Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 4 of 24«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2005 13:59:27   
rich316

yes i have the free trial to which is no good because by the time i get used the the program it will be over
AQ  Post #: 76
9/17/2005 4:31:18   
stuki

can someone plz tell me exactly how to go about creating a motion guide??it would very helpful thanks
AQ  Post #: 77
9/17/2005 4:44:12   
Zoltan

do you mean a guide layer that the movie clip follows or a motion tween?
Post #: 78
9/17/2005 4:47:44   
theswordinthemorning

stuki. you know the timeline right? well draw a squareon the 1st frame for example, also create keyframes frame 10, also for example. then click back on the 1st frame. after you have clicked on the 1st frame hold down shift and click on the other key frame that we said was in frame 10. right click and you will see thing called create motion tween, click that and select your square and move it to the part of your screen you want it to go.
then you should see in the time line some frames havee turned blue and have an arrow pointing right. then view the movie (ctrl and enter at the same time)
AQ  Post #: 79
9/17/2005 5:11:52   
Zoltan

The first page on this tutorial covers motion tweens...

But just incase

1) Draw your object in the stage of the first keyframe of the timeline and make the object a movie clip

2) Create another keyframe at say frame '10' on the timeline in that same 'layer line'

3) In frame 10 move the object to where you want it to move or 'tween' to

4) Right click in between keyframes 1 and 10 and go 'add motion tween'

5) Press enter to test tween

Hope that works some things may be different because im on an apple
Post #: 80
9/17/2005 5:12:51   
stuki

oh sorry i meant motion guide not motion tween...soz soz soz
AQ  Post #: 81
9/17/2005 5:30:55   
Zoltan

Well then thats a little more difficult to explain without pictures but ill give it a shot

1) Draw you object and make it a movie clip

2) Creat a keyframe at frame 10

3) Create a guide layer (where the 'new layer' button is, put your mouse over the other symbols and see if you can find 'insert gguide layer')

4) On the guide layer draw the line that you want your object to follow

5) Down the bottom of the screen there should be a tool bar called the 'property inspector' when you click on you layer (not guide) it should come up with options such as 'tween' and so on, add a motion tween and also try and find, and select orient to path and snap or something like that you can also add ease, meaning that the object will start of slow and gain speed or the opposite. there should also be a rotate option meaning during the tween the object will rotate the chosen rotation.

6) in the first keyframe place the object 'centerd' on the start of the guide line and in frame 10 at the end

7) press enter to test

that was a pain to understand so bellow i will post a link to download a .fla of how to do this...

http://haze.voodoolabs.net/guide.fla
Post #: 82
9/17/2005 6:44:10   
stuki

thanx so much

but i'm still stuck...wheres this so called property inspector u speak of.....soz for being a pain

and i even downloaded it but i still dont get none of it.....that dosnt make any sense soz

< Message edited by stuki -- 9/17/2005 6:57:36 >
AQ  Post #: 83
9/17/2005 7:52:17   
independence quiad!!

hey zoltan thanks even i didnt know how to do motion guide(probaly coz i never made an effort to)

AQ DF  Post #: 84
9/17/2005 10:50:00   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuki

thanx so much

but i'm still stuck...wheres this so called property inspector u speak of.....soz for being a pain

and i even downloaded it but i still dont get none of it.....that dosnt make any sense soz

open the properties tab at the bottom now, left hand column there is a box with "button/movie clip/ or graphic" right below that box it says <Instance name> there you type the name of your button/ Movie clip./ graphic

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/17/2005 15:12:16 >
AQ DF  Post #: 85
9/17/2005 15:13:17   
rich316

yay ive got flash forever now ill install it later im still reading tutorials lol
AQ  Post #: 86
9/17/2005 15:45:15   
lil boi blue

tell me the ones that are confusing to understand so i can fix them until i find a way to get a full version of the video screening program
AQ DF  Post #: 87
9/18/2005 1:30:47   
Atlas
Legendary Truth

Dont forget to ask me any of your questions, just dont ask many actionscript questions please(I am not very fond of code)
AQ  Post #: 88
9/18/2005 1:33:08   
Zoltan

so you must be into making movies then.... not much else you can do not using actionscript kinda limits your options
Post #: 89
9/18/2005 1:56:33   
lil boi blue

here goten, i'll put you on tutors too

whats your main "specialty"
AQ DF  Post #: 90
9/18/2005 4:22:51   
Atlas
Legendary Truth

I would say ummmm artwork I can help people with creative things.
AQ  Post #: 91
9/18/2005 15:10:49   
firmater
Banned

I Tried getting Flash MX 7 But I Can't Find it I downloaded Flash MX 8 but My Pc's Me So it Won't take It

So Could Somebody Give Me A Tryout link For Flash?

~Thanks~

Neremind Got It

< Message edited by firmater -- 9/18/2005 15:12:59 >
AQ  Post #: 92
9/18/2005 17:05:14   
lil boi blue

how is goten's post 1:22:51 and firmaters 12:10:49??? o well

also do you mean that new flash studio 8? or flash MX/professional 2004
AQ DF  Post #: 93
9/18/2005 22:32:03   
Zoltan

I felt as though I haddnt done anything for the new flash users soooo.... I made this thing

I dont know if the apple toolbar is different to the windows one, but if it is i dont give a flash... also if this is to big for our 56k friends ill make it a link but i doubt that it is...

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 9/18/2005 22:36:52 >
Post #: 94
9/18/2005 22:36:42   
lil boi blue

"i dont give a flash" thats good,yes, its the same, just different skin background you can see what my screen looks like on the front post

well, right now in flash im making a movie where there are two kids, bully and good, bully challanges them and then they convert to SUPER STREET JAPANESE ANIME FIGHTER FIGHTERS-ERERS!! and fight japanese anime style from there, quote from script

"me and my rediculously huge hairdo will beat you to a CRISP!"
"I have 500 attack points, you stand no chance"
"GO SPEED RACER GO!!"

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/18/2005 22:37:29 >
AQ DF  Post #: 95
9/18/2005 22:38:53   
Zoltan

funny stuff ill have to see that when its finished

whoops forgot to mention a good site for flash movies, games and such that is not newgrounds.....gasp......
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/
good stuff..... a quote from a funny flash move "you want the strawbery,... you cant have it"

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 9/18/2005 22:42:10 >
Post #: 96
9/19/2005 3:51:19   
stuki

yer and im back and i still need help(sigh)

yes i know zoltan explained it but maybe if little boi explained it might make more sense

oh and say it simply im a bit noobish
AQ  Post #: 97
9/19/2005 4:25:27   
Zoltan

omg i even gave you a download .fla jeze

you got lucy i found this..... http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/motion

< Message edited by Zoltan -- 9/19/2005 4:31:46 >
Post #: 98
9/19/2005 10:00:34   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: stuki

yer and im back and i still need help(sigh)

yes i know zoltan explained it but maybe if little boi explained it might make more sense

oh and say it simply im a bit noobish

what do you need,
this is my highlight of the forums at the moment, dont worry your not n00bish, just confused^_^

(by the way i have the day off though i will be gone for 7 hours to do service)

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 9/19/2005 10:03:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 99
9/19/2005 13:59:13   
rich316

hmm whilst messing around in flash i created http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?image=littlecar8bq.swf yes im aware the sky is the wrong way up but i was being lazy because i had spent to long on it. i will continue to mess around in flash and ill see if i get any better
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash help and tutorials, come here to share your wisdom or ask questions
Page 4 of 24«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition