Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Returning Lvl 150 Beastmaster Fully Offensive Mage Looking For Advice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Lvl 150 Beastmaster Fully Offensive Mage Looking For Advice
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/21/2024 1:24:05   
SetoKaiba007

Hey AQ Forums,

Great to be back. I see a lot has changed especially with the stat redesign. I'm looking for advice on how to
improve my character: https://aq.battleon.com/game/flash/charview?temp=11822604

I have an offensive mage playstyle and would like to optimize equipment, pets and guests. I would also like to know
what bosses are worth challenging and what the meta is atm in terms of strategy and tactics for difficult content with my build.

Thanks again for all your help and Happy Snugglefest! .
Post #: 1
2/21/2024 20:38:01   
zoby77
Banned

Sup Kaiba wrong game Xd. I could recommend some stuff but I I'm not sure if you would like or enjoy the playstyle that some of these items would come with. From looking at your inventory it looks like, you like killing stuff a fast as possible so I would say get book of burns. its an extremely cheesy weapon that I think can kill any monster in the game if you are willing to put the time in(if you get it you will understand what I'm saying), it can regen mana, has a strong fire spell and a defensive barrier its a sick tome weapon, also getting this weapon you have to do a quest where you fight increasingly difficult bosses one after another, so 2 birds 1 stone.

Also I wouldn't carry around more than 1 blood mage because all of the blood mages boost spells. If you cast a spell from a misc item or shield or weapon or any of your regular spells, as long as you have a blood mage equipped those spells will be boosted, its like X2. All you need to make sure then is you have 1 spell of each element, but that's not even much of an issue for you because you have prime chaos orb. Your carrying 3 blood mages my advice to you G is drop 2, pick your favorite color and roll with that one as your nuking armour. That frees up 2 slots I suggest you fill one of the slots with geocastellum robes, its an armour that your not going to use 90% of the time but when your about to die or a boss is hitting to hard it can reduced the amount of incoming damage to single digits or zero for like 10 turns if you keep stacking its armour skill. Dark invader is a must get for I think since you have troposhield, but your going to have to wait for that to come around.

Good Luck Man
Post #: 2
2/23/2024 11:51:31   
SetoKaiba007

Thanks for the suggestions man. Did the quests and tried them out they are great. I was also looking for a panic button option and the geo is just what the doctor ordered.
What would be your recommendations otherwise for mage?
Post #: 3
2/23/2024 18:52:05   
CH4OT1C!

In my opinion, your build is somewhat one-dimensional in that it relies almost entirely on outgunning your opponent using elecomped damage spells that are further boosted by your weapon inventory. Although this is an excellent strategy to maximise your damage output, it will suffer tremendously against monsters that have substantial damage caps (which includes most modern bosses). Compounding this, you have no END investment, putting further strain on your HP given how much Bloodmage charges per spellcast.

Some simple things to immediately see improvement:
  • Drop all bloodmages, as their primary use nowadays is for farming. If you enjoy spellcaster, your best option is now to employ spellcaster lean armours.
  • Essence of Carnage isn't doing you many favours since your whole inventory is geared towards spell damage. Your weapons deal less damage, but that Guest heals MP only on weapon attacks. You may as well drop it to free up a spell slot.
  • Speaking of which, as most of your spells are basic damage options, it might be worth looking to see what other utility options are available and useful to you. A heal spell, for example, wouldn't go amiss.
  • Drop sunburst amulet for the misc in the Necromancer class shop, and train necromancer fully if you haven't already.

This is nowhere close to an exhaustive list of changes you could choose to make, but this is enough of a start to help push you in the right direction of the modern metagame. There are a number of different bosses you could choose to fight. Here are a couple of options:
  • War-Torn Dragon [Burning Solstice: The choice to fall. Talk to Sage Uldor in Yulgar's Tavern]
  • Shadowscythe Virophage [War Between Shadows: I Name you Deceit. Talk to Warlic and check his quests]
  • Empowered Pestilence [The Last Ride. This is also with Warlic]

NB: Please note that these bosses are intentionally difficult, and you might struggle with your current setup.

I'd also recommend checking out the unofficial Wiki for potential equipment options.

< Message edited by CH4OT1C! -- 2/23/2024 18:56:52 >
  • AQ  Post #: 4
    2/24/2024 1:22:25   
    zoby77
    Banned

I would have also recommended essence of carnage but guests have gotten sht on recently and it's upkeep is so high its not worth it. Before the stat change if you used this guest you could sacrifice 1 turn auto attacking(I say sacrifice bc if u a mage you don't want to auto attack), to gain back 1 turns worth of spell casting(600-700 mp).Now you have to take 2-4 turns auto attacking to gain back enough MP to cast 1 spell which is against your playstyle I think since you want to be killing things ASAP not wasting turns auto attacking. It costs more use and regens less CrAzY.

Boss man^ makes good points, your inventory is heavily based around damage you need to get some resource management items so you can sustain yourself. Despite what he says though I don't think you should get rid of all your bloodmages you should hold on to one as a multi spell nuking armour, and when paired with the right guests, miscs or pets (e.g optico with fairy godmother) you can sustain the HP it eats taking you through 80% of the game and the other 20% it can't handle your necromancer class should. Necromancer is so good i'm sure you already know it can hit very high with it's bleed and fear eating or you can go the other way and it can be a very good defensive armour with its barrier effect.

The best thing I can probably recommend is go watch random Korriban Gaming and Brady Simmons Adventure Quest videos, specifically their "showcase" vids. You'll get a good idea of all the different combinations of "meta" items. That's how I learned I didn't feel like reading rocket science formulas that people post on the forums XD though I appreciate their efforts I know it helps others.
    Post #: 5
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Q&A >> Returning Lvl 150 Beastmaster Fully Offensive Mage Looking For Advice
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition