Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Direct Mod Questions

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Direct Mod Questions
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2007 21:49:16   
Pink Pengee

Are you able to pull images from Google for backgrounds, as long as you use the render sites for the other images on the signature?

No. Never use Google for images for sigs. Look here for image links http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=7512792

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/24/2007 18:24:22 >
AQ  Post #: 151
1/31/2007 22:15:00   
Krieg

I acknowledge this rule:
quote:

Artwork requests

Many of the people around here offer request forms that you may fill out to get a piece of artwork made for you. However, if no one has the style you may be looking for, you can ask in the Gallery Q&A. Personal request threads will be deleted on sight.

However, I'm unsure what is meant by "Personal request threads". Does that mean requesting for a specific person to do the task, or requesting anything for oneself, or something else?

You can request artwork in the Gallery Q&A. The only thing you can't request are sigs. We have sig shops in the Digital Arts for that.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/1/2007 8:20:57 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 152
1/31/2007 23:34:50   
EragonZZZZ

I actually have two questions. I hope its okay that I ask them both

1. What do you feel is the easiest way to draw someone from 3/4 point perspective (like how AQ armors are drawn...specially guardian armor)?

and

2. Is the animated short "Artix vs. the Undead" keyframed, tweened, or both? Did the artists/animators have several symbols for each view of a character
or was each frame redrawn?

Thanks for any answers
-EragonZ

Sorry I don't know your answers. And I'm not part of the development team so I don't know the second questions answer.

EDIT: Thats okay. Thanks for trying to help.

< Message edited by EragonZZZZ -- 2/1/2007 19:22:35 >
AQ  Post #: 153
2/4/2007 20:33:52   
lguan

How do you make a Flash drawing?

Are there people who can turn a handdrawn drawing into a flash drawing? (someone who can possibly do it for me?)

What program do you need to create one? I heard about one of them, but they are SO expensive. I really want to have my handdrawn pictures turned into a flash drawing. Is Adobe flash player a Flash drawing program?

Most likly those people are drawning in Flash. You can download a 30 day trial of Flash if you like. I'm not sure if they use anyother program. It never hurts to ask them.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/4/2007 22:59:22 >
AQ  Post #: 154
2/11/2007 13:06:55   
cheeseman

Can you use gimp?

If you can, I get an error: Could not load MS sans FS 8, reverting to Sans 8. aborting....

This comes up when I save, even when there is no text.

And, if you can't use Gimp, how do you shadow?

Never used GIMP. You might want to read up on some tutorials found here. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=5591733

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/11/2007 17:40:57 >
AQ  Post #: 155
2/11/2007 13:42:20   
lguan

If I put comics that I made in MS Paint, in my gallery, which is in the handdrawn/crafted section, would that be violating the rules?

So long as your gallery does not become mostly MS Paint works you are ok.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/11/2007 17:42:11 >
AQ  Post #: 156
2/20/2007 17:19:14   
lguan

I have submitted something to become an approve author, but ever since it was commented and I posted back, there has been no reply. And this was quite some time ago. The story I submitted is very old now and I was wondering if it was possible for me to post another story (since my first story is all the way past the 2nd page) and submit it to be approved. Also, have I been completely forgotten of does this process just take some time?

Thank you!

You might want to PM Falerin, he would be able to help you out.

Sorry, have one more question.

Don't mean to sound ... well, impatient or anthing but, for the Illustration Contest, have the winners already been chosen or are they chosing them?

Sorry I did not see that last part. But that is Falerin's contest, so he is the one to ask as well. I'm sure he will post something when he has decided, but he seems busy as of late.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/12/2007 20:24:44 >
AQ  Post #: 157
2/22/2007 15:57:34   
Master Magic Mage

ok, i need help on fonts. what site should i dowload fonts on, and how do i upload it on gimp?

See here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=5591733

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/22/2007 19:00:58 >
AQ DF  Post #: 158
3/12/2007 20:07:05   
rocklover88

How do u get a hand drawn picture and turn it into ur signature?
Or if u can't, then how do u get 1 from a website?

Use an image editing program to re-size the image to a max size of 500 in lenght and 100 in height (this is provided that you already scanned your image onto your computer). MS Paint should be able to do this for you just fine.

Once you have done that. Sign up for a www.photobucket.com account. Don't worry, its free and safe. Upload your image onto photobucket.

Photobucket will provide you with a URL code (example: www.photobucket.com/myname/mysig.jpg).

Now in your sig box under "Profile" (link for that in in the upper right hand corner of the forum). Add the image tags to the URL. Example:
[image]www.photobucket.com/myname/mysig.jpg[/image]

Max sure your sig text looks like that. And you are set.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/12/2007 20:23:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 159
3/19/2007 19:21:44   
liamchris

*salutes mods*

my thread has not received any replies yet. It has been 2 or 3 days I think.

permission to bump?

(meep :P)

If you add an update, you are free to bump your thread.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 3/19/2007 20:10:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 160
3/24/2007 12:04:16   
VampireSlayer2

Please lock this thread.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=3672092
AQ DF  Post #: 161
4/1/2007 10:20:57   
John Anderson Smith

Hello.

Can I ask here in the Gallery Q&A if someone can render an image for me, or should I go to a sig shop?

The image is a screenshot of my Character in DF, so I don't think there aren't any problems with that.

You can indeed ask in the Gallery Q&A for something like that. ~Grafh

Thank you, Graph! :)

< Message edited by John Anderson Smith -- 4/1/2007 15:03:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 162
4/7/2007 10:20:37   
Mikerosius

Er.. In the Gallery rules it says the following:
quote:

All talk in galleries are to be sig related only. This in not the OOC, if its not sig related take it to the PMs. Fail to do so will get your gallery closed.

Is is also okay to talk about your edits/art?

So long that it relates to the thread topic you are fine. Most art related talk is ok.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 4/7/2007 11:03:47 >
AQ DF  Post #: 163
4/12/2007 23:47:07   
uberboi

when i get a render from planet renders it comes with black around so i uasally use magic wand and magic eraser but sometimes when i use magic wand then magic eraser it erases parts of the render so im wonder is there a better way to get rid of the black and i use photoshop

Be sure to click on the image you want. A larger image of the one you found will pop up and it will have a white background. Save that one.

Thank you Grafh

< Message edited by uberboi -- 4/22/2007 14:11:44 >
AQ DF  Post #: 164
4/15/2007 13:09:44   
lguan

A while ago iChar made a thread about Constructive Criticism versus Spam. That thread has been locked and is no longer stickied, and I'm not so sure if my answer in there had been answered. In this thread, iChar mentioned what was spam and what wasn't. I few a few questions:

Did that thread apply for the DA only or the hand-drawn and general GoCA as well? Because first of all, he posted it in the DA section, and secondly, constructive criticism applies for mostly sigs only, correct?

If you only say something like "Great work, excellent! Good luck on your gallery!", would that be considered spam? I mean just that, and offering no advice for improvement? I mean I understand saying someone's work is garbage or something like "your work is terrible go somewhere else" is considered spam since you're syaing this person's work is not so good, but not saying why, is spam. But what if you're ONLY complimenting his or her work, and offering no advice whatsoever?

Thanks in advance.

The idea of constructive criticism applies to the GoCA in it's totality as far as I'm aware. For the main GoCA there's a very usefull sticky on the subject here. In my opinion both of your examples are spam, simple compliment and insult. Opinions like those should, at the very least, have reasons which corroborate. ~Wyrm

Yepp CC applies to the GoCa and all its subforms. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 5/22/2007 20:45:33 >
AQ  Post #: 165
5/22/2007 5:49:57   
moonray89

can i submit an art work in battleon?

Typically AE uses their own artists for the actual game art. Suggestions can be posted here, be sure to read the rules before posting. ~Wyrm

< Message edited by Reverendwyrm -- 5/22/2007 11:14:18 >
Post #: 166
6/9/2007 22:36:24   
[AD].Blade

is the sotw for AQ still in consideration?

yes

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/20/2007 8:15:14 >
AQ  Post #: 167
6/20/2007 7:59:36   
LightningIsMyName

I would like to create a guide for making graphic works, sigs etc. with Microsoft word.
although it's not a program for this purpose i found that it can be used easilly for the digital art. (you can see examples at my old sigshop here - 99% of the works are done with word)
the reason for such a guide is that some people don't wnat to download programs (like me) and some of them don't like to learn the new tool. since I'm not to familiar with this forum I'm not sure ot's really needed so I'm asking:

Is a guide like this needed?

If you want to do it, you can post it in the Gallery Q&A.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 6/20/2007 8:07:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 168
7/1/2007 14:43:57   
ponycoltraine

im wondering what are the aspects concidered when you "guys" choose who becomes creative/mod?

Trade secret. But being helpful and creative helps.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/1/2007 16:26:13 >
AQ  Post #: 169
7/7/2007 1:33:16   
E.T

What does my title mean? i've never seen anyone with the title " illustrative! "
does it mean kinda creative? lol, i've got no idea.
Thanks!

You have Falerin to thank for that. You won that from his contest. http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=7019456

< Message edited by Grafh -- 7/7/2007 11:53:31 >
Post #: 170
8/8/2007 18:29:35   
Manofthetrees
Helpful!

I know that posting .swf files of AQ are illegal, but what about posting something like an edited .swf of AQ?

The reason I ask is I would like to put my suggestion thread into a page turnable book, like those in Isle d'Oriens, and I was wondering if someone could legally provide me with a BLANK copy of a book .swf or the code to provide one.

Would this be legal?

if not, do you know of a way that I could find something that would allow me to accomplish what I am looking to do, without paying anything? And as far as I know, there are no tuts for making a book. Perhaps someone could make one?

I'm not sure. I will have to ask an admin.

< Message edited by Manofthetrees -- 8/18/2007 10:12:47 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 171
8/10/2007 11:55:35   
bootz

would you happen to know the code for making your sig a link too, so if i clicked it i would go to my gallery.
thx

[link=URL of website][image]URL of image[/image][/link]

< Message edited by Grafh -- 8/10/2007 19:42:16 >
AQ  Post #: 172
8/14/2007 22:45:42   
Dewdrop Fairy
Helpful! Dec. 2007 Writer of the Month

I have two completely unrelated questions.

1) I noticed that there aren't many tutorials for MS Paint, and I wondered if it would be okay to write one, especially one directed at true beginners, listing the few Paint tuts that there are, and maybe also giving tips on drawing and editing, or if a rather primitive tutorial like that would be not "artistic" enough for the GoCA, next to all the (very specific) signature and Photoshop/Gimp tutorials. - The reason why I ask: Whenever there is a forum contest there usually are a whole bunch of people who do not even know how to find Paint on their computer, yet would like to enter the contest, and I just never know where to point them.

Actually, I would like to see more paint tutorials myself. And for the DF contests (having been an AK there for a bit, and seeing how they work) I think they'd be a great help. Just make sure you point them out to a staffer or AK so that they can add it to the contest thread or the discussion thread.

2) Am I right in assuming that the "Black Rose Cafe" is for signature makers only, considering it's in the "Digital Arts" section and I hardly see anybody else in there, and is there a similar place for the rest of the GoCA? (I thought that actually, this thread started by Nickwright would make an interesting point of discussion. As long as people stay civil ^_^ *promises to behave better*.)

Actually, it was made to stop spam in the DAaS, which is where a lot of spam happens in this forum all together. But all artists are welcome to speak their piece. I'll talk to Grafh about moving it, though I don't think the DAaSers will leave their home there just to stop spam. They can't even control themselves now.

Thank you for the quick answer, iChar! - I'll see what I can do about the Paint tutorial, and I just wanted to say that it was not my intention to drive the sig makers from their home *winces* ^_^. It just seemed to me like we were actually discussing the value and meaning of "art"/"original art" in that thread (or starting to), so I wondered if there was a good place to really have such a conversation.

< Message edited by Dewdrop Fairy -- 8/15/2007 0:28:03 >
DF  Post #: 173
9/2/2007 1:48:20   
shnaru1

is my signatrue ok its under 50 kb but im not shure if its ok or not

Its 30kb

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/2/2007 9:48:17 >
AQ DF  Post #: 174
9/2/2007 2:43:40   
Saavik

Two questions:

1. The avatar submission rules indicate that there should be no random letters/numbers at the ends of the file names. When I upload my pictures to ImageShack it automatically adds random letters and numbers. Do you know of a good image hosting site that doesn't do this? If I can't get around it, is it okay to submit the avatars anyway?

Use www.photobucket.com

2. If I have a gallery mostly devoted to edits and other stuff that belongs in the general GOCA, is it okay to include a few hand-drawn pictures, sigs, etc., or do I need a new gallery in the appropriate area for each kind of thing?

Few. But if it becomes more of something else that belongs somewhere else, you may want to make another gallery.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 9/2/2007 9:49:39 >
AQ DF  Post #: 175
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 [7] 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Direct Mod Questions
Page 7 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition