Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

More of... Advice

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> More of... Advice
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/31/2006 2:24:20   
The One To Rule

Okay, I remember when I was a "Noob" "Nub" "Newb." Whatever you want to call it. Now I am here at around 11:00 PM living off caffeine, but you are going to get an insight on how The One's mind works. How I start making my sigs if you will. I had started GFX and I though my stuff was insanely cool even though it looked something like something you would find on the bottom of your shoe.

(insert crappy piece of crap)

Ew right?, but I was starting off when there was this new thing called CS. The places I visited were buzzing around with sigs, and of course trends. I wanted to be a part of this, but I wasn't listening to what other people were saying, so this brings me to my first point. It is always important to listen to the comments of others. C&C. Comments and Crit. Whatever you want to call it. If you ever want to get good at sig making or anything listen to the thoughts and ideas of your fellow members. Sometimes they will just say cool, or, good. There will be a select few that will actually give some meaningful advice. I didn't feel like listening and suffered the consequences.

I then stumbled upon Adventure Quest. I joined up, and soon discovered the forums. I remember all the amazing sigs I saw and I was hoping I could do stuff like that ( I still can't, but I am getting there )
I started listening to the advice, and sort-of found my way around The GIMP ( www.gimp.org ). I started to get a feel for making sigs, now some of my earlier works were embarrassing so I will not show them.

Another point. DO NOT give up. You might suck in the begining , but you will get better. There will also be another select few. Flamers. We do not have many here, but when you move on to bigger forums. There will be more of this type which will try and discourage you.Don't listen.

I am pretty sure you are quite bored about now, but I sort-of know what I am talking about.

A helpful tip for you. Look up as many tutorials as you can. They can never hurt, but be careful. Do not try to replicate tutorials exactly. Never. BE CREATIVE. Do what you think you should.

Now. Many people came and went. The program war caused a mass of the amazing great pro users to quit. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT PROGRAM YOU USE. I can not stress this enough.

Many styles came, and went. Trends, and such. I am giving you some more helpful insight here. Now as I have come and go in the Graphics community I have stumbled upon many trends. This is no news now is it?,But what I have been thinking is what's the excitement? now i'm sure you guys along with me have seen that same C4d sig over and over again. On GD GR NSL and every other graphics board I see the same C4d sig in each and every profile signature. What I'm trying to get to is why go with the trend.Why do that c4d sig that you see everywhere. Now i'm not saying it's bad or anything I'm just saying we've seen it before. Now there was the grunge trend, abstact, heavily brushed, Smudge, So on and so forth. And everyone did that type of sig. Now I have done that same c4d sig the same material but it just got me thinking "What's the point i've been there and done that"

The One's process of sig making

I usually invision what I am going to make judging by the stock. I smudge erase use layer effects some filters, but I never get what I invision just a dumbed down version.

Creds To:
Tar
SE2
Correl
and every one who has ever been poked fun at for not doing great sigs.

This is just my 2-Cents "and now i'm broke."

I know this will most likely get skipped, lauged at, or yelled at for sort-of copying off Tar XD. I just though I would share some advice with newer people along with somebody looking for a few tips.

Added Bits

Because i cannot be bothered right now to read the other paragraphs, did you add that even thought people may not comment in your galleries, do not let it put you down, i've seen alot of new people complaining about no comments on their work. It's not something to complain about. If no-one posts in your gallery, don't let it get to you, just keep making even more sigs and don't let it discourage you.
Also, incase some people say this as i have seen in other forums, you DO NOT need photoshop to make quality sigs. There are other programs that are quite capable of making good sigs and anyone who says you do need photoshop to make good sigs is a big, fat liar. And a moron. Other applications are quite as capable of making good sigs. - Swiper

Resources
Will get some new ones up.

< Message edited by The One To Rule -- 4/23/2008 19:31:16 >

AQ  Post #: 1
12/31/2006 11:09:00   
crunchy chix

Yay long thing that ws intresting with good grammar and mispellings that was good til teh end where you started Ranting off about cd4's somehow
AQ  Post #: 2
12/31/2006 15:00:43   
The One To Rule

thanks... I think
AQ  Post #: 3
12/31/2006 15:09:06   
Swiper

Because i cannot be bothered right now to read the other paragraphs, did you add that even thought people may not comment in your galleries, do not let it put you down, i've seen alot of new people complaining about no comments on their work. It's not something to complain about. If no-one posts in your gallery, don't let it get to you, just keep making even more sigs and don't let it discourage you.
Also, incase some people say this as i have seen in other forums, you DO NOT need photoshop to make quality sigs. There are other programs that are quite capable of making good sigs and anyone who says you do need photoshop to make good sigs is a big, fat liar. And a moron. Other applications are quite as capable of making good sigs.
DF  Post #: 4
12/31/2006 16:13:02   
[AD].Blade

that was actually , moderatelly inspiring o____________o
im not sure that belongs here but its good advice.
IMO this should be stickied for all to read
AQ  Post #: 5
12/31/2006 17:45:17   
Orbit

Very inspriational to our young sig makers out their we've all started our paint sigs and thought they were the best until somebody says it sucks some of quit and some became great. Me personally went through a number of programs the only I can remember is Pixia and a little GIMP. I thought of quitting plenty of times (most of those times I just took long breaks). I try not to follow the trends of other sig makers be doing my own thing but sometimes the only way you get some respect is by doing those trends and turning them into your own style.

Whoa I didn't think I would type so much
Post #: 6
12/31/2006 17:49:50   
The One To Rule

Swiper: True. Added to FP
[AD]: Thanks :)
Orbit: Thank you. I used GIMP, paint, pixia, and PS CS, now CS2. While i am quite a trend follower I am trying to push people in the right direction. I'm not saying never follow a trend, but slowly develop your own style
AQ  Post #: 7
12/31/2006 18:09:55   
skyboy59

its nice... and reminds me that i'm one of the few that doesnt actually plan things out lol
I just open up photoshop when i feel like it, first layer is clouds filter then start randomly brushing lol

yeah... i really dont think following in a trend when you are starting out is good... I started on multiple trends because i dont like one trend completely so i blend in other parts that i like from other trends... (though... ugh... its mostly me just randomly brushing with cloud sets lol and throwing a render i find on google lol)

not sure why people like c4d to start out on... sure it looks nice once you've learned how to blend things which is actually rather hard so why try to learn that first off? lol
AQ  Post #: 8
12/31/2006 18:12:31   
The One To Rule

ha ha you un-organized lol factory XD jp, but it does pay to be organized
AQ  Post #: 9
1/1/2007 0:44:59   
.Heads
Banned

basically the long version of what caused me to get d00dman's epic win rating =)
AQ  Post #: 10
1/1/2007 0:49:14   
The One To Rule

lol epic win XD
AQ  Post #: 11
1/1/2007 1:29:02   
shadowelite2

very nice...and long...
YAY! i got cred ^^

u rock The one, u truely are the one, to rule
AQ  Post #: 12
1/1/2007 2:39:47   
The One To Rule

nah I think I am just a guy hoping to inspire some people, help some people, and rob know some people
AQ  Post #: 13
1/1/2007 2:54:45   
13thokazaki

good work m8, the community needs such contribution.
Keep it up.
AQ  Post #: 14
1/1/2007 3:05:18   
The One To Rule

thanks ^^ It was on accident that it came out semi-good
AQ  Post #: 15
1/1/2007 3:09:53   
13thokazaki

oh just pimpslap anyone who says you copied me
AQ  Post #: 16
1/1/2007 3:14:11   
The One To Rule

yes! now I gots your permission!

Edit:Added a resources section :D

< Message edited by The One To Rule -- 1/1/2007 3:19:45 >
AQ  Post #: 17
1/1/2007 5:13:20   
E.T

Thank you for creating this.It has helped me greatly.
P.S: pm on how we're gonna do this lesson thing.
Post #: 18
1/1/2007 6:08:47   
jackketchum

can someone pm me with instructions on how to use a sig from a link?

< Message edited by jackketchum -- 1/1/2007 6:12:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 19
1/1/2007 9:11:26   
The One To Rule

E.T: Awesome :D
jack: pm me if someone hasn't already
AQ  Post #: 20
1/3/2007 20:55:21   
crunchy chix

STICKIE STICKIE STICKIE STICKIE yah tats teh most inspiringthing besides bacon lol but seriously you give great advice
AQ  Post #: 21
2/3/2008 12:05:01   
zenron the great

erm...BUMPAGE.

some good advice here so I thinks it deserves a BUMP
DF  Post #: 22
4/23/2008 18:12:42   
The One To Rule

Oh christ this is still here? wow.

I should edit this. terrible grammar.
AQ  Post #: 23
4/24/2008 21:01:08   
Grafh
Jade Rose

quote:

ORIGINAL: zenron the great

erm...BUMPAGE.

some good advice here so I thinks it deserves a BUMP

Unlesws you have something to add, your bump is spam.

TOTR - Let me know if you plan bto rework this. Added FAQ.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 24
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> More of... Advice
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition