Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

So with the stat redesign...

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> So with the stat redesign...
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/19/2024 8:13:45   
Rafiq von den Vielen

... I'm wondering what the best approach for a defensive Ranger (Dex/Luk/Cha) is. I play more of a status bomb that tries to inflict as many statuses as possible and use dots to deal most of my damage (and use pets/guests mainly to inflict even more of those). But is that the way to go now?

Character for context here: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=86957374
Post #: 1
2/19/2024 10:01:41   
zoby77
Banned

I can't give you any first hand advice because I never play ranger builds. But I watched this video recently uploaded after the stat revamp, this guy named Chris shows off his beast ranger build which you might find helpful. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNguu0jYCd8&t=361s

< Message edited by zoby77 -- 2/19/2024 10:06:19 >
Post #: 2
2/19/2024 10:45:51   
Grace Xisthrith

This isn't full what you're looking for, but here's some more information to put the build in context.
-100 Proc / Bow weapon damage is up by 15% (this takes away most of the damage penalty from weapons like Algie's Bow, for example). Or, if you use a weapon like survivor's rifles, you'll do even more damage than before. You can definitely build around this if you want, or you can just let it be a passive buff.
-Guests are still being adjusted right now (I don't think anyone has a totally clear picture on what will and won't ferocious strike at the moment, probably not damage boosters, but what about status boosters? Or statuses in general?), but they should shake out roughly the same. If you're using damage guests only, they'll shake out on average, exactly the same.
-The new DEX lean adjustment mechanic sets your average accuracy to 66% (but with ~20-30% more damage) in longer fights. This is because in the accuracy formula, a miss is worth twice as much as a hit (very oversimplified), so if you hit twice and miss once, your accuracy won't change. You'll still start at 85% accuracy, but after several turns or hits, your accuracy will go down, and your damage will go up by a lot. That's just how it works now.
-My OPINION on the lean adjustment, from very limited playtesting and conversation, is that using status effect weapons in longer fights is less reliable now, because you have a much higher chance to just miss your opponent over and over and not inflict those statuses. Aside from that though, you'll deal a lot more damage even including your higher miss chance (~20% more damage on average, but that's a rough estimate).

You can also manipulate your accuracy manually. If you want to gain accuracy from the lean adjustment system, you can attack with an inaccurate weapon (like say, Gold Spraying Gatling with a -10 bth lean and 5 hits(thanks Chris07) or even by running a low level weapon on purpose ( the cursed scythe is perfect) and giving yourself a high chance to miss, so your accuracy improves. Definitely a lot of reasons not to do this, but you might find it useful
AQ  Post #: 3
2/19/2024 11:47:41   
Rafiq von den Vielen

So if I understand you right it might be worth doing a swap away from status/DoT overload and go back to high-damage weapons like the bloodguns you mentioned while using my CHA purely for status inflictions (mainly elevuln because I collect the cats or miscs) or maybe defensive approaches (Bun-Banneret comes to mind first whenever that returns)?

I might as well do that if that's the case because she was never intended to be a full BM in the first place - I have another character on that account who does that. I always liked the approach of a defensive tank that deals constant damage while being more durable than your average nuker (which I also play but honestly that's boring me at this point so I would rather focus on making her work out with the adjustments).
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> So with the stat redesign...
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition