Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Friday, March 22nd Design Notes: Book 1/2 Reimagined: Braughlmurk

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Friday, March 22nd Design Notes: Book 1/2 Reimagined: Braughlmurk
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/22/2024 20:39:16   
Laeon val Observis

quote:

Friday, March 22, 2024
Book 1/2 Reimagined: Braughlmurk
Hey there heroes!

This month's Reimagined release is here! On the northwest coast of Greenguard, nestled between the mountains, lays the ruins of a once proud paladin order...

Braughlmurk was once a strategic harbor stronghold, until it came under attack by necromancers. In the ensuing battles, the entire area was ruined and tainted.

Now, many years later, the spirits of Light and Darkness still remain...

We've completely reworked the Braughlmurk area and quests to facilitate upgrading those Doom and Destiny weapons, and DeathKnight relics!

Braughlmurk Cape now has 3 quests available:
  • The Tower, which will reward you with Braughlmurk Bindings.
  • The Crypt, which will reward you with Shadow Bone Shards.
  • The Battlefield, which will reward you with both!
The Tower and the Crypt are both short quests with unchanging layouts to facilitate questing. However, they also both contain an optional bonus enemy that drops 4 times the normal experience and gold, should you choose to fight them!

The Battlefield, however, is a 400 room random dungeon that has a high chance of rewarding you with either Bindings or Bone Shards in dead end treasure rooms. Finding the end of the battlefield will only reward you with one of either of the two resources— so completing the quest is not necessary for the most rewards.

Ennwen will now also only forge Destiny weapons. As for how you'll empower your Doom weapons... you'll have to explore and find out!

There are also 4 new cosmetic helms available! These new paladin helm recolors are available for either 13 Braughlmurk Bindings or 13 Shadow Bone Shards each.

Head over to the ruins of Braughlmurk Cape to explore this month's Reimagined release!

Also this week, a bug fix!
  • The Astravian DeathKnight customization no longer improperly uses the Spectral DeathKnight mouth.

And that's all for this week! A bit of a lighter release, since we're still recovering from last week's epic main story finale beginning.

That still leaves one more week for this month though... And we're going to be doing our best to bring you Convergence (Part 2)!

DF AQW  Post #: 1
3/23/2024 2:29:32   
Flabagast

Ahh Braughlmurk Cape... I remember spending hours grinding for the Upright Blinding Light of Destiny. I'm glad it's easier for newer players to upgrade their own weapons without having to rely on RNG so much.

spoiler:

I also like that Ennwen only upgrades Destiny weapons now, and that the new NPC (who I assume must be a Doom Spirit themself) is conveniently right next to the crypt. Narrative-wise it makes sense that Doom weapons are taboo, and that a blacksmith descended from an old Paladin Order wouldn't dare touch them.

Looking forward to next week!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
4/5/2024 0:44:08   
chaoticBrain

It's a great redesign of Braughlmurk. I remember my first visits to the old version had me running around trying to figure out what lead to what I wanted. Once found, I still wasn't sure it was right. The reimagined version doesn't have that issue. Quick and straight-forward getting those drops.

Leaving this new Braughlmurk is another matter. Whether it's by running back to the start of Braughlmurk or trying a "shortcut" through the book, I end up with a black screen. I can hear the Falconreach music, but I don't see Falconreach itself. Just going to Braughlmurk and exiting doesn't seem to set it off. I've been running for the shadow bones shards, so doing a quest may be the trigger.
Post #: 3
4/5/2024 2:42:59   
Laeon val Observis

^Have you considered cache clear before any odd testing?
DF AQW  Post #: 4
4/5/2024 3:20:08   
Lee

quote:

Leaving this new Braughlmurk is another matter. Whether it's by running back to the start of Braughlmurk or trying a "shortcut" through the book, I end up with a black screen. I can hear the Falconreach music, but I don't see Falconreach itself. Just going to Braughlmurk and exiting doesn't seem to set it off. I've been running for the shadow bones shards, so doing a quest may be the trigger.

Just tried it myself and getting the same issue. Surprised no one's mentioned it as far as I know. I've tested the "tower" quest and having the same issue. I'll throw a report of it on one of the community Discord servers just in case if it's not seen here as well. (No telling if it'll be seen there as well but y'know. At the least it spreads the word).

quote:

^Have you considered cache clear before any odd testing?

Yes. Tested it before and after cache clear with the same result.

The music seems to be using Book 1's Falconreach Music as well which is interesting.
Forgot Braughlmurk in Book 1 was updated, and that this isn't a new Braughlmurk in Book 3 lol

< Message edited by Lee -- 4/5/2024 3:36:20 >
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> Friday, March 22nd Design Notes: Book 1/2 Reimagined: Braughlmurk
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition