Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Rankings Debate

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Rankings Debate
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/23/2006 17:02:45   
Fire Brander

This thread is for answering / debating about the topic of rankings in Digiart.
As you may know, the rankings go as follow: Beginner, Novice, Moderate, Interermediate, Semi-Pro, and Pro.
The sub categories of the rankings are: Low, Low-Mid, Mid, Mid-High, and High.
My question to you is that should it go by the categories, or the sub categories, when rankings are in affect?

For instance: Should a Low-Novice be considered Novice? Or should he be, Low-Novice.
This doesn't have a straight-forward answer, and my vote is for Sub Categories. If you compare the difference between a Low and High of a category, the difference is immense.

Thank you to all who help with this in advance.
AQ  Post #: 1
9/23/2006 17:05:56   
Godx

it does not matter hes catorgized novice hes novice no matter if hes high novice or low novice, low, mid, and high are just to get an idea of a mroe percise lvl u are and also their isnt a big differences it becomes a bigger difference only when u hit the higher rankings

< Message edited by Godx -- 9/23/2006 17:10:19 >
Post #: 2
9/23/2006 17:09:55   
TheShadowed1
long cat r looong

The high-low is only used to tell you how far you are to reaching the next level. Call them experience points for a good annalogy. The only thing that matters is the levels.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 3
9/23/2006 17:14:44   
Fire Brander

Yes, but still. I think that the sub-categories are a much better definition. The whole category, such as Novice, is just too vague.

For example: This is a Low-Novice tag.

Would you place that at the same level as this? (Mid-High Novice tag, not even High)

To me, it just doesn't make sense.
AQ  Post #: 4
9/23/2006 17:18:14   
Godx

the acutal standard ratings are novice, mod, inter, semi-pro and pro
subcatogeries is somethin we made up to get a more percise ratin to where we acutally stand

and as for ur question yes i would low novice imo also the top one is beginner since it looks like copy paste to me

< Message edited by Godx -- 9/23/2006 17:24:02 >
Post #: 5
9/23/2006 17:25:20   
Fire Brander

Well, I see your point, but I still disagree. Also, I think Beginner has been added. I havn't seen a place without Beginner yet.

Anyways were you rating that tag, low-novice? Because I'm a little confused by that.
Also, the difference in the knowledge of the making is quite different. For example, that first one was created with almost nop knowledge. The second, however, was created using tutorials and a much greater understanding of the makings of Digiart.
AQ  Post #: 6
9/23/2006 17:27:28   
Metal

From a point of view from someone who visits many forums:

Low/High is to be used as follows:

Beginner - Novice - High Novice - Moderate - Low Inter - Inter - High Inter - Semi - Low Pro - Pro

Eliminate Beginner and you'll see the trend. Moderate and Semi have no low/high, because they were created just to be the mid points of some classes. Semi is still a pro, and moderate is still a novice. They are just extra high/low categories of each. Inter is the most broad category, and as such must have high/low. Novice doesn't need a low, and pro doesn't need a high.

I tend to, when rating, ignore all low/high's unless they are as close as someone can get to the next skill level, or just barely in the skill level.

A debate doesn't really belong here, but it's got no where else to go, and I'd like to see the opinions of others so I'll leave it.
Post #: 7
9/23/2006 17:30:25   
Godx

i can now alot of things but if u dont know how to apply its useless, just b/c u know more things on digiart is quite another how to apply it on too ur tags, its the result that matters

the second is low novice, b/c text is bad its constrated and chatoic and has dull colors

and as for beginner its for ppl that have just started and only know how to copy and paste things, novice is when u can ur on bg other than copy and pastin stuff
Post #: 8
9/23/2006 17:43:49   
Fire Brander

Godx: To be straight forward, your rating is untruthful. Over dozens, and yes I mean dozens, of people, your the first to say Low. And, I with the others strongly disagree. But this is offtopic....

Metal: I see...but the difference between, say, a Low-Novice tag and a High-Moderate tag is a drastic change...so would your reasoning put the High-Mod as a Low-Inter, or as a Moderate, then defined as Novice.

As well, Inter would be the change from Novice to Pro, in a sense, then?

Also, I think beginner is a little larger than that, Godx. Someone who brushes a little and pastes a render isn't a Novice, to me at least.
AQ  Post #: 9
9/23/2006 17:46:27   
Godx

thats what novices are, all they know how to do is brush, paste and add color and some effects which they dont know how to control all beginners know how to do is find bg paste a render it and done

and go to NSL or CA im pretty sure they'll think the same

< Message edited by Godx -- 9/23/2006 17:53:28 >
Post #: 10
9/23/2006 17:53:14   
Fire Brander

NSL and CA don't do Sub-Categories. They just do Categories.

As well, your saying that these tags are the same as people's who just brush a background and add a render?:

AQ  Post #: 11
9/23/2006 17:54:52   
Godx

they've done it for me, it does not matter what techiques uve used, its the end results that matter

< Message edited by Godx -- 9/23/2006 17:55:15 >
Post #: 12
9/23/2006 17:58:42   
Fire Brander

Exactly, those end results don't match up with other's whom are, lets say, Low-Novice.

P.S. Sorry for making you critique your gift...I just copied latest three, my bad

Also, they didn't for me, so I'm not sure what they would say...
AQ  Post #: 13
9/23/2006 18:00:03   
.Heads
Banned

I coming out of my grave to tell you this.

Catagories:
Beginner
Novice
Moderate
Inter
Semi
Pro

Have a nice day, that's all that needs to be said. Ask CA or NSL whether your tags are novice, which they are, and how far you need to go and what to improve on to reach the next level.
AQ  Post #: 14
9/23/2006 18:02:53   
Fire Brander

No, Heads, I know they are Novice, I said not Low-Novice.
Also, we had already established that the main categories were those, but it was the sub-category definitions that were debatable as to which determine rank.
Metal shows a nice system, my comments on that is that each category becomes vaguer than even before.

< Message edited by Fire Brander -- 9/23/2006 18:03:02 >
AQ  Post #: 15
9/23/2006 18:19:50   
Metal

Nah, the smallest categories are semi and moderate. They are just the in-betweens. It's just a mirror image, with inter being the center. If you go backwards each way it's the same system. Inter, on both sides are a different version if inter, beyond that are the small in-between groups, past that are the lows/highs of the two main categories, and beyond that are the actual categories.

And Godx you're contradicting yourself. First you say novices are people who brush, then you say the end result is all that matters in ratings, and not what they did to make it.

You can brush and be pro, you can use c4d and be completely brushless and be novice. It doesn't matter what you did to make it, the end result is what is judged.

As for you, heads, you're right at CA we would tell people the categories, but when actually ranking individual sigs, and not sigs as a whole, we also sometimes tell them the high/low factor.
Post #: 16
9/23/2006 20:39:40   
Memorex

Well I'm bored, sooooo

I agree with Metal on this one, when you say high mod or low. it gives you more thought and might mess you up, now if someone said you were mod and not high or low, you would have something to work on and it will, so to speak, excell you faster, so not only is using metal's system a good idea, but it will also help you improve faster. Trust me i know. So my vote goes so main catorgies.

Ok now if that seemed completely useless, as said i am bored.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Metal

And Godx you're contradicting yourself. First you say novices are people who brush, then you say the end result is all that matters in ratings, and not what they did to make it.

You can brush and be pro, you can use c4d and be completely brushless and be novice. It doesn't matter what you did to make it, the end result is what is judged.

Take me for example XD, cept mabey not pro >.>
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
9/24/2006 9:34:28   
Fire Brander

Yes, but in a battle for instance, lets say its a Novice battle, and what your saying is that Moderate is Novice. So putting a Low-Novice and a High-Mod together would be in the same category, but its just not even a battle. The High-Mod knows so much more about Digital Arts Making, and thus can produce a much higher quality tag.
AQ  Post #: 18
9/24/2006 9:56:56   
.Heads
Banned

I'm back again. You're really annoying me, I mean, it's just a battle. It doesn't matter if they suck at making DA if they give valid reasons. I can understand that if they say "dued tatzc uuul" or something like that, we all know it's not valid, at least us in the SaAMA, and I dislike how you disqualify peoples votes because they voted for someone else and don't have a gallery, it takes alot of time and effort to make a gallery, so chill.
Yeah, I used to say "you're not mod, please don't post" ect. but I had just retuned after a month, many more members had joined, and I didn't realize that so many of them were novice, so just chill.

Have another nice day. I left, so I want to stay left.
AQ  Post #: 19
9/24/2006 10:14:02   
Fire Brander

I didn't say for VOTERS, I said for Battlers, .Heads. And I say Novice, not Mod. Also, I corrected myself on that one thing. This is also a general discussion, not just on that topic.
And you really don't seem to be leaving...
AQ  Post #: 20
9/24/2006 10:36:11   
Godx

ok im back and true, i was condrictin myself

anywayz when u say novice u mean all the subcatogires in general, but as head said imo long as they know what their talkin about and give vaild reasons i dont see why they cant vote, doesnt matter what lvl they are, as i said they may know a lot of techiques but if they cant apply on too a tag is quite useless
Post #: 21
9/24/2006 16:54:17   
Metal

Fire Brander, lets get a few things straight, you refer to my scale and say "but in a battle for instance, lets say its a Novice battle, and what your saying is that Moderate is Novice. So putting a Low-Novice and a High-Mod together would be in the same category, but its just not even a battle.?" First, anyone can face anyone, it's their choice. Second there no low novice or high moderate in the scale I posted, so that has nothing to do with what I presented to you. The first battle on the Digital Arts Battles board was between myself and The Fade. He is professional, at the time I was low intermediate. The score was 5-7, he barely won. Skill level hardly matters in battles, it can go either way, because it's all about perspective when presenting two tags to be compared by a group of individuals, with each opinion being unique.
Post #: 22
9/24/2006 17:02:33   
Fire Brander

True, but I never referred to your scale Metal, I simply stated that it was nice.
As well, I see where your going, but average tags are still very different from each other in such category differences.
Also, I doubt the voters were at the ranks you were, which brings us back to one of the main points. The voters, at times, are not at the level yet where they can see whats in the tag. Though I do see where your going, I still stand that the categories are extremely vague and need to be described as the sub-categories.
AQ  Post #: 23
9/24/2006 17:19:55   
FNORD

Dude, there is a LOW pro? I can't even tell the diff between semi and pro, like, at all.

I have a lot to learn :P
AQ  Post #: 24
9/24/2006 19:23:59   
.//Obsession

Gah... Wonderful... Someone else worried about ratings. Honestly, there's really no real rater, because everyone has different opinions... You should just average up what people rate and get an idea. If you really care that much....

Well, thank you for wasting time and space. Good day.

(If I revive simply to insult you, there's a problem here.)
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Rankings Debate
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition