Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning player needs advice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player needs advice
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/15/2024 12:36:24   
ppftw

Hello i have a Non Guardian(although since i plan to return to the game i will get the guardian package) 63 Mage with 10/20/85/75/40/75 Stats.Need help if any of the above gear matters and if its worth to invest in any of the bellow classes/armors

Weapons

Wooden Staff
Classic Savage Troll Club
Hei Quan
Harvenger
Ionic Slasher
Bad-Axe
Fiery DrakeTongue
Armors
Cloth Robes
NightHunter
Tenebromancer's Robe
White Gi
Necromancer Cloak
Shinobi Shozoku
Explorer's Outfit
Dracomancer Armor

Shields

Adventurer Shield
Demon Spirit Prison
Flawed Crystal Aegis
Asgir Shield
Invisible Shield
Dreamcatcher
Chameleon Shield
Void Vindicator

Spells

Daybreak
Current Event
Elemental Gulf
Water Dragon Blast
Elemental Scorn
Ice Dragon Spirit
Boulderdash
Elemental Rage

Pets

Truffle
Gong of the Wind
Hammer Turret

Misc Items

Intellect Scroll
Book of Love
Light Orb
Pendant of The`Galin
Void Visor
Post #: 1
1/16/2024 22:47:55   
Primate Murder

Welcome back!

It would be much easier to give a proper rating if you link your character page, but at your level, honestly, the rating's pretty easy.

You'll want to put all your stats into Int to max out your mana pool, damage, and accuracy, then use a full inventory of wizard armors. They allow your spells to deal ridiculous amounts of damage, and resists do not matter overmuch at levels below 90.

In addition, I'd like to link you to this power-leveling guide. While low levels can be pretty fun in that they make allowances for mistakes - and thus allow you to use really niche builds without shoehorning you into armors of the proper element - you'll want to have at least one character at higher levels. To know what you're aiming at, if nothing else.

Once more, welcome back, and I hope you have fun playing AQ!
AQ DF  Post #: 2
1/17/2024 16:28:33   
Grace Xisthrith

Welcome back 2!

I pretty much agree with Primate Murder, it's exceptional advice. I only want to add a bit of detail and an opinion on what I personally enjoy.

For maxing out your INT stat, you'll probably find after untraining (it's instant to train and untrain stats now btw!) you won't have enough gold to max your INT. You can visit ballyhoo, which will give you a lot of gold for your level, but it still won't be enough. I'd recommend going somewhere between 175-200 INT at your level, and putting the rest in either END (if you want lots of HP and a safety net for mistakes), CHA (if you want pets and guests to not miss all the time), or LUK (if you want to have crits and a higher chance of going first). Personally I'd recommend END, as that safety net can really come in handy.

If you want things to do in game, I'd recommend, in no particular order, the 10th Annivesary (Twilly), 20th Annivesary (Twilly), Class Training Quests (many locations, much nostalgia), Warlic's Quests starting at Dragonlorn Keep and more modern than that, and then the Chessmaster Saga (Travel Map on the left side). Those quests all have fun nostalgia elements, scale to your level, have nice modern rewards and cool boss fights, or I just really enjoy personally (Chessmaster Saga is my favorite saga). That's just my opinion though of course, and do whatever you have fun with in the game.

I'd also say, again in my opinion, you should play a few days without power leveling. Power leveling is so efficient that for some people it takes the fun out of the game, so I'd recommend spending a while (a few hours over a few days) playing around other parts of the game before progressing really fast. Again though, that's just my opinion.

Have fun :)
AQ  Post #: 3
1/17/2024 23:01:17   
Aura Knight

You'll eventually want to replace most of your gear so don't get too attached. In the short term you can get item upgrades from the still accessible frostval event. The set from the quests may prove useful to you later so pick it up if you haven't. Might not be for mages but it's better to have than regret later. You were offered a power level guide which is helpful and from the same place you will find gear info. The wiki there is more focused at the endgame but will help you have goals. Subraces will be helpful too and for mage you likely either want neko if pursuing a beastmage or vampire for pure mage. Mess around with stuff till you find what you like best.

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning player needs advice
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition