Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Quick FAQ for Newbies. Help keep this place clean by reading this!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Quick FAQ for Newbies. Help keep this place clean by reading this!
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/10/2006 13:40:26   
.//Obsession

This isn't official, but I decided to make it because there are several questions asked daily. Being just a normal member, I cannot force you to do anything, but I'd like it if you read through this before posting a question. I'm not an expert either, but I know enough to get rid of the daily questions.

FAQ's

How do I put an image as my sig/In a post?
It's very simple. Find an image host and upload the picture. Then put
[image]ImageURL[/image]
. For Example:

[image]http://www.somehost.com/username/picturename.filetype[/image]

Here are some screenies to help. (Credit chickenbakeok)
Step One
Step two

How do I get a link in my signature image?
To get a link in your sig, simply fill out this code and paste it in your sig:

[link=http://URL here][image]ImageURL here[/image][/link]

Where can I host images?
www.imageshack.us
www.photobucket.com

Just upload the file to one of those, and then use the direct URL.

What is the maximum signature size?
Well, if you had read the rules, you would know that it is 500x100 and 50kb.

How do I upload my own avatar?
You don't. You must choose one from the galleries. Only people with special titles like Creative! or Helpful! can upload.

Here are some screenies to help. (Credit chickenbakeok)
Step One
Step two

How do I get a special title?
You shouldn't want to do art just because of that, but if you must know, you must be helpful, keep out of trouble, be decent at what you do, and never ask for the title. It doesn't happen over night, so don't expect it too.

How do I get a gallery in hand drawn art?
Once again, it's in the stickies. To get a gallery in HDA, you must first create an organized gallery in the GoCA. After you have the gallery set up, PM Grafh or J with a link to your gallery and a request to have it moved.

Can someone rate my sig?
They can, but not here. Try creating a gallery in the Digital Arts section, or request a rating in a rating shop als o found in Digital Arts.

Will somone tutor me in _________?
Yes. Post a tutor request in The Student Teacher Orginazation.

dud, lik hlp e n dis!
We can't. We're to busy trying to decipher what your saying. This is an english forum, so speaking decent english is a part of the experience. You also need relavent topic titles and posts, so we know what to help you with.

Where can I get ________?
Try Grafh's Ultimate Web Resource Guide. Links to paint programs and tutorials.

Is there a way to get ________ free?
That is considered stealing, which is illegal, thus we will not help you. Posting such will only get you warned or banned.

What is C4D?
C4D, or Cinema 4D, is a graphics porgram used to create high quality 3D renders often used by sig makers for effect. The graphics created are reffered to as C4D renders. These renders are used by pasting them into an image and toying with its visibility to add optional effects to an image.

Where can I get C4D renders?
There are many websites that have C4D renders. These include, but are not limited too (Note: you need permission to use these):
www.planetrenders.com
www.deviantart.com

How do I download fonts/brushes?
GIMP: Go to a website such as www.deviantart.com or www.dafont.com and select a font or brush set you like. Find the download and download it to a place within your computer. Then, open up that folder. You will have an option to Extract all Files. Take them, and extract the to this directory:
My Computer> Drive (C:)>Program Files>GIMP>gimp 2.0>share>brushes/fonts (depending on what it is.)
Then, inside gimp, go to either Text or Brushes, and click Refresh Fonts/Brushes and your new sets should appear.
PHOTOSHOP: Once you have downloaded the fonts, they will be either a .rar file or a .zip file, and will appear in a folder on your desktop, or wherever you saved them to.

If they are a .zip file, you simply need to right click and select "extract" and a new folder with the extracted files will be added to your desktop, at this point, you can delete the .zip folder.

If the file is a .rar you need to download winrar to extract the files. Google winrar and you should be able to get more information. Once you have your folder extracted, go to your control panel (Start>Control panel) If you do not already have your control panel in classic view, look at the navigation bar on the left, and select the "Switch to classic view option" You should now have a list of folders and functions. One of those folders should be entitled "Fonts" open that folder. Go back to the extracted folder from earlier, and open it. Inside there should be (among other text files) a file with a large T, a "TrueType Font file" Drag that file into your fonts folder, and you are done.

This is my two cents on the questions asked daily. Be sure to contact me if there is something to add.

< Message edited by .//Obsession -- 6/18/2007 16:13:50 >

Shadowed Pen
AQ  Post #: 1
8/10/2006 13:47:34   
Phrase
Banned!

you should put the "how to get my thread in handrawn" question.

tell the newbs that you're supposed to pm j for him to move thread.
Post #: 2
8/10/2006 13:47:48   
VampireHSS

Doing decent art is just to get creative title, to get helpfull title it is only required to be it (helpfull).

Nice Idea btw
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
8/10/2006 13:51:37   
Phrase
Banned!

yeah but being either doesn't mean you're gonna get those.

and gettring creative is a lot harde then getting helpfull.

you need to be helpfull to be creative.

< Message edited by kr_mag -- 8/10/2006 13:52:27 >
Post #: 4
8/10/2006 14:15:09   
.//Obsession

I plan too KR Mag. I just have a hair apoinment in like 2 minutes.

Try to keep unrelated posts to PMs. I'd like to keep this very clean.
AQ  Post #: 5
8/10/2006 14:42:16   
.Heads
Banned

I made a mini tut about signatures, I'll give it to you, but not now because I lost info from my old harddrive when it broke =/
Probably by tonight though :)
AQ  Post #: 6
8/10/2006 14:45:30   
Phrase
Banned!

the post i made wasn't unrelated.

i was explaining about the titles.
Post #: 7
8/10/2006 18:43:25   
.//Obsession

There was a disscussion, relavent or not, it's uneeded.

Okay, I've got the FAQ completed. Let's hope this works.....
AQ  Post #: 8
8/10/2006 18:54:52   
The Falcon

Brillant Kereo.
AQ  Post #: 9
8/10/2006 19:03:22   
.//Obsession

What's brilliant? Me or the idea? Either way it's true. [/egoandcookies]
AQ  Post #: 10
8/10/2006 19:04:50   
The Falcon

Both XD
This SHOULD stop 75% of all the questions asked here :P
AQ  Post #: 11
8/10/2006 19:08:49   
.//Obsession

Hopefully. I like to hang around here and the GoCA, but I can't stand answering the same things over and over again when few people will.
AQ  Post #: 12
8/10/2006 19:33:49   
.Heads
Banned

For c4d renders, include that you must have permission to use the render, if you are without permission it is considered ripping. This also includes stocks and images unless they are using deviantart for downloading and sharing purposes.
AQ  Post #: 13
8/10/2006 19:37:11   
.//Obsession

Okay. Added.
AQ  Post #: 14
8/11/2006 1:20:10   
Metal

Great guide, Kereo. Let's hope it stays on topic ;)
Post #: 15
8/11/2006 1:42:42   
.//Obsession

Thanks. Hopefully, it will stay on topic, and recieve posts only for additions needed, or VERY important questions.
AQ  Post #: 16
8/11/2006 1:45:52   
chickenbakeok

wow yea this will be pretty helpful :D

maybe u should add a part where you tell them where to put avy and sig like go to profile at the top> and etc. xD alot of newbies seem to have trouble with that foe some reason

< Message edited by chickenbakeok -- 8/11/2006 1:46:22 >

Post #: 17
8/11/2006 1:50:34   
.//Obsession

Hmm. first I need this linked in a pinned topic. Or pinned itself. Though that won't happen.

I plan to add a few screenies, it would be nice if somebody could provide a few. Like CBO, you could provide where to find the area's with screenies!
AQ  Post #: 18
8/11/2006 1:54:38   
chickenbakeok

ive caught the lazyness disease (you can learn about that in the last 2 pages of my gallery)

with screenies? *mumbles*
all those areas

thats alot of screenies xD

Post #: 19
8/11/2006 1:56:57   
.//Obsession

Just take a screnie that shows the top and both of the feilds, and circle those in read and label. C'mon. Preschool's harder than this!

Edit: Just edit for now. Keep it clean.

Okay, I'll await your screenies.

< Message edited by Kereo Takana -- 8/11/2006 2:00:19 >
AQ  Post #: 20
8/11/2006 1:59:10   
chickenbakeok

preschoolers dont use computers >__>

but alrite ill take screenshots for sig and avy

edit: http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/5950/newbitmapimage3xr0.png http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/3982/newbitmapimage4ll2.png

dam that was to hard xD

< Message edited by chickenbakeok -- 8/11/2006 2:06:24 >

Post #: 21
8/11/2006 14:42:39   
Nickwright
Creative!

Also just to clarify some things

To get a Creative title, not only must you have good Artwork but you must also be helpful towards your other Forum Members, so essentially its harder to get a Creative title than it is to get a Helpful title
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
8/11/2006 14:51:06   
.//Obsession

I already said that. Just worded a bit differently.
AQ  Post #: 23
8/11/2006 14:52:16   
Nickwright
Creative!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nickwright
Also just to clarify some things

Thats why I said this Kereo....Your thing about it was kinda wierd to me so I just typed it up simplified...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
8/13/2006 13:26:45   
_Eowends_

Maybe add the avatar size limit?

I think this is a great idea. Good luck.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Quick FAQ for Newbies. Help keep this place clean by reading this!
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition