother) top contender. Other elements deserve some love, too *cough*, Earth, *cough*. :o

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."
AQ  Post #: 124
2/13/2019 6:01:41   
uncopyrightable

is it another part of "Changes"?releasing of items with good art but it is too weak and dumb to use? Hope this will discontinue and hope the armor will be repaired like the ultimate dragon scythe of elements...

< Message edited by uncopyrightable -- 2/13/2019 7:42:02 >
Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AQ= COMING THIS WEEK! Golden Giftbox Cross-Game Extravaganza
Page 5 of 6«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition