Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A thread 3

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 3
Page 15 of 16«<1213141516>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/1/2007 22:10:37   
petermaxo

quote:

ORIGINAL: flsg

petermaxo: lol, there's at least 10 ways(I think)
just name the monsters with the same name of the frame label:
_root.monstersMC.gotoAndStop(monsterName)
or, set a number in the variable name:
_root.monstersMC.gotoAndStop("monster"+monsterIDNumber)
or, the best way(the one AQ and DF uses and my bubble's adventure uses) is to load the external swf movie into the main movie(get the monster's name in the database, then check for the same name of swf)

first, your first option is basically the same as mine, except it taakes longer as you need to rename all the frames. second, for your last option, I do not currently have a working server that I know how to code, so I can't work with it. third, I am not sure I really understand your second optioin. can you explain it a bit more?
AQ DF  Post #: 351
8/1/2007 22:47:50   
flsg

petermaxo: NO.WAY, my first operation doesn't need any conditionals, so how is that longer?
second, you DON'T need a server for swf-swf things, third, I'll explain later(don't have time)

My flash gallery
my game thread

flsg, proud old member of AQ(still playing :O)
AQ  Post #: 352
8/2/2007 0:04:29   
EragonZZZZ

Wait...if you host something on, say, imageshack, it can't load things that are stored on your computer because it cannot find the directory.

You need some sort of host.
AQ  Post #: 353
8/2/2007 3:55:33   
swenn

quote:

ORIGINAL: flsg

swenn:after fireing once, Bulletshot become true, and in your if statement, you command it to shoot only if Bulletshot is false...
plus, did you check that you have a MC with the linkage name "bullet"?
plus, EVEN if you correct what I tell you, your bullet always uses the same depth 8, and since one depth can only have one thing, you previous bullet will dissapear if you shoot again(which attach the movie and assign it the depth 8 and erase the previous bullet)

Yes, but I think I want to have that.. thats why I made that variable.. I only need it to define if the bullet is out of the creen and then remove it.The linkage name is the problem I guess.But is there a way to solve the depth?(cause there are more weapons, and some with multi fire)
AQ MQ  Post #: 354
8/2/2007 9:59:27   
flsg

EragonZZZZ: does refering to a URL swf work? like loadMovie("imageshack/blabla139.swf",_root)
swenn: use _root.getNextHighestDepth() instead of 8
AQ  Post #: 355
8/2/2007 10:39:24   
petermaxo

flsg: Oh, I understand your first option now. Thanks.
AQ DF  Post #: 356
8/2/2007 10:46:44   
flsg

petermaxo: np
I know this isn't probably the right place for it, but could anyone look at my gallery and tell me which effect is cooler: big 100k mouse follow or flashy lines 2?
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=10507412
AQ  Post #: 357
8/2/2007 16:51:20   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

can sum1 pl help me with a kinda maplestoryish kinda game??? my friend is obsessed with that game and says he will pay me $100 i make him 1!!! then i can afford to buy flash basic!!! w00t!!! finally!!! BUT I NEED HELP......:(

Sig deleted.
Post sig only once per page.
Post #: 358
8/2/2007 18:42:45   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

flsg: o and probably100k thingy :)
nice gallery!!!(u rock!)!!!! m favorite is the mini shooting thingy XD

< Message edited by SirSchmoopy -- 8/2/2007 18:43:33 >

Sig deleted.
Post #: 359
8/2/2007 18:57:17   
dominic_r_monroe

Anyone Gonna be a good teacher just needing Flash Basics Teacher Eragon(illummiator?) flsg .. anyone
AQ  Post #: 360
8/2/2007 21:22:13   
petermaxo

usually 100k, but in some cases the flashy 2.
AQ DF  Post #: 361
8/2/2007 22:22:53   
EragonZZZZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirSchmoopy

can sum1 pl help me with a kinda maplestoryish kinda game??? my friend is obsessed with that game and says he will pay me $100 i make him 1!!! then i can afford to buy flash basic!!! w00t!!! finally!!! BUT I NEED HELP......:(

okay, excuse me for a second.

LOL! OMG LOL! LOL! LAWLS!

Sorry.
So, number one. You do realize how long that will take, right? Lets just say by the time you finish, you'll have made more money doing chores and random mowing of lawns.
Number two, I doubt he'll actually pay you to make him one when there are so many things like that online already that cost a lot less.

However, I would be glad to help out both you and dominic.
Both of you tell me just how much experience with AS you have.

flsg, feel free to help. :P
AQ  Post #: 362
8/3/2007 3:16:44   
dominic_r_monroe

I have none XD made ssome (rubbish) flash

< Message edited by dominic_r_monroe -- 8/3/2007 7:10:53 >
AQ  Post #: 363
8/3/2007 3:53:03   
swenn

Alrihg thanks.. But how can I make that the bullet flys toward the direction that the MC is facing?THis just keeps it circling around.And also, how does the hittest code work?Do I need to use linkage names?
AQ MQ  Post #: 364
8/3/2007 7:09:23   
dominic_r_monroe

quote:

onClipEvent(mouseDown){if(hitTest(_root._xmouse,_root._ymouse,true)){goforit="yes";}}
onClipEvent(enterFrame){if(goforit == "yes"){_x -= (_x-_root._xmouse)/6;_y-=(_y-_root._ymouse)/6;}}
|
|

I do have some stuff to make the magnifying glass wid the mask thingamg trick

Thats my current code for a magnyfying glass but i want it on click to activate

Then i can show my tags better haha .. good idea dominic.. I also Need to be able to skip to other images from an open up tab on the right mouse over

< Message edited by dominic_r_monroe -- 8/3/2007 16:43:59 >
AQ  Post #: 365
8/3/2007 7:10:53   
Nicky

quote:

Nicky: to use the action panel, go to window-action XD lol
and put a stop() function at the third frame. When you press to button, use gotoAndPlay(startingframe)
the startingframe is 1 in your case

Thanks flsg, ^.^.

Yeah, thats right, it's Window -> Action... I knew that.. Really, I did.
I was just testing you ><

Ahkay, that sounds about right.
Thanks again mate :)
AQ DF  Post #: 366
8/3/2007 7:38:06   
EragonZZZZ

@ flsg..yeah, i've tested that, and it works.

Imageshack can host all your .swf files, actually, with the only downside being the possibility of broken links and unchangeable files.
AQ  Post #: 367
8/3/2007 8:03:02   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

quote:

ORIGINAL: EragonZZZZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirSchmoopy

okay, excuse me for a second.

LOL! OMG LOL! LOL! LAWLS!

Sorry.
So, number one. You do realize how long that will take, right? Lets just say by the time you finish, you'll have made more money doing chores and random mowing of lawns.
Number two, I doubt he'll actually pay you to make him one when there are so many things like that online already that cost a lot less.

However, I would be glad to help out both you and dominic.
Both of you tell me just how much experience with AS you have.

flsg, feel free to help. :P

not EXCACTLY like MS....
just a single plyer version, thats not even close to advance, also, im trying to make it so it makes sense, so, unlike MS, its not retarted. Also, i dont get allowence or anything, and i cant get jobs or anything, like mowing lawns. i get it frum my birthday, and as u all kno, that was 2 months go :(.

< Message edited by SirSchmoopy -- 8/3/2007 9:05:48 >

Sig deleted.
Post #: 368
8/3/2007 14:42:52   
petermaxo

for some reason, this code won't work.

if (random(_global.block) <= random(_global.ebonus)){ //test for hit
_global.eattack = (_global.emin + random(_global.ebonus) - _global.defense) //set damage
disp_txt.text = _global.eattack //display damage
_global.ehealth -= _global.eattack //reduce health
}else{
disp_txt.text = "miss" //display miss
}

the damage is set, but health isn't reduced and I have suspisions that damage refuses to equal anything but 3.
AQ DF  Post #: 369
8/3/2007 16:24:46   
EragonZZZZ

*coughs*

any game along that line is close to if not entirely advanced.
Or, at least, the way I make 'em is.

First you gotta get ideas for what you want to achieve. Specific ones, to a point.
Then you figure out how you can achieve that with AS
Then (I do this, not everyone does) you create a bunch of test game engines (some OOP, some not) that do what you wanted to achieve in step 1
You debug and attempt to optimize them all
And THEN you meld them (this takes a while) into a single, smooth main game engine thing.
NOW we do graphics and animation.
And then we go back and optimize.
and then we continue.
AQ  Post #: 370
8/3/2007 18:17:30   
flsg

petermaxo: what is ehealth. unless you used watch() on this variable, how can you show that the variable has decreased on the screen?

eragon: it's nice to see someone who really cares about good programming lol, check my method:
think for about one month on what I'm going to do, the structure of the code, etc XD
write it on paper, set the structure
do every part, test 9999 times, debug, optimize a little
put everything together
lauch the beta version of my work
correct 9999 times

lol XD

AQ  Post #: 371
8/4/2007 8:26:56   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

I dont need help THAT much i just need to figure out battle system and then im good to go, ialredy made 75 levels (as in places to jump around randomly :) ) so once i figure tht out, im redy
o and heres a lil animation i made, it took me an hour and a half so u bettr like it!!! lol
http://img92.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firevsicetq8.swf

Sig deleted.
Post #: 372
8/4/2007 13:39:04   
petermaxo

I'd better explain the whole thing. for my battle system, I have 3 scenes- attack, defend, and battle. In battle, the enemy and you are just sitting there and all the buttons, health bar, etc. are shown. When you press the attack button, you go to the attack scene, and the health and buttons etc. vanish, leaving only you showing your attack animation and the enemie's 'hit' animation. Also, a dynamic text box displays the amount of damage done (_global.attack for your attacks, _global.eattack for enemy attacks.) when you get back to the battle scene, the health bar should show that health has been lost, but it hasn't shown that in any of my tests, and _global.attack and _global.eattack are always equal to three, and attacks always hit (although they are not supposed to).

Also, can someone explain how to include variables in the loadMovie function?

< Message edited by petermaxo -- 8/4/2007 14:58:32 >
AQ DF  Post #: 373
8/5/2007 8:01:57   
SirSchmoopy
Banned Multi

quote:

ORIGINAL: petermaxo

Also, can someone explain how to include variables in the loadMovie function?

I kno lots about varibles, but culd u say the question gain in diff way cu i dont understand...

Sig deleted.
Post #: 374
8/5/2007 10:08:15   
petermaxo

for the 'loadMovie' function, you can load a movie with variables. The syntax is supposed to be:

......... loadMovie("name", target, level [, variables]), but I don't think I am doing it right.
AQ DF  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 14 [15] 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A thread 3
Page 15 of 16«<1213141516>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition