Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Game Engine Bugs - read the rules and known bugs BEFORE posting

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Bugs >> RE: Game Engine Bugs - read the rules and known bugs BEFORE posting
Page 25 of 26«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/22/2008 8:09:03   
peterfarge

- In battle the PaladinArmorDog restores 5 MP/HP per turn.
- Lets say a spell needs 100 MP and you have 95 MP.
- After the dog attack you have 100 MP and the spell is available.
- Now you use EyeOfNaap and your MP switches back to 95. But the icon of the spell is still available.
- If you now press the spell icon, the game freezes. Nothing happen anymore.

Known, Eye of Naab and Father Time don't update the Quick Spell Menu. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 12/31/2008 16:45:30 >
AQ  Post #: 601
11/25/2008 8:53:02   
Ciberwolf

Yesterday I had the same bug with my secondary character than ati123: just when I did click in "Watch another..." I did run into a frogzard fight. In my case the background was a normal one, not ballyhoo. I tried to fight the zard but weird things happened, for example the zard wont stop atacking without taking turns, the actions menu dissapeared sometimes, and when I managed to attack both attacks (zard and my one) happened at the same time. He finally died, a failure "you have run" message appeared, a level up message appeared (my level being still the same, of course) and... when I though I could continue the game normally, I apear in the warlic store and a frogzart figth begins again. I had to close the game in order to stop the bug.

EDIT: Do you know which ad you watched in Ballyhoo right before this happened?

Muahahahaha!!! I have passed an hour looking at ballyhoo videos, and writing down everything xD Here it is (the structure is: [ad-ballyhoo scene]:
Note: Please, if you only want to read the bug secuence, check only the last character.

First, with my main character:
[Dragon Fable,Magic], [Travian, test items], [MechQuest,Magic], [Tokens, Mummy], [Travian,Items], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [Bots, test items], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [DF, Magic], [Travian, Test Items].

Then, with my second character:
[Guardian, Magic], [Bots, Test Items], [Tokens, Mummy], [Tokens, Mummy], [Travian, Test Items], [Guardian, Magic], [MechQuest, Magic], [Travian, Test Items], [Guardian, Magic], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [Bots, Items].

Then, with my thirth character:
[MechQuest, Magic], [Bots, Test Items], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [Tokens, Mummy], [Bots, Test Items], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [Tokens, Mummy], [Bots, Test Items], [MechQuest, Magic], [Upgrade Card, Magic], [Bots, Test Items]

Then, cause I was surprised cause the bug didn't happened yet, and wanted to keep checking, I have created a new character just to see Ballyhoo, and Voila!! I have got the bug again. Here is the secuence:
[Upgrade Card, Magic], [Travian, Test Items], [Tokens, Magic], [Guardian, Magic] [Travian].

So this is what has happened: I was watching a video, so the last ad (Travian) has been playing in loop some minutes; then I click on "Get Price", the ballyhoo image appears, but before any text-button appears I run into a frogzard lvl 0 fight. When the fight ends, another Travian ad is shown, but before I can do anything another frogzard fight happens. After it I see a Shaila (your goddess...) ad, I click on Get Price and... I see ballyhoo saying I got 60 gold and Twice 16 tokens, but no buttons, and a frogzard fight begins again. Now I'm in a loop of frogzard fights, so I'm going to close the game.

I hope this can help a bit. By the way, I'm from Spain and I'm using Firefox 3 in a Windows XP system. Last version of flash player.

EDIT: Thank you for testing! I think it is the Travian ad.
A german language version of the Travian ad caused this bug a few months ago!!!
Was the Travian ad you were watching in English or Spanish?

Sorry, I can't remember what was the language of the Travian ad that caused the bug, but I have checked now and I see it in spanish, so I suppose it was spanish as well.
Hey, thank you for keep this game so good!
Post data: I click on get price after writing this and I get the bug again. Yes, spanish. I think that I always get the bug if the Travian ad is playing in loop for some time...

< Message edited by Ciberwolf -- 11/30/2008 16:55:04 >
Post #: 602
11/29/2008 7:15:54   
mechtanq

The Hedge Maze

If I choose "No" before entering 10 battles or "No" after the 10 battles, the game puts you in Darkovia, the old map without Dracopyre Legacy. A bug, right?
MQ  Post #: 603
11/30/2008 2:23:09   
ati123

I want to follow with Ciberwolf statement.

Today it happened the same again.

These time, i clicked watched another video fast, and as soon as i clicked it, the bug appeared.

I think that the last ad i had watched, was the travian ad. But still, the ad gave me the gold and everything worked ok.
The problem happened when i clicked Open the magic chest after clicking watch another ad and get more gold.

These bug is getting me sick of it.

These is the 2nd times it happened to me on a day.
I hope the info of the frogzard fight dont gets save, cause always tells me Failure.

Also, everytime it happens, i have to log in again, which is annoying cause im an adventurer.
Please, do something!

< Message edited by ati123 -- 12/1/2008 23:09:50 >
AQ  Post #: 604
12/2/2008 11:46:22   
Dreiko Shadrack

I too have been suffering the frogzard/balyhoo/travian bug, but it also sometimes happens during another ad.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 605
12/3/2008 20:01:10   
ati123

Im so sick about these Travian Ad. I always get the frogzard bug.. i cannot do a single round of all the ballyhoo withouth having to face these bug.

Today, i faced it 2 times.. come on..
AQ  Post #: 606
12/10/2008 12:41:43   
tazmaniancadet

I have just upgraded to guardian and I dont know if its because of that but I have been trying to use the stat trainers and I cant it just says error and I dont know why please help!
Windows XP, Firefox, and the highest level of flash
Post #: 607
12/10/2008 13:33:37   
tazmaniancadet

it says error save failed I just tried again Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #: 608
12/10/2008 21:08:32   
Rander

I've got the same bug too!
After clicking BUY button you supposed to click YES or NO button. However, Knight's picture completely blocks those YES/NO buttons, so that you can't reach them.
I don't think the game freezes. It just waits till you click YES or NO.

Fixed. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 12/31/2008 16:46:51 >
DF  Post #: 609
12/10/2008 22:13:56   
ask13

The bug definetly is not freezing the game. Whenever you sell or buy something the game asks you "are you sure" (yes)(no) <--those are buttons. The problem with this shop is that his picture and hp/mp block this. So you can't click (yes) or (no) or even see the question. Thus it seems as if the game is frozen (since untill you click yes or no you can not do anything else). Since you cant click yes or no the game only seems frozen.

EDIT: This problem appears to have been fixed.

< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 12/13/2008 5:39:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 610
12/13/2008 2:22:14   
Schwarzbart

The New Add Drachenkrieg (www.wardragons.de) has 2 big red points outside the box at the Top of the Browserwindow (using IE 7.0) when I continue the Game Window (yellow box) is smaller then the displayed grafik. I play in 1000x750
AQ MQ  Post #: 611
12/13/2008 12:27:39   
BattleMage

I'm pretty sure this is a bug. It doesn't really affect me at all, but I thought capt might want to know. Ballyhoo ads don't really work for me. The standard AE ads, such as the z-token, DF, and MQ ones work great, as do the upgrade card ads. For everything else I just get a grey screen for about a minute, followed by the prize button. For the Magic: The Gathering ads, the "Here I Rule" background was displayed, sat there for about a minute, then gave me a prize. From the screenshots posted in the AQGD thread on ballyhoo button changes I noticed that everyone else seems to have seen a video/ad thing. *shrug* Like I said, I just watch Ballyhoo to get gold and to help AQ since I can't get a guardianship, not for the sake of watching ads. Still, I thought you might want to know.

If it helps, here is some info about my comp:

Windows Vista
Firefox 3.0.4
Latest version of Flash
Possible Relevant Firefox Add-ons: Adblock Plus 0.7.5.5 with Filterset G (I'm pretty sure this is the culprit, it blocks all banner ads except for AE's for some reason)

EDIT: Can you try turning off the adblock and test Ballyhoo to see what you end up with?

Capt, it requires the browser to be restarted and (since I'm an adventurer) I really hate to do that, but the next time I have to log out I'll give it a try.

EDIT: I doubt you will see this, but I did test it. Adblock is definitely the cause. Hope this helps somehow.

< Message edited by BattleMage -- 1/13/2009 0:07:31 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 612
12/13/2008 17:31:52   
King Slasomov

The event button isnt loading the lord arrgthas event, it is still loading the nightreign vs gracefang event, can you help please?
AQ AQW  Post #: 613
12/14/2008 5:10:29   
Ranloth
Banned

@above
Because it's not a event. Lord Arrgthas can be found in RA and maybe Ice Yonder.
AQ Epic  Post #: 614
12/16/2008 11:55:19   
ramiro

I have the frogzard bug too, is there any way of getting out withoutu refreshing? I'm an adventurer and it can take me some time to re-log in.
AQ  Post #: 615
12/17/2008 21:19:02   
rick3ry

When setting full screen in browser (Seamonkey, Firefox, and some other Mozilla derivatives tested), vertical scroll bar (on right) no longer disappears. Another 1/3 of a screen of blank space remains below the game, keeping vertical scrolling active. It is ugly and sometimes jitters with the mouse wheel. New with latest release.

EDIT: It's related to a hidden frame on the page for the ballyhoo interface.
update: This has been fixed! yay!

< Message edited by Captain Rhubarb -- 1/23/2009 13:25:37 >
AQ  Post #: 616
12/21/2008 20:34:00   
Caedmon Kermode

Browser: IE 7

Issue #1
The Helm of Drakonan (recovered from the war of the seven quest) causes weird head offset glitches when equipped using certain armors (head disappears, and drakonan head appears a bit off to the side of character). Martial artist (serpent fang gi) and white wizard robe have been associated with this glitch. I currently have only used this item with paladin, berserker, white wizard robe, martial artist, and my default guardian leather. It seems to reflect bad offsets?

12/22 I see this is something other people have noticed as well.

Issue #2
Berserker abilities are lowering enemy stats, but not changing battle dynamics--particularly, even when berserker-nerfed, they still do just as much damage. Against several enemies, I have used nightmare visage at below 25% hp in order to lower stats by 30 points (so, used nightmare visage 2x). Additionally I used the Crush ability to lower strength, dexterity, and intelligence by 30 points. Still, however, the enemy executes attacks that produce as much damage as when these stats were higher (example: character vs. level 92 pzycho fiend, default strength was lowered from 100 to 40 points, and the enemy's attacks continued to produce 100 hp ranged damage against my berserker). Am I overlooking something, or is stat-lowering meaningless?

< Message edited by Caedmon Kermode -- 12/22/2008 10:21:04 >
AQ  Post #: 617
12/27/2008 10:57:19   
not steve

game wont load background or monster, i have cleared my cash and nothing has changed. it is able to load the background sometimes but it is never able to load the monster.
http://i39.tinypic.com/16h47kn.png

i am using an imac if that makes a difference.

and also the game cant show me items in the gift box shop.
http://i42.tinypic.com/1zl4qhl.png

< Message edited by not steve -- 12/27/2008 11:01:41 >
AQ DF  Post #: 618
12/30/2008 13:04:54   
baklash0

so, I was trying to get my 8th level of martial artist, and I got the strength check required, but I still din't get the level :( so it was to early to try again, so, hear I am now, the next day, posting this bug, I don't know if they can, but I'd really like that level. anyways, heres the link.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/1173/whatthefailas7.th.png

Please help me out on this one

Yes, it's not clear there, but you actually have to BEAT the difficulty on that roll. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 1/5/2009 14:54:01 >
Post #: 619
12/31/2008 4:35:14   
aNyThInG

The code that prevents users closing AQ window accidentally does not work on Google chrome.

I'm talking about the warning before closing AQ window thingy... It does not work on Google chrome :( I'm sorry if this isn't the right place to report... I don't see any thread to report web error or so.

Problem in Google Chrome is that, double clicking the tab will close the tab. Which the code does not work..

Update: Are you gonna fix this? I'm getting ignored it seems...

Please see Captain Rhubarb's reply below :-) ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 1/19/2009 15:15:08 >
AQ DF  Post #: 620
1/14/2009 5:29:02   
chinoloco93

I have this bug where on Keld Nar, I always freeze up when Minister Bree Ha appears. Is this supposed to happen or is this a known bug? I didn't find when searching.

I've seen it mentioned before, but am still trying to figure out why. What level are you? What is the last speech bubble you see, or is this right after a fight? ~Aelthai

Right after the fight, right before the dialouge starts. I am level 38.

< Message edited by chinoloco93 -- 1/14/2009 20:16:36 >
AQ  Post #: 621
1/17/2009 19:10:13   
not steve

game wont load background or monster, i have cleared my cash and nothing has changed. it is able to load the background sometimes but it is never able to load the monster.

i am using an mac if that makes a difference...but it shouldn't, should it? i am level 83, perhaps the problem is with my computer but it cannot seem to load monsters EVER, often it will load the background but i check on this in AQ periodically to see if the bug has been fixed and i have only been able to fight a monster once in the last three months. is there anything at all you think that I could to to resolve this because i have tried clearing my cache many times and it has never worked. i can however load monsters with my account on a different computer, a PC laptop witch leads me to believe it is a problem with my computer. if there is anything anyone thinks may help me please tell me. i miss playing AQ allot :'(

< Message edited by not steve -- 1/17/2009 19:12:34 >
AQ DF  Post #: 622
1/17/2009 19:43:10   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

quote:

ORIGINAL: aNyThInG
The code that prevents users closing AQ window accidentally does not work on Google chrome.
I'm talking about the warning before closing AQ window thingy... It does not work on Google chrome...
Problem in Google Chrome is that, double clicking the tab will close the tab. Which the code does not work..

I don't think we can fix this. This sounds like a "feature" of Google chrome which doesn't send the normal "window about the close" warning to the browser.
If our page doesn't get the warning, we can't pause for confirmation.

If you happen to run across some other web site that does pop a warning when you close a tab using Chrome, let me know, and I'll try to figure out how they managed to do it.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 623
1/17/2009 19:45:57   
  Captain Rhubarb
Deuteranope

quote:

ORIGINAL: not steve

i am using an mac if that makes a difference......

Are you using the Safari browser with any kind of Ad Blocker installed?
Try turning off the ad blocker to see if that fixes it.

If that works, please let us know.
You can also add *.battlon.com to your ad program "list of safe sites" which will prevent the blocker from blocking stuff on AQ.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 624
1/19/2009 16:03:32   
void dragon master

I recently started farming FWS with a recently achieved 10 luck. After EVERY battle in FWS I got a treasure Hoard... Is this a glitch, or proper? I don't want to be C/A/T'ed. Is the game engine giving me Treasure hoards after every FWS battle now?

Flash version: 9.0.124.0
Browser: Google Chrome (Regular, not incognito)

Armor: Golden Plate
Shield: Golden Shield
Weapon: Naga's Staff
Spell: Spamming the all
Pet: Nerf Kitten
Guest: Poelala

Happened 10 times in a row, Closed the browser (Clear Cache, and whatnot) ... Happened again 3 times in a row... Then I decided something wasn't right and a posted it here.

It's one chance in 8 whenever you get a "normal" background - sounds like you had an exceptional string of good luck. ~Aelthai

< Message edited by Aelthai -- 1/19/2009 22:20:59 >
AQ  Post #: 625
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 24 [25] 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest Bugs >> RE: Game Engine Bugs - read the rules and known bugs BEFORE posting
Page 25 of 26«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition