Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

The NightBane Chronicles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> The NightBane Chronicles
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/28/2006 1:11:38   
Suikoman444

The NightBane Chronicles

For many days, Dragons have been acting unpredictably throughout the lands. The uneasy truce between the Order of the Dragonslayers, led by Galanoth, and the Dracomancer Cult, led by Lord Cyrus, may be coming to an end as the two leaders suspect one another of actions that may be responsible for the Dragons' rage...

Galanoth: Cyrus! What are you doing skulking around town in your half-dragon form? It looks to me like you are looking for trouble...
Cyrus: Why, Galanoth, I too am curious. What has brought you to Battleon this day? Do you not normally find yourself hiding in Dragonstone?
Valencia: BOTH of you seem to have a chip on your shoulder... If you want to fight, go ahead-- just let me get out of the way first!

«Exit Valencia. Galanoth and Cyrus fight»

Cyrus: You know better than to call forth the fire dragon, don't you? I seem to recall I turned him against you the last time you tried that...
Galanoth: .....................................................................................My Dragon Blade will answer for me, lizard-lips--

«Enter E»

E: Well well well, if it isn't Yin and Yang. You two really should settle your differences... ANOTHER TIME.
Cyrus: This is of no conern to you, Vampireslayer!
E: On the contrary-- I have been tracking an evil force from Darkovia for several days, and it has led me HERE. It appears something is about to happen here.
Galanoth: What ever it is can WAIT until I've put this big blue freak in his place!
«You»: Hey everyone-- I don't know what E was tracking, but it sure looks like we have a problem!!

«Dragons fly into the city»
DRAGONS
Just as Galanoth and Cyrus begin to fight, an army of Dragons attacks town! Vampireslayer E has tracked down an evil force from Darkovia, and it must have something to do with the Dragons! But what could it be??

"Galanoth has come with us on this mission. Be careful not to shoot him when you aim at those draogons!"
"VampireSlayer E has tracked something evil from Darkovia... to our town!"
"This is the High Khan of the Dracomancers, Lord Cyrus."

Guardians could pick up Dragonslayer Twilly from the treasure chest.
You can shoot dragons and each dragon shot gives a .1% boost to ranged BTH.

TO BATTLE
With Galanoth
With E
With Cyrus

Level 0-39
Young Fire Dragon
Plasma Dragon Worker
Young Darkness Dragon (18)
Great Frost Wyrm (Dragon)
Young Energy Dragon
Young Water Dragon
Baby Fire Dragon
Dragon Blade?
Zombie Dragon (38)
Drakelon Prototype
Red Dragon
Drakath the Undead Dragon
Young Darkness Dragon (10)

Level 40 and Above
Young Fire Dragon
Red Dragon
Plasma Dragon Worker
Young Energy Dragon
Young Water Dragon
Baby Fire Dragon
Zombie Dragon (38)
Young Darkness Dragon (18)
Drakelon Prototype
Great Frost Wyrm (Dragon)
Bronze Dragon
Giind (Megdragon)
Acidragon (20)
Darkness Dragon
Dragon Blade?
Young Darkness Dragon (10)
Serlissa the Water Dragon
Energy Dragon
Duodragon
Dracolich Rider
After 2 000 000 Dragons Defeated:

BATTLE
Level 0-39
Dragnet (dragon)

Level 40+
Drago and Dragracer (dragon)

BATTLE
Level 0-34
WereDragon (10)

Level 35-54
WereDragon (40)

Level 55-79
WereDragon (70)

Level 80+
WereDragon (100)

E: While we have defeated this threat, I fear greater dangers are approaching. We should use the time we have to train. Let us see what special weapons await in the war chest!

WAR CHEST
Golden DragonSlayer
DracGuard
DracArch (15/40/70)

E: I fear that this is only the beginning of something far more sinister...
Galanoth: What was that? You actually FEAR something E?
Cyrus: For once, tin-can man, you would do well to actually listen. The Vampireslayer tracked something from Darkovia-- the Were-Dragon. But what MADE the Were-Dragon?
Cyrus: And what sent it to Battleon? And perhaps most importantly-- What is going to happen NEXT?
E: I know the answer to the last question, Blue one. WE GO TO DARKOVIA.

Meanwhile, in Darkovia...

«A castle rises from the ground»

????: Ahhhh yes. THIS shall be a fine, fiiiine place to stay, indeed.........

«Enter Safiria and Were-King»

????: .......... YOU... have ruined a perfectly nice evening.
Safiria: mmmm... I KNEW it was him.
Were-King: rrrrraahhhh...... Your insticts are nothing compared to mine, undead witch!!
Safiria: Let' us keep the small talk to a minimum, hairball. Shall we address the reason why we are here?
Were-King: Whatever you say. NightBane, we're here for you!
????: If that is so, then I fear...

«The shadowed figure reveals himself»

NightBane: ...you are dreadfully ill-equipped.
Were-King: You don't scare us!!
Safiria: Do not forget who you are talking to, King. NightBane nearly destroyed all Vampires and Lycanthropes once before...
Were-King: But not here!! THIS is Darkovia!! This is my home! And no one will drive me from it! Not vampires, not monster-hunters! NO ONE!!!
NightBane: I am tired. If you want me to kill you tonight, make it quick.
Safiria: We are not here to fight you. Or rather, I am not. If the King here wishes to be mauled, so be it. I want to make a deal...
NightBane: HEHEHEHEHE. I do not bargain. I do what I please. You, vampiress, seem to know what. BOTH of you, LEAVE NOW.
???: They will not leave! They will stay--

«Enter Wolfwing»

Wolfwing: --and witness the fall of NightBane at the hands of WOLFWING!!

Thanks to Mogster and UltimateAQ.com.

< Message edited by whackybeanz -- 12/30/2012 11:21:34 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 1
12/21/2007 21:45:32   
  Ianthe
 formerly In Media Res

NightBane Chronicles: Part II

Following the attack on town by an army of angry dragons, led by a ravenous and rare Were-Dragon, Galanoth, Lord Cyrus and VampireSlayer E discuss our next move...

E: I fear that this is only the beginning of something far more sinister...
Galanoth: What was that? You actually FEAR something E?
Cyrus: For once, tin-can man, you would do well to actually listen. The Vampireslayer tracked something from Darkovia-- the Were-Dragon. But what MADE the Were-Dragon?
Cyrus: And what sent it to Battleon? And perhaps most importantly-- What is going to happen NEXT?
E: I know the answer to the last question, Blue one. WE GO TO DARKOVIA.

Meanwhile, in Darkovia...

«A castle rises from the ground»

Were-King: rrrrraahhhh...... Your insticts are nothing compared to mine, undead witch!!
Safiria: Let' us keep the small talk to a minimum, hairball. Shall we address the reason why we are here?

Safiria: Do not forget who you are talking to, King. NightBane nearly destroyed all Vampires and Lycanthropes once before...
Were-King: But not here!! THIS is Darkovia!! This is my home! And no one will drive me from it! Not vampires, not monster-hunters! NO ONE!!!
Safiria: We are not here to fight you. Or rather, I am not. If the King here wishes to be mauled, so be it. I want to make a deal...
NightBane: HEHEHEHEHE. I do not bargain. I do what I please. You, vampiress, seem to know what. BOTH of you, LEAVE NOW.

«Enter Wolfwing»

NightBane: I know that voice. I did not think you would be awake-- WOLFWING. But since you are, perhaps it is best.
Were-King: Let's fight NightBane together!! We can destroy him!!!
Safiria: The time for me to fight is not yet here. But if you wish, wolf king, go ahead. I will enjoy the spectacle.
Wolfwing: NO!! I will be the only one to put this whelp in his place! Your bridge, NightBane-- now!!!
Wolfwing: You had to return, didn't you? Of all my children, you held the most promise. BUT NOW-- look at you!
NightBane: You have grown pitiful. Allowing the elder races of Vampire and Werewolf to remain the rulers of Darkovia....
NightBane: If it wasn't for me, you and your WerePyres would be nothing but memories.
Wolfwing: And I thanked you, with more power than I had given any other! And what did you do?? YOU DRANK THE BLOOD OF A THOUSAND DRAGONS.
NightBane: Don't forget the part where I became more powerful than even you.
Wolfwing: We'll see about that.

«WolfWing and NightBane fight»

NightBane: It seems we have a case of the student teaching the master.
NightBane: How I fondly recall your lessons, Wolfwing. And how you will remember this day...
Wolfwing: It's not over yet, pup.

«WolfWing grabs NightBane and flies away»

Safiria: It appears the old dog still knows a few tricks after all.
NightBane: Hehehe...
Wolfwing: I wouldn't laugh if I were you--
NightBane: You may be able to fly... but I can do something you can't...

«NightBane uses his breath weapon on WolfWing»

The swamplands of the southeastern end of Darkovia...

«You»: Oh no, not YOU. Listen, we have enough enemies to fight. Can you just stay out of this war??
Zorbak: Listen. I don't want to fight you. At least not now. Maybe later, but I want to help!
«You»: Why do you want to help us??
Zorbak: I am EBIL. If I was pure evil, I would simply use my massive necromantic powers and turn you into an undead to serve me. But being EBIL, I will sometimes help you.
«You»: Okay, okay-- so what can you do for us?
Zorbak: You are trying to find NightBane. You probably will. But almost nothing can kill him. ONE WEAPON has the necessary power... the DARKLAW.
«You»: Let me guess--- Only you know where it is?
Zorbak: It's not hard to get-- once you defeat hundreds of thousands of vampires, werewolves, and undead. It's DEAD CENTER in Darkovia's eastern mire. Pun intended.
WAR CAMP
The evil force that created the Weredragons has been tracked to Darkovia. Vampireslayer E realizes that the creature who made the Weredragons could only be the legendary NightBane. Zorbak knows the location of a weapon that can do extra damage to NightBane. To get it, we need to fight through an army of deadly foes: Vampires, Werewolves, Undead and Weredragons!

Twilly: Uh-oh!! We need your help to fight these ebil dwagons!!!
Twilly: If you need to be healed I can help you.
  • Heal me please.
    Twilly: There you goes! All healed up!

Artix, Galanoth, Vampire Slayer E, and Cyrus can be obtained as guests. Guardians can collect Zorbak (Fire Version) as a guest.
  • To Battle!

3 BATTLES
    Full heal after each battle1 BATTLE
    Full Heal afterwards3 BATTLES
    Full Heal after each battleCyrus: Hmm.. a black war chest?

CLICK HERE!

«Darklaw rises from the chest»

• The Darklaw

E: With the Darklaw in our grasp, we may have a chance to defeat NightBane!
    Cyrus: Just a CHANCE?
    E: Yes. You see, NightBane is the deadliest monster to ever be born of Darkovia.
    Galanoth: Hmf. From what I know, the werepyre Wolfwing is the strongest creature here.
    E: That WOULD be an interesting match. I know the two of them have a close history. If NightBane is back, he may have joined forces with Wolfwing...

«Meanwhile, at NightBane's Castle»

Safiria: Do you see anything, Were-King?
    Were-King: mmf-- no. They have been out of view for a while now.

«Enter Phelicia»

Phelicia: M-My Queen... we have failed you... The army from the East has broken through our defenses.
    Safiria: If Wolfwing failed, or if NightBane will not ally with us, than your failure may actually be a GOOD thing, Phelicia, my dear.
    Phelicia: M-My Queen? May I go now?
    Safiria: No. Stay here. I may need bait for NightBane.
    Phelicia: ......... Th--thank you. My Queen.

«WolfWing can be seen battered laying upon a dead tree»

• Replay cutscene
  • Continue fighting
  • Return to town

• To Battle!

2 BATTLES
    «As Above»
    After 1 200 000 Monsters Defeated:

1 BATTLE
    Full heal afterwards
    Phelicia the Vamp
    «As Above»

1 BATTLE
    Full heal afterwards
    Nightraider
    «As above»

«Dialogue as above. After the "The Darklaw!" button:»

WAR CHEST
  • Darklaw (15/45/75)
  • Lyfang (15/45/75)

Shamelessly copy-and-pasted off UltimateAQ.com.

< Message edited by whackybeanz -- 12/30/2012 11:26:30 >
  • AQ  Post #: 2
    12/21/2007 23:45:28   
      Ianthe
     formerly In Media Res

NightBane Chronicles: Part III

When an army of Were-Dragons attacked, we beat them back and tracked them to Darkovia. There, Vampireslayer E realized they could only have been created by the legendary NightBane. With Zorbak's help, we fought through hoardes of Vampires and Werewolves to obtain the Darklaw weapon-- the only weapon with a special power against NightBane.

Cyrus: Hmm.. a black war chest?

«Darklaw arises from the chest»

E: With the Darklaw in our grasp, we may have a chance to defeat NightBane!
    Cyrus: Just a CHANCE?
    E: Yes. You see, NightBane is the deadliest monster to ever be born of Darkovia.
    Galanoth: Hmf. From what I know, the werepyre Wolfwing is the strongest creature here.
    E: That WOULD be an interesting match. I know the two of them have a close history. If NightBane is back, he may have joined forces with Wolfwing...

Near Castle NightBane

Safiria: Do you see anything, Were-King?
    Were-King: mmf-- no. They have been out of view for a while now.

«Enter Phelicia»

Phelicia: M-My Queen... we have failed you... The army from the East has broken through our defenses.
    Safiria: If Wolfwing failed, or if NightBane will not ally with us, then your failure may actually be a GOOD thing, Phelicia, my dear.
    Phelicia: M-My Queen? May I go now?
    Safiria: No. Stay here. I may need bait for NightBane.
    Phelicia: ......... Th--thank you. My Queen.

«Enter NightBane»

Were-King: Grah... he is back.
    NightBane: And not too late to hear your continued plotting against me.
    Safiria: Then Wolfwing is--
    NightBane: Dead. As will the two of you be unless you join me.
    Were-King: No, it's not possible... the Werepyre was unstoppable!
    NightBane: My father was old. I am still young. Younger than the both of you as well. Stronger than all others.
    NightBane: My Nightraiders have already begun converting many of your armies...
    Safiria: Converting??
    NightBane: I will give the two of you one day to decide your own fates. Die, or be converted.
    NightBane: I will await your answer within my stronghold.
    Were-King: Raaahhh!! I will destroy you!!!
    Safiria: No, you fool! You were not even Wolfwing's equal. We have one day. Let us use it... wisely.
    Safiria: You will have your answer soon, NightBane.
    NightBane: Very well. I... can't wait...
    Safiria: If you value your kingdom, hairy one, follow me.

«Scene: Darkovia Forest»

«You»: Stop right there! Why are the two of you together??
    Safiria: It doesn't seem to make sense, does it?
    «You»: No, not at all. You two have only been at WAR with each other for years.
    Were-King: It's a hate-hate relationship. Hmf.
    Safiria: Very funny, oh Rabid One. We have entered into an uneasy alliance because of the monster that you are after: NightBane.
    «You»: We only know that he made an army of were-dragons and sent them to attack us. What is he, and WHERE is he?
    Safiria: NightBane is the favored son of Wolfwing-- the Werepyre Lord. NightBane committed a horrible crime, though.
    Safiria: He took into himself the blood of dragons, and changed his werepyre form, already powerful, into the form of what we can only call a Dracopyre.
    Safiria: He is the only one of his kind, unable to make others like himself. But his bite can change pure Vampires or Werewolves into part-dragon hybrids.
    Safiria: The first of these hyrbids were many of my dear vampire bats... turned into beasts called Nightraiders.
    Safiria: They carry NightBane's power, and I fear have been converting many of our Vampire and Werewolf soldiers.
    Safiria: Years ago, NightBane went wild and nearly wiped out most our Werewolf and Vampire realms. He disappeared underground when Wolfwing confronted him.
    Safiria: But NightBane has returned. It seems he has waited this long in order to build up his army of weredragons and nightraiders.
    Were-King: Wolfwing...hehe... tried to stop NightBane. They fought. And I think Wolfwing lost.
    Safiria: I am sure he did. But whether dead or alive, he is of no use to us now.
    «You»: So why are you here??
    Safiria: We are here to help you. We will lead you to NightBane's fortress. Inside we will find him... and then--
    Safiria: WE MUST DESTROY HIM.
    «You»: We have the Darklaw weapon, which will do extra damage to NightBane. And with your help, we'll find him. Let's finish this!
    WAR CAMP
    A legendary creature called NightBane, son of Wolfwing, has returned to Darkovia. NightBane was a WerePyre who has enhanced his power with the blood of Dragons. NightBane once nearly wiped out both the Vampires and Werewolf races, but disappeared. Now back, he wants to take his place as ruler of Darkovia. Wolfwing tried to stop him and failed. Now, with the fabled Darklaw weapon, and the unlikely help of vampires and werewolves, we must storm NightBane's castle and stop him once and for all!

Twilly: Hiyas!! We need your help stop NightBane now!
    Twilly: If you need to be healed I can help you.
  • Heal me please.
    Twilly: There you goes! All healed up! Good luck fighting!!

Artix, Galanoth, and Vampire Slayer E can be obtained as guests. Guardians can obtain Safiria and Were-King as guests. The Adventurer and Guardian Darklaw are availible as temporary weapons.
  • To Battle!

9 BATTLES
    Full heal after battles #2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9NightBane: They come!! Callox, my loyal warrior! You shall greet them...

1 BATTLE1 BATTLE«You»: Why did he retreat??
    Safiria: We saw where he has gone. Your attacks have taken too much of his power-- he was not expecting that. He is trying to escape and regain his strength.
    Safiria: It might be best to let him go for now. If you chase him, he will be more dangerous than ever. You will have little chance of defeating him.
    Safiria: If we let him go, we will be better prepared when next we face him.

• Let NightBane go
  • Pursue NightBane
    • Go this way «right»

NightBane: I am stronger now, having fed on two of my weredragons. You should have let me go. You would live to fight another day!!

1 BATTLE
        Level<100:
        NightBane (140)
        Level 100+:
        NightBane (145)

«You»: No!! He ran away again... Where is he now? There! The window!!

• Go this way «Left»

???: I know why you have come here.... You seek NightBane. But he is gone, tending to his wounds... But I am here. Call me-- Epheel.
        Epheel: I am here because I knew NightBane was occupied elsewhere. But you have surprised me. So now, tell me-- what do I do with you?
        «You»: Two choices: Either let me leave peacefully, or see just how mad you can make me.
        Epheel: Ahhh, nice and to the point. I am not here looking for a fight. I was leaving a...gift for NightBane.
        «You»: What kind of gift?
        Epheel: I will instead give it to you. Take it if you wish....

SHOP
      • Epheel's Gift

«You»: Hm... so what does this thing do?
        Epheel: For now it will give you special protection against magical attacks. But at some time in the future, my Gift will begin to glow....
        «You»: And then--?
        Epheel: My Gift's glow means that someone, or some THING, has come to work the will of the Devourer.
        «You»: ........... That doesn't sound very good.
        Epheel: You must seek out whatever it is. And DESTROY IT.
        Epheel: Now, I must leave. We may meet again some day...
        Epheel: ... in fact, I am sure of it.
        «You»: NightBane must have escaped by now. I should have taken the other stairway. But hopefully Epheel's gift will prove important in the future.
    «NightBane jumps out of a window of his castle»

«You»: NightBane got away! And I was so close to beating him...
    E: I saw him leap through one of the uppermost windows. By the time I got to where he landed, he was gone.
    Galanoth: My Dragonslayers are mopping up the last of the weredragons right now. Robina and her rangers are tracking Nightraiders in every direction.
    Artix: Queen Safiria and the Werewolf King have disappeared as well. Now that our common enemy is gone, those two won't be helping us very often.
    Cyrus: There are still many war prizes left, including something new. It seems to be a spell scroll of NightBane's...

WAR CHEST
  • NightBane's Baby Teeth
  • Nightbane's Teeth
  • Nightbane's Canines
  • Nightbane's Fangs

E: For now we will let this castle stay here. It may hold many important secrets....

«Scene: Outside»

NightBane: I am here!!!! Show yourself!

«Enter Epheel»

NightBane: My, you are hideous!
    Epheel: You are as much a monster as I am, Dracopyre.
    NightBane: I have done as you wished. They think I have just run away to heal.
    NightBane: I should rip you limb from limb for making me abandon my castle...
    Epheel: You will thank me one day.
    Epheel: Yes, you would have had a kingdom to yourself. But everyone has united against you. With all of their power-- the humans, the vampires, the werewolves--
    Epheel: --and their weapons like the Darklaw-- they would have kept you in check. You could never have ruled over as much of the world as you liked.
    Epheel: But now that you have listened to me, so much MORE will be yours.
    Epheel: Nearly all of the pieces are in place. There are few who can stop us.
    NightBane: Then I will be content to wait... for a while. And you had better live up to our deal.
    Epheel: Oh yes... You will allow events to transpire without interfering, and in return... ultimate power shall be yours!
    NightBane: I like the sound of that! Now, get your ugly monster face out of my forest...

«Scene: WolfWing lying beaten upon a dead tree. WolfWing opens his eyes»

2 BATTLES
    «As Above»
    After 2 000 000 Monsters Defeated:

«As above, starting with Callox. The war chest also contained
  • Darklaw (15/45/75)
  • Lyfang (15/45/75)
    »

Shamelessly copy-and-pasted from UltimateAQ.com. Correction thanks to In Media Res.

< Message edited by Dragoon23 -- 7/31/2013 20:23:30 >
  • AQ  Post #: 3
    5/26/2008 0:54:03   
      Ianthe
     formerly In Media Res

Flashback: NightBane vs Wolfwing

The cursed forest of Darkovia...

• Next

«The scene zooms in on Darkovia on the Travel Map. A flock of birds flies away from the forest as a castle rises from the ground. A shadowy figure stands in front of the castle»

«Enter Wolfwing»

NightBane: I know that voice. I did not think you would be awake-- WOLFWING. But since you are, perhaps it is best.
    Were-King: Let's fight NightBane together!! We can destroy him!!!
    Safiria: The time for me to fight is not yet here. But if you wish, wolf king, go ahead. I will enjoy the spectacle.
    Wolfwing: NO!! I will be the only one to put this whelp in his place! Your bridge, NightBane-- now!!!

«On Dracon Bridge»

Wolfwing: You had to return, didn't you? Of all my children, you held the most promise. BUT NOW-- look at you!
    NightBane: You have grown pitiful. Allowing the elder races of Vampire and Werewolf to remain the rulers of Darkovia....
    NightBane: If it wasn't for me, you and your WerePyres would be nothing but memories.
    Wolfwing: And I thanked you, with more power than I had given any other! And what did you do?? YOU DRANK THE BLOOD OF A THOUSAND DRAGONS.

«The two approach each other»

NightBane: Don't forget the part where I became more powerful than even you.
    Wolfwing: We'll see about that.

«WolfWing and NightBane exchange blows. Nightbane seems to take a hit, but continues to attack Wolfwing until Wolfwing grow tired. Wolfwing counterattacks, but NightBane knocks him off the bridge»

NightBane: It seems we have a case of the student teaching the master.
    NightBane: How I fondly recall your lessons, Wolfwing. And how you will remember this day...
    Wolfwing: It's not over yet, pup.

«WolfWing flies in and grabs NightBane. The battle continues in the sky»

Safiria: It appears the old dog still knows a few tricks after all.

«After exchanging blows again»

NightBane: Hehehe...
    Wolfwing: I wouldn't laugh if I were you--
    NightBane: You may be able to fly... but I can do something you can't...

«NightBane uses his breath weapon on WolfWing»

< Message edited by In Media Res -- 2/10/2009 20:18:46 >
  • AQ  Post #: 4
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> The NightBane Chronicles
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition