Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =Elemental Championships 2023= OOC & Tournament Signups

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2023= OOC & Tournament Signups
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/18/2023 22:38:26   
  Starflame13

4 days remain!

@Dronier Ravelin - Welcome to the Championships! Kastug is a very well rounded bio on the whole. I have a couple points where I'd like some additional detailing, but everything is balanced well.

First, there's no reference to any type of mana or stamina type resource for Kastug to use for channeling his energies for Ice Forging, Voice of the Cold, and Might of the Northlands. All of these are individually balanced well, but in order to avoid spamming any ability, let's add in some type of resource drain for constant use of them. In addition, I made the assumption that while Horn of the Mountain is active, Kastug is so focused on fighting that he would lack the focus to use those abilities. It's perfectly fine if that assumption is incorrect, but if you'd like to keep the special abilities while in berserker mode, I would either limit their effectiveness, or set a definite (and shorter) time limit on how long the berserker mode lasts.

Second, for Ice Forging in particular, I would also like you to include some sort of reference to time required for forging. For example, a single moment of intense focus should not be enough to form a Kastug-sized tower shield - and anything significantly larger than that should be beyond the feasibility of forging while in an active battlefield.

Get a new bio up with those additions and we should be good to go!

@ChaosRipJaw - Good to see you back in the events! Chiyi is very well thought through, and I can see the attention given to balancing her fire abilities. Very curious to see how her one-armed wielding of a Greatsword balances out. Approved!

@JhyShy - Hello and welcome! Ryan has a lot of detail thrown a little bit of everywhere, so let's spend this first round cleaning things up and narrowing the focus, and then see what's left to be balanced afterwards. As a general note, it looks like you're following an older template for the character bios - please grab the template from the top of this thread and organizing your ideas in that manner. Additionally, while the memes are amusing, please remove all irrelevant hyperlinks.

My first general concern is that Ryan is currently going against Rule #2: Do not use cross-element powers. This is specifically done using Desolate Reckoning, so we will need to remove the meteor, but being something like a Generalist Elementalist goes against the nature of the Elemental Championships. Remember, "Your character is competing for the favor of a single Elemental Lord in the preliminaries, and against the chosen of the other elemental Paragons in the Finals for the reward of a boon from your Lord." There needs to be a specific reason that Ryan is able to enter for Wind. Two paths I see from your bio would be either that's he's currently only limited to his Wind abilities due to the Lord's displeasure and needs to please them to remove the curse, or he has specifically learned Wind abilities to find a way to draw the attention of that Lord. You may feel free to find a different solution, but do remove this section from the bio - you are competing for Wind, and Wind alone.

My second general comment is there is a lot of unnecessary information in this bio. Things like Warrior Training, Reliance on Equipment, Lack of Area of Effect Attacks, and Indecisiveness may do great at explain why Ryan acts as a certain way in character, but they don't actually set physical limits on how Ryan must act. The bio is for specific, defined limitations that are set due to either capabilities or available equipment, not due to choices. Remove these from the bio, as well as other extra details if you run into them, and focus on what Ryan actually has with him in the moment.

Now, moving on to the specifics - starting with the Race. While I'm perfectly happing with having a unique or blend of races, please clarify any specific racial traits. Do not assume that everyone has background AQ knowledge and knows exactly what is unique about Dracopyres. If Ryan has difference in speed and strength as compared to a human thanks to his heritage, has racial traits like damage immunities/weaknesses or things such as darkvision, or something that might impact his ability to be injured and ease of recovery, that should be included in the Race section. Anything NOT specified here will be assumed to be a match with humans.

Looking at Ryan's appearance - while I appreciate the link for the image, make sure that any key details like armor color and eye color outside the mask are also listed. Additionally, while I am aware the Nightbane is a Dracopyre - this is again assuming AQ specific knowledge. Remove the reference and add any specific details it's meant to cover, like the existence/color of fur, scales, fangs, etc. (An example of extra info here is saying "the dragon arm typically has 4 large fingers" and then later specifying that "Ryan actually has 5" - start with what Ryan has from the beginning!)

Going to the Belongs - for the Mark of Wrath armor, let's again add details. Specify how tough the scales are in comparison to more typical materials like steel or leather and what material the remaining parts of the armor is made up of. Additionally, I'd like some explanation of how the cape is capable of functioning as a weapon/shield - a standard cape can be used to swipe at people as a distraction or tangle up projectiles. Is this cape a solid sheet or different in some other manner? If not, we don't need to know it can be used as a cape because, well, we know it's a cape!

Now for Angra Linorm - I'm assuming that the shrine simply floats after Ryan at Ryan's own movement pace without his intentional commanding it and performs no other actions beyond its aura to strengthen him. Let's put a limit that the totem must be in arm's reach in order to empower Ryan, since people in the arena will likely try to knock it away or trap it. Additionally, as cement is breakable, does anything unique happen if the Totem is destroyed?

Moving on to abilities: you mention that Ryan is a proficient swordsman, but he doesn't wield a sword! I'd suggest giving him one and adding it to the belongings section, otherwise there's no point telling us it's one of his best skills if he's only going to be doing hand-to-hand combat. With everything else going on with the claws and abilities though, I'd stick to a mundane sword. If you want to include his focus on strength and endurance from his training to either this or to the Hand-to-Hand section, that would be the right place to include it as that limits his fighting style.

Now, for the Stone Mask. While it initially states it's using the wind for directions, it then follows this up with the ability to see through earthly materials - which would be an Earth ability. Let's remove the stone-sight and pulls this back fully into the Wind ability - my suggestion being he can see disturbed wind currents when he focuses, so he can tell if someone is moving behind something, like seeing a trail of their movement.

And finally, the spells! I like the concept of using Ryan's emotions themselves as the magic source for these, although I'd suggest having the Revolting Distaste be a passive effect tided to the mask specifically - that way, he has the option to remove it if he desperately needs clarity. Note that removing it should not remove any acquired anger and hatred, merely stop the accumulation of them.

For Consuming Hate, the way this is worded verges dangerously close to "bunnying", or dictating what another writer must make their character do. The way to avoid this is to include ways to dodge a physical attack, resist a mental attack, and break free from the mental trap. Let's further define the attack to clarify it is specifically a claw attack (or a sword, if you add one), imbued with wind to make it slice more easily. If there is physical connection, then the target feels the hatred slice similarly through their mind. Someone with an unusually high resilience against hatred would not be effected. All others, the hatred would get weaker over time - such that someone strong willed could break free after a few seconds, while it might take longer for someone more weaker-willed without an extenuating circumstance or distraction. This way, there's a maximum limit of the hatred - and even someone with no mental defenses would eventually run out of it.

For Rising Wrath, I'm assuming that "sharp winds" are the equivalent of temporary wind blades - and that this requires two movements for Ryan to direct, first by pulling them out of the ground and second by directing them towards the target. Try to condense/simplify how this is worded to make this more obvious.

Lastly, Desolate Reckoning. As mentioned before, this is a Cross-Elemental ability with Earth, so no meteors for the Wind Entrant. That said, there's a very strong imagery here for invoking a cyclone or a whirlwind, so my suggestion would be to go that direction. All the hatred and anger stored gets channeled into the whirlwind, strong enough to push around a full-grown adult and maybe send a child flying, with the maximum radius being 5 meters (16 feet). The whirlwind is centered at the point Ryan calls for it, and ends either when it runs out of hatred (so it would slowly shrink over the next 15 seconds or so if it started at maximum capacity), or when Ryan exits its bounds. Since this would fully utilize all of Ryan's distaste, it should take significant time for him to generate enough to cast this spell again.

On the whole, this is a very fun concept! Try to narrow things down and mention only what is necessary, and come back soon with a new post for round 2!

@nield - Thank you for providing further details on the equipment and for limiting (and prioritizing) the aetheric energies! That said, I don't think you addressed all of my concerns with aetheric energy manipulation, particularly the maximum ranges beyond the source and the magnitude of the manipulation.

Are the numbers given for the various equipment (15 meters with enough magnitude energy for a severe shock for electrical energy, a couple meters with 100 degrees Celsius for thermal energy, and specifically impacting her coins/ferrous metal on hand of that size for magnetic energy) meant to also serve as her limits? If so, please post confirmation here. If not, I need specific definitions on the limits of where she can reach with these abilities, and the magnitude she can manipulate. If my assumption is wrong and she can ONLY manipulate the energies within the boundaries of a single object, please post to confirm that as well.

Regardless of the above, I would like to drop the range of the batteries - 15 meters is halfway across the arena. For an unguided bolt this is fine, but not for what is the equivalent of a honing missile. I'd drop this in half to around the 7-8m (25 feet) range).

Either give me a confirmation or clarification of the above, and I will edit in the range change, OR give me a new post with the limitations of aetheric energy manipulation clearly defined.

< Message edited by Starflame13 -- 7/18/2023 22:59:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 26
7/18/2023 22:51:33   
nield
Creative!

Tara can only manipulate the energy within an object: Directing the energy from her batteries towards something for the energy to latch onto is really the upper limit of manipulating energy without an object that she's in contact with. Once energy leaves the source, it is considered separate: The source in that case becomes, say, the air the energy is within, so Tara would need to contact that to manipulate that energy again.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
7/18/2023 22:55:48   
  Starflame13

@nield - Thank you for the clarification! I will edit in the range decrease to your bio myself. With that, approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 28
7/18/2023 23:36:08   
Dronier Ravelin

Hope this resolves any concerns!

"The sky, the earth, the dead... All things grow cold in the end."

Name / Title: Kastug, Warrior of the Northlands

Element: Ice

Age Range: Equivalent to Human Mid Thirties

Race: Part-Frost Giant Human

Appearance: To the average human, Kastug is a hulking beast. Towering over at nearly eight feet tall, he stands as a mountain of muscle, sinew, and tough flesh. Scar tissue from years of battle coat his body, blending into the ice-blue tint to his pale skin. Long, silver hair flows down to just past his shoulders, its length matched by a rugged beard. Piercing blue eyes trapped in a perpetual scowl glare down at those below, and a crooked nose damaged and healed time and time again forms the centerpiece of his face. Flowing across all lengths of his body is an intricate stream of pulsing blue-white light, almost resembling veins.

His outfit is equally bestial, formed from the skinned and tanned hides of many furred beasts. The head and maw of a polar bear forms headwear for the mountain man, paws resting on his shoulders as the back of the once mighty beast forms a cloak. Pelts of moose, elk, wolves and more form the rest of his garb, bound into place with hardy leather and studded with forged and engraved plates of steel colored with a blue tint.

Equipment:

Armor of the Bear - Kastug's armor is more than just a mundane bundle of skin and metals, imbued within is the power of mighty bear-spirits, Kastug can summon bursts of additional strength and toughness by appealing to the spirits, enhancing his already impressive might and durability in critical moments. Bear spirits are often stubborn, however, and will only lend their aid in the most dire of moments.

Horn of the Mountain - A drinking horn dangling at his hip, Kastug carries a special alchemical brew made by the shamans of his homeland. Designed for a single grave emergency, drinking the contents of the horn will allow the drinker's body to ignore the pain and hindrance of sustained wounds for a time. However, their mind will be overcome with an intense fighting instinct, driving them to attack their target to the detriment of all else. This limits Kastug's focus, preventing him from using all but the most basic of his supernatural abilities, only able to channel the mystical energy needed for creating simple weapons.

Skills, Spells, & Special Abilities:

Frost Giant Ancestry - Thanks to the icy blood flowing in his veins, Kastug has significantly increased strength and durability compared to the average human, able to lift and throw grown warriors with his bare hands, and bear wounds that would stop lesser beings in their tracks. This extends to biting cold, Kastug's body naturally acclimated to even the most extreme chills. However hot and humid weather is an active hindrance, slowing him down, sapping him of his strength and draining him of his energy.

Ice Forging- Channeling his connection to the powers of his people, Kastug can form objects made of magically-enhanced ice connected to his hands. Primarily used to form weapons and shields, with enough focus most anything can be formed. Simple weapons such as common axes, swords or spears, and a basic buckler-sized shield can be formed almost subconsciously by Kastug. Larger objects take more time and effort to form, with larger weapons like greataxes, tower shields, and armoring being the upper limit of combat construction, and even then only formable if given the advantage due to a stunned opponent or while hidden in cover. Additionally, the objects must remain in contact with Kastug, or they will shatter and return to the world.

Voice of the Cold - Harnessing his energies into one point in his body, Kastug can let out a bellowing cry, his voice propelling a torrent of icy shards at his target, piercing like needle darts into whatever lay before them. This attack can take some time to be properly aimed and readied, relying on catching an opponent off-guard or isolated, and grows less effective every time it is used, with that drain increasing as combat and strenuous activity wears Kastug down.

Might of the Northlands - By focusing his strength and power, Kastug can slam his fist or foot into the ground, causing not only the rumbling of an earthquake, but also a line of sharp, jagged ice shards to shoot up from below the ground, the line stretching about five feet forward across the ground and the shards stabbing into anything standing above them. This is Kastug's most draining ability, with using it more than twice leaving Kastug near completely drained of his power for a time, capable of channeling only his most basic ice forging until after the fight.

Personality / Backstory: Kastug hails from frozen tundras and chilling mountains in the far north, a desolate land where only the fierce and strong survive. Born with the chilled blood of a mighty frost giant within him, Kastug was revered by his tribal kin as a champion of their ways, destined to be raised as a mighty warrior.

Trained in the ways of channeling the cold and ice around them by the shamans of his people, and mastering the brutal arts of hunting and combat with their warriors, he stood tall as their promising pride and joy. The entire tribe watched the day of his final trial, where he stepped out into the cold snow with nothing but the hardy body of his ancestors and grim determination, tasked to survive for an entire week before returning.

None in the tribe saw him in that time, even the most skilled scouts and trackers simply found the remains of his prey and the snow-buried chars of campfires. Upon his return, he was heralded by cheers that echoed throughout the mountains, as he stomped into the village dragging a skinned bear behind him, the beast's hide adorning him like a crown and cloak, a large axe made of pure ice held in one hand. He hoisted the axe with a mighty bellow, returning the cheers of his people, with the bear serving as his ascension feast and forming the center of the armor he now wears.

Contrary to his hostile appearance and aggressive fighting style, Kastug is a silent, cold individual, rarely responding to anything with more than a simple grunt, and focusing in on the environment around him. While his anger can grow mighty, it builds slowly, many frustrations rolling off of him like a stone down a mountain, but gather enough of those stones and he'll strike with the force of an avalanche.
Post #: 29
7/19/2023 23:13:09   
  Starflame13

3 days remain!

@Dronier Ravelin - Everything looks resolved! Approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 30
7/20/2023 13:18:03   
TripleChaos

Name: Ezkeraz
Race: Human
Element: Energy

Appearance:
He looks quite like a knight, though he wears only a partial set of armor and lacks any striking colors that would signify his loyalty. He stands average in both stature and frame, but he still maintains an imposing air. His face is clearly visible under the leather helmet they wear, the visage of one who still clings to their ideals.
Most would have their eyes drawn first to the brightly colored cracks spreading across his arms, over his armor; Spanning his wrists to his elbow, an erratic pattern like lightning glows as it appears to move, refusing to stay still. A single color could not describe their shimmer, but those on his right arm tend to appear red, and on his left arm, blue.

Equipment:
At his hips a pair of steel shortswords are sheathed in fine leather. On his back a sturdy wooden recurve bow hangs above the quiver held near-horizontal above his waist.
The armor he is wearing consists of a large plate over his chest and a pair of bracers and greaves, with leather underneath and anywhere else that would be otherwise unprotected. He also has a leather helmet that covers his head while leaving his face unobscured.
Above his left thigh on his trousers he has a pouch sewn, holding a number of gems encased in glass spheres.

Skills/Abilities:
“The past is fastened still by unbreakable threads, and the future wears a shroud permitting only faint glimpses. These things are known by any self-proclaimed chronomancer. A greater secret are the infinite presents that span the cosmos, each an indistinguishable reality as tangible as the words on this page. Those in the Order that are inseparable from their beloved mathematics love to convolute this truth with their formulae, despite how simple it is at its core: Even if this book is only present in a fraction of these realities, a fraction of infinity is itself infinite. The same is true for yourself as well.”

Timeline Shift: “Hotswap”:
While he is holding either his swords or his bow, he can “swap” weapons with another self in a different timeline. In an instant, with a dim flash of light, he can swap between holding a sword in both hands or holding a bow with an arrow nocked.
If either weapon is damaged before being swapped, their condition will be restored. Swapping to the bow refills his quiver as well; However, not worrying about needing a large stock, he only ever keeps six arrows in his quiver (including the nocked arrow).
Swapping only takes a bit of focus and a brief moment, but after doing so he cannot swap again for six seconds.
In combat that stretches on, he is comfortable using this ability more than a dozen times without winding himself. The key to this, however, is pacing. If he is switching weapons as often as possible, almost every six seconds instead of once or twice a minute, he would grow tired in a minute flat.

Arrow Stitching:
Channeling his magic with his bow in hand, he can call upon the aid of a pair of other selves to align their aim to his own timeline.
These extra shots appear at his sides, from two red clouds of energy humanoid in shape. Though they appear as clouds of sparkling dust, these figures are incorporeal and follow his movements exactly. Though they cannot act beyond letting loose their shots, they will only disappear after the “real” Ezkeraz shoots.
Unlike the bows they are fired from, the moment the arrows are released they are functionally identical to the rest of his arrows.

Blade Warping:
Channeling his magic with his swords in hand, he layers the blades of his other selves over his own to strengthen them for a single blow each.
A dense cloud of blue energy surrounds both of his swords. Although this energy is brilliantly vibrant, it doesn't shed more light than a moderate glow.
While this ability persists, he can seemingly double his strength while using the swords. Receiving a blow from a sword would feel like being struck twice, and being blocked by them would feel like the guard of two men at once.
This extra strength exists for only the duration of a single strike or parry, per blade. The magic surrounding the sword dissipates after that strike or parry, but it will also be dispelled if the blade experiences any sizable amount of force (a cloth brushing against it has no effect, but a deliberate knock against the blade would make the magic fizzle); The only exception is when the blades touch each other while both still retain their magic.
Regardless of whether he is holding one or both swords, the cost of this ability is consistent.

The two abilities above are similar in nature, and have similar restrictions to their use.
Unlike Hotswap, it takes time, although brief, to start channeling these abilities: It takes three seconds for the energy to travel from his hands to his weapons.
The time he spends holding onto the energy before releasing it (shooting with the bow, striking/blocking with both swords) is considered “using the ability.” The longer he waits before releasing the ability the longer it will tap his strength. It’s something comparable to holding your breath: Holding it for eight seconds takes a bit of focus and doesn’t feel too bad; Holding it for forty seconds is, relatively speaking, much harder.
With this in mind, if he was releasing the magic as soon as possible he could use these abilities a dozen times combined before becoming too exhausted to try again; If he held the magic for eight seconds each time, that number would become six; If he was holding the magic for forty seconds it would be further reduced to three.
These two abilities share a cooldown. After releasing the energy in his weapons, he cannot channel energy into them again for fifteen seconds.

Gemstone Marbles:
Inside the pouch on his leg, he has five transparent marbles that each have a gemstone encased within. The gems vary in color and slightly in size, but they all function identically.
The gloss of their surface gives it the impression of glass, but they are slightly more brittle, allowing even a forceful strike from the flat of a blade or a grazing hit from a swift arrow to shatter them.
Upon being broken, a line of bright purple energy shoots out in a direction he chooses. It travels as fast as his arrows in a straight line for 20ft, at which point they vanish; It would be unavoidable at point black, but reasonable to dodge near the end of its reach.
If it collides with something the line of energy solidifies, creating a tether starting at the point the marble was broken and ending at the point it struck. The starting point of the tether is (relatively) fixed in space and cannot be moved; The end can be moved only as far as the tether allows, closer to the starting point or around in a circle about it.
The tether is stronger than steel for the first two seconds it exists, but rapidly loses its brightness and becomes brittle afterwards: After another two seconds, it can be broken easily with a strike; After yet another two seconds, the tension just from pulling on it firmly is enough to snap it. Once the tether is broken, it fades into dust and vanishes.

These marbles are not something he can swap with his other selves. For clarification, the swords and bow and arrows are the only things that he is willing to swap, of the personal effects he is capable of swapping.
After a thorough discussion–with myself–I came to the conclusion that one’s marbles’ should belong only to himself. Having to deal with a pair of dulled swords or an empty quiver is fair enough when one finds himself in a city where these matters can be fixed. But lacking a last resort is foolish, and moreover trying to find more of these at a decent price is a right and proper pain in the–And swapping armor is forbidden, if I ever meet the me who thought a flaming cap was–and so, adhering to a rule like this will benefit all of me.

Martial Skills:
With countless hours spent in his youth training with both of his weapons and an equivalent amount of experience in combat, he is extremely proficient with using two swords at once, as well as shooting with his bow. This experience also grants him a degree of endurance well above average for a human. This endurance allows him to continue fighting without restraint even after sustaining injuries.
Post #: 31
7/21/2023 12:01:37   
  Starflame13

Less than 2 days remain!

A bit under 2 days to submit any NEW bios by 11:59pm ET on Saturday, July 22nd. All bios that have been submitted but not approved will have 24 hours to get approval at that point.

@TripleChaos - Glad to see you again! Ezkeraz is well balanced, with one caveat: I would like to specify that triggering the Gemstone Marbles also requires them to be in his line of sight, as he needs to pick the direction the tether shoots at. I touched base with you in PMs to confirm you were alright with this addition, so with that, Approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 32
7/22/2023 0:16:50   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

Mooth/ Cryptid of the Forest
Element: Light
Age range: ????(Adult)
Race: Mothman: A race of large humanoid like moths with large protruding wings where there would be arms. Their bodies are made of shadows making them hard to perceive distinct features. What most would call their eyes glow a deep unsettling shade of red. They are known for their fanaticism for light to the point of being skilled in light based magic.

Appearance: Mooth is 5ft tall. Her wingspan when fully extended to 78.7 inches (200 cm) A pair of feathery antennae protrude from the top of her head. There is a cord around her nexk that holds a lantern with a soft glowing light inside. Mooth’s skin has a soft and fuzzy like appearance. It feels cool to the touch and delicate like silk.

Equipment:
Lantern: The lamp has an octagonal shaped body, with 8 panes of multicolored glass. The top comes together in a dome latices of delicately patterned dark metal. Very faintly a spark can be seen flickering on the inside. This spark is a faint concentration of pure magical light energy. The top of the lantern has a small catch that can be removed from the cord. This is so Mooth can tactically move it to her feet, which are more dexterous than her wings. It is operated by channeling magic into the spark. The more magic Mooth channels to it in rapid succession the more unstable it becomes. If too much magic is infused it explodes.

Skills:
Flash: She overcharges the spark of light with a fast infusion of magic. The rapid expansion of this infusion causes a bright blinding flash to occur, blinding anyone withing a few feet of her, herself included. She can not use any magic with the lantern for about 5 minutes or else it will overload the spark.

Light slash:
A charged focused beam of light is shot out from the lantern. It is hot enough to inflict a serious burn on anything it comes into contact with. It takes a while to charge up and easily noticeable as the power gathers in the lantern, causing a scattered pattern of colored lights to be reflected around the area.

Light spray:
A scatter shot of small pellets of light are shot out of the lantern in a quick spray. These do small amounts of damage.

flight: Mooth can become airborne to get out of the way of other opponents and attack from the sky. However due to her size it takes a while to get airborne. She can also preform an dive into the opponent to bash them, though chances are this will disorient her.

Personality / Backstory: A creature of darkness Mooth is mischievous as she is cunning. Her personality and demeanor comes off as childish. However it is simply to the fact that Mothmen are not a complex race. She proved exceptionally good at Like most of her kind she will be driven to try and capture objects of light. However she has set her goal becoming the most powerful light magic user.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 33
7/22/2023 0:56:39   
  Starflame13

1 day remains!

1 day to submit any NEW bios by 11:59pm ET on Saturday, July 22nd. All bios that have been submitted but not approved will have 24 hours to get approval at that point. Further details about the next round will be revealed tomorrow!

@DaiTigris - Glad to see you were able to get a bio out! Mooth is relatively simple, almost too simple in some cases as I worry she will not have enough ability to defend herself. Let's go through and see if we can clarify some details and buff a few other areas.

First, the race of Mothman. If a mothman has any differences in physical traits as compared to a human, such as speed or strength, or racial traits like damage immunities/weaknesses or things such as dark vision, please also specify that here. Anything not specifically called out, it will be assumed that it matches what a human is capable of. Specifically, since you mention their body is made of shadow, I'd like confirmation that they can be injured in some capacity - and if that changes how significantly they can be injured, feel pain, or how fast they recover.

I'd also suggest giving Mooth some more physical traits that will help her with offense. Right now, her only weapon is her lantern - which she cannot overuse. If it explodes or if someone else cuts it free, Mooth is basically defenseless. As she has wings rather than arms, rather than give her a sword, I'd suggest tweaking her physicality to include something like claws on her feet (which she could combine well with her ability to fly) or a pair of mandibles to enable strong bite/grappling attacks with her jaws, or both! Build it around the style of attack you think Mooth would do if she lost the ability to use her lantern.

I'd also suggest giving her something to help her defense - moths are, from my understanding, decently fragile, and there is no mention here of any type of armor. My brief research into mothman shows clothes aren't neccesarily needed for semi-amorphous shadow bodies, and proper armor would likely be too heavy for flight, but I'd suggest either some type of light aura/shield that she can activate tied with her lantern, or some type of enchanted cloth robe or wrap that could at least serve as protection against lighter blows.

Now, the Lantern skills! First I have to say that I do love the concept of a moth carrying its own lantern. That said, let's make sure she can fully utilize it. Battles are very fast paced and take a lot less time than people realize - often on the scale of minutes. If you're familiar with Dungeons and Dragons, they use a 6 second round for enabling one major action, and 2-3 minor actions, and the majority of their combats can last in the range of 10-20 rounds. While this is not a source of truth, it's a great starting point to show that with something like a 5 minute cooldown, you'd only get to use the ability once - which is a bit rough considering that disables the entire lantern. For how the ability is as-written, I'd drop this to 15 seconds. If you wish to increase the range to something that would reach more people, 30 seconds. Also, I would like rough ranges for light slash and light spray - this doesn't need to be hard numbers, but something like "close range" for people nearby, or "far range" like an arrow being fired are needed. I'm also going to make the assumption that light slash travels at around the speed of an arrow, rather than the speed of light.

Lastly, flight. Typically this is a heavily nerfed ability, because the mobility it gives a character is often a huge advantage. That said, even with adding the changes suggested above, Mooth is not going to be a magical or a physical power house, so I am glad to let her have some mobility to counter that. That said, here's my suggestion: put a cap for how high she can reach for "unlimited" flight, say, 5 feet off the ground. If she wishes to fly higher in order to make use of the dive bomb ability, put a limit on how long she can fly at that height - my suggestion would be to keep it at just long enough to perform a dive bomb, but anywhere in the 5-15 second range is workable.

Definitely a good start! Looking forward to round 2.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 34
7/22/2023 11:58:01   
JhyShy

"Ain't no way"
- Ryan after learning what the Wind Lord pulled.

Name: Ryan
Element: Wind
Age Range: 18-27
Race: Human Dracopyre
- As a human dracopyre he is unboosted while outside the form. So there is no need to get into details about the full transformation.

Appearance: Usually seen wearing the Mark of Wrath armor, due to the armor, his left arm is usually seen with a dragon arm with 4 large fingers, the armor is colored brown for the upper part of the armor and black pants along with green hair and a grey stone mask with a rose flower for their right eye and a very eye catching red color for their left eye, as their face. His height is 5 '10 and his build is muscular but lean, always looks very sad.

Equipment:
- Wind Lord's Laughter - A "sword" in all senses of the word except practicality. It is a scimitar with 3 cyan bars on it's white blade, it's hilt has cyan engravings, it empowers his wind attacks making them hurt more, it is practically unbreakable except whenever the blade is hit whether it be by an opponent's body (Weapons, astral projections and spells do not count, it should be the opponent's physical form specifically) or Ryan intentionally hitting the opponent a bar will light up and the sword will crack, getting more and more cracked the more bars light up, once it is hit one last time as the bar is full, it will break causing a large burst of wind will spill out and will hurt anyone caught within the vicinity. Once the blade is broken, his wind attacks will no longer be boosted. Ryan however has to wield the weapon in there hands to have it be boosted, simply having it on him will not boost his attacks he has to actively hold the weapon. (Note: Even if the weapon is not on his hands or not on him, just as long as it's hit, it will break. The sword also empowers the wind attacks of others as well, so if someone were to steal the weapon off Ryan, it will boost them instead)

- Stone Mask - Normally a gray mask of earth, due to the wind lord's curse it has been "gifted" wind aligned powers and stripped of it's earth ones. With it Ryan can use the air and the breeze to detect where opponents are and generally what is happening in the surroundings near him (like a radius of 1 meter near him), this however is not a passive ability, he legitimately has to start moving slower or stop moving at all to fully focus on this ability. If someone tries to remove the mask, it will be like peeling skin off a person. Same with the rose on his eye, it will be like taking off a person's eyeball, as the mask is basically welded and stuck to his face.

- Angra Linorm - A floating shrine or totem by his side. It symbolizes and is filled with grief and sorrow. It’s appearance is that of a cement statue of a dragon holding a large piece of cement. While it is not a weapon by itself it empowers his physical attacks, projectiles are only half boosted (I.E they don’t hurt as much as they would be fully boosted), spells are not considered and so are attacks that do not physically harm the opponent. While it empowers him, it makes him even more tired and exhausted as being filled with negative emotions all the time is bound to make one exhausted. The totem moves at a 3 second delay from Ryan, so if he were to run to the right, it will take 3 seconds for the totem to catch up, alongside that, the totem has to be at arm's reach to boost Ryan. If ever the totem is broken as it's durability enchantment has been stripped away, it is only as durable as hard concrete. The totem will explode letting out to the burst of air, while the explosion does not hurt, it can push a full grown adult to the ground and release a gas that makes opponents feel exhausted, Ryan is immune however due to the Mark of Wrath armor, therefore if it is broken, he will no longer be boosted but he will have better endurance and not be as easily exhausted.

- Mark of Wrath - It is regular battle gear “blessed” with durability that is also protected in certain parts by the dragon Entropy's scales. Notably, the shins, the shoulders, the whole chest and the whole left arm along with his right forearm. It is brown at the top with a belt at the right arm of the user alongside black pants for the bottom and large boots. While the cape might look normal, it is in fact as strong as steel and can be used as a weapon and a defensive tool. When attacking it can be used as an additional hit for example, Ryan can use the cape to back hand a person and when defending it can be used to shield him from projectile and close combat attacks by using it to cover his body and use it like a shield. It is not however malleable or controllable via the mind of the user, it works and functions like a regular cape. The scales are extremely durable notably being harder than even diamonds and obsidian and light as aluminum, These scales tie into Revolting Distaste the more scales Ryan has on the armor the faster it stacks and clouds his judgement, luckily these scales can be removed, from the kneepads to the chest piece and even his entire left arm, removing these however attracts the drawback of being less protected from incoming attacks.

Skills, Spells, & Special Abilities
Strengths-
Proficient Swordsman - While not yet a master, they are no novice. With being the Chosen in his dimension he is subjected to multiple world threatening or life threatening events. So while not the best, it would be your fall if you underestimate his swordsmanship.

Competent Hand to hand combatant - While his hand to hand combat isn’t as good as his swordsmanship they shouldn’t be underestimated, especially considering they are a dirty fighter, blinding opponents, going for weak spots, targeting the head multiple times. They are a novice at using their fists as they lack a real technique and a true fighting style, they are however at their best when using the claws provided by the mark of wrath armor, what they lack in technique they make up for in speed and sheer lethality. He often uses it to claw opponents into submission or having a grappling advantage. He is less of a boxer and more a grappler and wrestler, coupled with his tendency to fight dirty. You have yourself the perfect dirty fighter.

Weakness-
Improv master - He does not have any formal training, to be frank, he’s only survived this long by his sheer determination to keep living and keep fighting. Therefore his go to “fighting style” is akin to mashing buttons in a fighting game and hoping you win. That is why they prefer claws and claw-like attacks, so they can wildly swing around their arms in any direction and still pose a threat. So while unpredictable for a while, any skilled fighter that has lasted long enough in the fight can see the repeated attacks.

Lack of mastery on the element - He is primarily using this element only due to a curse put on him by the wind lord. As an adventurer he prides himself in his versatility, but due to being stripped of that he is unable to use his tools to it's fullest potential.

Abilities-
Revolting distaste - A passive effect where as he wears this armor, his anger and hatred slowly rises and revolts against his clear judgement and thinking, making his attacks stronger but less accurate. His battle tactics become more and more berserk and savage. This effect is mitigated via Consuming Hate and Rising Wrath. This effect can also be mitigated by removing the scales of the armor, removing them however does not get rid of the emotions made before the removal of the scales.

Consuming Hate- With this ability, he is able to imbue his attacks (From his claws, fists, swords, and all other weapons he uses) with wind. Though, they do sacrifice a noticeable amount of damage to inflict onto his opponent a consuming hatred.

Consuming Hatred - With this his opponents are consumed by their hatred their attacks are less likely to hit and they are more open to attacks. This effect does not last forever, any mentally stable individual or strong willed individual, people with high tolerance to anger and hatred can and will have a high chance of breaking free from consuming hatred. This effect can only be done if the individual is hit with a claw attacks and is pierced, basically only being applied if the opponent has been pierced by a claw attack and it cannot be applied via any area of effect attacks. With this attack Revolting distaste is mitigated by passing the anger and hatred onto others. This effect wares of over time and the more the opponent is tolerant to hate, the faster it will ware off. Consuming hatred can only be applied onto the same opponent 3 times and therefore can only be stacked 3 times. Weaker willed opponents still have the chance to pull through even without waiting for the effect to ware off, if they are distracted or put their focus onto something else, like being hit by a different opponent, fixating on that opponent can get rid of the effect.

Rising Wrath - With this ability, several green sharp winds come from the ground and he taps into his inner hatred, due to this, the attack is powerful but not accurate and is susceptible to missing, not only that they have to touch the ground then raise their hands toward the direction, first to infuse the hating wind into the ground then next to direct it towards the target, this attack has a very short range and four sharp winds bursts out the ground then dissipate immediately after going outside the ground. With this attack Revolting distaste is mitigated by weaponizing the emotions but not passing them onto someone else.

Desolate Reckoning - With this ability, he utilizes all of his anger and hatred and the hate and anger that he passed onto his opponents and while it normally materializes into a small meteor but due to the curse it instead materializes into a small tornado. This is all possible via the armor’s enchantments not because he knows how to do it himself. With this, the effects of consuming hate to anyone who has been applied it will be cleansed. However after firing this attack he will unleash all the anger that has peaked rendering him in a berserk like state, his attacks are not accurate but will very much hurt you when hit by them. The more anger absorbed the stronger the tornado will deal and longer the berserk state lasts. The Tornado itself however has a small area of effect, small but strong blast radius (strong enough to push an adult to the ground with a small amount of distance), anyone past 5 meters of the attack is safe. This attack is notably not boosted by Angra Linrom and generally cannot be used again until enough hatred and anger is gathered. If not fired to the opponent or the ground the tornado within 6 seconds will instead direct itself to Ryan, while it cleanses him of his anger, it will hurt him and if enough damage is dealt to him prior, knock him out.

Personality / Backstory (Optional)
- He got hustled by the wind lord and now has to fight using his element only to get rid of the curse put upon him.
Post #: 35
7/22/2023 17:51:40   
  Starflame13

@JhyShy - Things are looking a lot more focused, so thank you! With that, balancing becomes much more clear - and a couple of the new inclusions need some tweaking - so let's take another look!

First, your new sword. Trying to differentiate what counts as "an opponent's physical form" can be tricky - especially as we've had entrants with everything from mechs to prosthetics to weapons actually part of their limbs. Let's change this to when Ryan strikes at something with both intention and significant force - that way it won't count if he uses it to block, but it will count if he strikes at someone and they manage to block. Additionally, let's specify that something "in the vicinity" is something specifically within the striking range of the sword prior to the sword shattering.

One note for both Wind Lord's Laughter and Angra Linorm is that you have a lot of potential boosts here. I do not want any attacks to end up double boosted. Since Angra Linorm specifies physical attacks and Wind Lord's Laughter specifies wind attacks, let's state that if a physical attack is cloaked in wind like with Consuming Hate and Hatred, it ONLY gets the boost from Wind Lord's Laughter - regardless of if the sword is still intact or not.

Speaking of Angra Linorm, having a gas that causes exhaustion without reprieve is too powerful. Keep the blow-back effect, remove the gas.

Now, Mark of Wrath. Scales that are harder than diamond and lighter than aluminum is too much protection given that they cover all vital areas and a good bit more. Drop this to slightly stronger than steel, and specify that the material beneath that the scales are attached to is either leather or cloth. Additionally, having a cape that can be moved like cloth but be strong enough to function as a solid shield/additional bashing weapon is a bit ambiguous. Let's clarify this by turning into a steel mesh - something that can be used to deflect piercings or wrap around a fist for a harder blow, but won't do much against a hammer or punching into a shield itself.

On to abilities. Being able to stack consuming hatred on a single opponent is too much for an ability that can overpower them mentally. Let's adjust this such that a person can only be impacted by consuming hatred once - but can be re-impacted once they shake it free the first time, and that they have a better chance of shaking it free once they know to expect it on future strikes. Otherwise, I do very much like the changes you made here!

Lastly, Desolate Reckoning. As this is a very powerful, and a far-reaching attack, let's specify that it is NOT boosted - not by Angra Linorm, and not by Wind Lord's Laughter.

We're moving a very good direction, so looking forward to the next round!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 36
7/22/2023 17:52:43   
deathlord45

Name: Bjhonkcioucles, the Goose
Age Range: Goose equivalent of twenty
Species: Chimera (Specifically a goose, a hippo, and a crocodile)
Element: Water

Appearance: Coming up to roughly 5 foot tall at the shoulder and 10 feet long (3 feet of goose, 6 feet of hippo body, and 1 foot of hippo tail), Bjhonkcioucles, sports three distinct section bleed like a gradient between them. First is the fact the creature has the head and neck of a goose that leads into the body of an adult male hippopotomus that bleeds into four limbs resembling the fore and rear limbs of a crocodile. The non-hippopotomus parts have been scaled up to match the size of the central base keeping its weight close to 3 tons.

Attributes:

Thick Hide: The hide of Bjhonkcioucles is incredibly think, rendering it resistant to most projectile attacks aimed towards the chimera's body and feet. Though its head and neck have little such bonuses.

Burst Speed: The combination of musculature and weight has made Bjhonkcioucles only able of bursts of sudden movement (up to 15 mph over like 10 feet) if it wishes to evade or reach somewhere quickly. Woe unto those unfortunate enough to be caught beneath the its stride.

Awakened Intelligence: Some part of the magic used to create this monstrosity has granted it a mind equal to a human mage's.

Abilities:
Water Magic:

Aquaball: A baseball sized globe of water is created and hurled at a 45 mph towards a target of Bjhonkcioucles choosing. Though it losses 1.3 of its initial mass and speed every 5ft from Bjhonkcioucles it goes.

Mist Shroud: A medium density cloud of mist forms around Bjhonkcioucles, it obscures the visibility of both enemies and itself, used primarily for when it wants to lay low or prep to push itself to run towards something. It lasts at most 15 seconds or less depending on if there is any airflow in the area it is used.

Hydroveil: A thin sheet of water begins to pour off of Bjhonkcioucles and spreads up to 5 feet from it. The sheet of water cools and moistens the chimera as well as creating a local hazard near it. The sheet and pool beneath last up to 30 seconds and moves with the caster.

Waterwsll: It lasts only a moment though a dense wall of water is summoned into existence to absorb or block an attack. It takes time before Bjhonkcioucles can use this spell again it can also only be used in a single direction per cast.

Torrent Breath: Bjhonkcioucles release a powerful torrent of water from its bill blasting away any creature not strong or heavy enough to withstand the force (similar force to the water from a busted fire hydrant). This spell can only be used twice before it begins taking a toll on Bjhonkcioucles health.

History: Magically created life-form that when made had quite the mind for learning, took grave offense when its maker tried to dismantle it after it earned a good grade. Now travels freely seeking greater watery power.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 37
7/22/2023 18:07:02   
Riprose123

Name: Evergreen Seedsower
Pronouns: he/they
Race: Dryad
Element: Fire

Appearance and Equipment: Standing tall and slim, Evergreen’s body is covered in the ashy black of charcoal and scorched wood. Black bark covers him in armor, stained with grime and ash in different places. His eyes are sharp and lightly luminescent, cat like slits shaded the color of dew on pine boughs, cutting through the gray ash that covers his face. His hair is charred and uneven, cut into a rough undercut. Where it was once was long and flowing it now appears patchy and jagged, stained with dark soot instead of the bright auburn of fall leaves. Small bits of ember glow from cracks in his skin, emitting enough light to show in the dark but not enough to see by. His arms, legs, and fingers are abnormally long, resembling long bare branches. A small burlap satchel hangs across his chest, filled mainly with seeds of different kinds. Lastly, he carries a gnarled wooden branch that he utilizes as a fighting staff.

Powers, skills and abilities: Evergreen is well practiced with his staff, being able to proficiently defend himself with it, though he is far from a master. His wooden body makes him naturally resistant to bludgeoning and piercing weapons, though slashing is still effective and axe wounds are particularly effective in wounding him. Though he is naturally tougher, his awkward wooden limbs make him less mobile than some humans, though he is not nearly as slow as his Enten cousins. Lastly, as a dryad, Evergreen has the ability to communicate with most non magical wild and plant life. In addition to his racial abilities, Evergreen possesses several unique powers.

Wildfire: Since the all consuming fire that killed his oak, Evergreen has shown an increasing affinity for flame. He can cause several areas of his body to combust, burning bright and hot without burning himself to a crisp. Those near the flames will begin to quickly feel uncomfortable by the heat and if struck with them will receive burns similar to touching a burning campfire. Additionally, Evergreen can cause combustible materials that he physically touches to combust, with the fires continuing to burn within his control as long as he retains contact with said material. If physical contact is broken, the fires will continue to burn for another few seconds or until the material is consumed.

Seeds of Change: Evergreen possesses a multitude of magical seeds in his satchel in the form of pinecones, acorns and other forms of tree seeds that he can imbue with magical effects. While the satchel always appears to be filled with contents, he only ever has five seeds in the bag at a time, with new seeds being replaced inside every 15 minutes. Each seed can be imbued with one of several magical effects before being thrown:

A Bit of Flame: Evergreen pulls one of his seeds and imbues it with flame. Once thrown or placed, the seed will combust once it impacts with enough force or five seconds has elapsed from the initial imbue. The fire spreads across a three foot radius, burning for ten seconds before it dissipates.
Clinging Vines: Evergreen whispers a secret of the wood into his seed. Once set or impacted onto something, thin vines sprout quickly from the seed and attempt to tangle the target. While the vines grab quickly, they cannot entangle more than one or two limbs and are easily escaped in a few seconds.

Willow’s Whispers: Evergreen pulls a cottony willow seed from his satchel. When it is crushed, dropped or impacts, it explodes into a cotton white fog cloud, enveloping a 8 foot diameter and rising six feet up. Once within the cloud, small whispers can be heard by anyone within. What the whispers say differ from person to person and are usually either nonsensical or about subjects that Evergreen would not have knowledge about. Each affected person hears different whispers, with no sound being heard from outside the cloud. The whispers are little more than distracting, though depending on the subject it may cause discomfort in the affected individuals. The cloud dissipates after about 30 seconds and can be burned away by fire or blown away by a strong wind.

Pine Tar: A pine cone is utilized, dripping in sap. When it strikes a target it will cover it and the area in a 1 foot radius around it in sticky pine sap. This does little to hinder a target's movement but may cause discomfort in some species. The pine sap is extremely flammable however, and persists for a minute, or until it combusts or is washed off with water.
DF MQ  Post #: 38
7/22/2023 18:53:02   
  Starflame13

Doing my best to get feedback out quickly today to support the last rush of bios! Remember, the limit for having a NEW character bio posted is 11:59pm THIS EVENING (or if you are very lucky, until I wake up tomorrow morning).

@deathlord45 - Well, that's a new version of a chimera. We touched base in PMs that there was a calculation error in the weight (namely that tons are 2,000lbs rather than 1,000), so the actual weight should be closer to 1.5 tons. Additionally, I'd like to specify that multiple Water Magic abilities cannot be used at once - both to prevent Mist Shroud from being stacked or from firing something like Torrent Breath while a Waterwall. With that, Approved!

@Riprose123 - Glad that you made it in! My main concern here with Evergreen is that a few of his abilities border and even cross the line into being Cross Elemental between Fire and Earth (remember, most nature abilities fall under the Earth bracket). For the most part this is workable - but not for everything.

First, Seeds of Change. This is on the line for Cross-Elemental, but as long as we can ensure that all the seeds function as fire abilities, I am ok with allowing the respawn. That said, 15 minutes means you're likely going to only have the 5 seeds you start with, so I'd suggest increasing this up to 10. I also want a hard count of how many willow and pine seeds he can have at a given time - as a former Oak druid, those seeds should be prevalent, and I don't want him to suddenly claim he can throw 5 willow seeds. Let's limit this to 2 Willow Seeds and 3 Pine seeds, with the rest being oak.

Second, Clinging Vines. This is an entirely Earth ability. My recommendation would be to remove it, but if you would like to tweak it as a line of fire wrapping itself around a single limb/object you can - that said, it would need further balance to be a slightly cooler fire than what you have in Wildfire, and a time duration of only a few seconds.

Third, Willow's Whispers - to keep this in the Fire theme, let's include that this is specifically a smoke cloud - which also can make it more fun to interact with as smoke is not fun to inhale!

Fourth, Pine Tar. A Sap Bomb is on the line of being Cross-Elemental, and I also don't like a combustible fluid being as clingy as sap is. Let's twist this to be closer to an Ash Bomb - flakey ash can be equally flammable, but it is firmly on the Fire side of the equation and an opponent who pays enough attention to care can likely dust off most of it with significant movement.

As far as other details, I'd also like some clarification on a dryad's racial traits. If there are any key changes to things like senses (sight or hearing specifically) or how he takes damage/feels pain as Evergreen is made of wood, please let me know. Additionally, is he as immune to outside sources of fire as he is of his own? I am ok with this for mundane fire, but while he can resist magical fire, he shouldn't be able to ignore it specifically.

For the most part things are solid, just need some shifting of perspective. So, excited for round 2!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 39
7/22/2023 19:26:07   
markthematey

Name: Hetritch Felgo
Race: Mannaus Stein (looks human with some altered physical traits specified)
Height: 5'6 but slightly taller if he stands straight
Element: Earth

Physical Appearance:
Hetritch is an old ruffled man who looks to be ancient. His skin is a bright shade of grey that is spattered with dirt and dust that never seems to come off even if he tries. His one good eye is bleached over as if blind, though he can see fine with it. His left eye is permanently closed nothing in the socket.
He has a thick beard that is black but the tips of the hair curl into a scraggly grey as does his thick mustache that covers his lip.
He looks extremely malnourished. His skin tightly wraps around his ribs and his stomach is as if he had never eaten a meal before. He has a few stone plates that protrude from his back, a few sections of his arms, and over his heart. The line between the plates and his skin blend together making it difficult to tell where one starts and another end. You can count the wrinkles on his forehead and the bags under his eyes, only made more apparent by his baldness that left his head bare besides a few darkened patches of skin that spot randomly on top of his head.
He holds a weak posture, a pained one with a slight crook in his back that makes him hunch ever so slightly forward while resting. He has a smaller frame and his gaunt arms are skinny and his hands look frail, as if his fingers would shatter by a sharp gust of wind.
He wears a thin ragged shirt and pants but the shirt is torn down the center, making it closer to a vest. He has a small pouch of stones on his belt and a loop to hold his tools.
He has a full set of teeth but they look grey and near rotting. His gums are black like tar.

Racial Traits:

Natural armor:
Hetritch’s skin is rough like leather with a few sections plated in stone on his back, a small number of tiny stones in his arms, and one plate that covers his heart. The back of his hand is also covered in the stone as well as his knuckles. His skin acts as basic leather armor and the stones are equivalent to heavier metal armor.

Physical traits:
Hetritch’s has enormous strength for his size and stature. He could lift a boulder as tall as he is with both arms and could crush average stones with his grip, the strongest stone he could crush with one hand being silicate. His speed is derived from his strength, powerful legs can propel him forward but he is unwieldy with it. He has no training in fighting in the slightest. He fights using pure instinct and overwelming strength.

He does not bleed, wounds seem to whisp out a white smoke that glows slightly before dissipating. The flesh under his rough skin is more similar to clay as well. It would take a similar amount of battle damage to defeat him as it does an average man.

Finally, since he first came into consciousness thousands of years ago he has never changed physically due to age and has always looked like he does. Time has not affected his physical prowess either which has also remained the same since he became alive.

Abilities:

Mold earth:
Hetritch’s can crush stones he has spent time sculpting and imbuing his energy into to create a slab of the same stone in front of him proportional to the amount of strength he crushed it with. A quick stomp would summon a stone the size of his head while a full slam could create a slab slightly larger than him. The slab appears as soon as the stone is crushed. There needs to be intent for the effect to take place.

He can re-crush shards from the slabs made from this ability but each time he does this it creates a stone that is half the size for that specific stone. This means the first time it is normal, than the next time with that stone it is 50%, then 25%, etc.

Equipment:

Hammer and Chisel:
Though most of his combat ability comes from his strength, he wields a hammer and chisel.
They are a normal size for tools.
The hammer is reinforced to be able to sustain hundreds of strikes without needing repair and the chisel is magically enchanted to be particularly good at cracking hard surfaces and piercing with incredible precision.

Pouch of different stones:
He has a pouch of 5 sculpted rocks on his belt. He has 2 normal(silicate) stones and one of each of the rest listed below. Each stone can fit in his palm and work with his “mold earth” ability.

Standard Stone: basic stone properties, is made of silicate

Iron Ore: Much heavier and sturdier but he is unable to move or break the larger slabs easily

Obsidian: brittle and when broken turns into sharp shards. great for smashing and creating projectiles

Shard of Stalagmite: When crushed makes a stalagmite thrust forward instead of a normal slab
Post #: 40
7/22/2023 19:37:14   
Ronin Of Dreams
Still Watching...

You know, growing up, I used to hear everyone refer to Durgan as keeping a House of Broken Dolls. To us it was just an orphanage, a place where we could grow up and play and live with others like us. We weren't Broken, just born different, you know? We didn't mind living on the outskirts of town where we could play in field and forest. Didn't understand why the townies would throw rotten eggs at Durgan's door in the dead of night. Or why they mocked old Durgan whenever one of our friends passed on - they never saw the smiles, the happiness we shared!

As I got older, it dawned on me. They were the broken ones. Wasting the gift of being born Whole. It's funny, really.

Name: Sterling
Elemental Alignment: Darkness
Race: Genetic Aberration Unidentified Mix Breed

Key Physiological Differences from Baseline Human:
  Inconsistent coverage of scales: Affects visual appearance and contributory cause to traditionally negative first impressions, but carries no physical benefits.
  Semi-prehensile tail: Thicker at the base with a whiplike progression towards the tip and roughly three feet in length. His tail is rather flexible and can roughly grasp at items - like the cane he utilizes - and serves as an exceptional balance aid in day to day life. Makes finding and maintaining good pairs of pants extremely difficult.
  Smooth left shoulder: Another sign of genetic aberration being an unfortunate mix-breed, he was born without a left arm entirely. There is absolutely no scarring nor signs of forced removal as would be the case from an atrophied limb, and the skin/scales cover the area in a smooth curve.
  Unusual ears: Oft cited as an argument in support of both mermalian and drakelian blood by those who wish to deride either side in particular, his ears lay back against his skull with cartilaginous spines and web-like taut skin rather than the normal human curves. Also affects visual appearance, contributing to traditionally negative first impressions, but carries no distinct physical benefits.

Appearance:
  Sterling is a misfit. A genetic mess. An unknown mix of bloodlines leaving him hairless and partially scaled…but he doesn't mind it at all. The mix-breed stands his full 5'9" height proudly when he's standing still, letting his tail lash to and fro without a care of comment. His lean build, the stacked soles of his skates, and the hovering aspect of Shadowgliding often gives the impression of being even taller. All to his benefit, as far as he's concerned!

  It's easy to find aesthetic reasons to mock him. From the sparse patches of iridescent scales that erupt all over his body in no rhyme, rhythm, or intelligent design; to the dentist's nightmare of rearranged and broken teeth. Or from the spined ears and pale green tinge to his skin, to the absolutely wild purple-pink ombré wig he wears in mocking flames; or even the cheapest of heat, mocking him for his missing arm. He's heard it all before, and he'll likely hear it again. But that doesn't stop him from wearing the right attire to be a threat, garbed in gambeson and maille. Shield strapped high to guard his limbless flank. Eyes bright behind his smile, always looking out for opportunity to turn a trick or crush the spirit of hostility through clever hit and run.

Abilities:
  Shadowgliding - (Movement Passive) - Near frictionless, skating style movement. Works on any darkness, though typically he utilizes shadows. Effectively, Sterling technically "hovers" a half-inch above the ground while skating against the darkness, regardless of standing still or being in motion. His own shadow is sufficient for his normal movement, though he is still bound by laws of physics such as gravity and momentum - an angled shadow might be usable as a ramp or a grind rail, for instance, but his momentum would suffer accordingly. Has characteristic sounds depending on a variety of ffactos, and is pointedly neither silent nor extremely stealthy.
  (Author Balancing Notes - Skating as an alternative movement means different acceleration and conservation of momentum characteristics compared to someone running on foot. He is capable of higher maximum "sprint" speeds compared to a human, accordingly. For balance sake I peg that to roughly be about 22 mph at full clip.)

Equipment:
  Soul Soles (™) - Given his propensity to try and shadowglide everywhere and at all times, his current "skates" are an evolution of the humble shoes Durgan originally made for him, adjusted for greater degrees of safety. Coinciding with the increasing risk of injury as Sterling got it in his head to perform a greater variety of "tricks". Sterling's current Soul Soles are a matched set of ribbed sabatons and articulated greaves, clad in steel with the leather soles thick with a slight taper into a wedge profile from foot to ground edge of the tread. Still a touch of Durgan looking out for his 'Sterling Son' among the Dolls, back from when child Sterling couldn't consistently focus his shadowgliding. He is loath to get them rebuilt and lose those tiny reminders of the House, though they do show signs of use and abuse from several years of stunts.

  Mithril Maille Shirt - Being raised in the House of Broken Dolls left Sterling both an incredibly practical and frugal approach to most expenditures. In the time since he has left that childhood home, petty theft has given him coin to spend. Keeping himself alive and healthy is the utmost practicality, and thus, his gear is as top-notch as he can afford. Thus the acquisition of armor appropriate to his combat acumen: a shirt of riveted mithril mail that hangs down to his upper thigh even when belted. The mithril gives him protection on-par if not slightly better than steel mail made in similar fashion, but more importantly, is lighter.

  Linen Gambeson & Denim Trousers - Beneath the mail is a relatively thin gambeson made from quilted linen to help protect against blunt trauma, and a set of denim pants beneath helping to keep his legs from similar bruising and the occasional abrasion. Practical materials in practical fashion, rather than garish pantaloons or silken hose. Besides, when the denim is stitched properly, the material doesn't wear out too quickly; even despite removing the 'leg' made for his tail. Every tailor adds that touch, but he finds that too uncomfortable and can't stand the risk of chafing his tail.

  Shoulder Shield - Sterling's other expensive yet imminently practical purchase - less for thievery and more for protection while traveling - is a slightly curved heater shield, also made from the same stock of lightweight mithril as his maille. Chosen for easier adaptation as the heater design already includes a neck strap, Sterling lashes the shield to cover his left flank using a series of additional straps. It also makes for a great tool to slide on when the terrain permits, expanding his tricks for fun and combat significantly.

  Steel-shod Cane - One of his earliest acts of petty theft was stealing the mayor's own cane, with its slightly hooked 'beak' handle and 'hidden' blade tip. The mayor never really used the thing as anything more than a petty beatstick. Sterling has had the blade replaced and the cane repaired a time or two since those days, but it does make for both a handy movement tool and a reliable weapon. He's also added a small sling so he can throw it over a shoulder when he needs his hand free.

  Tomahawk - An acquisition of post-battle scavenging rather than ill-gotten theft, Sterling also carries a single tomahawk hooked to his belt. Despite the bloody origins, he's gotten rather decent at mid-range throws thanks to the school of hard knocks. Because even a one-armed man needs a bit of range when hunting for food from time to time, or needs to handle a problem a bit outside of "arm's reach".
AQ  Post #: 41
7/22/2023 22:58:16   
  Starflame13

Very happy with all the new and balanced bios that have come in this evening! Arena Threads have been revealed for flavor, although rosters / OOC thread will not be posted until tomorrow morning to account for any last minute bios coming in today. Let's see if we can't squeeze in one more before my alarm goes off tomorrow morning!

@markthematey - Changes all look good to me! Approved!

@Ronin Of Dreams - Welcome back to the foray! Sterling is simple but well done as far as abilities go, so no reservations from me. Be prepared to adjust plans for the various light sources in the arena you end up in, since constant light is never a guarantee. Approved!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 42
7/22/2023 23:07:19   
JhyShy

"After all this is over, I'm switching over to earth on Lorithia's name for real"
- Ryan to the wind lord.

Name: Ryan
Element: Wind
Age Range: 18-27
Race: Human Dracopyre
- As a human dracopyre he is unboosted while outside the form. So there is no need to get into details about the full transformation.

Appearance: Usually seen wearing the Mark of Wrath armor, due to the armor, his left arm is usually seen with a dragon arm with 4 large fingers, the armor is colored brown for the upper part of the armor and black pants along with green hair and a grey stone mask with a rose flower for their right eye and a very eye catching red color for their left eye, as their face. His height is 5 '10 and his build is muscular but lean, always looks very sad.

Equipment:
- Wind Lord's Laughter - A "sword" in all senses of the word except practicality. It is a scimitar with 3 cyan bars on it's white blade, it's hilt has cyan engravings, it empowers his wind attacks making them hurt more, it is practically unbreakable except whenever the blade is hit whether it be by an opponent's body (Weapons, astral projections, mechas and spells do not count UNLESS they are stuck to the user's body so prosthesis, weapons or other items as replacements for body parts do count, if they are an extension of the body and are stuck to it, they count) or Ryan intentionally hitting the opponent a bar will light up and the sword will crack, if the opponent ever hits the weapon it will also crack so Ryan will have to choose between taking the blow or risk having an item that boosts him be removed from him, getting more and more cracked the more bars light up, once it is hit one last time as the bar is full, it will break causing a large burst of wind will spill out and will hurt anyone caught within the vicinity, specifically a radius of 1 meter from the sword or whoever is wielding the sword. Once the blade is broken, his wind attacks will no longer be boosted. Ryan however has to wield the weapon in his hands to have it be boosted, simply having it on him will not boost his attacks he has to actively hold the weapon. (Note: Even if the weapon is not on his hands or not on him, just as long as it's hit, it will break. The sword also empowers the wind attacks of others as well, so if someone were to steal the weapon off Ryan, it will boost them instead)

- Stone Mask - Normally a gray mask of earth, due to the wind lord's curse it has been "gifted" wind aligned powers and stripped of it's earth ones. With it Ryan can use the air and the breeze to detect where opponents are and generally what is happening in the surroundings near him (like a radius of 1 meter near him), this however is not a passive ability, he legitimately has to start moving slower or stop moving at all to fully focus on this ability. If someone tries to remove the mask, it will be like peeling skin off a person. Same with the rose on his eye, it will be like taking off a person's eyeball, as the mask is basically welded and stuck to his face.

- Angra Linorm - A floating shrine or totem by his side. It symbolizes and is filled with grief and sorrow. It’s appearance is that of a cement statue of a dragon holding a large piece of cement. While it is not a weapon by itself it empowers his physical attacks, projectiles are only half boosted (I.E they don’t hurt as much as they would be fully boosted), spells are not considered and so are attacks that do not physically harm the opponent. While it empowers him, it makes him even more tired and exhausted as being filled with negative emotions all the time is bound to make one exhausted. The totem moves at a 3 second delay from Ryan, so if he were to run to the right, it will take 3 seconds for the totem to catch up, alongside that, the totem has to be at arm's reach to boost Ryan. If ever the totem is broken as it's durability enchantment has been stripped away, it is only as durable as hard concrete. The totem will explode letting out to the burst of air, while the explosion does not hurt, it can push a full grown adult to the ground, if it is broken, he will no longer be boosted but he will have better endurance and not be as easily exhausted.

Note: As Angra Linorm boosts physical attacks only and Wind Lord's Laughter boosts wind attacks only, he can only pick and choose one or the other, for example: if he chooses to keep his fist as is and simply imbue it with wind, it will be boosted by Angra Linorm, if he chooses to cloak it in a whirlwind it will be boosted by Wind Lord instead.

- Mark of Wrath - It is regular battle gear “blessed” with durability that is also protected in certain parts by the dragon Entropy's scales. Notably, the shins, the shoulders, the whole chest and the whole left arm along with his right forearm. It is brown at the top with a belt at the right arm of the user alongside black pants for the bottom and large boots. While the cape might look normal, it is in fact a steel mesh and can be used as a weapon and a defensive tool. When attacking it can be used as an additional hit for example, Ryan can use the cape to back hand a person and when defending it can be used to shield him from projectile and close combat attacks by using it to cover his body and use it like a shield (it is worth noting the cape cannot defend against blunt attacks, so a hammer or a punch will not be protected against). It is not however malleable or controllable via the mind of the user, it works and functions like a regular cape. The scales are extremely durable notably being a bit more durable than steel but light as aluminum underneath the scales is are simple leather pieces, These scales tie into Revolting Distaste the more scales Ryan has on the armor the faster it stacks and clouds his judgement, luckily these scales can be removed, from the kneepads to the chest piece and even his entire left arm, removing these however attracts the drawback of being less protected from incoming attacks.

Skills, Spells, & Special Abilities
Strengths-
Proficient Swordsman - While not yet a master, they are no novice. With being the Chosen in his dimension he is subjected to multiple world threatening or life threatening events. So while not the best, it would be your fall if you underestimate his swordsmanship.

Competent Hand to hand combatant - While his hand to hand combat isn’t as good as his swordsmanship they shouldn’t be underestimated, especially considering they are a dirty fighter, blinding opponents, going for weak spots, targeting the head multiple times. They are a novice at using their fists as they lack a real technique and a true fighting style, they are however at their best when using the claws provided by the mark of wrath armor, what they lack in technique they make up for in speed and sheer lethality. He often uses it to claw opponents into submission or having a grappling advantage. He is less of a boxer and more a grappler and wrestler, coupled with his tendency to fight dirty. You have yourself the perfect dirty fighter.

Weakness-
Improv master - He does not have any formal training, to be frank, he’s only survived this long by his sheer determination to keep living and keep fighting. Therefore his go to “fighting style” is akin to mashing buttons in a fighting game and hoping you win. That is why they prefer claws and claw-like attacks, so they can wildly swing around their arms in any direction and still pose a threat. So while unpredictable for a while, any skilled fighter that has lasted long enough in the fight can see the repeated attacks.

Lack of mastery on the element - He is primarily using this element only due to a curse put on him by the wind lord. As an adventurer he prides himself in his versatility, but due to being stripped of that he is unable to use his tools to it's fullest potential.

Abilities-
Revolting distaste - A passive effect where as he wears this armor, his anger and hatred slowly rises and revolts against his clear judgement and thinking, making his attacks stronger but less accurate. His battle tactics become more and more berserk and savage. This effect is mitigated via Consuming Hate and Rising Wrath. This effect can also be mitigated by removing the scales of the armor, removing them however does not get rid of the emotions made before the removal of the scales.

Consuming Hate- With this ability, he is able to imbue his attacks (From his claws, fists, swords, and all other weapons he uses) with wind. Though, they do sacrifice a noticeable amount of damage to inflict onto his opponent a consuming hatred.

Consuming Hatred - With this his opponents are consumed by their hatred their attacks are less likely to hit and they are more open to attacks. This effect does not last forever, any mentally stable individual or strong willed individual, people with high tolerance to anger and hatred can and will have a high chance of breaking free from consuming hatred. This effect can only be done if the individual is hit with a claw attacks and is pierced, basically only being applied if the opponent has been pierced by a claw attack and it cannot be applied via any area of effect attacks. With this attack Revolting distaste is mitigated by passing the anger and hatred onto others. This effect wares of over time and the more the opponent is tolerant to hate, the faster it will ware off. Consuming hatred can only be applied once to an opponent but can be re-applied if it goes away, it does however become weaker the more and more it's re-applied to the same opponent giving them a tolerance to it in the fight. Weaker willed opponents still have the chance to pull through even without waiting for the effect to ware off, if they are distracted or put their focus onto something else, like being hit by a different opponent, fixating on that opponent can get rid of the effect.

Rising Wrath - With this ability, several green sharp winds come from the ground and he taps into his inner hatred, due to this, the attack is powerful but not accurate and is susceptible to missing, not only that they have to touch the ground then raise their hands toward the direction, first to infuse the hating wind into the ground then next to direct it towards the target, this attack has a very short range and four sharp winds bursts out the ground then dissipate immediately after going outside the ground. With this attack Revolting distaste is mitigated by weaponizing the emotions but not passing them onto someone else.

Desolate Reckoning - With this ability, he utilizes all of his anger and hatred and the hate and anger that he passed onto his opponents and while it normally materializes into a small meteor but due to the curse it instead materializes into a small tornado. This is all possible via the armor’s enchantments not because he knows how to do it himself. With this, the effects of consuming hate to anyone who has been applied it will be cleansed. However after firing this attack he will unleash all the anger that has peaked rendering him in a berserk like state, his attacks are not accurate but will very much hurt you when hit by them. The more anger absorbed the stronger the tornado will deal and longer the berserk state lasts. The Tornado itself however has a small area of effect, small but strong blast radius (strong enough to push an adult to the ground with a small amount of distance), anyone past 5 meters of the attack is safe. This attack is notably not boosted by Angra Linrom nor Wind Lord's laughter and generally cannot be used again until enough hatred and anger is gathered. If not fired to the opponent or the ground the tornado within 6 seconds will instead direct itself to Ryan, while it cleanses him of his anger, it will hurt him and if enough damage is dealt to him prior, knock him out.

Personality / Backstory (Optional)
- He is currently in deep thought on how to get back at the wind lord.
Post #: 43
7/22/2023 23:31:50   
Oddball

A very late 2.0! Revisions are all in Bold.
“Only in Hope lies salvation.”

Name: Parralia Anita
Alias: Magia Spes
Element: Darkness
Race: Human

spoiler:

After willingly letting a devil possess her for a short while, she was left with permanent alterations. She is technically half human/half devil

Appearance: Due to the madness that spread through her world, Parralia leans towards wearing baggy, padded clothing for protection. While these give ample protection against small, sharp objects and the like, they’re useless against anything remotely more powerful (Like ballistics, large blunt objects, etc) She typically wears a pair of combat boots with thick, thermal socks, but will occasionally just wear a pair of old, tattered trainers if she knows that she’s not going to be in any real danger.

Parralia stands at roughly 5’9”, with short, black hair and has a pair of goggles that double as a sleep mask permanently affixed to the top of her head. She has a pair of dark-Green eyes that, upon close inspection, appear to have a strange, faint Red tint to them.

While transformed, Parralia’s hair lengthens down to her shoulders, while its colour brightens to a light brown. Her eyes undergo a similar change, turning to a dark Red.
In this form, Parralia sheds her padded clothing and replaces it with a long, poofy black dress that, despite its size, doesn’t appear to negatively affect how she performs in combat. Her boots are replaced with 4-inch tall heels, that she subtly uses a small amount of magic on so that she can keep her balance. The transformation takes a second and a half to complete, and is accompanied by a light that appears much brighter to those looking directly at her.

Personality: Even with her world being in the state that it is, Parralia still tries to remain friendly to those she meets in her travels, and always shows respect to them. She is just a cheerful, friendly person who wants to bring hope to those who have thought it lost forever.

Equipment:

Hope’s Eternal Bangle: On her person, Parralia carries a small onyx-encrusted bracelet which appears to be made of a strange dark metal. This bracelet is her transformation tool, and it must remain within 5 feet of her, or her transformation is instantly nullified. While transformed, this bracelet spreads out over her wrist and hand, becoming a half-gauntlet of sorts. In this state, Parralia typically tends to use it to defend against stronger attacks, as she is confident in the bracelet’s sturdiness. Other than separating her from the bangle, the only other way to force Parralia out of her transformation is knocking her unconscious.

“Blossoming Starlight”: A 4.5ft long battleaxe that doubles as Parralia’s magical staff. Between the two axe-head’s tops lies a small, sturdy crystal that radiates a light demonic energy. Other than the crystal, there doesn’t seem to be anything that would set this weapon apart from a regular battleaxe.

While she can cast spells without use of her weapon, their effectiveness is cut in half, so she takes extra precautions in making sure this crystal stays safe.
In the case of the gem being destroyed, Parralia will lose access to all but one of her spells, that being her very basic one.

She is capable of summoning Blossoming Starlight at any time, whether she’s transformed or not, but the crystal only appears if she is.

Abilities:

Peak physical condition: As a star athlete turned magical girl, Parralia is no stranger to putting her body through long periods of gruelling exercise without rest. While she may not be the fastest, she still sits above average, and she seems to have no troubles with wielding her weapon efficiently.

Magic:

As a magical girl, Parralia has access to a wide variety of spells. However, due to the nature of how she obtained her powers, she is not able to access all of them at a time, and overuse of her magic may lead to unwanted consequences.

Thanks to situations surrounding her acquisition of her magic, Parralia focuses on Shadow-related magics, as it’s what she has the highest affinity to and thus the least taxing on her mind and body.
Those of keen eyes may notice that, while casting spells, Parralia’s own shadow seems to ebb and flow, as if she were using it as a battery for her spells.

Shadowbolt: A straight shot of solid shadow that travels at a similar pace to a crossbow bolt. This spell isn’t made for damaging others, and is more used as a way for Parralia to try and force opponents into directions that she wants them to move in. If this spell does impact another living being, it dissipates on hit only causing very minor damage. This is her weakest spell, and requires very little effort to cast. She is still wary of using it too often, however.

Veil of Shadow: A defensive magic that covers a small area close to where Parralia is in a dense fog. Visibility in this fog is reduced drastically, and those who wind up caught in the fog for long enough (over 3 seconds) will find themselves moving a little more sluggish than usual. Parralia herself is not immune to these effects, but they are reduced if affecting her, and she can only cast this spell once every 6 seconds.

The fog created by this spell dissipates over the 6 second cooldown period, so there can only ever be one placed at a time. The fog spreads around a metre radius of where Parralia cast it, and it slowly spreads out over another metre while active. This spell sits around the middle when it comes to the individual strengths of her magic, and thus appears to affect her shadow more.

Floating Shadow: 3 Blade Technique: Upon casting this spell (she dislikes its name) a set of three different swords made of shadow that float alongside Parralia. One at her left, one at her right, and one that floats behind her back. These swords can be used to strike in tandem with her axe, or sent forth to attack an enemy at range. When used this way, each sword will disappear after two strikes, and Parralia cannot summon another again for 12 seconds.

While one of her strongest spells, Parralia has yet to actually master the use of this spell, and thus can only strike in tandem with one of the swords at a time.

She can use these weapons in an alternative way. By reaching out and grabbing one, it takes a physical form in her hands. While these weapons are incapable of interacting with living beings, the same cannot be said about the shadows of said beings. If Parralia manages to stab one of these weapons into anothers’ shadow, they will be pinned to that location for a period of one second.

However, once used like this, Parralia is incapable of summoning that sword again until combat has stopped, and she de-transforms.

Magia Despero:

spoiler:

If Parralia were to fall into despair, she runs the risk of allowing the demonic energy residing inside of her to fully take control of her body. Following this, she undergoes a harrowing transformation, staining her hair and dress red while removing the colour from her eyes. Like this, her movements become jerky and erratic, and her attacks lose any semblance of efficiency that she would show before.
Her axe is tossed to the side, and she wields the blades of shadow created from her magic as physical weapons. While in this state, they lose the ability to interact with shadows, but are now capable of harming living beings. This state lasts until Parralia is either knocked unconscious, or she is able to escape her own mental prison. If this option is ever reached, she de-transforms and returns to her regular human form, losing all memories of what transpired in the process. Upon activation of this, two of her shadow blades are summoned alongside her. As she has discarded her axe, and halved her magic’s effectiveness, the transformation applies a small boost to both her speed and strength, placing her slightly above human limits.

AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 44
7/23/2023 0:12:28   
Riprose123

Changes are underlined. :)

Appearance and Equipment: Standing tall and slim, Evergreen’s body is covered in the ashy black of charcoal and scorched wood. Black bark covers him in armor, stained with grime and ash in different places. His eyes are sharp and lightly luminescent, cat like slits shaded the color of dew on pine boughs, cutting through the gray ash that covers his face. His hair is charred and uneven, cut into a rough undercut. Where it was once was long and flowing it now appears patchy and jagged, stained with dark soot instead of the bright auburn of fall leaves.Small bits of ember glow from cracks in his skin, emitting enough light to show in the dark but not enough to see by. His arms, legs, and fingers are abnormally long, resembling long bare branches. A small burlap satchel hangs across his chest, filled mainly with seeds of different kinds. Lastly, he carries a gnarled wooden branch that he utilizes as a fighting staff.

Powers, skills and abilities: Evergreen is well practiced with his staff, being able to proficiently defend himself with it, though he is far from a master. His wooden body makes him naturally resistant to bludgeoning and piercing weapons, though slashing is still effective and axe wounds are particularly effective in wounding him. Though he is naturally tougher, his awkward wooden limbs make him less mobile than some humans, though he is not nearly as slow as his Enten cousins. Lastly, as a dryad, Evergreen has the ability to communicate with most non magical wild and plantlife. In addition to his racial abilities, Evergreen possesses several unique powers.

Wildfire: Since the all consuming fire that killed his oak, Evergreen has shown an increasing affinity for flame. He can cause several areas of his body to combust, burning bright and hot without burning himself to a crisp. Those near the flames will begin to quickly feel uncomfortable by the heat and if struck with them will receive burns similar to touching a burning campfire. Additionally, Evergreen can cause combustible materials that he physically touches to combust, with the fires continuing to burn within his control as long as he retains contact with said material. If physical contact is broken, the fires will continue to burn for another few seconds or until the material is consumed.

Seeds of Change: Evergreen possesses a multitude of magical seeds in his satchel in the form of pinecones, acorns and other forms of tree seeds that he can imbue with magical effects. While the satchel always appears to be filled with contents, he only ever has ten seeds in the bag at a time, with new seeds being replaced inside every 15 minutes. His ten seeds are made up of 3 pine cones, 2 willow seeds, and five acorns, with the acorns being used for his more general abilities.

A Bit of Flame: Evergreen pulls one of his seeds and imbues it with flame. Once thrown or placed, the seed will combust once it impacts with enough force or five seconds has elapsed from the initial imbue. The fire spreads across a three foot radius, burning for ten seconds before it dissipates.

Fire Trail: Evergreen pulls an acorn from his bag and aims for a point on the ground. From the point of impact a line of fire erupts, spreading three feet in a straight line from the point of impact. Evergreen dictates the direction of the line of flames, with the flames themselves reaching as high as four feet. This line persists for 5 seconds and burns intensely, quickly burning itself out. As the fire is magical in nature, the material that it lands on does nothing to benefit or deter its ability to burn.

Willow’s Whispers: Evergreen pulls a cottony willow seed from his satchel. When it is crushed, dropped or impacts, it explodes into a cotton white smoke cloud, enveloping a 8 foot diameter and rising six feet up. Once within the cloud, small whispers can be heard by anyone within. What the whispers say differ from person to person and are usually either nonsensical or about subjects that Evergreen would not have knowledge about. Each affected person hears different whispers, with no sound being heard from outside the cloud. The whispers are little more than distracting, though depending on the subject it may cause discomfort in the affected individuals. The cloud dissipates after about 30 seconds and can be burned away by fire or blown away by a strong wind.

Pine Tar: A pine cone is utilized, dripping in sap. When it strikes a target it will cover it and the area in a 1 foot radius around it in sticky pine sap. This does little to hinder a target's movement but may cause discomfort in some species. The pine sap is extremely flammable for about 5 seconds, before hardening and losing its flammable effects. The sap persists until it is chipped off or combusted.
DF MQ  Post #: 45
7/23/2023 1:27:48   
DaiTigris
How We Roll Winner
June14

Round two before I go to sleep. Changes are bolded for convenience.

Mooth/ Cryptid of the Forest
Element: Light
Age range: ????(Adult)
Race: Mothman: A race of large humanoid like moths with large protruding wings where there would be arms. The rest of their main body appears humanoid till you see there neck, where a patch of fur like a moths surrounds their neck. Their bodies are made of shadows making them hard to perceive distinct features. What most would call their eyes glow a deep unsettling shade of red. Racially they do not gain much in terms of speed when on the ground. On the ground they moved in a half hunched over manner, but once airborne they are much more mobile. Their legs become more bird like and end in in clawed bird like talons. Their legs are strong so they can get airborne or deliver strong kicks. They are known for their fanaticism for light to the point of being skilled in light based magic. Mothman are capable of speaking but have primitive understanding of common English, often using broken syntax. If frustrated they may revert to their native tongue, which sounds like chattering and squeaking.

Appearance: Mooth is 5ft tall. Her wingspan when fully extended to 78.7 inches (200 cm). A pair of feathery antennae protrude from the top of her head. There is a cord around her neck that holds a lantern with a soft glowing light inside. Mooth’s skin has a soft and fuzzy like appearance. It feels cool to the touch and delicate like silk.

Equipment:
Lantern: The lamp has an octagonal shaped body, with 8 panes of multicolored glass. The top comes together in a dome latices of delicately patterned dark metal. Very faintly a spark can be seen flickering on the inside. This spark is a faint concentration of pure magical light energy. The top of the lantern has a small catch that can be removed from the cord. This is so Mooth can tactically move it to her feet, which are more dexterous than her wings. It is operated by channeling magic into the spark. The more magic Mooth channels to it in rapid succession the more unstable it becomes. If too much magic is infused it explodes.

Skills:
Flash: She overcharges the spark of light with a fast infusion of magic. The rapid expansion of this infusion causes a bright blinding flash to occur, blinding anyone withing a few feet of her, herself included. She can not use any magic with the lantern for about 15 seconds or else it will overload the spark.

Light slash:
A charged far ranged focused beam of light is shot out from the lantern, this moves at the speed of an arrow. It is hot enough to inflict a serious burn on anything it comes into contact with. It takes a while to charge up and easily noticeable as the power gathers in the lantern, causing a scattered pattern of colored lights to be reflected around the area.

Light spray:
A scatter shot of small pellets of light are shot out of the lantern in a quick spray. This attack is mid range and these do small amounts of damage. It moves at the speed of a fired arrow.

Aura field:
Mooth’s body is encased in particles of light, creating a barrier to protect from physical attacks. This will deflect basic attacks.

flight: Mooth can become airborne to get out of the way of other opponents and attack from the sky. However due to her size it takes a while to get airborne and can reach a max height of 5 feet. She can fly 3 feet higher but can not maintain it for more than a five seconds. She will only do this so she can preform a dive into the opponent to bash them, though chances are this will disorient her.

Wing bash: If an opponent gets too close from her side she will strike at them with the full brunt of her wingspan to shift them away from her. She will then jump out of the way.

Striking claws: Mooth makes an aimed kick strong enough to knock back an opponent. The impact will be strong enough to crack bones(Imagine like an ostrich kick). If the claws impact unprotected parts of the body it will leave deep cuts. Padded armor will be priced by the claws and metal armor will likely be dented.

Repulsive odor:
If an opponent latches on to her and she is unable to escape she will release an offensive smell from her antenee, it has a range of half a foot. This smell is so strong it can make grown men gag in repulsion. This will last a few minutes as the amount produced is not enough to be sustained for long period. She can do it up to two times a day.

Personality / Backstory: A creature of darkness Mooth is mischievous as she is cunning. Her personality and demeanor comes off as childish. However it is simply to the fact that Mothmen are not a complex race. Like most of her kind she will be driven to try and capture objects of light. However she has set her goal becoming the most powerful light magic user. She has a loving supporting husband back home.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 46
7/23/2023 5:58:44   
Kooroo

Full Name: Devon Loake

Elemental Classification (if available): Fire

Physical Description:
Time-locked Age (Physical): 39
Age (Actual): 169
Primary Race: Human
Secondary and Other Race(s): None
Height: 1.80 metres.
Weight: 81 kilograms
Eye Colour: ‘Bottle Green’; #006A4E
Hair Colour: Brown
Skin Colour Classification: Type 2, ‘Fair’

Current Occupation: Administrative Agent—Standard, First Class
ID Number: A1009465
Arm: Executive—Public Safety and Order
Internal Job Level: Two
Duration (years): 12
Current Team: IFR-ADU468
Previous Team(s):
  • Redacted

Prior Occupation:
    Prior Assignment(s): Special Operations, Team L9
    Duration (years): 127

Equipment:
    Administrative Agent's Overcoat:
    Administration—Customised. Size 48.
    Standard-issue Administration overcoat, customised against regulations to the operative's preferences. Relaxed-fit, double-breasted with belt, knee-length. Black resin buttons on the body and shoulder epaulettes. Composite weave focusing on heat dispersion, as well as fire, bullet, and rain resistance. Protection against slashing and stabbing is minimal. Ineffective against water-elemental magics. Brace made from a composite polymer on the right-arm, to aid with weapon recoil.

Bullet resistance is effective for small-arms fire only. Ineffective against arrows and other antiquated projectiles.

Administrative Agent's Uniform:
    Administration—Standard-issue, customised. Shirt size 40, trouser size: waist = 33, length = 34.
    White, pima-cotton dress shirt, regular fit. Charcoal, woollen slacks, tapered fit. Black, saffiano leather belt, rectangular gunmetal buckle. Black, silk necktie with narrow, navy stripes. Burgundy, cotton dress socks.

Uniform has been customised to maintain the comfort of the wearer in warm/hot environments, along with improved fire resistance. Slacks and socks are bullet-resistant and fireproof, to prevent ignition from the operative's own weaponry.

Spec Ops Uniform Accessories—Gloves, Boots (deprecated):
    Military(S.O). Gloves—Customised, size L. Boots—Standard-issue, size 43

Leather gloves, treated with fire and heat resistant enchantments. Black, tight/slim fit. Previously enchanted with additional reinforcement and protection, but these have completely faded with age.

Leather mid-calf combat boots, treated with fire and heat resistant enchantments. Black, wide sole, alloy-toed. Protection enchantments are diminished. Upper layers reinforced with unknown fabrics and materials, preventing damage from blades and potentially low-calibre projectiles. Rubber-composite outsole minimises electrical shock hazards and slippage on slick surfaces, but has reduced effectiveness when such hazards are of a magical nature.

Journeyman's Pocket Watch:
    Personal. Model: ‘The Motivated Voyager'. S/N: TOHP29061363
    Pocket watch, with ancillary features powered by an internal magitech powercell. Ancillary features: chronograph, moonphase viewport—synced to the local realm/planet's moon and/or sun—and a prototype temporal processor.

Upon activation of the processor, the next five seconds will be lengthened to ten for the user, so long as they are attached to the watch's chain. Whether this is due to deceleration of the realm's temporal flow, or acceleration of the user's personal temporal field is unknown.
    Activation will consume the powercell and potentially freeze the watch's movement.

Spec Ops Viewing Lenses (superseded model):
    Military(S.O)—Standard-issue. Colour: #006A4E
    Spectacles made with a metal frame—material unknown, non-reactive alloy. Circular lenses, crafted from synthetic arcane crystal. Night vision, auto-tint, and thermal filters are activatable via mental command. Blue-light, UV, and anti-hex coatings are present—the latter of which is capable of diminishing most forms of mental influence via eye contact.

Colour matches agent's eye colour for compatibility purposes. Lens durability is comparable to standard glass spectacles.

Combat Prowess/Physical Ability:
    Incredibly proficient with a wide variety of both melee and ranged weaponry, as well as unarmed combat. Specialty lies with short swords and throwing weapons. Exceptional marksmanship.

Physical strength exceeds that seen from humans of similar height and weight. Foot speed recorded within the 90th percentile within the Administrative Arm. Reaction speeds within the 98th percentile.

Weaponry:
    Gunblade Falcata:
    Blade: Military(S.O)—Customised. Firearm component: Administration—Customised.
    Blade-Firearm hybrid weapon. Material unknown. A Special Operations falcata with a miniature projectile accelerator grafted along three-quarters of the spine. Trigger fixed into the grip at the corner of the guard. Ammunition loaded individually via top port.
    Has two firing modes:
  • A standard firing pin mechanism
  • A snaplock firing mechanism with a magitech battery serving as a ‘flint', capable of one shot before a new battery is required.

Runework etched into the blade is responsible for reducing weight to a manageable level. Stiff, with no flex. Unreactive and capable of blocking arcane projectiles. Blade is notably sharp compared to most conventional bladed weapons, but not magically so. Tip of the blade is exceptionally sharp compared to the rest, being able to leave large gashes, marks, and even lodge into the hardest metals.

Slugs launched via the firing pin mechanism have limited velocity, range and penetration capabilities compared to conventional firearms. Recoil generated upon discharge makes it prohibitively difficult to fire while swinging. Proper bracing and technique is required to prevent severe injuries to the wielder—broken bones and dislocated limbs have been suffered by testers.

Utilising the snaplock mechanism results in a 0.5 second delay from the trigger pull, but drastically improves speed and penetration capabilities, at the cost of further range. Heavily armoured infantry are likely to be beyond the limit—save a directly aimed shot to the head—though the projectile may still pierce and potentially rupture the material it strikes.
    Recoil generated from the snaplock is greater than the firing pin, capable of sending the user backwards.

Length (blade): 50.7 centimetres
    Length (full): 64.2 centimetres
    Weight: 1.2 kilograms
    Reload time: 5-7 seconds.
    Rounds carried: 7

Skills and Abilities:
    Wall Walking (deprecated):
    The ability to walk on walls. Arcane in nature and a standard skill of Military S.O units, the personal orientation and ‘ground' of the user is ‘rewritten' to the surface that their feet are on. This effect ends when both feet are removed off said surface for more than one second.

Despite the simplicity of the name, the skill also allows the user to traverse ceilings. Whilst sprinting is impossible, a slower run is not. Can be used on virtually any solid surface, so long as 75% of the sole of one foot remains in contact with said surface

Spec Ops Veiling + Enhancements (deprecated):
    Prevents detection of the user through arcane means; ie non-physical mental probes or proximity scans. Cameras and other electronic devices are also unable to visually detect the cloaked user.

Bleeding is considerably reduced when wounded—with total blood loss reduced by up to 50% compared to non-augmented humans. Stamina and reaction times exceed non-augmented human capabilities. Stronger bones and increased muscle density, though strength remains comparable to a human male.

‘Turn the Tide’:
    Improves physical ability, based on both physical condition and personal perception of the situation. Agility and reaction times increase further, in a similar manner to an adrenal response, without mental side-effects. Small surges of increased strength have been observed, though duration has been limited to 2-3 seconds.

Lexicon Contracts:
    None signed.
  • AQW Epic  Post #: 47
    7/23/2023 10:24:11   
    Riprose123

Added some forgotten changes. >.< All are underlined for accessibility.

Appearance and Equipment: Standing tall and slim, Evergreen’s body is covered in the ashy black of charcoal and scorched wood. Black bark covers him in armor, stained with grime and ash in different places. His eyes are sharp and lightly luminescent, cat like slits shaded the color of dew on pine boughs, cutting through the gray ash that covers his face. His hair is charred and uneven, cut into a rough undercut. Where it was once was long and flowing it now appears patchy and jagged, stained with dark soot instead of the bright auburn of fall leaves.Small bits of ember glow from cracks in his skin, emitting enough light to show in the dark but not enough to see by. His arms, legs, and fingers are abnormally long, resembling long bare branches. A small burlap satchel hangs across his chest, filled mainly with seeds of different kinds. Lastly, he carries a gnarled wooden branch that he utilizes as a fighting staff.

Powers, skills and abilities: Evergreen is well practiced with his staff, being able to proficiently defend himself with it, though he is far from a master. His wooden body makes him naturally resistant to bludgeoning and piercing weapons, though slashing is still effective and axe wounds are particularly effective in wounding him. Wounds appear visually as knocks in a tree akin to a lumberjack’s strike, with oozing sap in the place of blood. Evergreen is immune to his own flames and resistant to naturally occurring flame but will be regularly affected by magical sources of flame. Though he is naturally tougher, his awkward wooden limbs make him less mobile than some humans, though he is not nearly as slow as his Enten cousins. Evergreen’s senses are on par with that of a human. Lastly, as a dryad, Evergreen has the ability to communicate with most non magical wild and plantlife. In addition to his racial abilities, Evergreen possesses several unique powers.

Seeds of Change: Evergreen possesses a multitude of magical seeds in his satchel in the form of pinecones, acorns and other forms of tree seeds that he can imbue with magical effects. While the satchel always appears to be filled with contents, he only ever has ten seeds in the bag at a time, with new seeds being replaced inside every 15 minutes. His ten seeds are made up of 3 pine cones, 2 willow seeds, and five acorns, with the acorns being used for his more general abilities.

Fire Trail: Evergreen pulls an acorn from his bag and aims for a point on the ground. From the point of impact a line of fire erupts, spreading three feet in a straight line from the point of impact. Evergreen dictates the direction of the line of flames, with the flames themselves reaching as high as four feet. This line persists for 5 seconds and burns intensely, quickly burning itself out. As the fire is magical in nature, the material that it lands on does nothing to benefit or deter its ability to burn.

Willow’s Whispers: Evergreen pulls a cottony willow seed from his satchel. When it is crushed, dropped or impacts, it explodes into a cotton white smoke cloud, enveloping a 8 foot diameter and rising six feet up. Once within the cloud, small whispers can be heard by anyone within. What the whispers say differ from person to person and are usually either nonsensical or about subjects that Evergreen would not have knowledge about. Each affected person hears different whispers, with no sound being heard from outside the cloud. The whispers are little more than distracting, though depending on the subject it may cause discomfort in the affected individuals. The cloud dissipates after about 30 seconds and can be burned away by fire or blown away by a strong wind.

Pine Tar: A pine cone is utilized, dripping in sap. When it strikes a target it will cover it and the area in a 1 foot radius around it in sticky pine sap. This does little to hinder a target's movement but may cause discomfort in some species. The pine sap is extremely flammable for about 5 seconds, before hardening and losing its flammable effects. The sap persists until it is chipped off or combusted.
    DF MQ  Post #: 48
    7/23/2023 11:18:39   
      Starflame13

Goooood morning Writers! This thread is officially closed now to new bios - and we've got a bit over 12 hours to get our remaining outstanding bios balanced and approved. Let's get to work!

@JhyShy - the result of constantly adding in detail without going back and refining the ability does make for a bit of a disorganized bio in places. That said, I think we got all the information in here that we needed!

One thing I want you to keep in mind that, while the links from the abilities in AQ classic are very cool, the ECs do not function in hard numbers like the games do. Writing is more fluid and flexible, so do not expect how an ability acts in game to be a 1:1 with the arena, especially as your opponents will have a lot more diverse actions than standing there and being hit during your turn! Be ready to collaborate and adapt - you cannot use links or numbers in your posts, so your words will carry the weight.

Approved!

@Oddball - balancing all looks good, so welcome to Parralia! Approved!

@Riprose123 - Thanks for getting another post up to include the additional racial details! With that, I think that Evergreen is good to go. Approved!

@DaiTigris - Wonderful direction with taking on some physical capabilities and the rest of the balancing! I'm going to make the statement that for Repulsive Odor, the smell does fade over time - so it's not gag-inducing for very long even if the smell lingers for minutes. With that, Approved!

@Kooroo - Sneaking in before my alarm went off, I see! For the most part I'd say Devon is well balanced; it helps that the bio is very straightforward so it's easy to parse out the details of the decent complex weaponry. I have a couple clarifications:

First, you specify 7 rounds carried for his Gunblade Falcata, but only make mention of the initial battery. Are these seven shots all intended for standard rounds, or are some of these paired with additional batteries for snaplock rounds? I do want the snaplock to be less available, so while I am ok giving Devon the ability to replace it, it should take a few seconds to swap out the battery, and I'd cap him at 2 refills (3 max).

Second, I have concerns with Turn the Tide. While this does fit in to the human psychology of being able to pull out great feats in high-adrenaline moments, I do not like the potential this has to pair with the Pocket Watch's ability, or the fact that there's no downside - especially once you factor in the damage resistance factor from Veiling means he won't injur himself tapping in to this. For the sake of simplicity and time remaining, remove this ability.

Third, there are a few abilities that look like they'd make more sense in a different setting than the Championships - mostly tied to the Spec Ops Lenses (both some of the filters and the veiling). I'd like to specify that the lenses can only have one filter active at a time, and it requires a constant mental connection to keep it active so as to make it mentally draining to maintain over significant time. This character is already hard to hit due to speed; let's make sure he's not also impossible to surprise.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 49
    7/23/2023 12:18:03   
      Starflame13

Alright, time for some official details!

Rosters have been set and revealed with the currently approved bios! For everyone approved, now is a good time to remind yourself of all tournament rules in the first post of this thread thread. If you are ever unsure, ask before you post!

Arenas will open either at 11:59pm EDT tonight, or when the last bio is approved - whichever comes first. In the case they open prior to Midnight, your 4 day countdown timer will not start until we reach midnight.

Now, a quick note to those who are the only OOC competitor in their element: In-Character, there are still plenty of candidates to all the elements as we assume that their fights are going on in all of the arenas - not just the ones that you take part of!

Out of character, remember that in the case of being solo in your element, this does NOT guarantee you a one-way ticket to the finals. It most cases, yes, but if I feel that your writing or behavior is extremely sub-par compared to the other chosen paragons, I reserve the right to turn it into a wild card slot for a different deserving writer.

Next, some guidelines for your intro posts: thanks to the Elemental Championships, Bren has grown into a fairly big city. You may assume there are plenty of inns, shops, town guards, streets, alleys, courtyards, people, etc. for you to create to fit your story. The Arena itself is on a hill overlooking Bren - so its safe to assume the immediate area is hilly, but I am not setting rules as to what is beyond. Previous descriptions have mentioned rivers (there is at least one that runs through town for the road/bridge leading to the Arena, called Supplicants Way), mountains, deserts, etc.

The Arena itself has a single main gate/entrance, but I have chosen to treat it as a shifting entity unto itself so if there is something specific about the complex you're unsure of, message me. This flexibility extends to the in-character "sign-up" process. While it's become common for people to sign up with a register in their intro post, I like giving writers the free reign to create what they need to enter it now they see fit, if that makes sense - and several people have taken advantage of this by entering through unconventional routes such as the sewer system, having the arena pull them to it while they're in Bren, or even just skipping describing Bren all together and starting their journey by entering their combat arena. Keep in mind that the Arena's 'range' of its power is concentrated in its complex, but does extend throughout all of Bren. Everyone in the City feels its mark.

To those unable to compete this year (or perhaps to those who want to revisit old friends and flames in the city of Bren), please visit the Spectators thread, found here!

As a spectator, you can enter Bren, explore the city, and witness any of the battles that take place this year while in-character! This will be treated similarly to the Yulgar’s Inn Roleplay, where characters do not need extensive (or any) bios, you can include as many people as you’d like in your conversation or simply just observe, and no fighting is allowed. It is entirely for fun (or for practice), and anyone can join in whether or not you participated in this year's ECs (and non-selected competitors are welcome to make their way over to watch as well once we've made it to Finals). Keep in mind: any conversations or activities here DO NOT IMPACT those fighting in the final arena. It is for the spectators' enjoyment only.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 50
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> The Championships >> RE: =Elemental Championships 2023= OOC & Tournament Signups
    Page 2 of 3<123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition