Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=Elemental Championships 2023= OOC & Tournament Signups

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =Elemental Championships 2023= OOC & Tournament Signups
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/1/2023 0:00:11   
  Starflame13

Dawn curled across the sky, delicate tendrils of amber and rose heralding the new day. The first rays of sun bled across the horizon to chase away the smooth sable of the night. Currents of power stirred softly across Lore, snaking their way from every land and city to weave towards Bren. They whispered to the minds of all they passed; soft murmurs that quickened hearts and stirred blood. Greater and greater the flood of power grew, pulling at adventures near and far. Pulling at the desperate, the despairing, the brave. Pulling all to the eye of the storm.

At their source, Bren stirred, shuddered - then awoke. Citizens and strangers alike rallied at the call to join the festivities. Music wound its way through the streets, inns threw open their doors, shops set out their finest wares, and the city itself swung its gates wide to welcome the crowds now pouring into it. Young and old, rich and poor, families and friends and foes alike - all caught in the eddies of the building tempest.

Building until Bren could hold the power no longer. Building until the stones shook, the tension snapped, and even the most mundane could feel the pull of power as the Arena awoke once more.

Welcome, Esteemed Writers!

Welcome to the fighters and the mages, the heroes and the villains, the doers and the dreamers and everyone in between! Welcome, all that have assembled, to the 2023 Elemental Championships!
Come ready your wits, sharpen your swords, and join in the festivities as Bren prepares for the coming tournament!

Welcome, everyone! Pull up a chair, grab your pencils, and let’s get ready to role-play! I once again have the privilege of serving as the Director of the festivities this year, and I am extremely excited to see what everyone comes up with!

Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, on to the important information:

The Elemental Championships (ECs) are a combat-oriented, collaborative role-playing competition. In it, your characters are competing for the chance to earn a boon from the Elemental Lord that they represent. It takes place over two rounds of competition: the Paragon Phase, where competitors are randomly assigned to different arenas in order to demonstrate their skills, abilities, and dedication - and the Finals, where the top writer from each element is selected to compete in the Grand Arena for the crown of Champion.

ANYBODY on the AE forums, regardless of prior roleplaying experience, is welcome to participate in the ECs. To sign up, you will need to provide a character biography that passes both my inspection and includes the following general requirements:

quote:

Name / Title
Element
Age Range
Race (If non-human, provide near-human comparisons for general physical traits, senses, ease of injury, and any other relevant physiology)
Appearance (Height, build, hair, skin, clothes, etc.)
Equipment (Armor, Weapons, etc.)
Skills, Spells, & Special Abilities
Personality / Backstory (Optional)

You must select a single element for your character to represent from the following eight elements: Earth, Fire, Darkness, Energy, Wind, Ice, Light, & Water. The element you select must align with your character in some way - whether due to their abilities, personality, values, backstory, or any combination thereof. The initial lore for these elements is drawn from AQ Classic, but Bren and the Elemental Championships are not part of any single AE game. While you do not need your character to fit within a specific AE game, their race/abilities/equipment should all be something that would not be unusual to see in one of them.

Any action performed in the tournament itself, including but not limited to spells, special attacks, and magical abilities, must have a reference in your biography. I will be reading (and judging) the submitted bios, and there will be consequences for those who attempt to pull off actions in the arena that I was not aware of prior. It is off of this list of abilities, skills, and so forth that your character will be balanced and admitted to the tournament. If you are new to balancing, I recommend checking out the Balancing 101 Guide , or bios from prior years.

Applications will be open until 11:59 PM (EDT - or AE Server Time) on Saturday, July 21st. Any bios still under review will then have 24 hours, or until 11:59 PM on Sunday, July 22nd, to get their characters approved. Once submissions have completely closed, I will reveal the Paragon Arenas that will be utilized this year, and randomly assign participants to each arena. Voting on the musical themes of this year’s arenas will be open for one more week!

If your initial submission is not approved, you have until submissions are locked to either re-submit an updated application using Director feedback in a new post, or submit an entirely new character. To assist with re-submissions, characters not approved will be given an explanation why, and further clarification may be requested as needed. Do NOT edit your bio after posting without my permission, as I must be able to trust that what I receive does not change after balancing or approval. Editing a bio without my express permission will result in the disqualification of that character, and you will need to submit an entirely new one to participate in this year's event.

I repeat, do NOT edit your bio after posting without my permission.

One more time for those in the back: DO NOT EDIT your bio after posting without my permission.

When revising bios after director feedback, you must submit an entirely new post containing the updated bio.

The preliminary round, or Paragon Phase, will begin on Sunday, July 23rd and last for approximately three weeks. Currently, the period is expected to end at 11:59 PM EDT on Sunday, August 13th, but I will keep everyone posted if that changes.

At the end of the Paragon Phase, one finalist from each element will be selected to move on. It usually takes at least a day to process decisions and get the Finals thread ready. Anticipated start date of the Finals will be Monday, August 8th. More information on the Finals will be released when they are closer.

Now, the Official Rules:

All normal RP Boards Rules will apply. In particular, please read and be aware of the definitions of Bunnying, God-Modding, and Meta-Gaming - all of which can result in penalties up to disqualification. Violators of the standard rules will be immolated, electrocuted, drowned, and pulverized. Survivors will be undone at an atomic level. Lists are kept of violators, and depending on severity, you may be barred from future participation. In addition, by participating in this Elemental Championships, you recognize my role as Director and my say as final.

1. Characters must engage in combat.
This is a combat RP event. Your character must be willing and able to initiate and take part in combat.

2. Do not use cross-element powers.
This is the Elemental Championship. Your character is competing for the favor of a single Elemental Lord in the preliminaries, and against the chosen of the other elemental Paragons in the Finals for the reward of a boon from your Lord. No Lord will choose as their representative someone who cannot win upon the strength of their element alone.

3. You must post regularly.
Consistent activity is required. Please do not enter the tournament if you are not committed to remaining active for the full duration. During the preliminaries, any competitor who does not post at least once every 4 days (counted from the time of your last post) will automatically be disqualified. Your character will then be considered free for the slaughter - any other character in the arena will be allowed to kill him/her/them/it. You are allowed to request up to 36 hours in extension, in 12 or 24 hour increments (so, either one 24 hour extension and one 12 hour extension, or three 12 hour extensions). Make extension requests via a forum post in your Arena’s OOC thread. In the case of emergencies that prevent posting, please reach out to me directly as soon as possible.

4. Do not edit your posts or your bios once they have been submitted.
You may only edit your posts or your bios with the express written permission of me, myself, and I. Editing of bios or of posts without foreknowledge creates the suspicion of foul play. Proofread and double-check formatting prior to posting, and live with any errors you might have made once a post is submitted.

5. Each entrant is allowed one and only one character.
You may not enter in pairs, squads, platoons, battalions, armies, or swarms.

6. Death has Consequences.
Characters who die in the Elemental Championships are dead in the AE RP forums. This is a Canon event with regards to normal RP Board rules. Characters who die during the Paragon Phase are still eligible to be chosen as Finalists, but this is the only free pass to revival. Dying in the Finals is permanent.

7. Have fun!
All these rules and regulations may seem daunting, but while this is a tournament and a competition, the entire objective is to have some fun. We all like to win, sure, but try to enjoy yourselves along the way!

The penalty for failing to follow the rules may result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. Failure to comply with the direction of the Director may also result in immediate disqualification from the tournament. While discussion of a ruling may be allowed, as has been stated prior, I have the final say.

General Information and Tips:
On Collaboration: Though this is a competition, collaboration is both useful and necessary. Your character is in combat with other characters, but you are not in combat with the other players. If you are attacking another character, involving yourself in someone else’s duel, or performing some other action that will impact other writers’ plans, they should be made aware of your intentions prior to your posting. This is especially true given the tight time limits of the ECs, as surprise posts and encroaching deadlines do not make for an enjoyable writing environment and can result in emergency extensions and confusing situations.

I urge you to discuss combat and options with your fellow contestants. You are free to make collaborative posts and elaborate battle sequences. Often such collaboration is what enables your characters and writing abilities to truly shine. OOC threads will be provided for each arena for the express purpose of communication with your fellow contestants and with us, and please keep records of any collaboration discussions held in PMs, as they may be requested depending on how close the competition is!

On Communication: The notification system of PMs for the AE Forums is currently down. If you are collaborating with someone via the forums, please either use the public OOC threads, or be sure to check your inbox regularly. Additionally, you may make use of the AEF RP Discord Server. All AEF Rules apply to this server. This server is a privilege, not a right. If you do not follow the AEF rules or are disrespectful to others in the server, you will be banned, and you will need to rely on the forums for communication. The Discord server may be found here.

If you need to reach me directly, you can do so via PM, posting in the OOC threads, or using Discord. I do ask that any formal extension requests be posted in the appropriate OOC threads for documentation purposes.

On Drafting: When writing your initial post, it is strongly encouraged to do this in any word processor that is NOT the forums. It has been known for the forums to log people out while they are drafting, which can result in losing an entire post when you go to finally submit it. Many people utilize Google Docs or similar so that they can share drafts in advance with others in their arenas, either to get extra eyes for editing or to confirm actions with other writers.

List of Accepted Entrants by Element

Earth [2]
Elodie, Servant of Durando, created by Dragonknight315!
Hetritch Felgo, created by markthematey!

Fire [4]
Malgerius, Phare du Péché, created by Necro-Knight!
Meng Chiyi, created by ChaosRipjaw!
Evergreen Seedsower, created by Riprose123! Withdrawn
Devon Loake, created by Kooroo!

Darkness [3]
Eruth, Keeper of the Lost, created by roseleaf320!
Sterling, created by Ronin Of Dreams!
Parralia Anita, created by Oddball!

Energy [2]
Tara Kazkegrial, created by nield!
Ezkeraz, created by TripleChaos!

Wind [3]
Queen Lyre, created by Chewy905!
Vosta ver Vostadteir, created by Apocalypse!
Ryan, created by JhyShy!

Ice [1]
Kastug, Warrior of the Northlands, created by Dronier Ravelin!

Light [1]
Mooth, Cryptid of the Forest, created by DaiTigris!

Water [1]
Bjhonkcioucles, the Goose, created by deathlord45!

Master List of Accepted Characters
Total: 17
Queen Lyre, created by Chewy905, fighting for Wind!
Elodie, Servant of Durando, created by Dragonknight315, fighting for Earth!
Malgerius, Phare du Péché, created by Necro-Knight, fighting for Fire!
Vosta ver Vostadteir, created by Apocalypse, fighting for Wind!
Eruth, Keeper of the Lost, created by roseleaf320, fighting for Darkness!
Meng Chiyi, created by ChaosRipjaw, fighting for Fire!
Tara Kazkegrial, created by nield, fighting for Energy!
Kastug, Warrior of the Northlands, created by Dronier Ravelin, fighting for Ice!
Ezkeraz, created by TripleChaos, fighting for Energy!
Bjhonkcioucles, the Goose, created by deathlord45, fighting for Water!
Hetritch Felgo, created by markthematey, fighting for Earth!
Sterling, created by Ronin Of Dreams, fighting for Darkness!
Ryan, created by JhyShy, fighting for Wind!
Parralia Anita, created by Oddball, fighting for Darkness!
Mooth, Cryptid of the Forest, created by DaiTigris, fighting for Light!
Devon Loake, created by Kooroo, fighting for Fire!

Rosters by Arena

Sky Arena
Parralia Anita, created by Oddball!
Malgerius, Phare du Péché, created by Necro-Knight!
Devon Loake, created by Kooroo!
Kastug, Warrior of the Northlands, created by Dronier Ravelin!
Vosta ver Vostadteir, created by Apocalypse!
Queen Lyre, created by Chewy905!

Spike Arena
Ezkeraz, created by TripleChaos!
Eruth, Keeper of the Lost, created by roseleaf320!
Mooth, Cryptid of the Forest, created by DaiTigris!
Tara Kazkegrial, created by nield!
Hetritch Felgo, created by markthematey!

Twilight Arena
Ryan, created by JhyShy!
Bjhonkcioucles, the Goose, created by deathlord45!
Elodie, Servant of Durando, created by Dragonknight315!
Meng Chiyi, created by ChaosRipjaw!
Sterling, created by Ronin Of Dreams!

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/29/2023 11:52:49 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
7/1/2023 9:36:01   
Dragonknight315

“When the world ends and all else fails, you can stand on your own two feet Elodie.”

Name: Elodie, Servant of Durando
Element: Earth
Race: Human

Appearance:---

In a place of spellslingers, mercenaries, and monsters, one would be hard pressed to find a humble maid. But for Elodie, her work takes her to the battlefield.

Elodie stands around 5 feet, 6 inches in height. Her skin is pale like ice, without blemish. Eloidie’s silvery-gray hair falls perfectly straight in all directions, stopping just barely above the shoulders. Her eyes are like a kaleidoscope, their colors changing across the entire spectrum as they catch the light.

For her attire, Elodie wears a set of well-maintained maid clothes. She wears a black dress with long sleeves. At the end of her sleeves are large, white french cuffs adorned with opalescent cufflinks. Peeking from underneath is a pair of black leather gloves that reach to her elbows. Moving down, her black dress descends into a skirt. The left half of it stops right above her knee while it tapers on her right side down towards the ground. On top of her shirt is a simple white apron with frills and ruffles. When tied it forms an oversized bow on her back. Elodie’s legs are covered with white stockings and a pair of plain dress shoes. Lastly, several leather straps and belts are wrapped across her body, running from Elodie’s shoulders and across her waist.

Complementing her servant-wear, Elodie is afforded some personal accessories. She dons a simple black headband that runs across her silver hair. Draped across her shoulders is something between a shawl and a cape– a single piece of black, heavy fabric that covers her shoulders and is held together by a metal chain around her collar. It is embroidered with a silver trim. Lastly, Elodie wears a special necklace that peeks from under her cape– a 2 inch by 2 inch cube made of an unknown metal.

All together, Elodie’s clothes leave not an inch of her skin visible save for face. Thus, Elodie’s true frame is hidden from sight. She is lean but incredibly muscular, putting her strength and flexibility above the average human.

As a final note, Elodie constantly wears a special perfume. Otherwise ordinary and neutral, it masks the smell of ozone that clings to her clothes.

Equipment:---

Servant’s Attire: As the personal servant, assistant, and bodyguard of an elderly warlock, Elodie has elected to don her work clothes for the Elemental Championships. One may assume that a maid outfit (and by extension Elodie) would be unfitting for a fighting competition. Such assumptions would be to her advantage however. To Elodie, her otherwise ordinary maid clothes are a core part of her identity. As such, Elodie can use her clothes as a conduit for her unique abilities. Similarly, the metallic cube around her neck holds no special properties as far as Elodie knows, yet its mere presence acts as a focusing agent for Elodie.

The obvious limitations of her clothing are not lost on the servant, however. Elodie has made several adjustments to her maid outfit to better suit her line of work. For extra defense, Elodie’s clothes are padded with a thin layer of fabric. Several black leather straps and belts run across Elodie's body, providing support for her frame. A few pouches are attached to these straps; over a dozen additionally hidden pockets are scattered across her clothes. Across the total of these, Elodie carries a large supply of mundane daggers and tiny caltrops. Hidden in one of them is a bottle of perfume to mask her scent.

“Cleaning” tools: Almost every part of Elodie’s clothing has some hidden lethality.

In addition to the numerous daggers on her form, Elodie wears a set of black metal bracers underneath her sleeves. These bracers are locked onto her arms. On their own, the bracers provide another layer of defense for Elodie, but they also have an offensive purpose. Attached to each is a compartment with a hidden blade. When fully extended, the double-edged blade is around a foot in length (able to peek out from her loose sleeves). When not extended, the blades are locked in place until engaged. On close inspection, there appears to be no mechanism to actually engage the blades; Elodie can use her psychic powers to extend or retract the blades at will. Both the bracers and the blades are made of ordinary steel that has been coated in a thin layer of silver.

The soles of her dress shoes house another set of hidden blades. Functionally identical, the only difference is their understandably shorter length, around 3 inches. When extended, they stick out at the front of her shoes.

Finally, Elodie can use her own headband as a makeshift weapon. While appearing normal from the front side, the rear edge is serrated, and its ends taper into sharp points.

Abilities:---

Lucid Mind: As far back as she could remember, Elodie has served and was tutored by her master Durando. After two decades of diligent practice, Elodie has developed into an adept Psionicist. Her powers seemingly divorced from traditional magic, Elodie is able to shape and bend the world around her using only her awakened mind. While the potential effects are numerous and powerful, there are very clear restraints to her psychic abilities. In the scheme of things, Elodie is far from a master.

First, using her powers as a Psionicist is physically and mentally taxing. Even the most mundane of feats that may appear effortless requires no small amount of work on Elodie’s part. Use of her psionics requires some kind of accompanying gesture, and it drains her stamina. Similarly, it requires concentrated focus from Elodie.
The larger, more pronounced, or more reality-defying the effect, the more strain is put on her Elodie. Prolong use of her abilities can result in heavy fatigue and hallucinations that grow worse as Elodie pushes herself.

Second, for all of her abilities, Elodie has a maximum sphere of influence around 15 feet centered on her. The farther away, the harder it becomes for Elodie to focus her powers, limiting her full effectiveness to close range. Outside of this 15ft range, her powers are diminished entirely. Furthermore, while Elodie does not require direct line of sight to influence her surroundings (merely a vague awareness of its existence), anything outside her immediate vision requires additional effort. The more knowledgeable and certain she is of something's location and details, the easier it is for Elodie to visualize controlling it (becoming less taxing in the process).

Lastly, Elodie cannot have more than one type of psychic power active at the same time. She requires a brief moment to clear and adjust her mind (around six seconds) before she can use a different type of power. Elodie can produce and maintain multiple instances of the same type of power, but each additional instance requires exponentially more effort as her attention is increasingly divided. Manipulating multiple small objects with Eldritch Grasp or placing them in stasis with Zero Frame would require just as much effort if not potentially more than affecting a single large object. And if a combatant is able to put up some form of resistance or defense (for example, their own physical or magical abilities or a special object), then Elodie’s powers can be diminished. The exact nature varies depending on the circumstances, but this can result in her abilities requiring more effort to overcome her target (risking her mind and body falling apart) to not working at all.

•Inertial Override: Elodie can use her control over reality to perform feats otherwise thought of as impossible. These feats are comparable to the supernatural talents seen in those of monastic or ascetic legends. Such feats include running up vertical walls, balancing on thin objects, seeing in pitch darkness, shrugging off blows to the body, etc. Generally, these abilities are intended only for short bursts. Maintaining these reality-defying feats for longer than six seconds would require an increasing amount of effort and energy.

•River of Thoughts: Perhaps the least developed of her psychic abilities, Elodie possesses a limited form of telepathy. In effect, River of Thoughts is always active, granting her something akin to a danger sense by subconsciously picking up on anything within her sphere of influence (though this is dimmed while other abilities are active). However, Elodie can direct her focus onto a single person. Under normal circumstances, the most Elodie could glean would be surface thoughts or emotional states. She can probe deeper, but it is prohibitively difficult for Elodie. It would require her undivided attention over a long span of time, rendering it unfit for combat purposes. (NOTE: any thoughts acquired by River of Thoughts is highly defendant on the individual circumstances.)

While she can use it to gather information, Elodie can also use River of Thoughts to speak to others. A willing recipient or a target unable to reject her influence would hear Elodie speak in their own mind, her voice often overpowering their own thoughts. While they technically can’t speak back to Elodie, she can form a response based on their thoughts.

As part of the nature of River of Thoughts, Elodie connects her mind to other individuals. However, this presents a potential vulnerability for Elodie. If she connects to a target that possesses similar mental abilities, she would be more exposed, and they can potentially turn the tables on Elodie with greater ease.

•Eldritch Grasp: In contrast to River of Thoughts, Eldritch Grasp is the most refined and preferred of Elodie’s psychic gifts. Elodie is able to physically move physical objects in the real world through visualization. (non-physical or no-mass objects such as a conjured fireball are unable to be influenced with (Eldritch Grasp.) Generally, the more massive, distant, or faster moving the target is, the more effort required to affect it and the less control Elodie can muster over it. She could easily spin and redirect a small dagger in her immediate presence, but the same dagger would seem far more unwieldy to Elodie on the edge of her 15ft sphere of influence. For heavier objects, the maximum amount of weight Elodie could lift at once would be around approximately 300 pounds, but this would require the object to be right next to Elodie, and it would require her undivided attention. Furthermore, if a large object is motion, Elodie would need to work with its existing inertia.

Elodie is unable to use Eldritch Grasp to affect individual objects/entities that are being held/worn/attached to another being or object (their influences seen as one whole unit) with the notable exception of her hidden blades. However, Elodie IS able to affect organic matter with Eldritch Grasp. However, her control is more limited. First and foremost, affecting organic matter adds a delay to her telekinesis. The target would feel some kind of alien force come over them and enter their mind. If they are unable to counteract this presence through force of will or another ability, then they would be subject to Elodie's control. She cannot affect an individual part of a living creature (for example, a specific organ on account of it being part of a larger whole). Furthermore, regardless of the target's size, Elodie can only exert control of a living creature for a brief moment. (For example, she couldn’t levitate someone and hold them into the air, but she could psychically shove them into a direction).

When Elodie releases a large object or a target she has limited control over, said target will simply fall to the ground or continue with its existing inertia. However, Elodie can shift the momentum of a smaller object, tossing it in a direction of her choosing with the same force as if she threw it herself.

•Zero Frame: By physically touching an object, Elodie can place said object under a form of stasis. Elodie’s clothes act as an extension of her body and do not impede her ability to use Zero Frame. Once successfully activated, if the object is currently in motion, the object will begin to rapidly decelerate over a few seconds before coming to a complete stop (with larger objects requiring more time) At this point, the object is frozen in place. For those without magical means or superhuman strength, the object may appear to be immovable. The object will remain in stasis for as long as Elodie is touching it plus an additional six seconds. Once the six seconds have elapsed, the object will immediately return to its previous state, regaining any former velocity and inertia lost. Zero Frame is unable to affect living matter or any inorganic object that for one reason or another possesses a spirit or sentience. Furthermore, while Elodie can place objects held by an individual into stasis with Zero Frame, she is unavailable to affect an object if it is worn by someone or attached to another object.

A Maid’s Cold Courtesy: For Elodie to reach her full potential as a bodyguard and Psionicist, she cannot let her mind and body impede her. As such, Elodie has trained both to peak human capabilities. From the tiniest stain on a handkerchief to the gap in an unwanted guest’s armor, Durando’s servant has an impeccable eye for detail. Furthermore, her eclectic master has given Elodie a voracious appetite for knowledge and the means to sate it. From medical and alchemical concoctions, to martial arts and swordplay, to animal handling and dance– there are few subjects Elodie does not possess a basic knowledge of.

When it comes to raw physical abilities, Elodie is above average in strength and flexibility, but her most defining feature is her acrobatic skill. From somersaults to handstands and more, Elodie turns combat into a performance as she gracefully strikes at her opponents, especially when augmented by psionics. When combined with her mental acuity, it would be difficult for someone to corner or surprise Elodie. However, her obsessive approach to gathering information can be just as much of a curse as a blessing. A lack of faith and clarity is lethal to Elodie; should sufficient false information be placed, then the servant’s physic powers and well-maintained nature can crumble.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 2
7/1/2023 19:56:22   
Necro-Knight

Name: Malgerius, Phare du Péché
Element: Fire
Height: 6’

Originally mortal, Malgerius was born into a life of serving the Light. Strict regimen, daily hymns to its grace, an unbreakable agenda against all things unholy and corrupt. Like a blacksmith shaping steel, the free man that Malgerius could’ve been was forged into a stalwart shield against the enemies of purity.

While he let the preachings of the Light guide his mace, the Paladin never let them blind him. Humans are sinful, warped creatures, easily tempted to drown the sorrow and despair of daily life in depravity. He did not fault them. He did not blame them. Instead, he sought to cleanse the corruption at its source, rather than try to treat its symptoms.

Years of service turned into decades and a reality began to sink into Malgerius’ bones like a rot. Knights, Paladins and Squires rose and fell in service to holy decrees that came not from holy mouths, but from those of mortal men. Men who had never made the same sacrifice as so many young men, their dying breaths praising a Light that seemed content to watch them fall in its name. The faith, while unwavering, was also uncaring.

Despite this truth, Malgerius’ mission of saving humanity from a life in shackles was unshaken. He fought, bled and finally fell in the name of a Light that did not answer his cries, that had thrust a singular existence upon him and bore no fruit now at the end of his service. While his voice was choked with blood, the broken man’s soul roared out, thrashed against the death that closed in around it. Echoing, savage and raw, his cries were not lost to oblivion.

Risen from the blood and smoke around him, a winged matron of corruption whispered in a cooing, smooth tone that he need not simply become meat for carrions like the others. His holy mission of freeing humanity could continue, not from the corruption and sins that were natural of all living things, but from the golden chains the Light insisted on smothering a gloriously wicked existence with.

The Paladin’s choice was coughed from lungs full of blood and a heart full of raw hunger. A hunger to live, to experience a life unburdened and a hunger to share the truth of existence with the rest of his flock.

Forging a pact of flame and sin, Malgerius was reborn.

Appearance: Garbed in high-gothic armor of dark, smoky gray, each plate features grotesque warpings of a bone-like style and is strapped over a scorched layer of dark leather. The armor covers each surface that would be facing a foe, including the front torso, arms and legs, while the rear of each limb is primarily dark leather. The edges of each plate flickers and glows as if fresh off a blacksmith’s anvil, though the metal generates no heat to the touch. Pauldrons of gaping, horned skulls rest on broad shoulders and a blazing light glows from within their eye sockets.
A black hood of chainmail laid over the same leather as his armor rests over a head of black hair and ember-like eyes. A finely trimmed goatee of black is a stark contrast to the pale skin of his visage, his complexion resembling the color of ash from a bonfire. Despite the lack of color, the skin of his face appears full of health rather than gaunt as the paleness would suggest.

Black gauntlets that cover the entirety of his hands spiked claws, their tips glowing with the same heatless orange flicker the rest of the obsidian plating does. The armor of his legs end in a triangular plate covering the toe of each boot, should the need for a stabbing kick arise.

Equipment:

The Sinful Balefire Mace: A two-handed mace reaching five feet in length and featuring a heavy skull roughly 1.5 feet in width upon its top. The top of the cranium is shattered and an infernal fire blazes from where the brain would normally sit, keeping the head of the weapon at a consistently burning temperature. Aside from the dark leather around the grip of the weapon, the entire bludgeoning tool is cast in black steel, doing away with any aesthetic touches such as jewels or engravings. A four-inch spike is fastened to the base of the tool.

Hellforged Armor:
Forged from the same infernal iron as his mace, the glowing plates are highly resistant to piercing and slashing attacks, while featuring less protection versus blunt force. The leather beneath is moderately resistant to the slicing attacks of sharp edges, while less so to direct piercing attacks from an arrow or spear. Blessed by infernals of high status, the layered plating is greatly resistant to fire and shadow magic, while lacking any true resistance to other elements and a weakness to the degrading holy power of Light magic.

Abilities:

Soulfire Kindling: Part of his pact with his matron and the key to Malgerius’ new unholy power, the Beacon of Sin burns parts of his humanity for each spell in his infernal arsenal, dedicating varying sizes of himself to the demonic being whose blessing he is inciting. This resource must be managed and allowed to recover or the Paladin risks losing himself entirely, becoming maddened and wild without any trace of humanity to anchor him to reality.

Infernal Might: Malgerius’ strength is equal to that of three knights in their prime, allowing him to swing the Sinful Balefire in one hand with ease and resist the breaking of bones. Despite this, his flesh is no more resistant to bladed wounds than that of any mortal man should it pass his armor. This might also grants the Holy Sinner a great resistance to fire and extreme temperatures.

Blazing Grasp: Empowering his gauntlets with a blessing of infernal fire for only a small fragment of his soul, the claw on each finger glows a golden hot, allowing Malgerius’ grip to scorch flesh and burn through rudimentary non-plate armor. While the claws are sharp, this empowerment does not allow them to pierce plate armor in any way, though they can still superheat anything in their grasp for the duration. Lasting for around four minutes, the Paladin knows better than to start risking even his empowered armor’s limits and allows his claws to cool for a time.

Hellwave: Swinging the Sinful Balefire down and empowering it with a small portion of his soul, Malgerius slams the mace-head of his weapon on the ground, unleashing a three-foot wide, four-feet-tall wave of fire towards his enemy. Reaching a distance of roughly 25 feet in about 20 seconds before dissipating, the Hellwave consumes the flames within the Paladin’s mace, needing a moderate amount of time to rekindle before being used again.

Forbidden Flail: Requiring a moderate portion of the Paladin’s soul burned in sacrifice, the Forbidden Flail blessing empowers the Sinful Balefire mace to allow the skull mace-head to extend upon a blazing chain reaching out to a maximum of 15 feet. Using the mace’s own infernal flame to fuel the spell along with his soul, the enchantment lasts for roughly a minute before returning the weapon to its original form and needing a moderate amount of time to rekindle before being used again.

Soulburning Gaze: Directing either his left or right pauldron towards a target and sacrifices a large amount of his soul to empower the flames residing in their eye sockets. After the delay of a brief second, the flames erupt out in a pair of fire rays reaching 30 feet directly straight, with enough force to knock a grown man onto his back and severely burn the impact point. With the soul demand of this spell, consistent use is not possible.

Sweet Flame’s Kiss: Igniting a large portion of his soul in exchange for sparking the delectable agony of mending Hellfire, Malgerius can cauterize lacerations and wounds across his body in a bright wave of flame. Any internal injuries are not healed beyond preventing further external blood loss. While pain is always an exciting sensation, the Beacon of Sin requires his body to function to carry out his holy purpose.

Beacon’s Wrath: Calling upon the forbidden name of his savior and matron, the Holy Sinner becomes a vessel for her divine will. Crooked bat wings of blazing flame erupt from the Paladin’s back, reaching a wing-span of 15 feet and tipped with a curled claw at the knuckle. Stoked by the righteous fury in its wielder, the Balefire mace’s flame sharpens to form a crackling spear tip reaching roughly 1.5 feet in length from the shattered skull, giving the Paladin a mocking image of a holy valkyrie.

While the wings do not condone flight, as that is an image of angelic soldiers, they can direct extreme releases of heat to allow Malgerius to dash roughly 5-6 feet in any horizontal direction. Due to the limits of a currently mortal vessel, the Holy Sinner must spare both his body and soul the holy presence of his matron after roughly a full minute of Her empowerment. Everything in the infernal world is give and take, preventing Malgerius from calling upon such a blessing again without appeasing his matron, most commonly done post-battle.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 3
7/2/2023 20:42:22   
  Starflame13

Looks like we're starting this year off strong! Let's keep the ideas rolling, let's keep those bios coming, and let's get started!

As a reminder, for people receiving corrections or balancing notes, you must submit a NEW post with the updated bio.

@Dragonknight315 - Welcome back! Elodie is both very specialized and still manages to have quite a bit of complexity going on, so you have a lot of things to address for clarity and to narrow individual abilities, but the overall approach is well handled.

First, a couple quick notes on attire: are the additional straps providing support there to secure loose clothing, or keep her posture upright and muscles locked in a specific way? In the latter case, this is going to inhibit the acrobatic style you described later on - if it's a different intent, please clarify. Additionally, let's limit her pouches to "handfuls of caltrops and pairs of daggers in various pouches." That way we're dealing with dozens of daggers at most, not several hundred of them. Lastly, what material is her headband? Hard, decorative headbands are typically plastic reinforced canvas, which I have trouble seeing do much damage even if serrated. If she's using a metal one, maybe consider how to adapt it so she doesn't cut off her own ear with the sharpened points.

Now, let's get into the abilities. On the whole, you've done a good job with the general limitations with ramping up the effort needed for distance, size, and multiple objects. That said, we've got a few areas that contradict each other and a few others that need to be limited. Inertial Override needs much more specific limitations - since right now it's a reality altering ability with none. Let's limit this to impacting only Elodie directly, and only in ways that make sense with boosting herself through psionic abilities. Since all your other psionic abilities are physically-based, allowing her to briefly run up walls or improve her balance, or even to temporarily make one part of her body briefly indestructible due to a psionic "shielding" would work. Improving dark-vision, or ignoring a blow that has been delt, would not. Narrow it down, then bring it back for a look.

Moving on to River of Thoughts. First, this directly contradicts the limits in Lucid Mind in that it is always active at a low level. If you want to have this as a passive ability, always active EXCEPT for when other psionic abilities are in play, that's acceptable. If you want it to be constant, then it should be an active, intentional ability and should drain her energy accordingly. For when she is focusing on a specific person (i.e., turning the passive river into an active flood), drowning out another person's thoughts treads dangerously close to bunnying without further limitation. I would add in an additional concentration factor here, whether that by eye-contact or uninterrupted focus, to enable the target a method to break it. I also assume that the ability to form a response based on thoughts is only for this focused use case, rather than the general use case where she should be getting vague impressions and emotions, but not spelled out thoughts.

Now, Eldritch Grasp. This runs into a problem where you start describing how it could shove another person. The description of "If they are unable to counteract this presence through force of will or another ability, then they would be subject to Elodie's control" opens you up to unavoidable bunnying. While it is her mental strength, she is imparting a physical change. (If it relied on overpowering a mental connection, she wouldn't be able to manipulate objects!) Reword this to better represent that you are physically shoving a full body, which can still have a physical resistance augmented by willpower reaction. Additionally, how you've described the inertia for this when an ability drops is confusing - either it follows the inertia of her last push, it returns to its original inertia BEFORE she interacted with it, or it falls to the ground. Since the second one is part of the Zero Frame and the third would happen if it had no inertia regardless, let's simplify this to the first option.

Moving on to Zero Frame - rather than the complexity of counting seconds for an exit criteria, let's mirror the entrance criteria. An object in motion rapidly deaccelerates to a standstill while in contact with Elodie, and upon losing contact gradually reaccelerates to match it's original condition. I'd also like to limit this specific ability to a single object of influence at a time. We did touch base a bit that this could lead to a lot of edge cases - for example, unworn chainmail would be a single object, rather than lots of little objects linked together - but we will handle those as they come.

In general, things just need to be narrowed a bit to avoid overlapping and contradictions, but the idea is sound. Looking forward to seeing round 2!

@Necro-Knight - Why, hello! Back with more fire! Liking the direction the attitude of this character is taking, but got a couple big points to address that should trickle down to everything else. Let's get to balancing.

First, please move the origin story to the end of your bio in a "Background" section. While people are welcome to include these, any relative traits need to be directly called out themselves rather than hidden in story telling for bios. In addition, you are missing a clearly defined "Race" section of the bio. While I can assume from the story that he is some form of revenant or vampire, please call it out directly and then included any key differentiations from human abilities for racial traits (strength, ability to be injured, etc.). Anything not listed will be assumed to mirror human traits.

Second, my comments for most of your abilities boil down to timing. While there isn't a strict time limit in the arenas, a minute is a long time - and fights themselves last a few minutes at most. Dungeons & Dragons uses a standard of 6 second rounds - so 6 seconds to make a single major action and a secondary minor action. Most posts have more than one single action, but it's a good basis for abilities. A lot of your abilities are measured in minutes, which might work for a weaker spell, but not for an ultimate ability like Beacon's Wrath.

On to the details. First, I'm a bit confused by your description of the armor as having plate covering "each surfacing facing a foe". Ignoring the fact that foes can attack you from any direction, do you mean that Malgerius has the full-cover of heavy plate on the front of his armor, and leather as the back? Or is this meant to be smaller (and lighter) sewn plates onto the front of the leather, leaving just leather at the back? Please clarify both that and if the plates are bone or some type of metal - because in the former case, full steel plate in front is going to make for a very unbalanced Sinner! Also with the equipment, can you clarify any special properties of the infernal fire held by the Balefire Mace? I'm assuming part of it is not requiring fuel, but can it be extinguished by magical means or by someone sticking it in a puddle? And does the fire burn any hotter than normal fire?

Onto abilities! I like the concept of having the "mana" source here be Malgerius's own humanity. You do mention that it can be managed and allowed to recover - so how does it recover? Passively when not in use like mana, intentionally as people slow down or rest like stamina, or does it require a ritual to replenish outside of battle?

Now, Blazing Grasp. This is the first one to be victim of timing problems - four minutes will last the entire battle! As this has a low casting cost, a lower duration of, say, 15 seconds would work as is. If you want it to last significantly longer, say 30 seconds, it would need another drawback. Perhaps it's harder to wield the Balefire Mace with the claws?

Moving on to Hellwave - this also has some fun problems with timing, although in the opposite direction! At 25 feet in 20 seconds, this wall of fire is basically moving at a leisurely walking pace. Now if you want a slow-moving fire wall to dodge and play around with on the battlefield, I'm fine with this as is! If you want this to be something people have to move fast to dodge, I'd actually drop it to 5 seconds.

On to Forbidden Flail - this has the same timing concerns with lasting a full minute. If you want it to last for a handful of blows, I'd drop it to 10-15 seconds. If you want it to last for a longer engagement, drop the range in half.

For Soulburning Gaze - the one thing I'd ask to add is some sort of charge-up indicator for that one second of delay. Extra glowy skulls, perhaps?

Lastly, Beacon's Wrath. Again, the timing. For what is more-or-less an ultimate ability, I'd again drop this to something that can last for a handful of engagements, but not a third of an entire round. As a single-time use ability, you can get away with it being longer than most abilities, but I'd still cap it at 20 seconds.

See you for round two!

Keep them coming!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 4
7/3/2023 12:08:56   
  Chewy905

Chromatic ArchKnight of RP

Her first Coronation was a glorious day for the kingdom. The next Queen of the Steelsong, to herald in an age of peace and protection. The cheers were loud that day, and the people rejoiced. All hail Queen Lyre! All hail Queen Lyre!

Name: Queen Lyre
Pronouns: She/Her
Element: Wind

Queen Lyre was vain, but at their core what queen is not? And if the sight of her inspired her people, could vanity truly be a vice?

Appearance: Lyre stands at a regal 6 feet, and holds an air of might despite her thin frame. Her eyes are kind, hidden as they are beneath her silver veil, and the back of her hair is the same brilliant silver that shines when the sun catches it just so, long and draped past her shoulders. Her black dress contrasts her pale skinned form and flows gracefully when a breeze plays through it, exuding an air of might, and an ornate golden bracelet sits clasped around her wrist. A small smile usually plays along her lips as her crimson eyes shine, amused by the crowds that gather and stare at her beauty.

Before, that would have been all; the description could have stopped here. But… what is a queen without a crown?

A tangled mess of steel sits upon her head as a circlet, digging into her scalp and drawing small streams of blood that flow down her face beneath her half-tattered veil. The inside of her hair is dyed with streaks of red; though none are sure if it is through natural or unnatural means. A white scarf, stained with crimson, hides her neck from prying eyes. The same crimson mars her dress in almost decorative, unnatural patterns. Below her waist, where it should cover her fully, there is instead a large slit cut out by an unsteady hand, leaving a jagged window to a still-perfect leg and and her feet donning black, low-platform heels.

The Steelsong Lineage carries no blade, no armor. The Song itself keeps them safe from harm in times of peace, and strikes down the kingdom’s foes in times of war.

Equipment: Other than the clothes upon her back and the crown upon her head, Lyre seems to carry nothing. Neither her dress nor her crown are enchanted (though the crown is very sharp). At a glance and at a touch she is perfectly, entirely vulnerable.

Paranoia: And yet she could never sleep soundly without a blade within reach. Within the clasp of the ornate golden bracelet around Queen Lyre’s wrist hides a 2-inch knife blade, capable of piercing flesh and lighter materials, but largely ineffective against tougher armors.

The Steelsong is a mystery; a blessing upon the lineage passed down to each monarch on the day of their coronation. Some say it is the Song that leads the people, rather than the monarch. Queen Lyre proved that fact wrong. Her hands built the kingdom to its mightiest, her words brought the kingdom to its happiest, and the Song upon her lips was but a tool.

Abilities:
The Steelsong: The Song begins at a mere murmur from the Queen’s lips, starting within its transitioning verse. Once it has started, it remains active as long as Queen Lyre is able to breath and speak (though she does not need to be speaking to maintain it). If she becomes unable to do either for 15 seconds, the song ends and she must start it again. Queen Lyre may also stop the song intentionally. The Steelsong is capable of taking on two distinct forms, which she can switch between after a few seconds of maintaining a specific “transitioning verse” of sorts through her singing. During this transition, she cannot make use of either form:

Song of Spears: While the Song of Spears is active, faint singing from ethereal voices can be heard within a 20 foot radius of Queen Lyre (though NOT within a 5 foot radius of her), which marks its effective range. The song is sung in an unintelligible language, though if one focuses they are able to discern that it sings of war, death, and bloodshed. By raising her own singing to a sharp crescendo, Lyre is able to strike any point she can see within this 20 foot radius. At that point, the music will grow substantially louder, before playing a sharp note and piercing through the point from any angle of Lyre’s choice with a stab of spear-like wind. She may also slash across a point with a gust of sword-like wind, with the same loud tell. These blows are about twice as strong as an average strike from a high quality metal weapon, and cannot manifest within any object at the point; they must strike from a few feet outside. If a strike is blocked or deflected, it will strain against the defense for a moment before dispersing.

Lyre may “sing” up to three strikes in rapid succession within a few feet of the same point. She can also make three simultaneous strikes around a single point, in which case the increasing volume will be significantly louder before the strikes occur. After three strikes, either successive or simultaneous, Lyre may not strike anywhere again for a few seconds. Lyre cannot strike any point within a 5 foot radius of herself.

Finally, Lyre may “delay” her strikes by performing an accompanying, exaggerated motion, as if she were physically making the attack herself. A delayed attack will have a tell that reaches a much louder volume before striking with approximately twice again as much strength. Lyre can only make two simultaneous delayed strikes, rather than three.

Song of Shields: While the Song of Shields active, faint singing from ethereal voices can be heard within a 5 foot radius of Queen Lyre, which marks its effective range. The song is sung in an unintelligible language, though if one focuses they are able to discern that it sings of surrender, acceptance, and futility. By dropping her own singing to a gentle pianissimo, Lyre is able to manifest an invisible, floating wall of wind, about the size of a tower shield, at any location within this 5 foot radius. The song around this wall drops to a whisper. The wall is strong as steel, and cannot be moved by any force other than Lyre herself. Lyre can grab, push, and otherwise move this wall as if it were a weightless physical object. If Lyre pushes or throws the wall, it travels a maximum of 5 feet before stopping in place. While the wall must be created within 5 feet of her, it remains in existence even if she or it moves beyond 5 feet apart. This wall can disperse physically magical projectiles, such as balls of fire or jets of water. If the wall is broken or if Lyre dismisses it by switching or ceasing her Song, she cannot recreate it for a few seconds, and she cannot create another wall without dismissing an active one.

spoiler:

Song of Slaughter: Singing the song of Slaughter will instantly stop the Song of Spears and the Song of Shields. Lyre sings an ear-piercing note, barely able to be considered music, and the ethereal voices emit screams and laughter everywhere within a 30 foot radius of Lyre. Extremely strong gusts of wind will attempt to seize every weapon within this radius that is within 5 feet of its owner, wrenching them out of hands or sheathes if necessary, and use them each to make one strike that weapon’s owner, after which the wind will die down and the weapons will drop the the ground. These strikes generally aim for the neck of their target, but may strike elsewhere instead. Song of Slaughter will not affect Lyre’s hidden blade unless it is already drawn. Lyre is unable to speak after using this ability, leaving her unable to manifest any of The Steelsong’s effects.

Traits:

Brimming Mind: Queen Lyre is highly aware of everything within her line of sight. She is as nimble as she is quick-witted, giving her an edge when avoiding attacks as long as she sees them. Her fast mind makes her capable of predicting attacks she cannot see as well, though she needs to have reason to believe they will be occurring in the first place, and her predictions can often be over-exaggerated.

Emptied Hands: Queen Lyre has no physical strength to speak of, average stamina, and extremely minimal training with any weapon she manages to get her hands on.

Her second Coronation was a horrific day for the kingdom. The last Queen of the Steelsong, to end an age of abuse and devastation. The screams were loudest that day, and the people despaired. All hail Queen Lyre! All hail Queen Lyre!
Post #: 5
7/3/2023 23:09:54   
  Starflame13

More bios, lets go!

@Chewy905 - ALL HAIL QUEE-*cough*. Hello! Queen Lyre is both powerful and vulnerable in equal measure, so I'm happy to give her a bit more offensive power given the lack of defensive ability in that stage. The one comment I have is that I wanted a visible aspect of both Songs. We touched based briefly in PMs, and I will include what we agreed on:

Song of Spears: While in motion, these strikes are visible as portions of air that reverse the colors seen through them, as if looking through a filter. They leave this same negative effect in their trail for a brief moment after the blow.

Song of Shields: Similar to the Song of Spears, this shield is visible as a section of space that reverses the colors seen through it.

Additionally, be careful about overusing Brimming Mind. I will nerf this if I find you to be abusing it. Otherwise, approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 6
7/3/2023 23:15:26   
Dragonknight315

Round 2! Clarifications and changes are underlined! Retooled the abilities accordingly and updated the weapon roster.

“When the world ends and all else fails, you can stand on your own two feet Elodie.”

Name: Elodie, Servant of Durando

Appearance:---

In a place of spellslingers, mercenaries, and monsters, one would be hard pressed to find a humble maid. But for Elodie, her work takes her to the battlefield.

Elodie stands around 5 feet, 6 inches in height. Her skin is pale like ice, without blemish. Eloidie’s silvery-gray hair falls perfectly straight in all directions, stopping just barely above the shoulders. Her eyes are like a kaleidoscope, their colors changing across the entire spectrum as they catch the light. It is rare for Elodie to show emotion, but on the rare occasion where she is found smiling, observers may notice her unusually sharp teeth.

For her attire, Elodie wears a set of well-maintained maid clothes. She wears a black dress with long sleeves. At the end of her sleeves are large, white french cuffs adorned with opalescent cufflinks. Peeking from underneath is a pair of black leather gloves that reach to her elbows. Moving down, her black dress descends into a skirt. The left half of it stops right above her knee while it tapers on her right side down towards the ground. On top of her shirt is a simple white apron with frills and ruffles. When tied it forms an oversized bow on her back. Elodie’s legs are covered with white stockings and a pair of plain dress shoes. Lastly, several leather straps and belts are wrapped across her body, running from Elodie’s shoulders and across her waist.

Complementing her servant-wear, Elodie is afforded some personal accessories. She dons a simple black hairband with a silver cross at its center. Draped across her shoulders is something between a shawl and a cape– a single piece of black, heavy fabric that covers her shoulders and is held together by a metal chain around her collar. It is embroidered with a silver trim. Lastly, Elodie wears a special necklace that peeks from under her cape– a 2 inch by 2 inch cube made of an unknown metal.

All together, Elodie’s clothes leave not an inch of her skin visible save for face. Thus, Elodie’s true frame is hidden from sight. She is lean but incredibly muscular, putting her strength and flexibility above the average human.

As a final note, Elodie constantly wears a special perfume. It is actually scentless and serves to neutralize the scent of ozone that clings to Elodie and her clothes.

Equipment:---

Servant’s Attire: As the personal servant, assistant, and bodyguard of an elderly warlock, Elodie has elected to don her work clothes for the Elemental Championships. One may assume that a maid outfit (and by extension Elodie) would be unfitting for a fighting competition. Such assumptions would be to her advantage however. To Elodie, her otherwise ordinary maid clothes are a core part of her identity. As such, Elodie can use her clothes as a conduit for her unique abilities. Similarly, the metallic cube around her neck holds no special properties as far as Elodie knows, yet its mere presence acts as a focusing agent for Elodie.

The obvious limitations of her clothing are not lost on the servant, however. Elodie has made several adjustments to her maid outfit to better suit her line of work. For extra defense, Elodie’s clothes are padded with a thin layer of fabric. Several black leather straps and belts run across Elodie's body, providing support to keep her clothes in place. Attached to these straps are several pouches which allow her to carry more equipment. In the event that Elodie would lose or use up the materials in these pouches, she has several hidden pockets across her uniform that serve as backups. Across all of these, Elodie carries saround two dozen mundane daggers and a few handfuls of tiny caltrops in addition to a set of brass knuckles. Hidden in one of them is a bottle of perfume to mask her scent.

“Cleaning” tools: Almost every part of Elodie’s clothing has some hidden lethality.

In addition to the numerous daggers on her form, Elodie wears a set of black metal bracers underneath her sleeves. These bracers are locked onto her arms. On their own, the bracers provide another layer of defense for Elodie, but they also have an offensive purpose. Attached to each is a compartment with a hidden blade. When fully extended, the double-edged blade is around a foot in length (able to peek out from her loose sleeves). When not extended, the blades are locked in place until engaged. On close inspection, there appears to be no mechanism to actually engage the blades; Elodie can use her psychic powers to extend or retract the blades at will. Both the bracers and the blades are made of ordinary steel that has been coated in a thin layer of silver.

The soles of her dress shoes house another set of hidden blades. Functionally identical, the only difference is their understandably shorter length, around 3 inches. When extended, they stick out at the front of her shoes.

Finally, Elodie’s own hairband secretly acts as a sheath for her last concealed weapon. The piece appears to be made wholly of ceramic. But if Elodie twists against the cross at its center, she can detach the hairband into two parts. When separated, a thin but extremely sharp blade is revealed with the cross acting as a rudimentary guard. The edge is around 3 inches in length and tapers from the guard from one side into a single point.

Abilities:---

Lucid Mind: As far back as she could remember, Elodie has served and was tutored by her master Durando. After two decades of diligent practice, Elodie has developed into an adept Psionicist. Her powers seemingly divorced from traditional magic, Elodie is able to shape and bend the world around her using only her awakened mind. While the potential effects are numerous and powerful, there are very clear restraints to her psychic abilities. In the scheme of things, Elodie is far from a master.

First, using her powers as a Psionicist is physically and mentally taxing. Even the most mundane of feats that may appear effortless requires no small amount of work on Elodie’s part. Use of her psionics requires concentration along with some kind of accompanying gesture on top of draining her stamina. The larger, more pronounced, or more reality-defying the effect, the more strain is put on her Elodie. Prolong use of her abilities can result in heavy fatigue and hallucinations that grow worse as Elodie pushes herself.

Second, for all of her abilities, Elodie has a maximum sphere of influence around 15 feet centered on her. The farther away, the harder it becomes for Elodie to focus her powers, limiting her full effectiveness to close range. Outside of this 15ft range, her powers are diminished entirely. Furthermore, while Elodie does not require direct line of sight to influence her surroundings (merely a vague awareness of its existence), anything outside her immediate vision requires additional effort. The more knowledgeable and certain she is of something's location and details, the easier it is for Elodie to visualize controlling it (becoming less taxing in the process).

Lastly, Elodie cannot have more than one type of psychic power active at the same time. She requires a brief moment to clear and adjust her mind (around six seconds) before she can use a different type of power. Elodie can produce and maintain multiple instances of the same type of power, but each additional instance requires exponentially more effort as her attention is increasingly divided. Manipulating multiple small objects with Eldritch Grasp would require just as much effort if not potentially more than affecting a single large object. And if a combatant is able to put up some form of resistance or defense (for example, their own physical or magical abilities or a special object), then Elodie’s powers can be diminished. The exact nature varies depending on the circumstances, but this can result in her abilities requiring more effort to overcome her target (risking her mind and body falling apart) to not working at all.

•Inertial Override: Elodie can use her limited control over reality to augment her physical abilities, allowing her to achieve feats seen as unlikely or impossible for the average human. These feats are comparable to the supernatural talents seen in those of monastic or ascetic legends. This augmentation is specifically limited to Elodie and is only intended for short bursts. Maintaining these feats for more than six seconds would require an increasing amount of effort and concentration. Such effects would include running up vertical walls, maintaining her balance even on thin objects, hardening her body to mitigate an oncoming blow, or temporarily pausing blood loss to fight while severely injured.

•River of Thoughts: Perhaps the least developed of her psychic abilities, Elodie possesses a limited form of telepathy. In effect, River of Thoughts is always active, granting her something akin to a danger sense by subconsciously picking up on anything within her sphere of influence (though this danger sense disappears if any of the other abilities are active.)

However, Elodie can direct her focus onto a single person. When performed, the target would feel some form of strange sensation (as if they were being watched). This feeling starts out subtle at first but rapidly grows more pronounced the longer Elodie focuses on a target (a reaction to her influence moving deeper into the target.) At any moment, the target can attempt to fight this influence through some form of strong concentration. This can take on many different forms such as visualization, focusing on a particular object or person, mantras, etc. The target doesn’t even have to know that Elodie is the source of the influence (and if they did have that knowledge, the target may find it easier to focus and fight against Elodie’s influence.) But with enough concentration, it can sever the link, causing Elodie some mental backlash in the process. Furthermore, if a target would leave Elodie’s sphere of influence or if Elodie willingly severs their connection, the link would immediately end (without any backlash.)

Under normal circumstances, the most Elodie could glean by focusing on a target would be surface thoughts or emotional states. She can probe deeper, but it is prohibitively difficult for Elodie. It would require her undivided attention over a long span of time, rendering it unfit for combat purposes. (NOTE: any thoughts acquired by River of Thoughts is highly dependent on the individual circumstances.)

While River of Thoughts’s primary purpose is to gather information, Elodie can also use River of Thoughts to speak to others while actively focusing on them. A willing recipient or a target unable to reject her influence would hear Elodie speak in their own mind, her voice potentially making it harder for the target to concentrate. While they technically can’t speak back to Elodie, she can form a response based on their surface thoughts. However, this process can be a vulnerability for Elodie. If Elodie connects to a target that possesses similar mental abilities, this could allow them easier access to her mind, potentially turning the tables on her.

•Eldritch Grasp: In contrast to River of Thoughts, Eldritch Grasp is the most refined and preferred of Elodie’s psychic gifts. Elodie is able to physically move physical objects in the real world through visualization. When Elodie uses Eldritch Grasp, this takes the form of a precise wave of force that acts uniformly upon the target to influence its velocity. Non-physical or no-mass objects such as a conjured fireball are unable to be influenced with (Eldritch Grasp.) Furthermore, if the intended target is being held/worn by someone or attached to a different object, then that object is treated as part of a greater whole. As such, Elodie could not influence an individual object without affecting the whole (and occuring the associated costs) in that case. The notable exception to this is Elodie’s hidden blades.

When Elodie activates Eldritch Grasp:, there is a brief delay before the target is affected. If used on a living target, said target will feel an alien force wash over them right before the force wave takes effect. Due to its physical nature, a living target can react and brace or adjust themselves to resist/work against the force wave.

Generally, the more massive, distant, or faster moving the target is, the more effort required to affect it and the less control Elodie can muster over it. She could easily redirect a small dagger in her immediate presence and “levitate it” by applying a small bust consistent force on it. But the same dagger would seem far more unwieldy to Elodie on the edge of her 15ft sphere of influence. For heavier objects, the maximum amount of weight Elodie could influence at once would be around approximately 300 pounds, but this would require the object to be right next to Elodie, and it would require her full power to be used at once. Furthermore, if a large object is motion, Elodie would need to work with its existing inertia.

•Zero Frame: By physically touching an object, Elodie can place said object under a form of stasis. Elodie’s clothes act as an extension of her body and do not impede her ability to use Zero Frame. Once successfully activated, if the object is currently in motion, the object will begin to rapidly decelerate over a few seconds before coming to a complete stop (with faster or larger objects requiring more time) At this point, the object is frozen in place. For those without magical means or superhuman strength, the object may appear to be immovable. The object will remain in stasis for as long as Elodie is touching it. Once released, the object will rapidly regain its lost inertia (as if Elodie had never interacted with it.)

Elodie is only able to have one object in stasis at a time, unable to muster the required effort to affect multiple objects at once. While Elodie can place an object held by an individual into stasis with Zero Frame, she is unavailable to affect an object if it is worn by someone. Furthermore, Zero Frame is unable to affect living matter or any inorganic object that for one reason or another possesses a spirit or sentience.

A Maid’s Cold Courtesy: For Elodie to reach her full potential as a bodyguard and Psionicist, she cannot let her mind and body impede her. As such, Elodie has trained both to peak human capabilities. From the tiniest stain on a handkerchief to the gap in an unwanted guest’s armor, Durando’s servant has an impeccable eye for detail. Furthermore, her eclectic master has given Elodie a voracious appetite for knowledge and the means to sate it. From medical and alchemical concoctions, to martial arts and swordplay, to animal handling and dance– there are few subjects Elodie does not possess a basic knowledge of.

When it comes to raw physical abilities, Elodie is above average in strength and flexibility, but her most defining features are her machine-like precision and acrobatic skill. From somersaults to handstands and more, Elodie turns combat into a performance as she strikes at her opponents, especially when augmented by psionics. When combined with her mental acuity, it would be difficult for someone to corner or surprise Elodie. However, her obsessive approach to gathering information can be just as much of a curse as a blessing. A lack of faith and clarity is lethal to Elodie; should sufficient false information be placed, then the servant’s physic powers and well-maintained nature can crumble.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 7
7/4/2023 21:21:58   
  Starflame13

Happy 4th of July to the US folks! Hoping for lots of bios after the holiday!

@Dragonkight315 - Thank you for going the extra mile in defining and refining the abilities! This is an ability set that will require significant collaboration - both with your fellow competitors, and with me as the Director if we run into edge cases for the abilities. Looking forward to working with you. Approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
7/5/2023 20:53:37   
Necro-Knight

And here we are for Round 2! :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Malgerius, Phare du Péché
Race:Corrupted Human
Height: 6’

Appearance: Garbed in high-gothic armor of dark, smoky gray, each plate features grotesque warpings of a bone-like style and is strapped over a scorched layer of dark leather. The steel armor covers the front and back torso and top of his arms and legs, while the rear and sides of each limb is garbed in dark leather and straps to hold the armor in place. The edges of each plate flickers and glows as if fresh off a blacksmith’s anvil, though the steel generates no heat to the touch. Pauldrons of gaping, horned skulls rest on broad shoulders and a blazing light glows from within their eye sockets.
A black hood of chainmail laid over the same leather as his armor rests over a head of black hair and ember-like eyes. A finely trimmed goatee of black is a stark contrast to the pale skin of his visage, his complexion resembling the color of ash from a bonfire. Despite the lack of color, the skin of his face appears full of health rather than gaunt as the paleness would suggest.

Black gauntlets that cover the entirety of his hands end in spiked claws, their tips glowing with the same heatless orange flicker the rest of the obsidian plating does. Similar plates across the front of his legs end in a triangular plate covering the toe of each leather boot beneath, should the need for a stabbing kick arise.

Equipment:

The Sinful Balefire Mace: A two-handed mace reaching five feet in length and featuring a heavy skull roughly 1.5 feet in width upon its top. The top of the cranium is shattered and an infernal fire fueled by Malgerius’ soul blazes from where the brain would normally sit, reaching temperatures well beyond that of a natural blacksmith’s forge due to the demonic nature of the flames. While natural water is unable to douse the flames, the proper blessed water or holy spell impacting the mace would snuff out the flames, requiring a moderate portion of Malgerius’ inner soulfire to rekindle it. Aside from the dark leather around the grip of the weapon, the entire bludgeoning tool is cast in black steel, doing away with any aesthetic touches such as jewels or engravings. A four-inch spike is fastened to the base of the tool.

Hellforged Armor:
Forged from the same infernal iron as his mace, the glowing plates are highly resistant to piercing and slashing attacks, while featuring less protection versus blunt force. The leather beneath is moderately resistant to the slicing attacks of sharp edges, while less so to direct piercing attacks from an arrow or spear. Blessed by infernals of high status, the layered plating is greatly resistant to fire and shadow magic, while lacking any true resistance to other elements and a weakness to the degrading holy power of Light magic.

Abilities:

Soulfire Kindling: Part of his pact with his matron and the key to Malgerius’ new unholy power, the Beacon of Sin burns parts of his humanity for each spell in his infernal arsenal, dedicating varying sizes of himself to the demonic being whose blessing he is inciting. This resource must be managed and allowed to passively recover over time similar to mana for human Mages or the Paladin risks losing himself entirely. This would result in becoming maddened and wild without any trace of humanity to anchor him to reality.

Infernal Might: Malgerius’ strength is equal to that of three knights in their prime, allowing him to swing the Sinful Balefire in one hand with ease and resist the breaking of bones. Despite this, his flesh is no more resistant to bladed wounds than that of any mortal man should it pass his armor. This might also grants the Holy Sinner a great resistance to fire and extreme temperatures.

Blazing Grasp: Empowering his gauntlets with a blessing of infernal fire for only a small fragment of his soul, the claw on each finger glows a golden hot, allowing Malgerius’ grip to scorch flesh and burn through rudimentary non-plate armor. While the claws are sharp, this empowerment does not allow them to pierce plate armor in any way, though they can still superheat anything in their grasp for the duration. Lasting 15 seconds, the Paladin knows better than to start risking even his empowered armor’s limits and allows his claws to cool for a time.

Hellwave: Swinging the Sinful Balefire down and empowering it with a small portion of his soul, Malgerius slams the mace-head of his weapon on the ground, unleashing a three-foot wide, four-feet-tall wave of fire towards his enemy. Reaching a distance of roughly 25 feet in about 5 seconds before dissipating, the Hellwave consumes the flames within the Paladin’s mace, needing a moderate amount of time to rekindle before being used again.

Forbidden Flail: Requiring a moderate portion of the Paladin’s soul burned in sacrifice, the Forbidden Flail blessing empowers the Sinful Balefire mace to allow the skull mace-head to extend upon a blazing chain reaching out to a maximum of 15 feet. Using the mace’s own infernal flame to fuel the spell along with his soul, the enchantment lasts for roughly 15 seconds before returning the weapon to its original form and needing a moderate amount of time to rekindle before being used again.

Soulburning Gaze: Directing either his left or right pauldron towards a target and sacrifices a large amount of his soul to empower the flames residing in their eye sockets, creating an increasingly brighter glow to appear for a brief time. After the delay, the flames erupt out in a pair of fire rays reaching 30 feet directly straight, with enough force to knock a grown man onto his back and severely burn the impact point. With the soul demand of this spell, consistent use is not possible.

Sweet Flame’s Kiss: Igniting a large portion of his soul in exchange for sparking the delectable agony of mending Hellfire, Malgerius can cauterize lacerations and wounds across his body in a bright wave of flame. Any internal injuries are not healed beyond preventing further external blood loss. While pain is always an exciting sensation, the Beacon of Sin requires his body to function to carry out his holy purpose.

Beacon’s Wrath: Calling upon the forbidden name of his savior and matron, the Holy Sinner becomes a vessel for her divine will. Crooked bat wings of blazing flame erupt from the Paladin’s back, reaching a wing-span of 15 feet and tipped with a curled claw at the knuckle. Stoked by the righteous fury in its wielder, the Balefire mace’s flame sharpens to form a crackling spear tip reaching roughly 1.5 feet in length from the shattered skull, giving the Paladin a mocking image of a holy valkyrie.

While the wings do not condone flight, as that is an image of angelic soldiers, they can direct extreme releases of heat to allow Malgerius to dash roughly 5-6 feet in any horizontal direction. Due to the limits of a currently mortal vessel, the Holy Sinner must spare both his body and soul the holy presence of his matron after a time of 20 seconds wielding Her empowerment. Everything in the infernal world is give and take, preventing Malgerius from calling upon such a blessing again without appeasing his matron, most commonly done post-battle.

Background:
Originally mortal, Malgerius was born into a life of serving the Light. Strict regimen, daily hymns to its grace, an unbreakable agenda against all things unholy and corrupt. Like a blacksmith shaping steel, the free man that Malgerius could’ve been was forged into a stalwart shield against the enemies of purity.

While he let the preachings of the Light guide his mace, the Paladin never let them blind him. Humans are sinful, warped creatures, easily tempted to drown the sorrow and despair of daily life in depravity. He did not fault them. He did not blame them. Instead, he sought to cleanse the corruption at its source, rather than try to treat its symptoms.

Years of service turned into decades and a reality began to sink into Malgerius’ bones like a rot. Knights, Paladins and Squires rose and fell in service to holy decrees that came not from holy mouths, but from those of mortal men. Men who had never made the same sacrifice as so many young men, their dying breaths praising a Light that seemed content to watch them fall in its name. The faith, while unwavering, was also uncaring.

Despite this truth, Malgerius’ mission of saving humanity from a life in shackles was unshaken. He fought, bled and finally fell in the name of a Light that did not answer his cries, that had thrust a singular existence upon him and bore no fruit now at the end of his service. While his voice was choked with blood, the broken man’s soul roared out, thrashed against the death that closed in around it. Echoing, savage and raw, his cries were not lost to oblivion.

Risen from the blood and smoke around him, a winged matron of corruption whispered in a cooing, smooth tone that he need not simply become meat for carrions like the others. His holy mission of freeing humanity could continue, not from the corruption and sins that were natural of all living things, but from the golden chains the Light insisted on smothering a gloriously wicked existence with.

The Paladin’s choice was coughed from lungs full of blood and a heart full of raw hunger. A hunger to live, to experience a life unburdened and a hunger to share the truth of existence with the rest of his flock.

Forging a pact of flame and sin, Malgerius was reborn.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 9
7/6/2023 23:39:16   
  Starflame13

Nearing our first week of bios! Let's see a wave come in over the weekend!

@Necro-Knight - Looks like everything has been addressed, so thank you! I have on additional caveat I'd like to add: While Malgerius is using Beacon's Wrath, he cannot draw upon additional hellfire to make use of the other abilities requiring Soulfire Kindling. With that stated, approved! Have fun setting things on fire!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
7/10/2023 22:01:43   
markthematey

Name: Hetritch Felgo
Race: Mannaus Stein (looks human with some altered physical traits specified)
Height: 5'6 but slightly taller if he stands straight

Physical Appearance:

Hetritch is an old ruffled man who looks to be ancient. His skin is a bright shade of grey that is spattered with dirt and dust that never seems to come off even if he tries. His one good eye is bleached over as if blind, though he can see fine with it. His left eye is permanently closed nothing in the socket.
He has a thick beard that is black but the tips of the hair curl into a scraggly grey as does his thick mustache that covers his lip.
He looks extremely malnourished. His skin tightly wraps around his ribs and his stomach is as if he had never eaten a meal before. He has a few stone plates that protrude from his back, a few sections of his arms, and over his heart. The line between the plates and his skin blend together, difficult to tell where one starts and another end. You can count the wrinkles on his forehead and the bags under his eyes, only made more apparent by his baldness that left his head bare besides a few darkened patches of skin that spot randomly on top of his head.
He holds a weak posture, a pained one with a slight crook in his back that makes him hunch ever so slightly forward while resting. Despite his smaller frame, his skin looks rough almost like leather. His gaunt arms are skinny and his hands look frail, as if his fingers would
shatter by a sharp gust of wind.
He wears a thin ragged shirt and pants but the shirt is torn down the center, making it closer to a vest. He has a small pouch of stones on his belt and a loop to hold his tools.
He has a full set of teeth but they look grey and near rotting. His gums are black like tar.

Abilities:

Natural armor:
Hetritch’s skin is rough like leather with a few sections plated in stone on his back, a small number of tiny stones in his arms, and one plate that covers his heart. The back of his hand is also covered in the stone as well as his knuckles His skin acts as basic leather armor and the stones are equivalent to heavier metal armor. He does not bleed, wounds seem to whisp out a white smoke that glows slightly before dissipating. The flesh under his rough skin is more similar to clay as well. It would take a similar amount of battle damage to defeat him as it does an average man.

Physical prowess:
Hetritch’s has enormous strength for his size and stature. He could lift a boulder as tall as he is with both arms and could crash stone within his grip. His speed is derived from his strength, powerful legs can propel him forward but he is unwieldy with it and is not a trained fighter. Overwhelming and crushing is his motto for fighting.

Mold earth:
Hetritch’s can crush smaller stones to create a slab of the same stone in front of him proportional to the amount of strength he crushed it with. A quick stomp would summon a stone the size of his head while a full slam could create a slab slightly larger than him. The slab appears as soon as the stone is crushed. There needs to be intent for the effect to take place.

Equipment:

Hammer and Chisel:
Though most of his combat ability comes from his strength, he wields a hammer and chisel.
They are a normal size for tools.
The hammer is reinforced to be able to sustain hundreds of strikes without needing repair and the chisel is magically enchanted to be particularly good at cracking hard surfaces and piercing with incredible precision.

Pouch of different stones:
He has a pouch of 3 different rocks on his belt. He has 2 normal stones and one of the others. Each stone can fit in his palm and work with his “mold earth” ability.
Normal Stone: basic stone properties

Iron Ore: Much heavier and sturdier but he is unable to move or break the larger slabs easily

Obsidian: brittle and when broken turns into sharp shards. great for smashing and creating projectiles

Shard of Stalagmite: When crushed makes a stalagmite thrust forward instead of a normal slab

Post #: 11
7/10/2023 23:06:28   
  Starflame13

Made it to week 2! Time for the writing to take off, now everyone has had plenty of time to brainstorm!

@markthematey - Welcome Welcome! Definitely a character on the more straightforward side, but I have one major point of clarification and a couple smaller details.

When Hetritch uses his pre-loaded stones with Mold Earth, he generates a slab. It is implied through the other abilities that these slabs can themselves break. Is Hetritch able to pick up the shards of a previously-generated slab, and re-use Mold Earth? If so, this is a concern because - especially with obsidian - it opens the door to endless shards and infinite ammo. If this was the intent, then each "slab" needs a limit on how many times it can be molded before it decays to dust - likely 2 or 3 times depending on which material that is. Another option would be a diminishing returns method, where each sequential "recrush" results in half the size of what the initial force would have created. I'm also assuming that for the pouch of stones, he specifically has 3 types of stone, with two normal stones and one of each of the specialty stones. Depending on how you handle the recrush ability, you may include additional ammo - specifically of the standard stone properties of the Normal Stone and Shard of Stalagmite.

I'd also like to clarify Hetritch's physical prowess. The ability to "crush stone within his grip" means one thing when it's, say, limestone and quite another when it's diamond. I'm ok with him having this ability for softer stones - specifically to facilitate his Mold Earth ability, but let's make sure we're looking at the 3-4 level of the Mohs Hardness of Rock scale and not 9-10.

I would also like you to pull out any key traits of the racial difference - such as the lack of blood - and include that in the Race section. If there is something as part of the race that enables him to be able to maintain such physical prowess while being so old, include that as well - otherwise I'm going to assume that with that age comes significant frailty.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 12
7/11/2023 20:28:23   
Apocalypse

Name: Vosta ver Vostadteir, She who Sunders the Sky, the Krodottir (“Crow-Daughter”)
Pronouns: She/her/hers
Lineage: Jotnari
Element: Wind

Appearance

Vosta’s giant lineage runs strong in her veins. She stands over seven feet tall, with broad muscled shoulders protruding from the black vestments of her people. Her hair is tied back from her chiseled face in several braids while the rest cascades to the mid of her back. Her right arm from the elbow down is a bone prosthetic, skeletal in design and stained a bright shade of amethyst. Runes are carved into it all along every major bone, and the five fingers end in sharpened talons.

Several erratic streaks of snow white sprout from her right temple and cut through the rest of her obsidian black hair. Where the streaks meet the skin are the tail ends of blackened burned scars resembling a large fern. The scars stretch across her right eye, across her cheek, down her neck and envelop her right shoulder and arm all the way down to her prosthetic. Within the blades of fern scar lies a bright blue glow, a nestle of cyan surging through the tarnished skin. Vosta’s right eye is a midnight blue where the whites should be that shifts to an electric blue before fading into a stormy white with no discernible pupil in the center. Her left eye is normal by comparison, a simple amber most often scrunched into a distrustful gaze.

The Krodottir is mostly humanoid in appearance, with her sheer size being the most notable divergence from the common human. The next is her unnaturally pale skin, chalk-white in color. Her veins run a deep shade of purple, as does her blood, and are more pronounced than the average human’s.

Abilities

Jotnari Lineage: Vosta is one of the Jotnari, a race of humans descended from giants. Commonly referred to as goliaths by outsiders, Jotnari possess twice the strength of humans their size, with Vosta herself capable of flinging a fully grown man with one arm. Furthermore, they have more range in hearing than most humanoid species and are adept at distinguishing sounds. A typical Jotnari can identify the footsteps of a stranger from twenty paces and will recognize it after only hearing it once. In all other ways, Jotnari are comparable to humans.

A Sundered Sky or Sky-Sundering: A technique Vosta can use with weapons, either thrown or swung, meant for slashing or piercing. Vosta divides the air itself right before the tip of the point of edge of the blade in its path, creating a void that pulls the weapon in and propels it forward with the howling of wind. The blow is faster and stronger, almost doubling in strength and allowing a heavy boar spear to be thrust with the speed of a rapier. A thrown weapon like her Carrion Quill will move with the speed and strength of a crossbow up to sixty feet away, though accuracy sharply drops off after forty feet.
It is a taxing technique; even a single use of it requires a great amount of stamina. Not only does Vosta require a moment of preparation to use it, thus easily telegraphing her next attack, she is vulnerable to a quick counterattack afterwards whilst she recovers.
It is worse when used in succession, as doing so three times in a row will make even standing a great difficulty. Once, Vosta attempted to use it four times in a row. Before the fourth blow could land, the Jotnari lost consciousness.
Even when using this technique in succession, the preparation and recovery accompanies each individual strike.

Krodottir: Vosta’s failure on the plains was met with contempt and disdain from her Crow God. Vosta can summon a large, black arm with rippling feathers to replace the one she has lost. It will tear off her prosthetic if she is still wearing it, and the arm is long enough to touch the ground while Vosta is standing at full height. The “hand” also resembles a crow’s foot, with three sharpened talons capable of puncturing steel.
While Vosta has the Krodottir in effect, her state of mind falls somewhere between mania and frenzy, making her susceptible to her worst and most primal instincts. It begins subtly, but within the course of a minute Vosta is almost rabid in her demeanor. Vosta can dispel the Krodottir at will, though as the further the madness progresses, the harder it is for Vosta to possess the will to do so.
Vosta does have a sense of touch in the crow arm.

Spearmastery: Vosta has mastered the boar spear, able to wield its size and weight with all the finesse and expertise of more traditional master spearman. Vosta is capable of wielding it with one arm, though she is limited to more simple thrusts and sweeps while doing so.

Brawler: Vosta is no stranger to a fistfight, though prefers hammer blows and a continuous onslaught as opposed to a more refined technique.

Strength of Breath: Through a combination of her Jotnari lineage and a lifetime spent on the mountains, Vosta has great stamina and control of her breath.

Giants' Resolve: Vosta is by no means immune to pain, though has a significantly high pain tolerance, able to take normal punches without flinching and pushing through grievous wounds at the potential detriment to her own well-being.

Equipment

Blood and Bone: Vosta’s prosthetic arm is carved from the bone of fallen carrion crows, birds rivaling eagles in size and majesty. The bones have been reshaped by magic and condensed to prevent the normal weakness of hollow bird bone. As such, it carries the durability of master-crafted steel. The arm has runes etched all along their length, allowing Vosta to control it as if it was her own natural limb, though she lacks all sense of touch from it, including pain. The sole exception is when it is in contact with energy, as Vosta will still feel the discomfort and pain.

Vosta is able to rotate every joint in the prosthetic 360 degrees. It is also attached to her arm securely, though a single direct blow to where flesh meets bone is capable of knocking it free.

The Crow Laugh: A boar spear composed of a seventeen-inch metal blade atop a seven-foot long wooden shaft. The wood is crafted from ironthorn, a type of tree home to the mountains of Gods’ Peak. As per its namesake, it has the durability of iron whilst being as light as standard wood. The blade is crafted from an archaic form of steel crafted via mixing powdered bone with iron. A series of holes are whittled into it so it serves as the most brutal of woodwind instruments, making a cackling sound with every swing. The cackle is terror-inducing and designed to prey on the primal instincts of all living things, though it is ultimately mundane in nature. A jagged, horizontal line runs across the spearhead a few inches from the base where it was once broken and reforged. Carved into the original portion of the spearhead is an old dialect of giantish reading “From the skies” before it is cut-off by the break. After the break, in harsher carving with larger lettering is inscribed the giantish word for “death”.

The butt end of the Crow Laugh is a carved crow foot with three talons that are typically clutching a fossilized crow egg. By applying pressure in the right way with her fingers near the crow foot, Vosta can cause the foot to open or close. It has enough crushing power to crack bone.

The Lives Untold: Three fossilized carrion crow eggs, each the size of an average human’s fist. Surprisingly durable, though they will shatter if hurled or smashed against a hard surface with great force. When shattered, the egg is empty but releases a ferocious sound like the incessant screeching of a murder of crows. The sound lasts for a few brief moments, but drowns out almost all other noises shy of thunderclaps.
If the talons of the Crow Laugh break an egg via crushing it, then the noise has an additional effect. Creatures whose ears or similar auditory organs are within a foot of the egg when it is shattered will have the cackling of crows flood their minds, making them feel disoriented. The average person will stumble, but those with hardened resolve will resist the worst of the effects These effects relent after five seconds.

Vosta carries one egg at all time within the grasp of the Crow Laugh and carries the additional two eggs hung on a necklace.

Cloak of Crows
Vosta’s cloak is made of hundreds of feathers harvested from the carrion crow, black in plumage with scarlet and violet dyed tips. The cloak is a rippling shield against assaults, able to deter blows from swords and arrows. While it provides defense, each significant blow will knock feathers loose, so any area attacked once will become vulnerable for further attacks.

Carrion Quills
Vosta carries six quills of the carrion crow on her person, with tips sharpened and further groomed to serve as darts or throwing knives. Without her Sky-Sundering, Vosta can hit a target twenty feet away, and can throw two at once in one hand with no loss to accuracy.
The quills themselves are six inches long, tip and feather included.

Bolas
Vosta carries two bolas at her hip made with hempen rope and polished stones.

The Jarlman
A jagged dagger large enough to be considered a shortsword for the average human. A dark hilt bound in leather with a white blade fashioned from the tooth of a great wyrm. Mundane in nature if not in origin.

Armor

Vosta’s armor consists of a brigandine, boots, and gauntlets. Modest in protection to more complete sets of armor, but beneficial in its own right.

The Storm Eye
Vosta’s right eye is a replacement one made from glass. Initially designed to mimic her real eye, it has contorted due to unknown influence. It allows her to see magic as pulsating auras even if the sources or magic itself is invisible. These auras give hints to the general purpose of the magic, but can be misinterpreted as it lacks specificity.
This eye is blind to all other forms of visual perception.

Other

Lightning’s Lingering Kiss: Vosta’s scar is more than just a visual reminder of her failure on the plains, but a marker to deter any future aggression. The scars are highly sensitive to electrical energy, prickling like an unscratchable itch when the storm’s power hangs in the air and noticeable to humanoids. While Vosta is not any more vulnerable to lightning than the average human in terms of physical damage, the pain she endures from it are thricefold.

Partial Deafness: Vosta is deaf in her right ear.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 13
7/11/2023 22:52:20   
  Starflame13

Another day, another bio! Let's get more!

@Apocalypse - Good to see you here again! Vosta is very specialized in abilities, and very varied in her equipment. My one comment is that she has a lot of options for weapons - perhaps too many. There's the opportunity for good synergy with A Sundered Sky, but unless you're spamming that ability, I have trouble seeing all the weapons get their time in the spotlight. While I'm ok without setting a hard time limit on time between uses of A Sundered Sky so as to not count as "in a row", but be aware of how much you make use of the ability and be sure to factor in stamina drain accordingly.

That said, Vosta is approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 14
7/15/2023 15:32:37   
roseleaf320
Creative!

Name: Eruth, Keeper of the Lost
Pronouns: She/her
Element: Darkness

Appearance: Eruth is a woman of medium height adorned in flowing cloths of white, gold, and black. Her cloths wrap loosely around her head like a hood, obscuring a head of black, braided hair adorned with scattered golden ornaments. Dark skin and pale blue eyes look out from beneath her hood, each gleam of light in the room reflected starkly across her pupils like a mirror. Thin white tattoos streak below her eyes and down her lips and chin. In one hand, she holds an open, tan leather tome with elaborate silver and dark purple engravings, including several upturned crescents. Those of keen sight may notice the shadow that lurks behind her regardless of the lighting, and the patches of darkness that distort and flick around it like butterflies.

Butterflies flutter
Echoes of lives once cherished
Now long forgotten.

Equipment: Under her flowing cloth outerwear, Eruth wears a leather chestplate, gauntlets, and gloves to gain a bit of extra protection. Eruth carries a dagger sheathed in her belt which she proficient with in close-quarters combat, but unable to throw with any accuracy.

Tome of the Lonely: Always open in her left hand, this leather-bound book is filled with entirely blank pages. It is magical, never running out of pages and unable to be damaged save for magical fire. Eruth needs to be holding this journal in order to cast her spells; though she has five pieces of paper she has removed from her journal and kept in a safe, fireproof leather pocket that she may use for her spells should her journal be lost. In order to prevent the journal from falling out of her hand, Eruth has wrapped twine several times around her wrist, palm, and the tome’s spine.

Spells/Abilities:

For to the rest of the world, they are gone forever.
I recite naught but their stories; I conjure naught but their shadows.

Ode to the Lost: Eruth is able to imprint pages of her tome with short memories, in the form of short sentences or poems, of long lost tales and cultures. By reciting a poem in her head, Eruth imprints the words onto a tome page, which then burns away. These memories conjure shadows that Eruth uses as her primary form of attack. Each poem conjures a single shadow- a dark, semi-translucent mass that looks like swirling smoke- within 30 feet of Eruth, whose location, shape, size, and potential path are determined at the time the poem is recited. Shadows may not exceed 3 feet in any dimension and may only spawn in unoccupied space. Once conjured, shadows either stand still or move in a straight line along a predetermined path, if one was given, at approximately the speed of an arrow. There is a brief delay between the original creation of the poem in Eruth’s mind and the tome’s page being fully burnt up; in this time, the air where the shadow will appear becomes visually distorted and feels densely, unnaturally humid. Shadows disappear after six seconds, after hitting/being hit with a solid surface like a shield, sword or floor, or after hitting a living being (whichever happens first).

When a shadow comes into contact with a living being, either through bare skin or through organic materials like cloth or leather, they attack the victim’s senses to cause split-second hallucinations. How these hallucinations affect the victim varies widely, but each hallucination always has something to do with the poem the shadow originated from. Some victims may feel they are an actor in the poem; some may hear Eruth’s whispering voice; others may see or taste a memory from their own past elicited by the poem. These hallucinations only last a split-second before fading entirely; they tend to cause increased fatigue, and may leave the victim confused or alarmed, but have no other lasting effects and do no physical damage.

Only one shadow may be active at a time, including both these shadows and the ones that may be conjured from Torn Page.

Torn Page: Eruth may tear a blank page out of her book and choose to imprint a memory onto that page, instead of the book, while the page is in her right hand. In this case, the page will burn, and the shadow will subsequently spawn in, Eruth’s hand. Instead of a ghostly, incorporeal form, this shadow becomes a solid object for Eruth to wield in her hand that, instead of causing hallucinations, causes moderate physical pain when touching a living being. The shadow disappears after 10 seconds. Eruth has trained for the Championships with a variety of shadows as weapons, but has mastery of none of them; she will perform as an average foot soldier would with anything that she conjures in her hand.

Keeper of the Lost,
Who will keep you
When you are lost, yourself?

Post #: 15
7/15/2023 21:52:40   
nield
Creative!

Name: Tara Kazkegrial

Element: Energy

Race: Blitzien (functionally little different to humans other than visual differences and their ability to manipulate aetheric energies)

Appearance: Tara stands at 4’8” with smooth olive skin. Shoulder-length wild hair flows from her head, red interspersed with streaks of orange and yellow giving the impression of a living flame. Her eyes are copper with 2 concentric gold rings, shining with mischievous light.

Tara is wearing a pair of sturdy, yet still quite flexible leather work pants and a padded long-sleeved shirt. Over these however, she’s wearing an elegant dress, a soft orange at the top that fades into a warm red at the bottom. The hem of the dress comes down to Tara’s knees. Her ensemble is finished off by a pair of dancing shoes.

Equipment: Thermal Grenades: A couple of metallic ellipsoid objects. They hold incredible amounts of thermal energy trapped in an internal core. When Tara twists the ‘grenades’ the containment will break, allowing the thermal energy to follow thermodynamics, quickly heating the objects up to hundreds of degrees celsius and dumping massive amounts of thermal energy into the surroundings. In and of themselves the Thermal Grenades do not cause fire, though they could potentially cause an object with a low ignition temperature to catch alight. Tara has two of these.

Magnetised Coins: A handful of copper coins that Tara has manipulated to be highly magnetic. These coins also serve as electricity attractors. Due to having the same magnetic charge, while these coins will magnetise to most metals they will not magnetise to each other. Tara has seven coins.

Batteries: A handful of small cylinders containing large amounts of electrical energy. Each battery contains enough electrical energy to cause a severe shock, but the amount is less than a lethal discharge. Without an attractor to focus the energy towards, the energy would simply discharge randomly and dissipate into the atmosphere. Tara has seven batteries.

Kyoketsu-shoge: Tara’s main weapon. A wicked double-edged blade with another blade coming off at an angle by the hilt. The hilt is attached to 5m (roughly 16 feet) of rope, at the other end of which is a metal ring. The metal ring and blade of the Kyoketsu-shoge have both been rendered completely non magnetic.

Spare Daggers: Six daggers that Tara has hidden about her person, these are simple blades with little of note other than the fact that they have been rendered non magnetic just like her Kyoketsu-shoge.

Capabilities: Aetheric Energy Manipulation: Like all Blitzien, Tara is capable of manipulating aetheric energies, which is to say energies such as thermal energy, electrical energy, magnetism and radiation, as opposed to physical energies like kinetic energy, potential energy and gravitational energy. Tara needs to be in contact with the source of the energy to be able to affect it.

Energy sense: Tara can sense arthritic energies, using a combination of her five senses. The closer her proximity to an energy source the more accurate her sense will be for how much/little of an energy is in an area.

Dancer’s Flexibility: Years of dancing have given Tara a highly flexible body.

Sleight of Hand: A practised ability to hide and procure items seemingly from thin air.

Final Gambit: Tara’s final card to play. She stretches her abilities to the maximum to send electrical energy surging through her body, increasing her speed, thought speed and reaction time, as well the surging electrical energy will spread into anything she comes into contact with, causing major electric shocks. However her body is incapable of supporting this state, only capable of withstanding it for a few seconds, after which she will collapse, incapable of moving as her nervous system overloads.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
7/15/2023 23:17:58   
  Starflame13

We are entering our FINAL WEEK of sign-ups for this years competition! All new bios must be submitted before 11:59pm ET (AE Server Time) on Saturday, July 22nd!

@roseleaf320 - Well, it's not often I get to say this, but you've actually over-balanced your character to the point you've severely limited what you can do. I do not think the character will be fun in combat as-is, nor do you actually have an option to physically damage your opponents outside of one dagger. The concepts here are very sound - so let's just buff them a bit!

You are welcome to propose alternatives, but my suggestion would be to take Torn Page and make it an actual, physical item. It can look like solid shadow, but it should deal damage to the equivalent of what the physical (mundane) object would be. With the 3 foot limit, this is going to be something on par with a sword, a staff, a teddy bear, etc. I would also suggest that the duration last as long as Eruth holds onto the object, or until she creates another with either Torn Page or Ode to the Lost. That way you don't need to track the exact moment of summoning if you are in a tight exchange.

If you also want to give Ode to the Lost a minor damaging effect - like stinging nettles or similar - that is also acceptable. This ability by itself is very broad and I am excited for the creativity with it. I feel between the single-element limitations and the ease of spotting it that there aren't significant bunnying concerns, but definitely be ready to work with other writers to preserve their ownership of their reactions.

@nield - Why hello! Tara's well solidified as far as her equipment goes, but we need to hammer out some finer details on her abilities - and specifically her racial trait.

Aetheric Energy Manipulation is very powerful and very broad in that it places few limitations on the manipulation of four specific energies and potentially countless others. For starters, limit this to the specific energy types listed only - and please drop radiation from this list. You have no abilities that synergize with it in a clean way, and there's no easy way to build this in to something that would be used in the arenas. From there, there are some general limitations to put on the ability as a whole: Tara should not be able to manipulate more than one type of energy at a time, and there should be some cost of stamina or mana for constant use of the ability.

Breaking down the three remaining types: having unbounded manipulation of three types of energy is too powerful. I would pick two for her to be practiced and proficient at, and let the third either be significantly weaker or only something picked up in Energy Sense. It is up to you how you would like to prioritize these, but there are some guiding questions for how the energy manipulation can be at its most powerful. For thermal, if she's touching the source, is she able to manipulate the thermal energy beyond it? (For example, holding one of the thermal grenades and moving the thermal energy through the air.) If so, this needs a maximum range she can extend beyond the source, and a maximum magnitude that she can shift at once - she should not be able to, say, touch another person and drain them entirely of their thermal energy to leave them unable to move. That puts this range somewhere in the range of the temperature of a human body. For electrical energy, the same question of the ability to extend beyond the source remains - and if so, the same limitations on a maximum range and a maximum magnitude should apply. For magnetism, I'd also like a limit of how large an object this can impact - for example, this shouldn't be something that lets her give such a stark polarity differential to someone in plate armor that one of her coins would repel them across the arena.

Set your energy priorities, set your maximums, and we'll balance the rest of the ability from there. Additionally, make sure however she manipulates thermal energy still stays fully on the element Energy axis, rather than crossing into Fire. Manipulating heat as a form of electricity is acceptable. Manipulating heat by itself with no tie to Energy is toeing the line. Manipulating the heat of a fire is cross-elemental.

As for everything else, I'd also want a range on the Energy Sense and on the full reach of the Thermal Grenades/Batteries if discharged. Thermal Grenades having a temperature of "hundreds of Celsius" is also a bit extreme - severe burns can occur to human skin in less than a second at 80 Celsius, so let's cap this at 100 unless you want to specify non-living objects only. In that case, "hundreds of Celsius" can be in the range of a couple hundred, which is enough to spontaneously combust paper, but not 600+, which is enough to start melting metals.

If you want to increase the duration of Final Gambit slightly as well, since this move basically disables her afterwards, you may do so.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/18/2023 13:24:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 17
7/16/2023 10:46:04   
roseleaf320
Creative!

Take two! Changes made in bold. Your suggestions were a huge help to make sure this character works, so I added them accordingly- Torn Page now creates a physical object and lasts until she lets go of the object, and added a small bit of sting to the Ode shadows so they can actually do something physical.

Name: Eruth, Keeper of the Lost
Pronouns: She/her

Appearance: Eruth is a woman of medium height adorned in flowing cloths of white, gold, and black. Her cloths wrap loosely around her head like a hood, obscuring a head of black, braided hair adorned with scattered golden ornaments. Dark skin and pale blue eyes look out from beneath her hood, each gleam of light in the room reflected starkly across her pupils like a mirror. In one hand, she holds an open, tan leather tome with elaborate silver and dark purple engravings, including several upturned crescents. Those of keen sight may notice the shadow that lurks behind her regardless of the lighting, and the patches of darkness that distort and flick around it like butterflies.

Butterflies flutter
Echoes of lives once cherished
Now long forgotten.

Equipment: Under her flowing cloth outerwear, Eruth wears a leather chestplate, gauntlets, and gloves to gain a bit of extra protection. Eruth carries a dagger sheathed in her belt which she proficient with in close-quarters combat, but unable to throw with any accuracy.

Tome of the Lonely: Always open in her left hand, this leather-bound book is filled with entirely blank pages. It is magical, never running out of pages and unable to be damaged save for magical fire. Eruth needs to be holding this journal in order to cast her spells; though she has five pieces of paper she has removed from her journal and kept in a safe, fireproof leather pocket that she may use for her spells should her journal be lost. In order to prevent the journal from falling out of her hand, Eruth has wrapped twine several times around her wrist, palm, and the tome’s spine.

Spells/Abilities:

For to the rest of the world, they are gone forever.
I recite naught but their stories; I conjure naught but their shadows.

Ode to the Lost: Eruth is able to imprint pages of her tome with short memories, in the form of short sentences or poems, of long lost tales and cultures. By reciting a poem in her head, Eruth imprints the words onto a tome page, which then burns away. These memories conjure shadows that Eruth uses as her primary form of attack. Each poem conjures a single shadow- a dark, semi-translucent mass that looks like swirling smoke- within 30 feet of Eruth, whose location, shape, size, and potential path are determined at the time the poem is recited. Shadows may not exceed 3 feet in any dimension and may only spawn in unoccupied space. Once conjured, shadows either stand still or move in a straight line along a predetermined path, if one was given, at approximately the speed of an arrow. There is a brief delay between the original creation of the poem in Eruth’s mind and the tome’s page being fully burnt up; in this time, the air where the shadow will appear becomes visually distorted and feels densely, unnaturally humid. Shadows disappear after six seconds, after hitting/being hit with a solid surface like a shield, sword or floor, or after hitting a living being (whichever happens first).

When a shadow comes into contact with a living being, either through bare skin or through organic materials like cloth or leather, they inflict a minor stinging feeling, similar to contact with a stinging nettle, and attack the victim’s senses to cause split-second hallucinations. How these hallucinations affect the victim varies widely, but each hallucination always has something to do with the poem the shadow originated from. Some victims may feel they are an actor in the poem; some may hear Eruth’s whispering voice; others may see or taste a memory from their own past elicited by the poem. These hallucinations only last a split-second before fading; they tend to cause increased fatigue, may leave the victim confused or alarmed, and the stinging affect stays for a few seconds after the shadow dissipates.

Only one shadow may be active at a time, including both these shadows and the ones that may be conjured from Torn Page.

Torn Page: Eruth may tear a blank page out of her book and choose to imprint a memory onto that page, instead of the book, while the page is in her right hand. In this case, the page will burn, and the shadow will subsequently spawn in, Eruth’s hand. Instead of a ghostly, incorporeal form, this shadow becomes a solid object for Eruth to wield in her hand that still looks vaguely shadow-like, but functions exactly as a generic form of that object would (i.e. swords would slash like a sword would, hammers would bludgeon, teddy bear would feel fluffy, etc). The shadow stays until Eruth releases it from her hand, and just as with her Ode shadows, Eruth cannot summon any other shadows while one from Torn Page is active. Eruth has trained for the Championships with a variety of shadows as weapons, but has mastery of none of them; she will perform as an average foot soldier would with anything that she conjures in her hand.

Keeper of the Lost,
Who will keep you
When you are lost, yourself?

Post #: 18
7/16/2023 22:52:46   
  Starflame13

6 days remain!

@roseleaf320 - all the updates look good to me, so Approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 19
7/17/2023 20:43:21   
Oddball

“Only in Hope lies salvation.”

Name: Parralia Anita
Alias: Magia Spes

spoiler:

After willingly letting a devil possess her for a short while, she was left with permanent alterations. She is technically half human/half devil

Appearance: Due to the madness that spread through her world, Parralia leans towards wearing baggy, padded clothing for protection. While these give ample protection against small, sharp objects and the like, they’re useless against anything remotely more powerful (Like ballistics, large blunt objects, etc) She typically wears a pair of combat boots with thick, thermal socks, but will occasionally just wear a pair of old, tattered trainers if she knows that she’s not going to be in any real danger.

Parralia stands at roughly 5’9”, with short, black hair and has a pair of goggles that double as a sleep mask permanently affixed to the top of her head. She has a pair of dark-Green eyes that, upon close inspection, appear to have a strange, faint Red tint to them.

While transformed, Parralia’s hair lengthens down to her shoulders, while its colour brightens to a light brown. Her eyes undergo a similar change, turning to a dark Red.
In this form, Parralia sheds her padded clothing and replaces it with a long, poofy black dress that, despite its size, doesn’t appear to negatively affect how she performs in combat. Her boots are replaced with 4-inch tall heels, that she subtly uses a small amount of magic on so that she can keep her balance.

Personality: Even with her world being in the state that it is, Parralia still tries to remain friendly to those she meets in her travels, and always shows respect to them. She is just a cheerful, friendly person who wants to bring hope to those who have thought it lost forever.

Equipment:

Hope’s Eternal Bangle: On her person, Parralia carries a small onyx-encrusted bracelet which appears to be made of a strange dark metal. This bracelet is her transformation tool, and it must remain within 5 feet of her, or her transformation is instantly nullified. While transformed, this bracelet spreads out over her wrist and hand, becoming a half-gauntlet of sorts. In this state, Parralia typically tends to use it to defend against stronger attacks, as she is confident in the bracelet’s sturdiness.

“Blossoming Starlight”: A 4.5ft long battleaxe that doubles as Parralia’s magical staff. Between the two axe-head’s tops lies a small, sturdy crystal that radiates a light demonic energy. Other than the crystal, there doesn’t seem to be anything that would set this weapon apart from a regular battleaxe.

While she can cast spells without use of this crystal, their effectiveness is cut in half, so she takes extra precautions in making sure this crystal stays safe.
In the case of the gem being destroyed, Parralia will lose access to all but one of her spells, that being her very basic one.

Abilities:

Peak physical condition: As a star athlete turned magical girl, Parralia is no stranger to putting her body through long periods of gruelling exercise without rest. While she may not be the fastest, she still sits above average, and she seems to have no troubles with wielding her weapon efficiently.

Magic:

As a magical girl, Parralia has access to a wide variety of spells. However, due to the nature of how she obtained her powers, she is not able to access all of them at a time, and overuse of her magic may lead to unwanted consequences.

Thanks to situations surrounding her acquisition of her magic, Parralia focuses on Shadow-related magics, as it’s what she has the highest affinity to and thus the least taxing on her mind and body.
Those of keen eyes may notice that, while casting spells, Parralia’s own shadow seems to ebb and flow, as if she were using it as a battery for her spells.

Shadowbolt: A straight shot of solid shadow that travels at a similar pace to a crossbow bolt. This spell isn’t made for damaging others, and is more used as a way for Parralia to try and force opponents into directions that she wants them to move in. If this spell does impact another living being, it dissipates on hit only causing very minor damage.

Veil of Shadow: A defensive magic that covers a small area close to where Parralia is in a dense fog. Visibility in this fog is reduced drastically, and those who wind up caught in the fog for long enough (over 3 seconds) will find themselves moving a little more sluggish than usual. Parralia herself is not immune to these effects, but they are reduced if affecting her, and she can only cast this spell once every 6 seconds.

Floating Shadow: 3 Blade Technique: Upon casting this spell (she dislikes its name) a set of three different swords made of shadow that float alongside Parralia. One at her left, one at her right, and one that floats behind her back. These swords can be used to strike in tandem with her axe, or sent forth to attack an enemy at range. When used this way, each sword will disappear after two strikes, and Parralia cannot summon another again for 12 seconds.

She can use these weapons in an alternative way. By reaching out and grabbing one, it takes a physical form in her hands. While these weapons are incapable of interacting with living beings, the same cannot be said about the shadows of said beings. If Parralia manages to stab one of these weapons into anothers’ shadow, they will be pinned to that location for a period of one second.

However, once used like this, Parralia is incapable of summoning that sword again until combat has stopped, and she de-transforms.

Magia Despero:

spoiler:

If Parralia were to fall into despair, she runs the risk of allowing the demonic energy residing inside of her to fully take control of her body. Following this, she undergoes a harrowing transformation, staining her hair and dress red while removing the colour from her eyes. Like this, her movements become jerky and erratic, and her attacks lose any semblance of efficiency that she would show before.
Her axe is tossed to the side, and she wields the blades of shadow created from her magic as physical weapons. While in this state, they lose the ability to interact with shadows, but are now capable of harming living beings. This state lasts until Parralia is either knocked unconscious, or she is able to escape her own mental prison. If this option is ever reached, she de-transforms and returns to her regular human form, losing all memories of what transpired in the process.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
7/17/2023 23:36:50   
  Starflame13

5 days remain!

@Oddball - why, hello! I'll admit to not being overly familiar with magical girls as a genre, so there will definitely be a few clarification questions on that aspect as well as some minor balancing to go through. Let's get started!

First, Parralia's transformation from Parralia Anita to Magia Spes - or, from normal human to magical girl. How exactly does this transformation happen? You mention that she requires Hope's Eternal Bangle, but how long is the process and what does that look like - and, on the reverse side, what can cause her to drop her transformation outside of losing Hope's Eternal Bangle? I'm assuming that she can only cast her magic while transformed and her crystal is "active", does Blossoming Starlight appear during the transformation, or does she carry that as a normal human as well? (Either are fine - although I might recommend the latter so that she has a weapon on hand if she gets knocked out of her transformation!)

For her magic, you mention that there is risk with overuse, and I love the imagery of her own shadow being her battery, but you don't define how much power each of the spells take. This is also important in context of Blossoming Starlight - since you mention she can cast her most basic spell without the crystal, but don't list which one it is! Let's give a rough scale for the spells. We don't need hard numbers, but something like "a basic spell", "a moderately powerful spell," etc. can be used to align with how much magic is used.

Looking at the spells specifically, I have a slight concern about her ability to fill an entire arena with Veil of Shadow over time. Is there a timed duration on this spell, or does it disperse naturally over a long period of time? In the case of the latter, my instinct is to make it such that only one Veil can be active at a time, but there are other ways here to balance duration of the spell verses how much area the cumulative spells cover.

Now, Floating Shadow. 3 blades, with 2 attacks each, and a 12 second cool down to re-summon each sword results in a constant cycle of shadow blades. I would lean towards this being her spell that costs the most magic, and also limit how often she can resummon swords. For example, the 12 second counter to resummon the blades only starts after the last of the 3 swords vanishes. The more availability you have for her blades, the weaker the attacks need to be - being able to strike with all 3 in tandem, PLUS her axe if she's wielding it, is a lot in a single attack. I'd drop this to being able to control 2 at any point in time, counting one that she may have in her hands. If you scale up the ability to re-summon blades, scale this back to 1 at a time.

I will reach out to you directly via PMs to discuss anything in spoilers. Looking forward to version 2!

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 21
7/17/2023 23:37:50   
Dronier Ravelin

"The sky, the earth, the dead... All things grow cold in the end."

Name / Title: Kastug, Warrior of the Northlands

Element: Ice

Age Range: Equivalent to Human Mid Thirties

Race: Part-Frost Giant Human

Appearance:

To the average human, Kastug is a hulking beast. Towering over at nearly eight feet tall, he stands as a mountain of muscle, sinew, and tough flesh. Scar tissue from years of battle coat his body, blending into the ice-blue tint to his pale skin. Long, silver hair flows down to just past his shoulders, its length matched by a rugged beard. Piercing blue eyes trapped in a perpetual scowl glare down at those below, and a crooked nose damaged and healed time and time again forms the centerpiece of his face. Flowing across all lengths of his body is an intricate stream of pulsing blue-white light, almost resembling veins.

His outfit is equally bestial, formed from the skinned and tanned hides of many furred beasts. The head and maw of a polar bear forms headwear for the mountain man, paws resting on his shoulders as the back of the once mighty beast forms a cloak. Pelts of moose, elk, wolves and more form the rest of his garb, bound into place with hardy leather and studded with forged and engraved plates of steel colored with a blue tint.

Equipment:

Armor of the Bear - Kastug's armor is more than just a mundane bundle of skin and metals, imbued within is the power of mighty bear-spirits, Kastug can summon bursts of additional strength and toughness by appealing to the spirits, enhancing his already impressive might and durability in critical moments. Bear spirits are often stubborn, however, and will only lend their aid in the most dire of moments.

Horn of the Mountain - An alehorn dangling at his hip, Kastug carries a special alchemical brew made by the shamans of his homeland. Designed for a single grave emergency, drinking the contents of the horn will allow the drinker's body to ignore the pain and hindrance of sustained wounds for a time. However, their mind will be overcome with an intense fighting instinct, driving them to attack their target to the detriment of all else.

Skills, Spells, & Special Abilities:

Frost Giant Ancestry - Thanks to the icy blood flowing in his veins, Kastug has significantly increased strength and durability compared to the average human, able to lift and throw grown warriors with his bare hands, and bear wounds that would stop lesser beings in their tracks. This extends to biting cold, Kastug's body naturally acclimated to even the most extreme chills. However hot and humid weather is an active hindrance, slowing him down, sapping him of his strength and draining him of his energy.

Ice Forging- Channeling his connection to the powers of his people, Kastug can form objects made of magically-enhanced ice connected to his hands. Primarily used to form weapons and shields, with enough focus most anything can be formed. However, the objects must remain in contact with Kastug, or they will shatter and return to the world.

Voice of the Cold - Harnessing his energies into one point in his body, Kastug can let out a bellowing cry, his voice propelling a torrent of icy shards at his target, piercing like needle darts into whatever lay before them.

Might of the Northlands - By focusing his strength and power, Kastug can slam his fist or foot into the ground, causing not only the rumbling of an earthquake, but also a line of sharp, jagged ice shards to shoot up from below the ground, the line stretching about five feet forward across the ground and the shards stabbing into anything standing above them.

Personality / Backstory:

Kastug hails from frozen tundras and chilling mountains in the far north, a desolate land where only the fierce and strong survive. Born with the chilled blood of a mighty frost giant within him, Kastug was revered by his tribal kin as a champion of their ways, destined to be raised as a mighty warrior.

Trained in the ways of channeling the cold and ice around them by the shamans of his people, and mastering the brutal arts of hunting and combat with their warriors, he stood tall as their promising pride and joy. The entire tribe watched the day of his final trial, where he stepped out into the cold snow with nothing but the hardy body of his ancestors and grim determination, tasked to survive for an entire week before returning.

None in the tribe saw him in that time, even the most skilled scouts and trackers simply found the remains of his prey and the snow-buried chars of campfires. Upon his return, he was heralded by cheers that echoed throughout the mountains, as he stomped into the village dragging a skinned bear behind him, the beast's hide adorning him like a crown and cloak, a large axe made of pure ice held in one hand. He hoisted the axe with a mighty bellow, returning the cheers of his people, with the bear serving as his ascension feast and forming the center of the armor he now wears.

Contrary to his hostile appearance and aggressive fighting style, Kastug is a silent, cold individual, rarely responding to anything with more than a simple grunt, and focusing in on the environment around him. While his anger can grow mighty, it builds slowly, many frustrations rolling off of him like a stone down a mountain, but gather enough of those stones and he'll strike with the force of an avalanche.
Post #: 22
7/18/2023 11:28:20   
ChaosRipjaw
How We Roll Winner
Jun15

Name: Meng Chiyi
Title: Bride of Agony
Age range: 50s

Appearance: Meng Chiyi was once a woman of great beauty, though that was a long time ago. Perhaps she still is, though if you were to see her now, you would likely be as horrified as you were mesmerized.

Chiyi has long white hair tied in a high messy bun as is customary for women of the Eastern Realms, though it also falls down against her back. Notably, her eyelashes and eyebrows are also white, lending her a ghostly or perhaps even demonic appearance. Despite this, her pale skin is smooth and unmarred.

Around her shoulders she dons a thick and tattered blood-red cloak, tied in place with cords. Below this she wears simple white and red hanfu tied in place with a cloth belt, though it has faded over time. The hanfu’s sleeves are hewn off, leaving her right arm bare.

Her left arm, meanwhile, is entirely missing, a product of a terrible injury from long ago. Cut off at the shoulder in a shoulder disarticulation cut, where her left arm used to be is merely flesh riddled with faded scars.

Equipment:

Headhuntress’s Torment: On her back Chiyi carries what can only be described as a greatsword. Indeed, while the Torment’s general build resembles the slightly curved katanas of the Eastern Realms, its size and width make it more adequate to describe as a cleaver. It is about as long as a zweihander and just as thick. The Torment’s blade is single edged.

Chiyi carries the Headhuntress’s Torment in a special strap on her back, letting her pull it out and put it back with ease. Beyond its name and size, it is an ordinary sword of metal.

Pouch of Super Spicy Wrathberries: Chiyi carries a pouch of wrathberries on her hip at all times, and is often found chewing on one. Wrathberries have searing spiciness that most people cannot stomach, though one can develop an acquired taste. Despite being called “berries”, wrathberries are more akin to stone fruits, possessing an extremely hard, inner seed like a date.

Chiyi is usually chewing on one wrathberry at any given time.

Skills:

Heavy Greatswordplay: As she is missing an arm, she cannot wield the Torment sword effectively. Due to its weight and length, both hands are required to execute any even slightly complicated techniques. Thus, Chiyi relies on simple swings and stabs, using strength built up in her remaining arm over time. To compensate for the wide, powerful swings of the Torment and potential vulnerability it leaves her in, she will utilize all manner of techniques including kicks, footwork, and even releasing the Torment to free up her hand and drop off weight for maneuverability.

Chiyi’s one remaining arm is significantly stronger than that of a swordswoman of similar build, though of course she would be outclassed by beings larger and stronger than she is by default.

The Fool Who Spits On Gods: Chiyi is often seen munching on a wrathberry, seemingly oblivious to the spiciness. At any given moment however, she may spit out the seed at terrifying velocities and with equally terrifying aim. The stone-like seed bruises exposed flesh and can do great damage if it were to hit a vital point, such as the throat, temples, eyes, or teeth. Unfortunately, armor mitigates its impact as does distance, though she can spit it at a considerable distance akin to a slingshot.

It also takes her more than a few seconds to actually chew on a wrathberry to bring it to just a seed, as any remaining flesh on it drastically interferes with its flight pattern. (Not to mention Chiyi thinks spitting out half-chewed food is nasty.)

And Hell Hath No Fury: Despite her ghostly outward appearance, Chiyi harbors a simmering rage that has very real physical consequences. Her inner rage manifests as a passive aura in her immediate vicinity that repels illusions and other tricks of the mind, while also providing the fuel or willpower for her to endure the pain of injuries. Albeit, most of these effects are psychological and do not truly ascend her to any superhuman levels; she is still mortal like any other. Outside observers may feel somewhat uncomfortable being near her but it has no other effects on beings.

Spells:

Of course, just because inner rage simmers within doesn’t mean it can’t explode outwards sometimes.

It requires several seconds between each Finger technique’s use, as otherwise her fingers would combust. Increasing “Fingers” scales with downtime, and each Finger technique’s downtime stacks on the other (e.g. she cannot use Three Fingers immediately after Two Fingers, she must wait out Two Fingers’ downtime).

Two Fingers (Erzhi): Chiyi swipes with two fingers like an eagle’s claw, leaving two trails of fire in the air for a split second before they vanish.

Alternatively, in a close up encounter she may use this to grapple with an opponent (which may or may not be a mistake considering she has no other arm to take advantage of this). When Two Fingers make contact, they may scorch and even melt straight through armor, burrowing into flesh. However, it cauterizes flesh and the burning stops immediately the moment her grip is released.

Three Fingers (Sanzhi): Chiyi ignites the air in front of her, the force of it forcing her to leap back. Three intersecting lines of fire flare up, creating a kind of shield that can nullify a few magical attacks for a few seconds before automatically extinguishing. Physical attacks can still power through this “shield” as it is simply fire hanging in the air, though of course the fact it is fire is another problem.

Four Fingers (Shizhi): Chiyi grips her Torment, sending a stream of fire onto its blade. Her next swing leaves a trail of fire in its wake. If scraped along the ground, the fire trail will snake toward the nearest target, going only a very short distance before extinguishing.

In all of the Finger techniques, the fires of rage burn out quickly once it leaves its wielder, only briefly scorching whoever it hits.

One Breath (Yihu): The only technique that she doesn’t have to release the Torment for. She may choose instead of spitting the seed to crunch into it hard while inhaling, releasing their potent poison and letting her unleash a blast of fire out of her mouth. This fiery blast travels forth in a short wave, about five paces away.

The fire of the wrathberries behaves as any other kind of fire, with the added effect that due to being created from berry juices, it will leave poisonous stains on whatever it hits. These berry stains can be wiped or scraped off, leaving tingling aches behind where they hit exposed flesh.

If Chiyi is interrupted from unleashing the fire blast in any way (which must be done almost immediately upon biting on the seed), she might end up accidentally swallowing her own poison-mixed spit; an overall unpleasant and nauseating sensation. Another wrathberry will ease such nausea, but she would not be biting down on another seed any time soon without risking dislodging a molar or two.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 23
7/18/2023 12:48:48   
JhyShy

“PLEASE I AM UTTERLY BEGGING YOU PLEASE JUST SURRENDER PLEASE”
- "Ryan" moments before having his face caved in

Source Setting: Adventure Quest

Name: Ryan Simon (Not his real name actually)
Age Range: 18-27
Race (Pure or halfbreed only): Human Dracopyre

Appearance (Build, hair, skin, clothes...): Usually seen wearing the Mark of Wrath armor, due to the armor, his left arm is usually seen with a dragon arm with 4 large fingers along with green hair and a stone mask with a flower for their right eye as their face. His height is 5 '10 and his build is muscular but lean, always looks very sad. As a dracopyre they are associated with the dracopyres of the night, therefore they look like a shorter and smaller version of Nightbane. They have spikes growing out of their backs and at their cheeks, large bat-like ears, and a large tail. Properties unique to him however is the fact he has wings like nightbane, tougher scales at their whole chest and belly, 5 fingers instead of 4, and much bigger muscles.

Belongings:
The Mark of Wrath armor - It is regular battle gear “blessed” with durability that is also protected in certain parts by the dragon Entropy's scales. Notably, the shins, the shoulders, the whole chest and the whole left arm along with his right forearm. While the cape might look normal, it is in fact used as a weapon and a defensive tool. When attacking it can be used as an additional hit and when defending it can be used to shield him from projectile and close combat attacks. It is not however malleable or controllable via the mind of the user, it works and functions like a cape but with extra properties. Where this armor shines however are the tricks and troubles it can enable…

Angra Linorm - A floating shrine or totem by his side. It symbolizes and is filled with grief and sorrow. It’s appearance is that of a cement statue of a dragon holding a large piece of cement. While it is not a weapon by itself it empowers his physical attacks, projectiles are only half boosted (I.E they don’t hurt as much as they would be fully boosted), spells are not considered and so are attacks that do not physically harm the opponent. While it empowers him, it makes him even more tired and exhausted as being filled with negative emotions all the time is bound to make one exhausted.

Personality:
His personality be like this

History:
History? More like HIS story

Skills, spells and abilities (if applicable):

Strengths-
Proficient Swordsman - While not yet a master, they are no novice. With being the Chosen in his dimension he is subjected to multiple world threatening or life threatening events. So while not the best, it would be your fall if you underestimate his swordsmanship.

Competent Hand to hand combatant - While his hand to hand combat isn’t as good as his swordsmanship they shouldn’t be underestimated, especially considering they are a dirty fighter, blinding opponents, going for weak spots, targeting the head multiple times. They are a novice at using their fists as they lack a real technique and a true fighting style, they are however at their best when using the claws provided by the mark of wrath armor, what they lack in technique they make up for in speed and sheer lethality. He often uses it to claw opponents into submission or having a grappling advantage. He is less of a boxer and more a grappler and wrestler, coupled with his tendency to fight dirty. You have yourself the perfect dirty fighter.

Warrior Training - As he is a warrior, he has been trained to utilize his strength and endurance to it’s fullest potential, while he does not utilize it to it's fullest potential.

Stone Mask - With the stone mask, they have an enhanced sense utilizing the wind for directions and can see through earthly materials to spot hiding opponents. They still have both visions and the flower acts as if it’s a normal eye, it however does not have the durability of a regular eye and can easily be plucked out, if plucked out it can grow back but it will be akin to actually losing an eyeball, so while it grows back the user will be in a tremendous amount of pain.

Weaknesses-
Improv master - He does not have any formal training, to be frank, he’s only survived this long by his sheer determination to keep living and keep fighting. Therefore his go to “fighting style” is akin to mashing buttons in a fighting game and hoping you win. That is why they prefer claws and claw-like attacks, so they can wildly swing around their arms in any direction and still pose a threat. So while unpredictable for a while, any skilled fighter that has lasted long enough in the fight can see the repeated attacks.

Generalist Elementalist - Truth be told, they are only competing in this tournament in the name of the wind lord to gain their favor as they are trying to gain the favor of all the elemental lords and the wind lord won’t budge. But day to day they are a generalist, they don’t favor any element to a heavy degree and they don’t specialize in any elements. To be quite frank, they're still a beginner when it comes to utilizing the wind element. Which is to say complex spells, structures, techniques won’t be expected in this tournament when it comes to him.

Reliance on equipment - As a generalist, they’re greatest strength is the ability to tap into multiple fields, he is no exception. But as he is not a spellcaster or magical specialist, he is reliant on his strength and most importantly, his equipment. He carries a variety of swords, armors and shields, but as he is limited to only one armor and he is not carrying a sword or any kind of weapon right now, he will not be at his best, even worse, get strip him of his armor and his weapon in this tournament and he will be near defenseless against any skillful combatant.

Lack of area of effect attacks - His attacks are all towards one individual at a time, therefore if he is ganged or teamed up on, he is in bigger trouble.

Indecisiveness - He is indecisive towards his next move and can often be paralyzed in his time to make a choice.

Energy draining abilities - As he utilizes his equipment enchantments, particularly that of the Mark of Wrath, the longer the fight drags he’ll get more and more tired and exhausted.

Abilities-
Revolting distaste - A passive effect where as he wears this armor, his anger and hatred slowly rises and revolts against his clear judgement and thinking, making his attacks stronger but less accurate. His battle tactics become more and more berserk and savage. This effect is mitigated via Consuming Hate and Rising Wrath

Consuming Hate- With this ability, he is able to imbue his attacks with wind. Though, they do sacrifice some damage to inflict onto his opponent a consuming hatred, with this his opponents are consumed by their hatred their attacks are less likely to hit and they are more open to attacks. This effect does not last forever, any mentally stable individual or strong willed individual can and will have a high chance of breaking free from consuming hatred. This effect can only be done if the individual is hit and it cannot be applied via any area of effect attacks. With this attack Revolting distaste is mitigated by passing the anger and hatred onto others.

Rising Wrath - With this ability, several green sharp winds come from the ground and he taps into his inner hatred, due to this, the attack is powerful but not accurate and is susceptible to missing, not only that they have to touch the ground then raise their hands toward the direction, first to infuse the hating wind into the ground then next to direct it towards the target, this attack has a very short range and only four winds bursts out the ground. With this attack Revolting distaste is mitigated by weaponizing the emotions but not passing them onto someone else.

Desolate Reckoning - With this ability, he utilizes all of his anger and hatred and the hate and anger that he passed onto his opponents and materializes it into a small meteor above him. This is all possible via the armor’s enchantments not because he knows how to do it himself. With this, the effects of consuming hate to anyone who has been applied it will be cleansed. However after firing this attack he will unleash all the anger that has peaked rendering him in a berserk like state, his attacks are not accurate but will very much hurt you when hit by them. The more anger absorbed the stronger the meteor deals and longer the berserk state lasts. The meteor itself however has a small area of effect, small blast radius, anyone past 5 meters of the attack is safe.
Post #: 24
7/18/2023 21:30:23   
nield
Creative!

Name: Tara Kazkegrial

Element: Energy

Race: Blitzien (functionally little different to humans other than visual differences and their ability to manipulate aetheric energies)

Appearance: Tara stands at 4’8” with smooth olive skin. Shoulder-length wild hair flows from her head, red interspersed with streaks of orange and yellow giving the impression of a living flame. Her eyes are copper with 2 concentric gold rings, shining with mischievous light.

Tara is wearing a pair of sturdy, yet still quite flexible leather work pants and a padded long-sleeved shirt. Over these however, she’s wearing an elegant dress, a soft orange at the top that fades into a warm red at the bottom. The hem of the dress comes down to Tara’s knees. Her ensemble is finished off by a pair of dancing shoes.

Equipment: Thermal Grenades: A couple of metallic ellipsoid objects. They hold incredible amounts of thermal energy trapped in an internal core. When Tara twists the ‘grenades’ the containment will break, allowing the thermal energy to follow thermodynamics, quickly heating the objects up to 100 degrees celsius and dumping large amounts of thermal energy into the surrounding couple metres. In and of themselves the Thermal Grenades do not cause fire, though they could potentially cause an object with a low ignition temperature to catch alight. Tara has two of these.

Magnetised Coins: A handful of copper coins that have been manipulated to be highly magnetic. These coins also serve as electricity attractors. Due to having the same magnetic charge, while these coins will magnetise to most metals they will not magnetise to each other. While these coins will magnetise to most metals, that force of attraction is not overly high, being easily removed by an ordinary human, though with a fair amount of effort expended. Tara has seven coins.

Batteries: A handful of small cylinders containing large amounts of electrical energy. Each battery contains enough electrical energy to cause a severe shock, but the amount is less than a lethal discharge. Without an attractor to focus the energy towards, the energy would simply discharge randomly and dissipate into the atmosphere. The energy in the batteries can be directed to an attractor so long as it’s not more than 7-8 metres (25 feet) away. Tara has seven batteries.

Kyoketsu-shoge: Tara’s main weapon. A wicked double-edged blade with another blade coming off at an angle by the hilt. The hilt is attached to 5m (roughly 16 feet) of rope, at the other end of which is a metal ring. The metal ring and blades of the Kyoketsu-shoge have been rendered completely non magnetic.

Spare Daggers: Six daggers that Tara has hidden about her person, these are simple blades with little of note other than the fact that they have been rendered non magnetic just like her Kyoketsu-shoge.

Capabilities: Aetheric Energy Manipulation: Like all Blitzien, Tara is capable of manipulating aetheric energies, which is to say energies such as thermal energy, electrical energy, magnetism and radiation, as opposed to physical energies like kinetic energy, potential energy and gravitational energy. Tara needs to be in contact with the source of the energy to be able to affect it.

Tara’s skill in manipulating different energies depends on how much experience she has with them; with energies she’s never encountered before she cannot manipulate them at all until she’s spent a few days learning their eccentricities. Tara has the most experience and consequently skill with electrical, followed by thermal and finally magnetic energy, with no skill regarding other aetheric energies. Tara is far more capable of manipulating the energies of inanimate objects than people

Energy sense: Tara can sense arthritic energies, using a combination of her five senses. The closer her proximity to an energy source the more accurate her sense will be for how much/little of an energy is in an area. Tara’s Energy Sense only works up to 20 metres away at the most, at which range leaves her with only a general sense of what energies exist at that location.

Dancer’s Flexibility: Years of dancing have given Tara a highly flexible body.

Sleight of Hand: A practised ability to hide and procure items seemingly from thin air.

Final Gambit: Tara’s final card to play. She stretches her abilities to the maximum to send electrical energy surging through her body, increasing her speed, thought speed and reaction time, as well the surging electrical energy will spread into anything she comes into contact with, causing major electric shocks. However her body is incapable of supporting this state, only capable of withstanding it for about ten seconds, after which she will collapse, incapable of moving as her nervous system overloads.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/18/2023 22:56:54 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> =Elemental Championships 2023= OOC & Tournament Signups
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition