Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
Page 25 of 28«<2324252627>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/25/2011 12:45:33   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

The description of the Gumn Suit in AQ says that Gumn "gets everywhere"-- not unlike sand, according to Anakin Skywalker.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 601
3/25/2011 18:09:04   
Zork Knight

In MechQuest mission "Haunted Shuttle", the Machine Ghost enemy is a reference to Pac-Man ghosts (Blinky, Pinky, Inky and Clyde) and the dialogue between the two ghosts is a reference to the movie Poltergeist.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 602
3/30/2011 9:07:00   
Xyl

Not sure if its been posted before but the void caster's face from aqw looks a lot like the mascot of the band disturbed.
AQ AQW  Post #: 603
4/4/2011 9:25:20   
steel blade

Bargok from DF's April 1 Hourly Release is surely to be a reference of Barney. Ghost began singing its theme song sometime in his Twitter.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 604
4/4/2011 9:52:35   
Ghost
BOO-m

+1 cookie for steel blade. :P
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 605
4/4/2011 10:24:16   
steel blade

Cookie? WOOHOO! Epic guess!
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 606
4/9/2011 3:12:28   
Tiago X

It wasn't in the game, but in Cysero's DN's. THIS IS WAR and BRAVE NEW SOCK are a reference to 30 Seconds to Mars song, This is War. Oddly, I listened to that song like 2 mins before chekin' the DN's.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 607
4/9/2011 14:50:00   
Zork Knight

I THINK, I THINK that the name of the new AQW Merge Shop, "The Shop of Horrors" might be a reference to the movie "Little Shop of Horrors".
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 608
4/9/2011 18:04:11   
Tiago X

^You know so much about terror movies.
Pow parae, me assusta cara.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 609
4/15/2011 14:38:03   
Stelios

The Nibiru Scythe weapon and also the area that it is found in, in AQW is possibly a reference to the Nibiru collision, which is a reknowned Doomsday theory. It depicts a blue planet about the size of Mars crashing into Earth and destroying everything.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 610
4/22/2011 1:34:33   
ChaosKnightOfFear

Isn't it obvious

Jay sun = Jason Vorhees

Sporkion = Mortal Kombat Scorpion

Absolute Zero = Mortal Kombat Sub Zero

Twiggy Krueger = Freddie Krueger

Blue Hedgehog = Sonic The Hedgehog

Ultra Man = Mega Man

Orc Plumber = Mario

Insomniac Beuty = Sleeping Beuty x_x Why a girl spoof no offence

And A Lot More

< Message edited by ChaosKnightOfFear -- 4/22/2011 5:08:30 >
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 611
4/24/2011 19:34:49   
Spiritweaver

Not Sure if it's been mentioned
But in the prison map of AQW, "Do it to Julia" said by a guy holding a rat.
Serious AE, why did it have to be 1984? WHY?
That book is great fun to do an assignment on *sarcasm*
Ok.
I''m done.
Hava a nice day

MusicBox - My Music
AQW  Post #: 612
4/25/2011 3:24:53   
Verethragna
Friendly
Conversationalist

Just played through the most recent Bizzare Flecks boss fight in AQ, and this one stuck out to me like a sore thumb.

Dhows = Randall Flagg
AQ DF  Post #: 613
4/25/2011 18:28:02   
Cyber master

I think I spotted spoof of ae game from tv show
Well there what come new season for new Scooby(if I did miss spell it) show one villains to come look like Xan
I swear to god it did
so yeah
Post #: 614
4/29/2011 21:17:13   
AxelMechRaven

For DragonFable: Sepulchure has a line: "He chose rather poorly..."
Is that a reference to Indiana Jones, when the crusaders comments on how the bad guy chose the wrong cup?

quote:

Insomniac Beuty = Sleeping Beuty x_x Why a girl spoof no offence

1. Beauty.
2. Why a guy spoof?
3. You recognized the girl spoof. Case closed.

quote:

The Godfather of Soul is either Don Vito Corleone, Don Micheal Corleone, or Elvis Presly

Try James Brown, whose nickname happens to be The Godfather of Soul, and the character was given his exact looks.
Elvis is the King of Rock, the Corleones aren't even musicians, but I see where the term Godfather would come from, haha.

There's starting to be a lot more repeats of stuff. -_- I makes this thread repetitive to read. I need to go parody hunting again.

Since these are AQ, idk if anyone posted these yet. Inside of Pae (the Gecko), you can find the remains of a "small wooden puppet."
Grim Pinocchio reference, anyone?

< Message edited by AxelMechRaven -- 4/29/2011 21:54:18 >
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 615
5/13/2011 3:09:28   
forro1010

I konw the area is rare again, but 'Captain Lore' made me INSTANTLY think of Captain Planet as soon as i saw 'Elemental Orbs' cape and when you finish all the quests, 'The power is yours and everyone elses!'

< Message edited by forro1010 -- 5/13/2011 3:10:26 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 616
5/13/2011 8:24:57   
BlackAces

This is a pretty late post but back during Grenwog in AQ they released a quest called the Bun Rangers. It was a parody of Captain Planet, Power Rangers and Lord Barrius pointed out that he also included a reference to Sailor Moon in his quest.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 617
5/13/2011 23:59:45   
DarkLore

Horrible Doctor from HeroSmash. A reference to the movie Doctor Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

< Message edited by Petey Piranha Plant -- 5/14/2011 1:09:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 618
5/15/2011 19:27:01   
Starwarsfanatic

In AQW Friday The 13th Event, "Theres gold in them thar hulls!". A reference to the gold rush where a miner said "There's gold in them thar hills."
Post #: 619
5/18/2011 11:45:12   
Travis Touchdown
Reality Touchdown!

In the new AQ quest, Emerge from Shadow, there's a blatant Star Fox 64 reference in the dialogue with the Pied Burper. The Burper's first line is a near perfect copy of the scene where Star Wolf shows up.

< Message edited by Travis Touchdown -- 5/18/2011 11:48:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 620
7/4/2011 16:05:56   
Denolth
Sailing

Haha, I've just noticed a great reference! The three new quests in AQW found in Necro U, given by Professor Bonevert, are called:
  • Knee Bone's Connected to the Thigh Bone
  • Hip Bone's Connected to the Back Bone
  • Back Bone's Connected to the Neck Bone

They're all Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge references! When Guybrush dies, his parents show up and start singing that song. It's actually the key to a puzzle later in the game, within LeChuck's Fortress.

That's one of the best references I've ever seen. Keep up the good work!
  • AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 621
    7/12/2011 20:06:08   
    Edgemaster Scion
    Constructive!

Quite a broad thing, but there is a reference to Ice Nine in AQ. Those of you hating your current ice spell may recognize what I'm referring to.
    AQ DF Epic  Post #: 622
    7/13/2011 0:05:29   
    king julian

The cut scene in AQW new war in a parody of star wars episode 5 i think when they are in jabba the huts palace
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 623
    7/20/2011 4:59:37   
    Crystal Lion

Doesn't Demolicious' costume remind anyone of Psylocke's leotard? Especially the red belt and the color scheme?

Sent away to a leper colony like everyone who once loved Herosmash.
    Post #: 624
    7/23/2011 21:22:17   
    Kito Domi

In DragonFable, the ninja village is called Shadow of the Wind Village.

Shadow of the Wind is the spanish best selling novel by Carlos Ruiz Zafon, and my all-time personal favorite book.

I wonder if AE got the name for the village from the book title. I'm sure they're all very well read.

DF AQW  Post #: 625
    Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> Artix Entertainment General Discussion >> RE: =AE= Spotted a Parody or Spoof in our Games Post it Here
    Page 25 of 28«<2324252627>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition