Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= [Merged] Meet the "Hey what exactly are you anyway" - Falerin =AE=

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =AE= [Merged] Meet the "Hey what exactly are you anyway" - Falerin =AE=
Page 5 of 17«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
10/31/2005 13:57:54   
Atlas~HolderOfTheSky
Banned!

Hello! A few questions if you may?

I am sure you may

Who do you think was the wisest ( Note I say wisest not smartest ) person to live on this earth?

I am aware of the difference... though the two attributes are some times related many intellgegent people are devoid of all sense.... At issue here is whether I address this from a persepctive of faith or not... because people who my faith say walks the earth others might deny entirely.... for my own part Jesus of Nazareth Ranks near the top... Every generation has their own wise men though. Some of Note in recent history include Mohandas Ghandi, Martin Luther King Jr., and Albert Einstein which many would argue is more intellect then wisdom... but if you read some of what he says you will quickly realize the man was wise beyond his time.... Sure he was brilliant too... (Though even his intellegence was different then that of Most)

What is your favorite of confucius' sayings? ( Mine is "Learning without thought is labor lost; thought without learning is perilous.")
This one ranks high:

“You may rob the Three Armies of their commander, but you cannot deprive the humblest peasant of his opinion.” (Lunyu 9.26
)

Do you have a favorite mythical being? Meaning the Roman, Greek, Norse gods. Mine is Atlas ( as you can see. )

I enjoy mythos in general.... I could not name a single one...

Did you ever think of trying to get a piece of your work published?

I have considered it.

And lastly, Do you believe in the Big Bang theory or Divine design? ( I personally believe it started with the big bang, but not by accident.)

The physics are still out on the method.. Certainly big bang is one explanation... this is however just the how it happened. Untimately I have to find a source or reason for that event... (why) and for that I turn to Creation...

Thanks for your time,

~Atlas~

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/16/2005 16:43:45 >
Post #: 101
11/10/2005 9:13:55   
Guardian girl rin

Eh few more.

I love that book, you should read it. Anyothers of his you would recommend?

I recommend one reads as much as possible and as diverse as possible... I especially recommend people read things that they at first do not enjoy... sometimes you actually will get into it and discover things they never expected...

And now for some random ones:

Are you wearing socks?

At the moment I answer this I in fact am wearing socks...

What color?

Black

Favorite scent of candle? I love Vanilla.

I enjoy many scented candles... and many manufacturers of those besides... Much depends on the mood... If its made by Yankee Candle Compnay I likely like it....

Fav book?

Eh see above... probably Good Omens but thats under duress... I like to read.....

Eh, I'm done.

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/16/2005 16:47:16 >
AQ  Post #: 102
11/11/2005 0:19:11   
Merwic

i noticed in an earlier post that you were a fan of weis and hickman, particularly the death gate novels. i don't think ive ever heard anyone else mention that series.

do you have a favorite book out of the death gate novels?

The first One ranks high because Haplo really has no idea whats going on but the audience gets a good idea with time

i wish i could be a patryn, dont you?

Er not given how things turn out.....

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/16/2005 16:48:38 >
Post #: 103
11/11/2005 10:06:02   
Ultra Slayer

Who is the strongest between the three?Artix von Krieger,Galanoth or Captain Rhubarb?

Ha! I dare not answer such a loaded question.. ALl 3 are mighty in their own fashion
Fixed a missing bracket. -Kal

< Message edited by Kalanyr -- 11/27/2005 21:42:59 >
AQ  Post #: 104
11/13/2005 14:15:40   
Eon Het

When Zorbak first made his appearance,why did Kabroz stay hidden?

Zorbak is something of a trouble maker not a bad guy per se but a trouble maker for sure... Appearing with him would just be playing into that and making Kabroz second to Zorbak.... Aside from that stay tuned... more to come.. .You will see Zorbak again rather soon...

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/16/2005 16:51:19 >
Post #: 105
11/17/2005 0:43:52   
lllleeeerrrrooooyyyy
Banned

When you first started helping with aq were did you start?

The Chat

and i wrote my first writing and was wondering what you think it is here

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/28/2005 20:45:42 >

AQ  Post #: 106
11/19/2005 9:11:49   
Crystal Lion

Uhhh,why did you rub out the link to my story?
Is it a big flop?(I hope not.)
Post #: 107
11/19/2005 10:07:42   
Guardian Patrick

Are you the creator of Ultimate AQ?

Not at all

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/28/2005 20:47:30 >

Nulgath: center right center right right left left
Swindle: center right center right left right
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 108
11/22/2005 14:54:35   
stealth325

ooookkkayy.....

do you like answering questions?

Generally I do not mind

Can I have 10 pies?

You may certainly purchase 10 pies... that will be your immortal soul....

Which do you like better aq or ak?

Stylistically AK... but its a short game... so.... AQ in general...

do you have a pet?

Well I own a large silver fantail goldfish but it resides with my parents at the moment not with me my wife and kids

If so what?

See above

Am i annoying and or stupid?

Are you?

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/28/2005 20:50:21 >

Dumb and utterly stupid sig, will change later...
Post #: 109
11/25/2005 1:22:40   
draykling

Hi Falerin! I really respect you as the LoreMaster and if you hav any comments, you can say it now.

Now, for a few questions...

How do you feel like being the LoreMaster?

Generally its ok.. though it can be frustrating at times

What's your hobby?
Gaming, Computers, IRC, Reading, Writing

Do you like drawing? (That's my hobby!)

I like to doodle but I am definitely NOT an artist

What do you do in your free time?

What is this 'free time'?

That's all! Thx!

< Message edited by falerin -- 11/28/2005 20:52:12 >
AQ  Post #: 110
11/30/2005 15:39:07   
Commander Wiggin

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

A lot of rabbits....unless you mutliply badly then you get the meaning of life... but its not neccesarily the right question...

< Message edited by falerin -- 12/12/2005 7:45:42 >
AQ DF  Post #: 111
12/1/2005 12:28:51   
draykling

Wiggin, u sound like u r insultin him

Hmm? What? Really? I do not particuarlly find it insuklting... silly but not insulting.... (The actual answer is 54... but ya know....)

< Message edited by falerin -- 12/12/2005 7:39:07 >
AQ  Post #: 112
12/2/2005 16:28:59   
lalobzre

Master of Lore! Hail and well-met!

Now for the juicy part...

First of all, do you know Artix (Adam) In real-life?

I have spoken to him on the telephone... and chatted with him on IRC I have never seen him face to face....

If so, then are you friends or just aquantinces?

Considering you have answered many that have asked if you've RPed before and you have answered yes, then I have to ask: Are you in the ARPer status there, or are you just average?

I do not RP On the AQ forums though I do rp frequently however some of the people who game with me via Caelestia.net could answer this as could Pae as she plays with me on another forum...They seem to think I do well enough...

Last, but certainly not least, What is your view on dragons? Do you think of them as mindless eating machines (Portrayed as in AQ), or as intelligent entities with minds of their own and personalaties (As portrayed by many, though to name one, Christopher Paolini, author of Eragon and Eldest)?

Mindless? You were not arround for the Akriloth quests then? or Darkath? No dragons are highly intelligent and cunning

Farewell, and thanks!

< Message edited by falerin -- 12/12/2005 7:42:04 >
AQ  Post #: 113
12/4/2005 11:00:30   
Elf Of Doom Knight

What do you play on the internet, O holy loremaster?

Run Escape. Jam them into one word and add a .com to the end

AQ sometimes. KnightOnline regularly.... A few other games rarely.. and on IRC all the time... I used to play Runescape and Neopets but no more...

< Message edited by falerin -- 12/12/2005 7:43:14 >
DF  Post #: 114
12/6/2005 15:21:49   
Commander Wiggin

Draykling, you have to read hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy to understand the question, it's not an insult.

I have and Understood the reference so do not worry... Douglas Adams Rocked

< Message edited by falerin -- 12/12/2005 7:46:47 >
AQ DF  Post #: 115
12/7/2005 21:12:23   
Eon Het

I'm hoping that you will show us a piece of your work,as to set a good example.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=493254

An opinion for a story from a great storywriter is highly welcomed......

< Message edited by falerin -- 12/12/2005 7:49:13 >
Post #: 116
12/11/2005 10:55:07   
Daniel5670

how do u get soo much gold??? please give me some tips or so

Powers beyond the realm of mortals

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/4/2006 0:04:57 >
Post #: 117
12/13/2005 6:54:04   
draykling

Hi there (with more questions),

Remember the "free time"? I meant the time when you are free, what will u do?

Again I must ask what is this free time you speak of... Time when I am free? There is no such time....

What is your reaction if you actually get to see Adam and the AQ team himself?

and the aq team himself? I am part of said team.... as to meeting Adam I would like to but it is not an invent that I hold in awe....

Lightside or Darkside?

My side

If so, I'm (not really) a demon-elf! Nya!

Hey it takes all kinds right....

Do you like amusing questions?

Of course but some people have funny ideas about what is amusing

If so, what type of amusing questions?

All types so long as they actually are amusing

And now... I'm gonna finish you off...

WITH USELESS QUESTIONS!!!

No lah, just kidding...

That's all.

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/4/2006 0:08:16 >
AQ  Post #: 118
12/15/2005 11:47:48   
mr blobby rocks
Banned

Pizza or garlic bread

BOTH!!!! and with some wings and mozarella sticks on the side

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/4/2006 0:08:53 >

AQ  Post #: 119
12/30/2005 0:20:11   
blaster33

pie?

Certainly I love the constant of circular area....

if so what flavor

Decimal is clearly superior to fractional notation for pi

if not

I know who does not love pi

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/4/2006 0:10:35 >

im sorry but im too lazy to make a signature. bad me!!!

AQ  Post #: 120
12/30/2005 0:51:46   
eagle88

Hail to thee, Loremaster Falerin *Bows in homage*

Well met traveller. Homage is it? How interesting....

If you don't mind too much, might I ask a few small questions?

Seeing as you already have I clearly am not going to change that fact now

What is the square root of the suare root of 27?

The fourth root of 27 is roughly 2.27951

Which bird of prey is your favorite: Eagle, Hawk, Falcon, Owl, Osprey or Kestral? *Hopes it's eagles ^_^*

I Like many of the birds of prey you are missing Harrier and a few others incidentally but you actually win it is Eagles its a long running family emblem.

In your opinion what are the top three most important things a good story of Lore needs?

Consistency, Depth of Character, Depth of Story

Who inspired you to write (author, family member, friend, etc.)?

All of these

Which Movie Score composer is better: John Williams, James Horner, Danny Elfman or Hans Zimmer?

All of them are quite talented. Elfman certainly ranks near the top but the other three are no slouches... you are missing one of my favorites however Midnight Syndicate....

Who is your favorite Comedic singer? (a few examples: Al Yankovic, Tom Lehrer, Spike Jones, Stan Freberg, Tim Cavanagh)

Leher and Yankovic are icons Spike Jones was foundational in the genre as was Freberg and Cavanagh as well as Benny Hill and Rev. John Forester, countless others such as Bob Rivers and Dr. Demento have insured the genre gained wide exposure to a large audience Dr. Elmo and Wierd Al himself would have had no market without the latter. Contemporary artists such as Da Yoopers, Christine Lavin and Arlo Guthrie all expand the genre in many different directions.. Favorite.... Probably Leher or Yankovic for sheer volume of songs I love..... The Vatican Rag being a Favorite by Leher and Christmas at Ground Zero among my favoirtes for Yankovic (interestingly one of his originals not a parody). For single song however the hands down winner is Denis Leary... the song however cannot be even named here no less quoted.... though a particularly politically incorrect line says "...I like to park in handicapped spaces while handicapped people make handicapped faces..." the song in question is found on the album "No Cure for Cancer" some research will turn it up...

And lastly, What weather do you find fascinating: Rain, snow, hail, tornado, lightning and thunder, hurricanes or freezing rain?

Atmospheric phenomena are all fascinating but perhaps none more so then the unusual phenomena known as ball lightning....

OK, that's all I have for now- I thank thee for your time *Bows*

Joy

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/4/2006 0:30:36 >
AQ  Post #: 121
1/1/2006 0:02:26   
Pawnmaster

Hi.(bows)
I have a few questions.

Have you read any of the Harry Potter books?
If so which ones?

All of them

Do you like PIE?

Generally yes

Have you read Eragon or Eldest?

I own Eragon I just got it but have not yet read it
I have finished Eragon now and was rather favorably impresed.... I will be sekaing out Eldest forthwith.... though knowing certain things are coming is distressing.... I am unfortunately the sort who catches ALL of the clues in books and movies like this...

(imitating Majin Buu)Do you like chocolate?!?
Buu..... has nothing one me.... if you desire to turn someone to choclate I recomend agaisnt divine entities....

That's all,thank you for your time.(bows again)

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/8/2006 23:31:43 >
AQ  Post #: 122
1/1/2006 0:11:07   
earthcub

Have you read any of the Harry Potter books?
I browsed through a couple. Looks like a good read.
Generally I have found they are

If so which ones?
Pick one. Any one.
I select as unpublished book seven because I eagerly await its publication

Do you like PIE?
Very much so. I also like pi, but it doesn't come in apple or pecan.

No but it does come in a stunning number of fractional and decimal approrximations...

Have you read Eragon or Eldest?
Haven't read Eldest but what I did read of Eragon reminded me that there is a reason a child shouldn't publish a book, especially when he has no talent. Even my girlfriend agreed. He wrote like he was writing a mud... not bad, just not original. Like a 3 out of 10 kind of thing.

Cannot comment I have the book but have not yet read it... However I do not know that its fair to say he cannot write given the books popularity some clearly disagree and not just young persons. Also various other young persons have been excellent writers... if one likes Angsty Gothic Vamp fiction I am current reading Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and she started at a similar age and is apparently quite well regarded critically

Ok I have finished the book now. I loved the book it was well written compelling and while it had elements of MANY different previous entries it had a life all its own...... The fact that you state "What I did read of Eragon" tells me you are not even giving full shrift....

I didn't give it full shrift because I was tired of reading it, the writing is reminiscent of a mud.
It has a life of its own, because of the fact that a kid wrote it.

I totally disagree with the fact the idea that he writes poorly. Most people that express this opinion from what I have seen are not authors either. Many people want to critcize his syle for being similar to this that and the other thing...and for lacking originality.... if it were not within genre it would be disinteresting to those who are fans of the genre...

The fanfare that this caused is not unlike the fanfare raised by children who know the middle names of all the US Presidents... or a child "genius" who can add in his head. It's not like he was discovered on his own... he had ties with a publishing company because of a family. The work that I published when I was a kid seemed amazing to everyone else... now when I pick up and read it... I personally feel that not only were those pieces my worst yet, they probably should never have been read by anyone.

I assure you that MY attraction has no basis in Mr. Paolini's age. Mr. Paolini is good at prose. He may borrow ideas but he does not borrow words. He WRITES well. The assertion he writes as mud is caustic and unfounded

I know that it's because my eyes have become a bit more "mature" but that's because I have actually experienced some real things. That's perhaps why I don't read much fantasy anymore. You want writing, read some Phillip K. Dick or pick up a copy of "Naked Lunch" or even "Another Roadside Attraction", one of my childhood reads that I still remember.

Or my favorite fantasy writer, Michael Moorcock. Now that guy had talent. He was discovered by a publishing company and He became editor of Tarzan Adventures in 1956, at only sixteen, later moving on to edit Sexton Blake Library.

I am quite familiar with Phillip K. Dick and with Moorcock (Though I loathe his work on Tarzan and tend to Loathe Tarzan period.) They are categorically different genres. I have never claimed Paolini is a genius only that I liked his writing and the story

Eragon, The Inheritance Trilogy, has a young author. Eragon & Eldest might be okay, even good writing but there are better books with much more elaborate plots.

Elaborate? So..... Elaborate is not equal to better. I find Tolkien unreadably dry because of his excessive detail orientation.

There are times where he takes Lord of the Rings and EarthSea Trilogy (Ursula LeGuin, excellent writer but the book is kind of childish!) and cuts them up and mixes them together. Poulini nearly takes word for word from the way magic works in EarthSea. Here is the beef:

From The Alan Review, Spring 1996. Jan M. Griffin:
Ged learns much and proves to have great power. As all of the students do, Ged travels to the Master Namer where he lives for a year learning the names of everything. Though bored, Ged knows the importance of learning the names, the true names of everything. For when one has knowledge of the true name, the name of making of a person or an object, he has power over it.

While I was not attacking him, I was attacking his originality and his composition. Those, to me, make a good book. He has to pull from other sources because that is all he's read. I know for a fact, his books will become excellent reads. But for now at least in my eyes, he hasn't figured out what to write.

The similarities between Ged and Eragon as well as between the Namer and Brom seem a big stretch to me.. and I love EarthSea.... Yes magic works similarly... There are limits. Nothing is NEW under the sun

(imitating Majin Buu)Do you like chocolate?!?
mmmmm... diabetes. i am banned from all Hershey's factories.

Sucks to be you....

OH WAIT! THOSE WERE FOR LOREMASTER? SORRY!

Loremaster, do you think underwear should be incorporated into the game?

I see no benefit in that but whatever floats your boat...

< Message edited by falerin -- 3/26/2006 23:23:14 >
AQ DF  Post #: 123
1/3/2006 1:41:43   
Shinji

Loremaster My Questions

If you could Have one of these 4 girls as your wife which would it be
Lutercretia
Robina
Valencia
Aria

None... I am married to Liliana quite happily

If you went on a Mad Administative ship Spree and Hacked Artix's Acount and had all his Powers what would you Do?

A rhetorical question without merit as There is nothing I could do with Artix's account that I would want to do and that cannot be done for me by other team members

If you conjure up a Giant Army, Who would be your General and what type of Monsters would be in it

I will not reveal my plans that easily mortal

if you were Grand Master Of LORE what would you do Oh wait sorry about that last one! You are!

Grand Master am I? I do not recall that particular title but if it pleases you to render me such I will not deny your pleasure

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/4/2006 0:39:21 >
AQ  Post #: 124
1/5/2006 20:38:15   
Gargantuanian

I send upon thee greetings of the grandest matter that i can muster, oh great Master of Lore! I have a question to ask of thee...

Wouldst thee happen to know of the great and ancient art of riddles?

Do I? To a degree I suppose so

< Message edited by falerin -- 1/7/2006 21:24:05 >
AQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Meet the Mods Archives >> RE: =AE= [Merged] Meet the "Hey what exactly are you anyway" - Falerin =AE=
Page 5 of 17«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition