Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: RMXP Q&A Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: RMXP Q&A Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/29/2006 16:19:53   
VampireHSS

well... if you have msn or such, you can send it to me and I can upload the game for you. Anyways, you shouldn't have removed the game from the game folder of RMXP, because that is where you usually where you edit the game. And your post ins't self explenetory enough, did you put the game files inside the compressed folder (.zip)?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 26
6/29/2006 16:36:29   
Tkill93

yeah i have msn add me tkill93@hotmail.com i need to get the game uploaded and thank you but if i need to get another game uploaded can i ask you?

< Message edited by Tkill93 -- 6/29/2006 16:57:43 >
AQ DF  Post #: 27
7/2/2006 18:59:35   
VampireSlayer2

For people with RMXP that have questions there is a tutorial that can help you before you post questions. If you still have questions after then post them.

Tutorial: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=5077996

The tutorial was updated today to include all 3 pages of Event Commands. The tutorials for Pages 2 & 3 have not been added to the first post. There is a link to them in my last post (edited at 6:44pm US Eastern).
AQ DF  Post #: 28
7/4/2006 20:32:52   
Xyiphis Dragonmaster

is odd the last thread got moved but im back for awile to answer some questions....
AQ  Post #: 29
7/12/2006 11:07:30   
nightcarlerb

um, I'm still new in using rmxp.... and I've read the tutorial, but I still have a question

how can one make a cutscene/scene without the main character?

(for example: a scene of villains planning something)
Post #: 30
7/12/2006 12:56:44   
VampireSlayer2

Use the Change Hero Graphic option and give the Hero no graphics. After the cutscene is over change the Hero Graphics back to what they were before.

I should add this to the tutorial somewhere. I just need to find where.
AQ DF  Post #: 31
7/13/2006 8:06:41   
nightcarlerb

ok thanks! I have another question, how can I put random encouter (of monsters) in a certain map?
Post #: 32
7/13/2006 8:23:22   
VampireHSS

At left, on the map list, right-click the desired map, go to proprieties and then at the right you can setup random encounters and their rating. Note that the rating is based on the number of steps.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 33
7/15/2006 0:18:36   
IceTray

This isn't really a question but I really need some window skin resources.

I want a darkish one, gray and black.

I found the perfect one except the arrow button was messed up and had a line next to it that was constantly blinking and it just messed the whole thing up.

AQ  Post #: 34
7/15/2006 1:04:17   
Akuru

I have a question

How do you make it so there's no white backround on my sprite animation?

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
7/15/2006 11:53:50   
VampireSlayer2

IceTray:
http://vsgames.us/RMXP/Paper02--Professor_Yoshi.png
Credits do not go to me, they go to Professor_Yoshi (credits in file name).

Akuru: Tools>Resource Manager. Click Import. Left click on the White.
There is also another way: Edit your graphic in a program that can make transparent images. Choose the color then click save.

< Message edited by VampireSlayer2 -- 7/15/2006 11:57:22 >
AQ DF  Post #: 36
7/16/2006 14:14:23   
IceTray

That ones messed up to =x

When ever someone is talking there is a line next to the arrow just like my other one.

edit: Ok I am dead confused.

In my game i'm trying to make something were you can choose to be good or evil.

Well you don't really get to choose but throughout the game you can make good an evil choices.

Well at the end of the game I want to make it so that if you have more good points than evil points then you get the Good ending but if it's the other way around you get the bad ending.

Well near the end of the game I want to make an event.

If you have more evil points than good points you do something and if you have more good points than evil points you do something else.

I'm giving the poitns through variables.

How do I go about making the event?

Heres a scenario:

Bob is trying to find his cookies.
Through the game he has gottne more evil points than good points.
Now here is where i'm stuck at. Is there anyway to make an event that see's how much points you have more of than the other?
Like if I have more evil points than good points how can I make the game know that?

< Message edited by IceTray -- 7/16/2006 15:27:56 >
AQ  Post #: 37
7/16/2006 20:09:38   
VampireSlayer2

I've had no problems with that Windowskin. It might have something to do with your copy of RMXP, but I don't know what the problem is.

You can make it one variable, good is positive numbers & evil is 0 & negative numbers. Doing this your numbers change throughout the game, do alot of evil then it's -, do alot of good it's +. Other than this I don't know any other way.
AQ DF  Post #: 38
7/17/2006 15:08:31   
IceTray

I'm having problems with uploading my game.

How do I compress it?

There is no option besides compress and email and that doesn't work out to well o.o
AQ  Post #: 39
7/17/2006 15:28:53   
VampireHSS

For compressing the game... Make game disc, run it, install the game in a folder, right-click>new>compressed folder
after creating the compressed folder put the files in the folder on the compressed folder and ready to go!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 40
7/17/2006 18:24:04   
IceTray

I already told you making a game disk doesn't work.
AQ  Post #: 41
7/17/2006 19:03:43   
The Falcon

OR
You could right click on your game folder and select sent to compressed(zip) file.
If you want it to be encrpted, feel free to PM me the link and I'll encrpt it for you.
AQ  Post #: 42
7/17/2006 19:09:56   
IceTray

Ok I made it .zip and tried uploading it but it takes waaaay to long an dmy computer turns off at 11:30 everyday.

(Download is more than 24 hours)

It's 50MB And theres no way to bring that file size down really...

< Message edited by IceTray -- 7/17/2006 21:13:02 >
AQ  Post #: 43
1/26/2010 15:11:22   
Feral Ninja

Decided this could use a revive. *Casts Revive*

IceTray (If you're still alive. xD)@ If you have MP3's in it, try converting them to Midi's, that will save you alot of space, with minimal sound loss.
Here's a good tutorial on how to cut down game sizes: http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=47628

VampireHSS@ Hope you're ok with this, also; Darklord's (Now The Falcon) Tut has been closed, and Dudemaster's tut has been deleted.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask, I've been working with RMXP for around 2 years now so I have quite alot of experience. (Do not ask me about RGSS... -.-;;)

AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 44
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: RMXP Q&A Thread
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition