Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Chance of recovering from bleed?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Chance of recovering from bleed?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/7/2021 2:06:44   
roobee

What is the chance of a monster recovering from bleed? The Encyclopedia status condition entry just says to check the individual entry for chances. What individual entry? I've check monster entries and entries for items that inflict bleed. Neither mentioned chance of recovery.
Post #: 1
12/7/2021 7:26:24   
Sapphire

The individual entry means the chance to recover isnt universal, but rather coded into the "individual entry" for that specific bleed infliction.

X weapon inflicts bleed, chance is coded into the weapon's bleed inflict.
Y Spell inflicts bleed, chance is coded into the spell's bleed effect.

That said, I *think* most bleeds are coded to have an average of 2.33333 turns so probably looking at the math therein.
Post #: 2
12/7/2021 7:50:32   
Veleqwii_Fox

From Game Formulae

quote:

Status System Save Roll Formula

Major: (MajorInflictStatistic - MajorResistStatistic)/5, minimum -20, maximum +20
Level: (InflictLevelStatistic - ResistLevelStatistic)/2 (no cap)
Minor: (MinorInflictStatistic - MinorResistStatistic)/10, minimum -10, maximum +10
Additional Modifiers: (NetInflictModifiers - NetResistModifiers) (no cap)

Save Roll Difficulty = 51 + (Major + Level + Minor + Additional Modifiers)

Resist Status Roll = Random # Roll (1,100)

If Resist Status Roll < Save Roll Difficulty, the status condition is applied. Otherwise the status condition is not applied.

Example: Level 150 Porcelain Teapot (Plvl 153), Mage with 250 INT/DEX/LUK vs Level 150 mob with 250 END and 0 LUK

quote:

The monster can resist each with a save at a +0 bonus (inflict with END/LUK, resist with END/LUK on both).

Major (END vs END): (0 - 250) / 5 = -50, so minimum value of -20
Level: (153 - 150) / 2 = 1.5
Minor (LUK vs LUK): (250 - 0) / 10 = 25, so maximum value of +10
Additional Modifiers: +0 bonus

Save Roll Difficulty = 51 + (-20 + 1.5 + 10 + 0) = 42.5

Will apply/continue bleed if monster rolls < 42.5, otherwise will resist/recover

So 57.5% of recovering from the Bleed

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 12/7/2021 7:52:26 >
Post #: 3
12/7/2021 11:18:30   
roobee

I thought those rolls were for inflicting bleed. You are saying to use the same roll for inflicting as for recovering? That makes sense. Thanks.
Post #: 4
12/7/2021 18:31:06   
Legendary Ash

=Dev= Bugfix week: Part Deux updated status conditions that makes saves at the end of each turn to have a +2 bonus to the target after each failed save.
AQ  Post #: 5
12/9/2021 1:03:32   
roobee

What if you inflict bleed from multiple sources? And what if you used items that give you bleed potence when inflicting bleed, but you remove them by the time the monster is rolling for recovery?
Post #: 6
12/9/2021 5:59:52   
Veleqwii_Fox

I had the sort of the same question from before. Legendary Ash told me this

quote:

The Devs haven't provided any info about save stacking mechanisms for status conditions, it may keep track of the saves for each instance or the most recent application overwrites the earlier ones similar to how higher level damage statuses don't stack with lower level ones, but replace them.

As long as the status potence is present when the save is made on a turn, the status condition benefits from it.

< Message edited by Veleqwii_Fox -- 12/9/2021 6:02:25 >
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Chance of recovering from bleed?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition