Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: New Seraphim of Ver Armor + 2022 Crossover GGB Event

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: New Seraphim of Ver Armor + 2022 Crossover GGB Event
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2022 19:58:14   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hollow

There is a slight change with the Timekiller Crossbow, it has been named Timekeeper Crossbow and comes in both Energy and Ice versions.
Whoops, this was an error on my part. They're back to Timekiller.
AQ  Post #: 26
2/12/2022 21:14:45   
Sapphire

@Inferno

I kind of think the art switching shown in addition to the random element switching comes off more magicy than melee...y

I also would have LOVED it if it were a charisma weapon. Anyhow, another tidbit on the weapon in which I hope isn't a bug...The burn inflicts even if you cast a spell. Not based on weapon attack. That feature is very nice.

So, some of these items are very nice, others are more ...so so.

The Maker Touched Zweihander is nice IMO, especially if they keep the inflict upon spell-cast
Dodgelash misc
Dodgelash shield that does ice dodgelash PLUS can toggle for blind. Dodgelash is building it's repertoire!!!

The first pet and guest to inflict panic...FINALLY!

The quickcast hypercrit spell looks interesting but Im hesitant

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 2/12/2022 21:36:00 >
Post #: 27
2/12/2022 21:30:14   
RobynJoanne

That's absolutely a bug. Unless specified otherwise, weapon effects do not apply when one casts spells. Maker-Touched Zweihander and Moglin Fan do the same thing (this is also why it'd be an awful idea for the former to be a Cha weapon). They pay the exact same amount of Melee % to inflict the same power Prismatic Burn. This is also another piece of evidence of this being a bug; Moglin Fan does not inflict Prismatic Burn when one casts a spell.
Post #: 28
2/12/2022 21:37:14   
Sapphire

^Thanks

Edit-> Not saying this isnt a bug.

But moglin fan and this weapon are very different. Moglin fan changes elements per hit, this new weapon is per turn. Multi hit armors with moglin fan will get a different elem ent each hit, whereas with the new weapon it's the same element each hit.

Secondly, moglin fan's burn is spread out over 2 turns, thus, less damage and IMO makes it more unfavorable. This weapon it's rolled into 1 round, which I like better....at least for the test I'm running ATM

I still see the point of not making the new weapon charisma based, but I still think thematically it makes more sense for it being magic.

< Message edited by SapphireCatalyst2021 -- 2/12/2022 22:41:13 >
Post #: 29
2/13/2022 10:41:49   
GwenMay

New items are great! I appreciate the effort the AQ team put into this release. Here are my thoughts:

-First, thank you for listening to our feedback from last year's crossover! The GGB items are well spread throughout the common, rare, and UR ggb shops, so players of all budgets can enjoy this release. Also, no item is a functional copy of an existing item, and in fact they all have unique and varied effects! GGB items work best when they provide different ways of playing the game than f2p items provide in my opinion, and this release certainly meets that criteria.

-I also appreciate that there is nothing gamebreakingly good here like Prime Chaos Orb. Everything works well in its niche, but only its niche, and that's good design imo.

I tested all the new GGBs, so here are my individual item thoughts:

-Shadow Reaper of Destiny (UR) is an amazing melee weapon. The damage from the accuracy lean and the burn are great references to the original Shadow Reaper, and I can see this getting a lot of use as a weapon of choice for ele-locked warrior attacks.

-Summoning Stone (UR) is just, an excellent misc for the developing dodgelash build/playstyle. For those unfamiliar, that setup focuses on dodging and items that deal damage when you dodge. Summoning Stone grants extra blocking passively and toggles between being an excellent guest damage booster or dealing harm damage on block. My dodge character will get a lot of use out of this!

-Frost Titan Shield (rare) is also amazing for dodgelash! It's an ice shield that toggles between inflicting blind on block and dealing ice damage on block. That's a lot of utility for dodgelash builds, and everyone who plans on dodging should use this shield.

-Creature 72 pet/guest (UR) is great for beastmages using necromancer (and if you're a beastmage, you should be using necromancer!) Combining fear and panic into one pet/guest with a damage mode is a lot of utility for both bossing and normal gameplay. Also, they are just adorable!

-King Linus pet/guest (Rare) are insane. Together they reduce enemy damage to X0.173 for one turn if 100% resists and all hits hit. Also, again, absolutely adorable.

-Moglotron (rare) art is huge! Looks great. The burn mode is fun, but I don't see myself using the daze mode often; wish it had a damage mode, but I understand not giving it the triple compression like Creature 72 because it is only a rare ggb.

-Timekiller Crossbows (rare) are amazing as well. They're basically tomes for ranged characters that come preloaded with 4 charges. The 1.25x damage is nice, but the freeze/hypersalinate with guaranteed chance to attempt infliction and the -20 saves on enemies are what's really good. Plus, as someone who has Timekiller in DF, the charging mechanic makes it feel just like playing the class in DF!

-Timekiller's 3:10 (UR) is interesting. I think this is the first quickcast LUK booster SPell in the game, which makes it useful for any LUK build. Also, the hypercrit chance increase is very nice, and I appreciate that it stacks with multiple casts.

-Seraphim of Ver (UR) is something I am excited to test more. FD light armor, it comes with a quickcast 5 turn bth boost like New Year's Surprise, plus a powerful spell-like light nuke where you skip your attack to do an extra strong attack the next turn, which is very similar to Retribution in OverSoul. It's nice to have a powerful light nuke for FD classes to use, and having a bth booster in the armor slot is great too.

-Manifest Pride/Envy (both Ur) are interesting as well. I love the animations for the spells, very much like their DF attacks. They certainly provide a lot of effects in one cast, I'm just not sure when the situation will arrive where I need all those effects.

-Uragiri (common) is an excellent darkness weapon for budget players! In fact, it's the best damage darkness weapon without buying rares/UR ggbs, token items, or premium packages! If you just have guardian, I definitely recommend picking this up whenever you have a spare common from the monthly ggb.

-Maker-touched Zweihander (common) is also very impressive! Switches elements (and art) like the Guardian Blade, and pays damage to inflict prismatic burn! Basically a budget boreal weapon, I'm a big fan.

All-in-all, great release! Thanks guys, and I look forward to the next crossover in April!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 30
2/13/2022 20:09:21   
Sapphire

The summon stone misc is better than I imagined. IDK why, but I missed the guest boost toggle. This is fantastic. I am trying to figure out an easy way to dodgelash w/o training dex as a lucky beastmage if need be, and I refuse to give up luck. I just notice a massive difference in status infliction rates w/o it. I think I have found a good combo thats quick and will get me a total of 112+ blocking boost for unhittable gameplay so I can use this new misc if I wanna go dodgelash...or I can toggle for guest boost. Outstanding misc.

Creature 72- Given the things being done with panic eating, this duo is off the charts good. Already found some crazy powerful combos from just keeping monster damage to nothing to eating panic for nuking. The animation is super fast and there is no FPS lag. I love these guest/pets.

Zweihander- I like the weapon, but my hope is staff doesn't "fix" that it inflicts prism burn upon spell casting. I hope they make a design decision to leave it that way, even if it were to take a larger damage penalty to attack damage. This adds something unique that I feel would help separate it from moglin fan a bit.

Timekiller's 3:10- It can stack, but the better stacks come from arms of dragonguard, cast this, then arms again for 3 rounds @ 100% hypercrit. Works well with the shieldcakes also.

Frost Titan Head Shield- Better than titan shield

Didnt pick up anything else yet.

The manifest spells I think are kind of bad. Element empowerment is worse than ele vuln, and therefore the burn thats inflicted with one spell is unaffected by the other effect. If it had been Elevuln, would have been better. At the end of the day, I have found I don't like burns outside of Sol Neko. And even in Sol Neko, the Ele empowerment is less effective due to FD. The darkness version is anti-synergistic as can be.

The earth version is also anti-synergistic as can be. 10 defloss means you need the bth help, or you didnt train dexterity. The 12 blocking boost is more helpful if you *did* train dexterity. Maybe the outlook is "useful for a broad number of players" where one effect works for some but the other works for others, but UR??? I can make an argument these arn't even worthy of a RARE. Should have been a common considering you get low damage, and 2 anti-synergistic effects
Post #: 31
2/14/2022 4:27:14   
Kaizoku

I wholeheartedly echo Gwen's sentiment here, this is one of if not the best GGB event for me. So many items with new and interesting effects instead of just bland -zerker items. I might be slightly biased to see several of the items I requested make it in.
SRoD is all I hoped for, it represents its DF effect very well while having the flavorful berserker mode (reminds me somewhat of the old Unlucky Axe I used to try on an axe only build). Very flavorful and strong.
King Linus made it in and I couldn't be happier. Shrink was emulated in a good way, and I'm sure doubledipping on it is strong, I just don't like using same pet and guest. He looks awesome in action!
Creature 72 is another highlight with more access to Panic for the plethora of recent Panic synergy items. Not to mention just having THREE effects on a guest feels awesome when it's not a contract guest who needs me to hold their hand every turn...
Moglotron is a good option to have, I felt our choice of Earth guests could use more variety, and Burn is an excellent status.
I like Uragiri, but unfortunately I cannot use it due to sharing elements with SRoD. I hope it gets a lot of use with people who lack URs or promo items.
The Corrupted Spirit spells seem a bit niche, and I didn't feel strongly enough about either to spend a UR. Seeing as we are getting them individually, we may expect to see a few more in the next batch, if not a complete set? I am hoping for Wrath myself, that's my favorite.

All in all, excellent work on the Crossover GGBs this year, staff! I think this year has been off to a great start with the QoL, attention to equipment/build gaps and this.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 32
2/14/2022 10:16:14   
Deaf of Destiny

quote:

Out of curiosity, was wondering why Timekiller's 3:10 has no MP version. I mean looking at dragonguard has both variants. Just a personal thought.

it was MP, but the description said "skill" which they put wrong MP. so they changed it MP to SP. we have no MP on timekiller 3:10
Post #: 33
2/14/2022 14:24:19   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

*wiggles fingers* Abracadersion, there's now an MP version

(available through the UR shop or through upgrading the SP version)
AQ  Post #: 34
2/15/2022 1:10:54   
PD

Finally had a chance to try some of the items. Some of my cursory thoughts on the items I did get:

Uragiri: I actually love this weapon. Typically weapons only either offer increased BTH or damage, and never both. This provides both, and maybe some math wizard can confirm but I think MRM factored in this actually might be the best damaging weapon in the game due to its unique combination of +BTH and +Dmg.

SROD: Very versatile, and another nice variation of the Troll Club effect.

Linus Pet/Guest: Not a Beastmaster build but there's definitely a lot of utility to be had here. Maybe when the stat revamp comes I'll actually be able to leverage this.

Seraphim: Not a mage but again, pretty great armor, and I might just put it on one of my alternates since they lack gear in general.

Timekiller 3:10: Pretty neat, although the high SP cost will make it difficult to stack it with other items unless you're using SP items (which will get harder when we get that balance patch which should be happening any day now).

Timekiller Crossbows: I'm wondering, does the +25% damage stack with the inherent *1.1? If so the rapid fire skill potentially makes this one of the highest damaging 100-proc weapons in the game although it also requires a turn charge once you run out of stacks so there's that to consider. Also nice utility alongside the timekiller spell but again since both of these use turns they might not be as attractive (though it's still amazing in my opinion).

Frost Titan: Good for those whom missed past holidays. Compressing both effects in 1 will come quite in handy.

On the prizes in general: I think as some have said, that there was less a focus on the UR tier which is great. And of items in general there is a lot of burn effects that have been implemented (is this the year of Burn effects?) That aside I still think there needs to be a re-consideration of which items go into which. Hopefully and some day this will happen. When I have the chance I'll buy the other items and see what I feel.

< Message edited by PD -- 2/15/2022 3:11:08 >
Post #: 35
2/15/2022 4:13:33   
RobynJoanne

@PD
MRM is kind of a multiplicative boost since it raises your average damage regardless of other boosts. In that sense, Uragiri is technically the strongest weapon in the game. In the game's math terms, it's a *93.5/85 damage boost or a *1.1 boost. If you have no other additive boosts, technically, this is a (1+0.1)*1.1=1.21 or 21% damage boost, slightly higher than the Bloodblades and Axes of Zealotry. In a more practical sense, however, since most players already have sufficient BtH to reach 100% accuracy, more accuracy is just a wasted effect. Then, we have Hypercritical, which makes *1.5 LS damage weapons far more powerful than they otherwise would be. I think Zealot's Wrath is still on top, taking these into account since it has both a normal additive damage boost and a LS damage boost. Of course, the Arcane Cutlasses could be even stronger given how easily one can rely on solely spells, making their boosts even more substantial.

Seraphim of Ver is neither a spellcaster lean armor nor has any MP skills. I don't think it is particularly useful for Mages.

Timekiller Crossbows are *1.25 damage, which means they should stack with anything in the same way. AQ treats multiplcative boosts commutatively and at the end of the boost calculation. The Ice one still competes with Spacefarer, and the BtH lean means that the overall boost is not as high as you'd think. 1.2*85/95=~1.12.
Post #: 36
2/15/2022 12:12:30   
sunblaze

Awww I thought manifest prode was a guest summon. Too bad I kinda wasted that UR.
Well at least its fancy and a good spell.

Great job this year!
AQ  Post #: 37
2/17/2022 9:06:49   
Montchrist

Sorry if this has already been submitted somewhere else, but am I the only one experiencing a bug with the Timekiller Crossbows where you need to have 'over' 4 charges in order to use the freezing/paralyzing mode? Whenever I have just the 4 charges and click the button to use it, it displays the message "Not enough charges! 4/4", funny thing. I tried refreshing the browser cache just in case, with no results. Thanks in advance.

Fixed! ~Imry

< Message edited by In Media Res -- 2/21/2022 11:29:33 >
Post #: 38
2/23/2022 18:13:37   
.*. .*. .*.
Pfft hahaha!

Reading through all the great comments, it sure looks like very nice items, oh well I will have to decide what to get and mess up my main's inventory once again.
Post #: 39
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: New Seraphim of Ver Armor + 2022 Crossover GGB Event
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition