Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Sigmakers Dictionary - AQ's SigMaking Term Reference

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: The Sigmakers Dictionary - AQ's SigMaking Term Reference
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/2/2007 20:39:33   
Nicky

Thanks guys, adding now ^_^
AQ DF  Post #: 126
10/3/2007 0:14:17   
xildgolee

add "ripping" please.
I don't feel like writing a definition right now. >.>
DF  Post #: 127
10/3/2007 0:17:33   
Trip

quote:

.Xcf
The Gimp equivalent of a .PSD

Thanks I was Trying site to site what file to do that
=D

Also add paint.net =P

< Message edited by ThatSomeone -- 10/3/2007 0:18:37 >
Post #: 128
11/27/2007 9:10:37   
The Illusive Man

Update For Vector

A series of instructions instead of pixels (where it differs from a bitmap). These usually have lower filesizes and can be easily made in adobe/macromedia flash.

That's from a flash user's perspective, but i hope it helps

Update For Png

Stands for Portable Network Graphic

< Message edited by althorne -- 11/27/2007 9:11:22 >
Post #: 129
11/27/2007 9:26:45   
LightningIsMyName

InkScape - An Open Source vector graphics editor, with capabilities similar to Illustrator, CorelDraw, or Xara X, using the W3C standard Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) file format. can be found here

Blender 3D - Blender is a free open source 3D content creation suite.

Terragen - Terragen is a scenery generator for Windows and the Mac OS, capable of near photorealistic results for professional landscape visualisation, special effects, art and recreation. Free for Non-Commercial use. web site

GAP - GIMP Animation Pack, an extension plug-in for GIMP for making advanced animations.

Airbrush - A tool in GIMP (can be imitated in PS) that brushed by the length of your click. The more you hold the mouse button the more it paints in the same place and the less transperent it becomes

VectorMagic - a free image manipulating online tool. greate for making vectors and enhancing existing works. http://vectormagic.stanford.edu/
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 130
12/9/2007 14:47:12   
Mc_srewball
Banned

quote:

add "ripping" please.
I don't feel like writing a definition right now. >.>

Lol, i'll Def it for you then :P. (Lets see if i have a dictionary, lol). And aince you got image shack, why not tinypic??

Ripping/ Rip -

To Rip off or steal anothers work.

Tinypic -

Another Free image hosting site, but this one produces extremely short Urls, Example:

http://i19.tinypic.com/6pswufb.jpg
As compared to imageshack:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4209/signaturestz6.jpg
Also a little faster.
To use Tiny Pic, Click HERE
AQ DF  Post #: 131
12/9/2007 18:41:56   
The Illusive Man

I would like to request a definition for "Dither" please
Post #: 132
12/10/2007 13:22:24   
LightningIsMyName

here you go althorne (not the best defenition), also used this a bit http://www.answers.com/dithering?cat=technology

dithering - use of few colors instead of a big amount in a specific way that tricks the eye to see it like multicolored picture with more depth. example: using lots of red and blue pixels can create the illusion of diffrent shades of violet - this is basically the way dithering works.
Example: Picture with dithering
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 133
1/16/2008 20:35:15   
Fartix

Petabyte: 1024 Terrabytes

Exabyte: 1024 Petabytes

Zetabyte: 1024 Exabytes

Yottabyte: 1024 Zetabytes

I don't know if anyone will need to know those terms, but they might help eventually.

These terms are not needed. If you have a sig that 1 terra (let allow 1024) you'll end up crashing the server. Again this is the "Sigmaker Dictionary", not a computer math class. ~Grafh

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/16/2008 21:06:24 >
Post #: 134
2/4/2008 14:23:47   
Cool Dragonz

I'd add .swf if I were you. (Whhahaahh Grafh, xD)

.Swf ~ Files from Adobe flash (or something like that :))

< Message edited by SmartSpeed -- 2/4/2008 14:24:37 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 135
2/4/2008 14:32:33   
zenron the great

.swf- a flash movie file.

DF  Post #: 136
2/4/2008 16:57:09   
EragonZZZZ

.swf = Created primarily with Adobe Flash, these are multimedia files that can contain both vector and bitmap graphics. Often built into websites, they can contain images, animations, games, streaming video, and other information. SWF stands for "Shockwave Flash".
AQ  Post #: 137
2/5/2008 2:26:54   
Nicky

Eeek. Alot to add. Must be the non-bolded topic title (for some odd reason, cause it should be bolded with me having not read it) not grabbing my attention.

***Adding useful definitions up to here***

Also added a quick makeshift banner. The old one is... VERY outdated, goes back before my user-name change :P. (That.. was awhile ago)

< Message edited by Nicky -- 2/5/2008 3:50:26 >
AQ DF  Post #: 138
2/18/2008 0:26:00   
BreeMote

Cyseros Orb asked me what the rule of thirds was and suggested I get it put in here.

Rule of thirds:
The rule of thirds is a compositional rule of thumb in the art world. The rule states that an image can be divided into nine equal parts by two equally-spaced horizontal lines and two equally-spaced vertical lines. The four points formed by the intersections of these lines can be used to align features in the piece. Proponents of this technique claim that aligning a piece with these points creates more tension, energy and interest in the photo than simply centering the feature would.

Example of this would be: http://www.shutterfreaks.com/Actions/RuleOfThirds/RuleOfThirdsAfter.jpg
The main focus is in one-third of the picture. Not smack dab in the middle, creating unappealing composition.
AQ  Post #: 139
2/18/2008 1:33:52   
Nicky

Nice idea, Bree- probably a good one to add. :D

Adding it now.
AQ DF  Post #: 140
4/2/2008 17:38:23   
ShyTrake

Word: Path tool
Meaning: A tool that's used for rendering. Same as the pentool, but used in GIMP.

This might be helpful to those people who use GIMP. Most people here use GIMP, and not Photoshop or any other program with the pentool. I dint see path tool in the main post so I just posted it here.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 141
4/2/2008 17:57:45   
Trip

Trake, just to say pentool isnt just in GIMP Photoshop has it also
Its its aready up there

quote:

Pen Tool
A tool efficient in rendering and vectoring.

< Message edited by Trip -- 4/2/2008 17:59:18 >
Post #: 142
4/2/2008 20:22:26   
Nicky

I'll add in the Path Tool entry, so as to not confuse any new GIMPers that mightn't know what the equivalent is in PS :p.
AQ DF  Post #: 143
4/3/2008 16:41:17   
Mo

Actually, here is a better definition.

Path tool:A tool in GIMP used to render (remove background) or to create lines, strokes, etc.

Pentool may confuse newbies to GFX
AQ MQ  Post #: 144
4/3/2008 18:50:38   
Trip

Mo Pathtool Tool isnt Just Gimp :\
(for the 2nd time lol)
Sorry
Post #: 145
4/3/2008 18:55:33   
Mo

Eh, well, I'm really not sure what programs they are in and I'm pretty sure the pen is the path's equivalent in PS.
AQ MQ  Post #: 146
4/4/2008 2:42:28   
Nicky

I don't really use GIMP, but I have both entries in there just in case. Path and Pen tool.

I'm confused. XD
AQ DF  Post #: 147
4/4/2008 8:30:05   
DeathKnight2

HOw about

[b]Pixel Art[/b]- Art made from scratch in programs such as paint and photoshop. Known as pixel art because the artist makes the art pixel by pixel.

And yes people do make sig like those.
Example-
http://www.pixeljoint.com/pixelart/17123.htm
Not made by me but an example

< Message edited by DeathKnight2 -- 4/4/2008 8:33:26 >
Post #: 148
5/25/2008 3:00:07   
Nicky

Made a few changes to some of the earlier entries to make them easier to understand.

And yeah, I added DK2's Pixel Art definition. Must have not posted to say I did.

Suggestions are still most welcome, as always.
AQ DF  Post #: 149
6/5/2008 16:13:27   
Saerokeon

Foreground
The area 'in front' anything that is happening in the back. The opposite to the Backround of an image.
There are many types of foregrounds (FG's) that range in popularity. These include Renders, small effects, and vectors.
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: The Sigmakers Dictionary - AQ's SigMaking Term Reference
Page 6 of 8«<45678>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition