Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning player - untouched since mid 2019

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player - untouched since mid 2019
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/9/2023 3:19:56   
Didrik86

Character Link : https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=6777913
Level & Status : Guardian - cant see my level sadly
Build : Cant remember
Armor of Awe/UltraGuardian Element (If Applicable): Neutral
Level(s) of Items with Multiple Versions : Assume max level
Z-Tokens (If Applicable): Quite alot i believe from my Deren Mansion Estate interests

Notes : Thinking about returning to the game, but havnt touched it since mid 2019's..
I have alot of gear that was good back then, but I would believe a need a brush up :)

Kinda wish for a fuld review of my charractor so I know what to aim for :)

Thanks in advance !
AQ  Post #: 1
5/9/2023 4:38:43   
Stoic

Try this link.
Post #: 2
5/19/2023 8:33:14   
Didrik86

Hi didnt really worked for me :(

Can someone please guide me with a review so I kinda have a goal on each section:)
I would truely love that !
AQ  Post #: 3
5/19/2023 23:26:33   
Primate Murder

From what I can see, you're a lvl 150 FO mage.

The first thing I should note is that the stat cap was raised to 250; in addition, Dex was removed from magic weapon/spell accuracy, so it's no longer a must-have. As such, you'll want to max out your Int and Luck, and invest the remaining points into Cha, End, or a secondary MainStat for versatility.

Which one do you want to go for?
AQ DF  Post #: 4
5/20/2023 10:26:09   
Didrik86

Yeah sounds about right about that full offence mage build.

Ok so I will fix the stats.
Just to be clear, should I untrain all my dex and just pump it into int and luck?
Regarding the remaining poinst, which one would you prefer as a FO mage?

Whatever you think would be a better option, I will pick.
- And from what you would suggest, then what stuff do I need to fix regarding weap/armors etc?

Thanks in advance :)
AQ  Post #: 5
5/20/2023 23:46:09   
Primate Murder

Ok, let's see if I can help.

For a purely offensive playstyle, I would suggest 250 Int/Cha/Luck. Fully untrain Dex and End; thankfully, the process has been streamlined to just a few clicks.

Next, you'll want to finish the advanced Vampire quest. This unlocks a second no-drop armor Vampire Transformation, which is a pretty badass armor with a qc stun and an Evolved Form that pays sp+mp for increased damage and lifesteal.

Several of the classes have been revamped. The one you want most is Necromancer. It's a tier 3 class with 20+ skills including several nukes, resource regeneration, and a variety of status inflictions.

Sidenote: Necromancer title locks out the best Paladin skills, but if you ever find yourself fighting a really strong undead, title change takes just a few mouse clicks, so maybe it's worth leveling as well.

Weapons

For your no-drop element, I'd probably suggest using energy as it lacks exceptional shields and weapons. Also, don't forget to align your Awe special to PWD!

Arcane Cutlass of Combustion gives your Pyro Bloodmage nuke 30% extra damage. Actually, there's a variant for every element, so feel free to grab ones for water, earth, and dark, if you have the spare URs. If not, Blackbones and your Bloodblades could fill their place.

Keep Airenal's Lance for wind.

Your Mystic Blade of Frostval Past can give you one very powerful ice nuke.

If you get Lumenomancer Bloodmage, Retro Golden Axe is pretty good at healing your sp/mp. If you keep to WKZ, Alchemical Unity can stack some pretty nice blinds.

Armors

Pyromancer and Hydromancer Bloodmages remain pretty much unmatched after all these years.

Cryo and Terra Bloodmages are the strongest options, damage-wise, but both cost URs. Horo-Show is a good second choice for ice, and Fall Dryad is a spellcaster armor with a compressed autohit spell (great synergy with Grakma Warhorn's berserk!).

The new Infinite Dark Caster is another astonishing UR. It loses out somewhat in terms of pure damage, but its mp sustainability is through the roof; to be used with potency pet+guest if possible. Taladosian is a more f2p option.

Lumenomancer Bloodmage is, again, the armor with the strongest light nuke. WKZ is a close second, and Paladin is unmatched if you plan on fighting undead.

Necromancer for darkness, of course.

For your utility slot I would suggest Generalist's Robe, solely for use with Gandolphin.

Shields

Samukematsuri Buckler from your Vault restores a bit of sp each time you're hit. Grab Titan's Fall after you acquire Bun-Banneret pair for massive damage on block.

Celtic Wheel and Accordion are still the best in slot.

Defender of Frostval Past can come in useful if you're facing a monster nuke.

Your Darkovian Bulwark compresses earth/dark.

Scarab Shell has a toggle to lower monster MRM, boosting the accuracy of your spells and mosquito pet/guest.

Troposhield (token) is the closest thing we have to old standard CIT. It has substandard defences, but with each attack attempts to inflict ~43% EleVuln for earth, fire, and energy elements.

Spells

Poelala, of course.

Pridelord guest. It gives -18 Status Potency; with Spotter Drake (or another Pridelord) that's a whooping +30 to any status you attempt to inflict on the monster.

Mosquito guest deals minor damage, but recovers your hp/mp/sp based on damage dealt. The damage is minimal, but with two Mosquitoes you'll recover most of a standard spell's mp every turn.

Bun-Banneret gives you omni-elemental DefBoost. Unfortunately, it'll still be ~3 month before it returns to the Void, so for now use Spectral Chains until then to double up on your Blade of Frostval Past's EleVuln.

Purple Rain has been nerfed, but it's still a pretty useful thing for those battles you expect to last more than 1-2 turns.

Invincible Heart is a copy of an older Frostval Rare, and it gives you 99% damage resistance for 1 round (with several turns of cooldown). You basically cancel the monster for a round and do whatever you want.

Gandolphin (for use with Generalist Robes' Imbue Lore) gives you a little extra survivability.

Pets

Poelala and Lepre-Chan, of course.

Lust and Envy boost your LS rate for fire and earth attacks by 40%. That's 50% chance total of your attack being a Lucky Strike.

Mosquito and Bun-Banneret, pet clones of the guests mentioned above.

Spotter Drake gives -12 Status Potency.

Underwyrmling toggles to attack monster sp, which can come in really handy against certain bosses.

Miscs

Essence Orb, naturally.

Prime Chaos Orb. This is your first priority. It comes with a qc skill that scrambles monster resists, which means you effectively get your elecomp on all those armors for free!

Rejuvenating Necklace restores a bit of mp each time you cast a spell. You'll want to replace it with Z-finity Gauntlet of Mind (token) when it comes along for a qc 1/turn conversion of hp -> mp.

Grakma Warhorn gives you Berserk, which is pretty much the largest spell damage boost you can get. Use with Helm of FP's bth booster or Fall Dryad's autohit spell.

Helm of Frostval Past for a qc bth boost.

Shadowfeeder Pendant remains a highly useful misc, particularly in conjunction with Purple Rain.

Optico gives you another +10 Status Potency. (also a qc skill to boost your mosquito/underwyrmling pets, but make sure to use Helm's bth boost beforehand)

Summoning Stone is another item you'll want to get once you acquire Bun-Bannerets, as it gives MRM and deals noticeable Harm damage to the monster when you block.

Hope the info's useful, and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions!
AQ DF  Post #: 6
5/31/2023 11:30:41   
ming shuen

Hi @Primate Murder or anyone familiar with this. I have not played this game since 2018.

Regarding Mosquitos
What is the difference between Call Mosquito and Summon Mosquito? Normally, from what I understand,

1. The difference is between SP and MP upkeep.
2. Call Guests are typically for melee players, Summon are for magic players.

But . . . the point of the Mosquito is for MP Regen, and having MP Upkeep would thus be . . . odd? I would ideally look it up on the forums, but I can't find the entry.

Should I even get mosquitos? Or should I spend the 2 UR GGBs on something else? Was wondering since I do have Call Mana Bat and Fairy Godmothers as a pet.

Character Background
# Character Page. Level 150 FO Vampire Mage, with all 6x BloodMage Armours, 4x Burst Spells covering all 8 elements, 2x Poelalas. Sila's Staff + Celtic Wheel Shield & Miscs to boost me to 350 Int. 4x Bloodblades and various assorted weapons to smack the enemy to death when MP inevitably gets low. Vampire Transformation for darkness/wind compression and endless stuns. Necromancer as utility armour. No-drop equipment is wind.

## 250 Int / 250 Luk / 100 End / 150 Cha - Charisma becomes a respectable 300, with Miscs, Shield Toggles and Vamp/Neko Skills

### My Misc Overview
~Prime Chaos Orb for elemental scramble
~Winter Crown for on-demand SP, +50 Cha, 26.6% magic weapon boost, 10% spell boost and 50% wind damage reduction. Syncs well with vamp.
~Cyclops Eye for damage reduction to 0.6x.
~Warlic Oblivion Sphere for +50 Int, +50 Luk and MP Sealing.
~Rejunivating Necklace for MP
~Essence Orb for on-demand SP
~Shadowfeeder Misc for Celerity
~Mana Trap to harass enemies using mana

< Message edited by ming shuen -- 6/4/2023 7:03:23 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player - untouched since mid 2019
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition