Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Major Gameplay tweaks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Major Gameplay tweaks
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/7/2019 12:06:22   
frostytree

Ok, maybe using the word major is a tad bit of an exaggeration, however playing this on mobile AND PC it just feels very clunky and a large part of that issue is the movement and camera controls

on a lot of games even older ones such as FFXI or WoW (granted they got updated/still get updated fairly regularly) but even back in the day in vanilla and opening day never once did i feel like i had to chose between moving and attacking because on both games the mouse is set up to where when your fighting if you strafe left the monster is in view the entire time, you cant walk through the monster if your locked on it as a target infact you cant walk through monsters period on FFXI if i recall unless their small and your on a mount of sorts.

now lets take a look at WoW as its combat system is A LOT closer to AQ3D, alright so you might be asking "well gee frost what do they have in common other than the fact their mmorpgs" well they have a lot in common combat wise, they both have prediction lines, boss/enemy casting bars, raid type mechanics that can insta wipe or severely wound a solo play or party, the graphic style is similar however over the years WoW did massive gfx overhauls and etc... to get to the cartoony goodness its at today, GFX wise AQ3D is comparable but still worse than vanilla WoW, which is fine, but the point of this post is about BATTLE MECHANICS/FEEL OF BATTLE

as many may know when your on WoW and fighting you do not use your arrow keys to move your camera as its highly inneficient and clunky especially in PvP it will get you killed unless you have some godly APM speed (actions per minute), most will opt in to use the mouse either holding down the right mouse button and moving or opting in to where the mouse moves, the camera moves.

so theres a few styles AE could adopt to solve the clunkyness of the camera.

1. make the camera face what your fighting same with your character thus making strafe a lot more reliable, especially in very tight situations like in the vampire castle after the werewolfs crash the wedding, the hallway that follows is a pain to keep track of the bosses moves, especially on mobile where you have to stop moving basically to fix the camera.

2. this is mainly a PC fix, fix the camera so when you move the mouse, the camera moves.

3. Right click method, while it does seem to be there even this method felt insanely clunky when i tried it out in an actual fight.

Quest/Monster levels

Ok, so this wont be an issue for you until around level 17-25 unless you attempt to solo the dricken boss at a low level like i did (heres a tip bring potions) but anyways at level 17 is when i finished ashfall 100% quest wise, i am now level 18 working on i believe darkovia part 2 since i can watch the part 1 cinematic (i could be wrong) and while a large portion of the quest once you get to the castle boosts you to level 30 with a stat boost to go with it once you get past the vampire wedding being crashed by werewolves it is GONE and there you are if your like me level 18 and having to kill things that are level 21/22 which lets be honest isnt that bad one at a time and if you have potions 2-3 or maybe 4 should not be an issue depending on class.

However for some classes this part of the quest line may be a huge issue at the end of the hallway especially for mobile users as the app has issues with enemies that are ridiculously large and sometimes has issues targeting them, i remember one of the times i died was because my game would not target the statue until i adjusted my camera, he also likes to AoE a lot so if your level 18 your going to be blasted by about 200-400 damage per AoE that you eat because you cant move in time or your only possible way to escape is going backwards but you cant swing around fast enough.

Fighting

lets take another look at fighting, so open beta started in 2015 or 2016 i believe cant fully remember, here we are in 2019 and the movement while fighting for forward back left right etc.... also feels a bit clunky and by clunky i mean what ive done for the past 10+ years on other mmorpgs to quickly turn around or something without use of camera doesnt work, i end up doing some sort of weird forward sideways twitch instead of doing a quick u-turn without pausing to get away from things.

TL;DR please fix the camera when in combat and maybe scale monsters down height wise just a tad so they can be clicked on or targeted easier on mobile without being far away or without having to adjust camera, maybe movement as well so we cant walk through what we are fighting or easier to spin around and face it/away from it on mobile.

these tweaks will benefit PvP as well as easier camera movement more time spent on fighting less on positioning

< Message edited by frostytree -- 3/7/2019 12:12:22 >
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest 3D] >> AdventureQuest 3D General Discussion >> Major Gameplay tweaks
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition