Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Dictionary of a Sigmaker

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Dictionary of a Sigmaker
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/26/2005 21:03:09   
nathaniel00

What does BG mean?

Peace is a lie there is only Passion. Through Passion I gain Strength.
Through Strength I gain Power. Through Power I gain Victory.
Through Victory my chains are broken.
The Force shall set me free.
AQ  Post #: 26
10/27/2005 11:55:43   
Blind

background
AQ  Post #: 27
10/29/2005 21:54:36   
Arabe
Banned

Renders are actually 3 dimensional objects, shapes ect. made through computer generation.
A stock is a real life photo or person or the original picture of something.

Just wanted to clear that up. dont us my defs. they are pretty bad :P
Post #: 28
10/29/2005 23:46:23   
Irrelevant

PenTool- a tool efficient in rendering and vectoring.I strongly suggest you find a tutorial for this.
Clone Stamp- good for removing text. to use hold alt, click where you want you start the copy then drag to the place you want to use it. Unpress alt and start a brushing motion.
Gradient- effecient in in the use of vectors and minimalism sigs. can give depth, create abtract, give a metal effect, create a shine, can also be used as a simple background.
DodgeTool- Use and brush this over a section of a render, or the whole render itself. whatever you want and it'll lighten up the spot. use a clicking motion.
Burn Tool- Use and brush this over a section of a render, or the whole render itself. whatever you want and it'll darken down the spot use a clicking motion.
Magic Eraser- same use a magic wand. Click on a color to erase it.

GIF- a savefile type, save a PSD fil as a gif when incorperating animation.
PNG-a savefile type, BEST quality out of any other savefile type. Use for transparencies.
JPE/G-a savefile type, second bets quality save. Higher file compression. use save @ 10, not 12. there is no quality difference other than 12 making ur filesize bigger
AQ  Post #: 29
10/30/2005 1:12:04   
Loki

I'll ask Grafh to add that, thanks :)
(Oh, and I just made a pen tool tut the other day. It's either on the bottom of this page or the top of page 2 :P)
AQ  Post #: 30
10/30/2005 17:09:27   
Grafh
Jade Rose

Added Irrelevants info.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 31
10/31/2005 21:21:52   
Irrelevant

more:

R&C- rate and comment
C&C comment and Criticize
WP- wallpaper

Render- a 3 demensional generated figure
Rendering- the act of generating the render

Stock- mostly confused with render. a stock is an image. But using the term render is alright since it is manifested in everyone's mind.
Cut Out- a "rendered image"

n00b- the person reading this to get info
pr0-the person contributing

:P

AQ  Post #: 32
11/1/2005 0:25:13   
Loki

I think we can keep C&C and R&C abbreviatedbut there's no need t oabbreviate Wallpaper. Dictionaries usually aren't all abbreviations...
I hope you were just kidding about the n00b and pro thing... :P
AQ  Post #: 33
11/11/2005 13:28:52   
DZaster

thres a error every time i save it says it cant find a font and closes down the program
Post #: 34
11/19/2005 15:01:55   
Loki

Oh Nickytan, just a suggestion. Might want to go through and make sure letters are capitalized when they need to be, and make sure spaces are where they should be. Dictionaries are usually pretty professional, so we should probably use the best spelling/grammar we can ^_^

(Dodge Tool is only one word; make it two. You should also revise your definitons for them a bit, like I explained above ^^)
("Signature" should also be a little more specific. It doesn't really tell someone what it is. If you need help, I'll get you a def.)

(Oh, and I made the contributors list sort names alphabetcally for easy reference. Might want to reorder the last 3.)

< Message edited by Shadowboy -- 11/19/2005 15:02:33 >
AQ  Post #: 35
1/15/2006 14:23:32   
.Tails
Creative!

Depth-The extent, measurement, or dimension downward, backward, or inward--provides a sence of verisimilitude in the sig (is used to give the appearance of reality)

Flow-an effect in which the sig blends to a point of giving the appearance of motion

Blending options-a mini screen in which you can select options such as belevel/emboss-inner shadow-drop shadow-outer glow-pattern overlay-gradient overlay etc..(for a specific layer)

< Message edited by lux -- 1/15/2006 15:34:34 >
AQ  Post #: 36
1/15/2006 15:29:27   
Darien

Good resource! Great idea! :)

All Gone. ^^
AQ  Post #: 37
2/12/2006 16:19:34   
_AcOlYtiC_

Contrast: The use of opposing elements, such as colors, forms, or lines, in proximity to produce an intensified effect in a work of art.

Tag: another word for sig
Post #: 38
2/16/2006 19:04:15   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

G:
-----
GIMP: A free photo-editing program. Is generally used by anyone who can't afford to buy Adobe Photoshop.

(not the best definition, but I felt that GIMP should be added, as it is widely used)
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 39
2/17/2006 17:13:44   
Mr. Zarnac

Word: Minimalistic (spelling?)
Meaning: A very simple, smooth sytle.

Meh, not really the greatest definition, but hey, I tried. xD
AQ  Post #: 40
2/26/2006 18:15:32   
Cryomancer_12

Your spelling's fine, zarnac
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
4/19/2006 8:10:07   
Dark_Wurm

I'd say render has two meanings.
1. Irrel's - a 3 demensional generated figure
2. A cut-out image. (or something in that area) I don't know if it originally meant this, but that's what I've seen many people call a render to my knowledge. That and meaning 1.

~DW
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 42
4/19/2006 10:10:30   
.Heads
Banned

What used to be a render can now be defined as a stock, a stock is the picture of the character on your sig, a render is a c4d.

'nuff said
kthxbai
AQ  Post #: 43
5/24/2006 18:27:21   
Crynsos

I think you should add GIMP, since many people use it, too...
DF  Post #: 44
5/26/2006 20:36:24   
nolraitru

Suprised this hasn't been added yet >.>

.psd
A file type used by Photoshop. Usually so you can save layers seperately.
Post #: 45
6/18/2006 1:29:25   
Drake Fyr

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheShadowed1

G:
-----
GIMP: A free photo-editing program. Is generally used by anyone who can't afford to buy Adobe Photoshop, Jasc(Now Corel) Paint Shop Pro, or other such graphics programs.

(not the best definition, but I felt that GIMP should be added, as it is widely used)

My editations are in bolded red.

Paintshop Pro is valid, and should be recognised in these definitions as well.

E
------
Effects: The Jasc/Corel Paintshop Pro equivalent of Filters. Available under the Effects and Adjust tabs.

R
------
Render: From 3-d modeling, a render is a product of applying lighting and other effects to a model to create a "completed" image, often used to show what the model will look like in-game. In sig work, the term has come to describe an image removed from the background it is set upon.

Raster Layer: In Jasc/Corel Paintshop Pro, a raster layer is a layer of the image that functions on a pixel by pixel basis. Is more common in the creation of sigs.

V
------
Vector Layer: In Jasc/Corel Paintshop Pro, a vector layer is a layer of the image that functions by using shapes with editable points, or vectors, that determine the size, location, and in some cases path of the object. THese objects may include lines or text, as well as shapes such as rectangles or elipses.
AQ  Post #: 46
6/18/2006 18:07:40   
.Passion//

You forget Fractal..
Post #: 47
7/15/2006 14:13:20   
mskks45
Banned!

C-Cut
Copy
P-Paste
AQ  Post #: 48
9/9/2006 15:55:45   
chrislongden3
Banned

I would suggest adding "Layer" but i cant really think of a way of describing it
AQ  Post #: 49
9/9/2006 15:59:31   
_Depression

A layer is a picture, render, or other type of file that can be manipulated seperately from the rest of the digital art you are working with.
AQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Dictionary of a Sigmaker
Page 2 of 8«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition