Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Direct Mod Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Direct Mod Questions
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2006 15:53:01   
Evant3h1337

Where would a sprite comic be posted on the Gallery sub forums?

In the normal gallery, its definately not hand drawn, and its not quite digital, it should fit fine in the normal gallery
Thanks J ^_^

< Message edited by Evant3h1337 -- 1/28/2006 17:23:55 >
AQ  Post #: 76
1/31/2006 11:58:19   
T@G
Banned

J, do you have any tips on drawing the same characters consistently? Like you would a comic.

And do you know of any quick tips for drawing bodies? (Besides the head being an eighth of the body trick, Im talking more cartoonish. :] )

~Thanks in advance~

Oh, one more thing, got any tips for making things look more metallic in hand drawn art?

Okay, lots of good questions...

1) The best tip to drawing a character consistently, is draw three versions of it, front view, left view and angle view. once you have that, when you do your other character at different angles, you can draw a rough estimate of what it should look like, then fill in the detail by looking at your original designs.

2) Depends how cartoonish you want it. if its super cartoonish, there are no tips, go crazy! there are no rules for drawing cartoons, you can make ten foot arms and the head the size of a melon if you want, but if you're looking for a specific stlye, look at other peoples work a lot, there's no shame in being inspired by other's works. If you look at disney characters for example, even though its not all the same person who drew them all, they all have the same style because they were inspired by each other.

3) Contrast! metal has the great ability of capturing light beautifully, so draw everything on the metal darkish, then leave pure white areas to add contrast and reflected lighting.

< Message edited by J -- 2/2/2006 13:38:52 >
Post #: 77
2/1/2006 1:21:38   
lil boi blue

ironically enough i have a flash question, how would i create barriers out of MC's or graphics, i went to flashkit.com and went through 9 search pages of things not even close to barriers, one guy didn't even complete his actionscript, if you know that would be great, worse case do you know someone who would, i was thinking arklen because he even has a title Flashy! so might give a clue lol
AQ DF  Post #: 78
2/1/2006 3:14:35   
Zoltan

Hello J

I have been using flash for ohh say a year now, I can make games ok but my art seems to fail me, I find it easy to draw things its just rendering that gives it that 'life like look', that extra kick, What would be your sugestions if you have any...

PS: I allready answered lil boi blues question above ^^^ XD, not that, that matters

That extra kick you're looking for can be done using lighting. someone can do a big beautiful artwork, and then as soon as they add shadows and lighting, it really stands out. look at shapes and how they react to light, a lot of them behave differently than you would think they would.

< Message edited by J -- 2/2/2006 13:41:33 >

Post #: 79
2/3/2006 13:01:09   
®ÅZ¤R

hey J

could you give me a few examples on how i can get a good rating? please?
AQ DF  Post #: 80
2/10/2006 5:34:11   
cyrus515

can you tell me how to make a sig

If you go through the topics in the Gallery Q&A you will find lots of topics reguarding this question. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/10/2006 17:37:01 >
AQ  Post #: 81
2/12/2006 7:53:29   
VampireHSS

Do you know any 3D Art-Making Program or any 3D Game Maker (that can import 3D art)? Free or not very expensive would be apretiated. I've seached google plenty times..
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 82
2/12/2006 12:08:24   
VampireSlayer2

Seeing as no one has locked the threads I asked to be locked I'll ask again. Can you please lock these three threads?

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=3326683
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=2151724
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=1531405

Locked the first two, third one is not at 30 pages. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/12/2006 14:02:26 >

AQ DF  Post #: 83
2/13/2006 6:10:12   
prince of YOU

how do i put a link in a sig?

[image]URL[/image]

URL = The link to the sig. Keep in mind sigs can be no bigger then 500x100. ~Grafh

Righty
ill keep that in mind thaks. ill need that info!
haha!

< Message edited by prince of YOU -- 2/14/2006 3:50:39 >

Mystats: http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c368/aqwold/sigrevengekillersoflore.jpg
AQ  Post #: 84
2/13/2006 20:54:12   
VampireSlayer2

quote:

Locked the first two, third one is not at 30 pages. ~Grafh

I asked for the third one to be locked because there is a new thread.

Alright, locked now. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/13/2006 22:30:22 >
AQ DF  Post #: 85
2/15/2006 12:53:23   
AkiaLiam

I couldn't find anything about this in any of the stickies, but do poems and/or songs posted in the main Gallery of Creative Adventurers forum have to be in some way related to an Artix Entertainment game? Other than the obvious (no profanity, no 'adult only' descriptions, no hate-mongering, etc.), what rules are there in regard to allowed/prohibited content in poetry and/or songs posted in the main GoCA forum?

Yes songs and poems are to be posted in the GoCA area. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/23/2006 13:39:28 >
AQ  Post #: 86
2/21/2006 21:10:16   
Crimson Falcon

How does everyone get Photoshop? Don't you have to pay for it? It just doesn't seem possible.
Everybody I ask says something about torrent. What is torrent? How do you torrent cuz I want Photoshop.

They download the 30 day trial , other then that its $500. As for torrent I never heard of it. If you are looking for a paint program try GIMP, thats a free program. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/23/2006 13:41:29 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 87
2/23/2006 10:25:29   
Mandrax

Is there a way of getting the qualitie on paint better,i dont want to download GIMP.

I think www.pixel2life.com has Paint tutorials, other then that keep trying. ~Grafh

Thanks

< Message edited by Lord Mandrax! -- 2/23/2006 16:01:15 >
Post #: 88
2/26/2006 21:50:07   
lil boi blue

quote:

ORIGINAL: SaiyanDragoon

How does everyone get Photoshop? Don't you have to pay for it? It just doesn't seem possible.
Everybody I ask says something about torrent. What is torrent? How do you torrent cuz I want Photoshop.

They download the 30 day trial , other then that its $500. As for torrent I never heard of it. If you are looking for a paint program try GIMP, thats a free program. ~Grafh

i know members aren't supposed to answer but for the second part about torrents i can give a quick answer, torrents are used to illegally download programs against their copyrightprotections, you may think "wow, torrents sound great, so what about illegal purposes" but in torrents they are not all "safe" some include massive viruses, some are even from authorities sending out trojan horses to sneak in and see how many illegal things you've downloaded and sue you like there is no tommorow by finding out where you live as well. its been done numerous times, you get them by *virtual truck goes by followed by an ambulence and a burning train* and thats how you get them (no, im not telling because its illegal and i highly suggest you never mention torrents in public or here for that matter.....like i just did, you can get in a lot of trouble, how do i know about this stuff? school, i bet half of your grade know about it, lol mine did)

QUESTION: just for preferable purposes, what do you prefer more when it comes to flash,medium quality picture movies, low quality picture games, or high quality single images? always wondered what people liked more

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/2/2006 19:12:06 >
AQ DF  Post #: 89
3/4/2006 10:59:30   
bootz

i think i'm just being stupid and aren't useing my eyes but where is the forum where you give and receive gifts i've been there before i just can't find it.

nvm found it.

< Message edited by bootz -- 3/5/2006 22:40:58 >

AQ  Post #: 90
3/11/2006 11:08:20   
lil boi blue

how do i make links to go to certain parts of my post if possible, it may make it easier for my Q&A thread lol

If you want to know how to hotlink to a post, you just click the post number link in the bottom right corner of the post. For instance, this post's link is http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=4116358

i mean like in my flash Q&A first post, its massive, so i was wondering how to get to a certain part of the post like if you press a certain link in it, it brings you to the coloring part or the the actionscript part etc

No, but now that you're at thirty pages you could try putting each section on a new post, if you'd like. I don't see a problem with that if it will help for future reference.

< Message edited by Metal -- 3/11/2006 21:48:54 >
AQ DF  Post #: 91
3/11/2006 21:40:20  1 votes
Rune Ready
Banned!

i was in the suggestions forum and i was posting replies every so often. I think i was told by Chii that i have to wait ane ENTIRE DAY to make ONE MORE POST?????????????????????????????????????????? is this true?
and by the way he said there had to be new info in the post
Here it is: if this is true, IT IS THE STUPIDEST RULE THAT CAME INTO EXISTENCE SINCE RULES WERE FRICKIN INVENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man i shouldnt be posting this

Yes, it is a rule. No bumping threads with pointless posts. You have to wait 24 hours to bump your thread, and you must have an update to the front post. That is the suggestion forum's rules, and if you'd like to continue to post there, you will follow them. If you have a problem with the rules, send a PM to the ArchKnight or Moderator of the forum and take it up with them.

On a note, no, you shouldn't be posting that.

< Message edited by Metal -- 3/11/2006 21:51:30 >
AQ  Post #: 92
3/11/2006 22:23:16   
.Heads
Banned

Delete this post. Didn't realized blu ewasn't finished.
Also, thanks for giving me a negative rating for making someguys sig that he could never have dreamed of making. And for making me quit the sig making buisness. You can lock my Gallery now.

I regret ever giving you those gifts.

Read the rules if you don't want negative ratings. If you want to overreact because of -1 rating point, be my guest. Deleted the post you requested.

< Message edited by Metal -- 3/11/2006 22:31:50 >
AQ  Post #: 93
3/15/2006 21:31:55   
Teh Shadow

How do you put the link to ur gallery into one of ur sigs?
I've been wondering this for a while and I even made a sig FOR it lol...

Got it done thx to Lonna

< Message edited by Mavric -- 3/18/2006 0:37:26 >
AQ  Post #: 94
3/15/2006 22:21:25   
Jecht the Pirate

my signature is a the right size but it won't show and i have no idea why do sigs have to do with battleon?

That sig link does not work. Just a FYI max sig size is 500x100. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/16/2006 1:02:52 >

Your sig has been ICED
500x100 pixels and 50kb MAXIMUM (and in total).
AQ  Post #: 95
3/21/2006 23:21:21   
siris99
Weapons Master

I was reading the digital art rules, and they have a limit on the number of images that can be displayed per gallery/sig there. My question is, does the same rule apply to galleries in the GoCA forum? I use mainly images and not links in my gallery, so should I change that? If i need to change it, how many images per gallery are we allowed in the GoCA forum?

Unless J says other wise, no. I made that rule for only the Digital Arts area. ~Grafh

cool, thanks master don juan of roses

< Message edited by siris99 -- 3/21/2006 23:52:36 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 96
3/28/2006 1:27:32   
Marth_2

Are the creators of AQ teens?!?!?
AQ DF  Post #: 97
4/7/2006 18:31:48   
superpowersROCK

uhhh how do i post my uh pic

[image]URL of image[/image] Same as posting your sig in your profile. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/8/2006 6:15:28 >
AQ DF  Post #: 98
4/17/2006 12:55:46   
xxXxx

why dont you allow animated avvys?
Post #: 99
4/17/2006 20:26:01   
Da cheese

Is www.Jaestudio.com a legitimate place to get sig renders?

Sorry but I'm going to say no. If you are looking for renders stay away from sites like jaestudio. If you are looking for renders look here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=3944228 I posted links to render sites there.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/18/2006 20:02:20 >
Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Direct Mod Questions
Page 4 of 8«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition