Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Flash Q&A thread 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Flash Q&A thread 3
Page 1 of 1612345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/26/2007 22:00:04   
lil boi blue

I wanted to start a universal thread for learning flash, if you know of any techniques which i do not list or have questions, feel free to post (stated we can make tutorial threads)

(those with tips, no matter how new or old, i'll add your tutorial here if post or pm me one and i'll add your name to the tutors list,the more tips we have, the better)

though im doing flash help, i've seen this question so many times

Flash users
Lil boi blue (specialty)=cartoon/character animation and emphasis
Zoltan red is going to be what he would say (specialty)=game/general programming
Goten Maxwell purple is going to be what he would say (specialty)=flash artwork
Flash users (if you have the program flash MX 2004 tell me and i'll add you, this is to help any and all flash users with their skills)
-lil boi blue
-Zoltan
-Goten Maxwell (legend)
-imdark
-karn blood tooth
-codelabmaster
-independence quiad!!
-rich316
-gandalf5849
-Valgaera
-althorne
-Jin
====if you use these tutorials please tell me you did so i know it helps people/doesn't help and that its not a waste through pm or something

================================================================================

LINKS

THOSE INTERESTED IN WANTING TO GET FLASH PROGRAM OR TRIAL GO HERE
here is the site for the free trial

here is a picture for reference of flash MX 2004

TURN-BY-TURN BATTLE SYSTEM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/tutorialgame.swf

CHUBBS HAND TUTORIAL

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j231/chubbs153/handtut.swf

FAQ

BASIC LEARNING SECTION
(click links in words to see examples of what to do and what it looks like for reference

Table of contents

Sections
Sound
Movement
Buttons
Cursor and cursor effects
Technical help
Text
Actionscripts
Custom Effects

-motion tween
-skipping frames
-making objects move with keys
-making cameras
-how do i make a button
-how do i put it to work
-how do i make dynamic buttons (animated)
-custom cursors
-get objects to follow cursor
-uploading
-large pixels
-flasy text
-shadow effect
-glowing effect around text
-dream sequence
-oneframe animations
Action script
-making dragable movie clips
-making objects move with keys
-object follows mouse
-making mouse a pen
-RPG inventory
-change frame when MC's collide

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/14/2007 19:06:19 >
AQ DF  Post #: 1
2/26/2007 22:34:07   
[AD].Blade

wow ur back? o.0 i used to use these tuts alot
AQ  Post #: 2
2/26/2007 23:07:37   
Nickwright
Creative!

K, Maybe you can answer this...
I'm drawing, its going okay then i get colors going to the back or front of the Canvas on the layer, and I can't do Move to Front/Back
Mostly Darker Colors/Shades end up on bottom, and Lighter Colors/Shades end up on top...Any Ideas as too why it happening? Because its getting annoying haveing to make a new layer...for just a line or 2....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/26/2007 23:47:10   
lil boi blue

im kinda confused...you mean like background color? if thats the case then click on the canvas, on the bottom screen where the tab is for properties, there should be a fill color titled "background". or is this for a picture itself

if you can give me a pic orsomething
AQ DF  Post #: 4
2/26/2007 23:48:17   
Nickwright
Creative!

Nah...Like I draw a Dark Red Line...then a Light Red/Green Couple of lines...then when I draw Another Dark Red Line(Same color on the same layer) it gets put under the Lighter Color...I could but the pic wouldn't help >.>
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
2/26/2007 23:58:19   
EragonZZZZ

I can be an actionscript tutor for more advanced actionscript, like shop systems with .sol files, walkaround engines, collision formulas, and the like.

If ya want some examples of what I do before having me on board, thats fine. Just say so ^^

and to possibly help NickWright:

Are the lines you are drawing set to become objects as soon as you finish drawing (ie, is there a blue or whatever color box around them when you lift the pen)?
Because move to front/back only works for objects. On the other hand, when lines are objects they don't 'link up', so its your call.
AQ  Post #: 6
2/27/2007 0:00:55   
lil boi blue

thats weird, it must be either a bug, a function without an option to change that setting, or a contrast setting to always have lights against darks. in either way i can't find a way to turn it off

another solution you could try would be by

1) click line tool button

2) go to properties tab on bottom of screen and press the "cap:" button, next to the custom button.

3) change it to either none or square

other than that i think you found a bug lol. i'll keep looking though

hehe you can change the darker lines to graphic symbols but then it might get a little messy

yea eragon you can help with actionscript, this isn't just an "ask blue "what do i do!?" scenarios" thread its if anyone that knows good flash wants to help they can

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 2/27/2007 0:03:49 >
AQ DF  Post #: 7
2/27/2007 17:22:26   
flsg

hi LBB you're back! lol
are you learning as 3.0 now?

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 8
2/27/2007 17:35:01   
VampireHSS

Glad you brought this back. I won't stick it because there aren't as many flash users as there used to be.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
2/27/2007 19:01:19   
lil boi blue

dont worry about stickying it vampirehss, if there are a lot of flash users then the thread would hopefully stay on the front page lol.

flsg i still dont even know 2.0 hehe. i mean i know some coding but not a ton
AQ DF  Post #: 10
2/27/2007 19:25:59   
The One To Rule

Lol sweet this will help me :)
AQ  Post #: 11
2/27/2007 22:05:54   
EragonZZZZ

flsg, I'm going 3.0 eventually...but there's really no point in re-learning a language that hasn't come out completely yet for a program I cannot afford yet, so stick with AS 2.0 questions with me for now. XD.

Although I hear 3.0 is supposed to be teh uber >.>
AQ  Post #: 12
2/28/2007 16:57:32   
petermaxo

Does anyone know how to dynamicly create movie clips?
AQ DF  Post #: 13
2/28/2007 18:16:05   
EragonZZZZ

If you mean create them at runtime, then yes.

1. Draw your thingy and convert it to a symbol (select > press F8)

2. Right click the symbol in the Library and select Linkage

3. Check the box, "Export for Actionscript". It's okay if other boxes check too, but you don't need to.

4. The "Instance Name" field is how you will refer to it in your code. Change it as desired.

5. On the first frame of the timeline, type this code:

Target.attachMovie("MovieName", "InstanceName", Depth, {_x:0,_y:0})

What this does:
Target: The movie clip (or _root) that you wish to attach the movie to.
-Movie Name: Quotes required unless a variable. The "Instance name" (remember, whatever you changed it to) of the clip you want to attach
-Instance Name: Quotes required if not a variable. The new name of the movie clip you will attach (what you will refer to it as later on in code) Can be anything.
-Depth: Depth for the new movie clip.
-_x,_y: Optional. Position for new clip. Default is the upper right corner of Target

Hope this helped!
AQ  Post #: 14
3/1/2007 18:45:06   
somebody621

A little info on AS3.

Actionscript is fully developed, and you can code it in either flashdevelop or flex 2. The flash 9 alpha also uses actionscript 3.

It runs up to 10 times faster, and is much more object oriented. However, rendering is slower than previous versions.

This makes it much more like more "professional" codes like C++ or Java. However, it is somewhat harder to just prototype something.

One complaint about AS3 is the learning curve. Because it is more OOP, it is harder to learn, unless you have programmed before in Java or C++.
Post #: 15
3/1/2007 18:50:05   
EragonZZZZ

Thanks for the info...but its not gonna be as hard as you make out....

AS 2.0 is very OOP...just very few people actually code that way (I'm one of those few)...

And by rendering, do you mean updating the stage?
AQ  Post #: 16
3/1/2007 19:52:05   
petermaxo

Thanks, Eragon.
AQ DF  Post #: 17
3/3/2007 18:39:06   
Brontus

How do i make a see through weapon or anything?
AQ DF  Post #: 18
3/3/2007 19:13:11   
lil boi blue

1. make 2 layers

2. on the lowest layer (probably layer 1) make a box with color of choice besides black/white (just so you can tell its transparent)

3. on the upper layer (probably layer 2) make your weapon

4. when done making your weapon press shift + F9 to open the color mixer (or go to WINDOWS and just manually open COLOR SWATCH/ MIXER doesn't matter which one)

5. with the free transform tool select parts of the weapon that have the same color i.e. if the handle is blue only select blues the same shade or you will end up with a single colored weapon

6. in the color mixer window change the alpha from 100 to whatever percentage you want visible.

7. repeat 5 and 6 to any additional colors on your weapon/person
AQ DF  Post #: 19
3/9/2007 18:22:34   
lil boi blue

i have an actionscript question, so im trying to make a game where when you press down, he ducks and stays ducked. i have the onClilpEvent(load){ if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN);} {gotoAndStop("duck")}} looked something like that but when i test the game it doesn't do anything, what it looks like is 1 frame with a movieclip, in the movie clip (double clicked to editing screen) it has two frames, 1 = stand 2 = duck
AQ DF  Post #: 20
3/9/2007 18:34:35   
flsg

why did you put load? You should put enterframe, since this event let you check the code everyone frame, unlike load, which check your code once: when te mc is loaded into the movie

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 21
3/9/2007 18:36:04   
EragonZZZZ

Switch "load" with "enterframe"

You're only running that script once, when the movie clip loads.

EDIT: Darn you flsg
AQ  Post #: 22
3/9/2007 19:11:36   
relykswalton

Are the blue one on a to-do list,or is there just not any links to them?
AQ  Post #: 23
3/9/2007 19:15:10   
lil boi blue

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
{ if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN));}
{gotoAndStop("duck")}} 

there is the exact script, and the movie clip still doesn't budge when i press down. also i have a movie clip on the the screen with only ONE frame in the timeline, on the movieclips timeline (when you enter edit mode) then there is stand and there is duck.

EDIT: the dark blue titles are links, they are like chapters and the bright blue what's in them. if you press on a link it brings you to my last flash thread right? the title of all the posts are with the dark blue titles.

dark blue text = titles of posts
bright blue text = actual tutorials/faq/wtv

< Message edited by lil boi blue -- 3/9/2007 19:20:21 >
AQ DF  Post #: 24
3/9/2007 20:44:27   
flsg

you have too much {}, also, you need to say what clip needs to do the gotoAndStop, so you need this.gotoAndStop()

onClipEvent(enterFrame){
if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN)){
this.gotoAndStop("duck")
}
}

< Message edited by flsg -- 3/9/2007 20:45:34 >
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> Flash Q&A thread 3
Page 1 of 1612345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition