Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

[PS+IR] Sprite Animation Tutorial

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [PS+IR] Sprite Animation Tutorial
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
8/20/2007 17:33:54   
Kitsukaru

Been getting a few messages on how to animate .gif sprites' so I'll
post this here.

PS = PhotoShop
IR = ImageReady

[ PLEASE READ ]
NOTE: If your using ImageReady please understand that it is different from Photoshop, it has different controls and different functions. If you want to follow the instructions properly please use photoshop. But you will need ImageReady when exporting, saving or optimising your animation
Also note that if you are using Photoshop CS3 (Extended), you will not need ImageReady' because CS3 has most ImageReady
functions..

Your animation outcome depends on the program that you use. If your using Gimp, i couldn't help you' due to very little experience, but on the other hand if your using photoshop i can help you.
Firstly, you'll need to find a site in which you can upload and seperate .Gif frames. I reccomend Chestysoft.

Most sprites have a very small amount of frames, which is good' but sometimes they don't, obviously a bad thing for you because you have more frames to work with. What Chestysoft does is extract / seperate the frames from the .gif file, giving you "easy access"

EXAMPLE:

- After uploading your images, you'll need to import each frame into photoshop. You can either save them all to your computer or simply drag and drop into photoshop.
- Go to WindowsAnimation. A window will appear (normally at the bottom).
- Navigate to the first frame and change the mode to RGB by going to ImageModeRGB Color [ IMAGE ] (do this for all your frames).

- Now import all frames onto one canvas in order 1 2 3 .... (it would help if you named the layers e.g. frame1 frame2 etc... [ IMAGE ]

Animation
- Navigate to the Animation window you recently opened
- The first thing you need to do is hide all frames in your layer palette except your first (frame1).
- Click this button to add new. Now hide all frames in your layer palette except your second (frame2)
- Again this button ^ to add new. Then hide all frames except your third (frame3) depending on how many layers you have.
- Do this for all your frames and click play to your animation.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+M to transport your animation into ImageReady, optimise it then export it.

If you have any problems, do not PM me; post your problems on this thread.
This way' others can give their opinions as well.

DF  Post #: 1
8/20/2007 17:40:31   
Talinos

I'm not sure if this is OK here but for those without either programs you can animate at http://www.iconator.com/animator.php
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> [PS+IR] Sprite Animation Tutorial
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition