Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Field Commander 10% Bonus Crit Change

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> Field Commander 10% Bonus Crit Change
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2019 11:46:50   
NDB

The bonus chance on this is either clearly bugged (not working or not working as intended) or I am misinterpreting the effect. I interpret it as you get a flat 10% bonus (like the Mark of Azrael passive skill core) so if even if you have a 0% chance to crit in a battle, after putting on Field Commander your chance should increase to 10%. I noticed that the effect was bugged immediately, when it was first added to the skill a few months back but never bothered to bring it up because it was hard to objectively prove. But now that Feast of Flesh has been released with a similar effect that is likely also bugged, I think it should be looked into.

I have tested Field Commander probably hundreds of times now to confirm this. Here is just one example: https://youtu.be/bELww0BmGLE?t=252. If I counted correctly, in the video 31 attacks were made while Field Commander was on and not a single one crit. I have several more similar battles recorded from when I was trying to make this video and I don’t ever crit in any of them either.

< Message edited by NDB -- 2/26/2019 11:48:17 >
Epic  Post #: 1
2/28/2019 6:40:28   
TankMage

I'll test a little more since 10% is a relatively small margin but if you've tried 100's of time I'd also assume its bugged. Thanks for reporting will get it checked asap!
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
2/28/2019 13:14:29   
NDB

Thanks! But just FYI, the chance of not critting 31 times in a row when you should have a 10% chance is 0.9^31 = 3.8%.

However, I did some testing on my own and came up with an alternate hypothesis. I tested Feast of Flesh (against an opponent where my base crit chance was zero) at least 20 times using non-strike moves and I didn’t ever crit once, which made me think that it was also bugged. But then started striking and ended up critting a few times. Because my base crit chance was zero, this proved that the core works, but the fact that it crit far less than expected when using non-strike moves (zero times out of 20 or so attempts) and only ever worked on strike makes me believe that it only works on strikes. I suspect that this might actually be the case with Field Commander too, because in the video none of the 31 attacks were strikes.

I would also assume that the 20% hit bonus from Feast of Flesh only applies to strikes, though I haven't tested it. I do believe the 10% bonus crit ignore is working though and on any attack.

I'm not sure if this was intended or not, but if it was that's a shame because it greatly diminishes the usefulness of the skill/core... and it would probably be good to include it in the description.

< Message edited by NDB -- 2/28/2019 13:20:18 >
Epic  Post #: 3
3/1/2019 13:29:52   
8x

I wouldn't be surprised if they all worked with strikes only.
Epic  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Bugs >> Field Commander 10% Bonus Crit Change
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition