Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2009 19:22:48   
Roxas

Example 1

Example 2

Image 1 The main thing that caught my eye in this piece was the neck of the guitar. The highlight on it makes it the focus point of the artwork, and the shine beside the girl's shoulder and the reflection below the neck both travel in the same direction as the neck, creating the flow of the artwork. The multicolored pieces of confetti do not go with the compostion of the artwork in my opinion. Other than that, i can not find anything wrong with this signature.

Image 2 The first thing that needs to be done is remove the sparks going towards the girl, because they do not fit with the rest of the sig. The left side of the background should be changed to red or pink instead of orange. The highlights on the girl's lips, cheeks, are just right, but the highlight on her forehead is to bright. That highlight needs to be removed or reduced.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/23/2009 5:27:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 701
1/21/2009 0:30:34   
tflo
A True Hunter

Image 1

Image 2

Image 1 The eagle is a common symbol everywhere. In this picture, the eagle represents dominance and strength. It is in a position as if it is about to attack it's prey. After seeing the eagle, i noticed the writing off to the side and then my attention was immediately brought back to the eagle. In this picture, the eagle represents dominance as it dominates the picture.

Image 2The first thing I noticed in this picture was the guitar. It brings the whole picture together. This guitar picture represents serenity and peace. The girl playing it looks content and as though she has found herself and appears to be in a calm, trance-like state.

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. Hint: Try adding more.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/23/2009 5:27:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 702
1/21/2009 1:03:59   
The True Assassin

image 1
image 2

Eagle
The eagle stands out agains the dull back ground, but the text needs to be more eye cathing because the picure of the eagle is a bit unclear as it has a helet, but it has smooth lines which is a bonus. The lighting though is a bit dull and it needs bold colours to define the shapes. It maybe could be out lined darker so the viewer can easily see the outline, this would engage the views attension. But over all the image is well drawn and does not need much improvement.

Ship (alternate image)
The ship is bold as it have block colours but it is a bit too harsh on the eye, it needs the browns shaded or tones down. It is really good because it is in 3d but with the characters it is hard to know what they are doing because they are so small, I would recomend a close up. I like the shadind on the sails, that is a good feature. The lines dont shade in with the colours, i recomend making the black lines less harsh and add more curved lines. The characters need to be bigger and need to be outlined better so the viewer can easily recognise the picture.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/23/2009 5:25:08 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 703
1/21/2009 20:05:44   
ashes

Image one

Image Two

Guitar: The combination of the render into the background is very well done for the most part. The lighting behind his head shining on his hair helps blend the two images however the area around the nose is especially rough and could use some cleaning. I would recommend a more thorough job with the pen tool or a higher quality image format. Another thing I noticed that slightly bothers me is the invisible strings going on with that guitar. It may not matter, but to me it just looks awkward. I imagine this is due to the brightness around it. Very enjoyable signature overall.

Alternate Image - Robot Very impressive style, and an especially good layout of weapons. All this image really needs is some touching up. In order to most properly exhibit this I would start off by completely erasing all of those fainted lines. I'm assuming these were mistakes gone over with an eraser which is great, but you need to really work at it to get rid of them. Once you have accomplished this I would go over everything with a sharpie or some dark lining to make the image appear more solid. Something about the dark edges really helps a pictures depth. Also the lines in the cockpit would be best if they were not present. They don't seem to resemble any kind of figure so they come off as rather strange. Your on your way to becoming a great artist, just brush up on the little things.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/23/2009 5:25:20 >
AQ  Post #: 704
1/22/2009 16:16:40   
HeroBlade

1. http://heroblade-aokiryuu.deviantart.com/art/Submitting-Swords-110345917

2. http://heroblade-aokiryuu.deviantart.com/art/The-Venom-Draco-110344975

The description is in the Artist's Comments.

1. The first sword is a bit crazy. One side of the sword has a curved edge but on the other side it has like spikes bursting out like bees coming out of the hive just to sting one person. Also the guard of the blade has a bird like face on it so that all avians shall fear this sword. The sword in the middle is just the recreated version of the sword of the amulet in a cooler deadlier way. The claw of the blade is on the handle and only the handle and the blade is like hanging off the handle. The eye on it means the dragon said in it's will that if it is about to die it wishes for it's body to make in to a weapon. The eye is the dragon's eye. Finally the last sword is a sword using the energy element it has a glowing bright aura that zaps water elementals. The steam coming out of the guard of the handle is just saying "You need to blow off some steam man!"

2. The Venom Draco is just a monster that I made up for the history of Lore saying that these creatures are the creatures before dragons were in lore. The chart i made of the baby and adult is just something like "Man I'm done with this but I think it needs something more" so then I added the adult and lines to point out the body part and what it does in very few words. I say the dracos are gone from Lore forever. The fur on the dracos help them get warn in the cold areas or in the hot regions they use it as a shield from arrows but then again the steel the men of lore make slash through the fur. The main reason why they are gone is because of the annoying Dragon Slayer Galanoth won't stop killing dracos.

Just wondering did I do extra? Also did I do something wrong? If I did any of the following just PM me what I did wrong.

all of these where hand drawn by me.

Not approved. Check the rules.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/23/2009 5:26:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 705
1/22/2009 20:19:40   
diva77677

Art 1
Art 2

CC

Image 1

Well, the first thing that caught my eye was the red eye which stands out in the green and white. I think though, the background clashes with the text. The brightness behind the text takes your eyes away from the text. Though the shadowing helps to get your eyes to the text, it doesn't helps so much. The grooves and scales look nice. The blending effect on the other hand is very good. The render and the background fit very well. Overall, nice sig.

Image 2

*Note: I don't know if I'm allowed to use this pic as well, or if I have to use 2 sigs. But, here goes

It seems it was used using Microsoft Paint, and I would have to say Good Job. It's detailed "correctly" in a cartoon-ish way. The dragon, which is almost curled up, shows timidity, which I don't know if you were going for, but it was achieved. The eye with the reflection compliments the dragon nicely.

Probably, the only 2 bad things I could find here was how the dragon doesn't have a background, and that the colors are a bit dark. If you look at the end of the tail, you can see that part of the orange-ish line is out of the outline. Other then that, good picture.

Approved

Thanks grafh.. and holy, I forgot to post my art! So sorry!

< Message edited by diva77677 -- 1/23/2009 17:39:35 >
DF  Post #: 706
1/23/2009 23:32:39   
Missionary

Images that I would like to post

My Art 1
My Art 2

Images that I'll Constructivly Critisize

1. http://www.azupload.com/displayImage.php/setid11273.png
2. http://www.azupload.com/displayImage.php/setid11272.png

Constructive Critisism below

1.The colors tend to blend well in this image, from hot colors in the area of attention in the left working it's way to cooler temprature colors towards the right of the picture. With the Jaggedness or Ruggedness of the clash of colors the text fits well. The women in this picture seems as if dazed or awwed by something and that gives the picture a sort of mystery; What is it that could be all of the emphasis over, It makes you think. Those are a few of the things I like about the picture.
On the other hand, well, I can't see anything that says uugh to me. The picture is nicely blended and I see nothing wrong.

2.Well I would have to say this is like nothing I've seen before, the eagle looks as if something from science fiction with a pretty cool looking head. The stitch work on the side of the eagles neck looks authentic and realistic ( Thumbs up ). I would also like to point out that the addition of the purple hue ( however you say it ) upon the wings give a nice effect and emphasis on the Phrase "Death from Above". I usually incorporate darker colors with Death and darkness and this picture incorporates that in well.
On the other hand, the lower jaw of the eagle seems to have a flaw. It seems as if the lower jaw doesn't naturally flow in with the natural movement of the jaw. I my opinion, I would move the jaw tighter into the upper jaw until the jutt at the base of the lower jaw was solved.

P.S.
I've been trying countless times to get an acceptable application form posted but have been expeirencing technical difficulties previously, I hope that this doesn't effect my application.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/24/2009 14:24:50 >
Post #: 707
1/24/2009 12:28:00   
EliteZeon

1. Forms of Art to be posted-
http://elitezeon.deviantart.com/art/Ready-for-Battle-104807131
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa4/EliteZeon/scan-5.jpg

2. Constructive Criticism
Alt Image 1- Dragon
A miraculous piece! The details of this dragon is just simply amazing. One can easily tell the artist has taken his or her time with the picture. The shading and textures have been mastered in this picture, however, that also pulls a slight downside. To me, at the least, due to the nature of the textures and shading, the picture has my eyes glancing everywhere, with no true fixed point. There isn't any specific area to concentrate on, my eyes constantly move around through the image. Maybe if the artist actually gave less shading and textures, my eyes could concentrate on a fixed point more. Unless of course the aim of the picture was to view the entire image with the constant movement, then leave it as is.

As for the Dentist-Doctor, like person in the picture, I don't find much of a liking to it. While the man does give off some humor, I don't find him necessary to be in the picture, other than to scale the size of the Dragon. But I have noticed it was drawn lightly, for the easier way to erase the part. Perhaps the artist was saying to the viewer to not think too much of the area, as the person is just for the scaling.

Alt Image 2- Boat
Looks like this image was done on MS Paint, or something similar. The colors of this boat are constant, and to me, the boat gives off a little of an emotionless feeling. When I had first glanced at this piece, my eyes were drawn to the character and the target next to the character, due to the completely different colors in compared to the boat, and being in the middle of the image. The other characters on this boat also stick out completely due to the differences in color, that seems to be what the image perhaps wishes the viewer to focus on. The shading on this image has been placed down simple, but effectively. I can't find much way to improve this, but perhaps more detail and color on the ship may help the appeal.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/24/2009 14:25:08 >
MQ  Post #: 708
1/26/2009 16:15:53   
~Quick_Silver~

I like making signatures, here I two I have made

Just for examples

(Please do not use these signatures made by me for other people, these sigs I have made for people)

1:

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo281/Silver_Guardian_David/Project1-2.gif

2:
Signature I made for myself in a different forum not AE's Forums

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo281/Silver_Guardian_David/Project2.jpg

Constructive Criticism

Image 1:

I believe the first image looks amazing, the innocence of her face, really just gives the well feeling of warmth in the tone. The colors really warm gives me shivers down my spine, the background is a nice touch and adds to the feeling of the picture. And with said that the pet in her arms gives her a look of a kind and gentle person also with her staring at you or me at the screen just makes me personal y feel like she jumps out of the picture it just an awesome picture

Image:2

I think this picture as well is wonderfull, the Colors blend in with the rain giving it as the entire picture just blends, the name for it as well goes well with the picture. She looks free, free from her troubles is the vibe I get from this picture. In the rain she stands cleansing herself from the troubles of life, it looks great has a good tone I give it an A+ but at the same time her face looks untouched maybe a little blemish would make her look more realistic rather than just a cyber picture. I think that would be a nice touch but overall great picture.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/28/2009 17:17:29 >
Post #: 709
1/28/2009 21:43:09   
Voltron

I enjoy signatures, and might make more for other forum members and also display my work.
Here are two signatures I have made:

Signature #1
Signature #2

Constructive Criticism:

Image 1: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/mystery.jpg?0.55117000%201233195955

I believe that this image is very attractive to the eye, the image is bright but the contrast makes the picture very appealing. The font being in purple and the purple rose
match her hair very well, creating a contrast effect. The pink rose's in the background also blends well with the purple rose. Her eyes also add to the contrast of the picture.
The name "Mystery" fits her expression very well, she has the facial expression of someone that is mysterious with a great deal of things.
I think the green earring's do not really match the picture, but overall a very nice signature.

Image 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Disorder.jpg?0.52531300%201233196522

This signature has a great deal of vibrant color contrast, making a picture that catches the eyel. The dark red background matches the bright red effect on the guitar's neck very well.
Her white jacket also sets off the white neck of the guitar nicely. The bright color contrast also illuminates her and her white jacket as well.
I think the blue streaks on the left of the picture do not fit very well with the red color contrast of rest of the picture.
Also, the letter in the bottom right corner seems out of place and you can not see it very easily being dim on a dark background.
Overall, a well done signature that's vibrant artwork will catch anyone's attention.

Final Part:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 1/30/2009 23:19:55 >
MQ AQW  Post #: 710
1/31/2009 10:13:12   
Silver Phoenix

Artwork 1
Artwork 2

Constructive criticism
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Inspire.png?0.34417900%201233413710
This is a very nice abstract work. The way she fades into white smoke makes her seem ethereal and otherworldly. The colour scheme is also very nice, though monotony is held off by way of a bold white streak on her right. The pink-and-white theme is very interesting, and it suggests flowers and beauty the way it curls off into spirals. The small, unobtrusive words "Inspire" at the bottom right go very well with the rest of the picture, and gives a meaning to the display. One thing I would suggest doing to this picture is getting rid of the brownish colour around where pink and white meet. It doesn't clash, but it sort of makes the picture wispy and fragile.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/Disorder.jpg?0.33204600%201233414315
I like the way the "warm" scheme is transformed not into something warm and glowy, but a violent series of sharp, glowing reds around a slightly duller red, pockmarked with various oranges. It does indeed have a colour scheme, but the way the crimson is contrasted is amazing. It also brings out the girl in the white suit, holding the guitar against a red-and-black background. The way she holds the guitar indicates rebellion and discord, as does the red shine on the stalk of the guitar. One thing to change would be the Oriental symbols on the bottom right: they should be the same shade of bright red that the guitar stalk is. It would go well with the shimmering crimson streaks around the picture.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/1/2009 17:07:20 >
DF MQ  Post #: 711
1/31/2009 15:46:07   
Predatoree

Warlic The Blue Mage

Belrot The Fiend

The color is pretty catchy, because there is a lot of excellent light spots that really bring out the eagle, which is also amazing considering it takes up a fair amount of space. I think that the eagle should have his wings a little trimmed, as they already go off the image. The text is a little peaky and could use a bigger size but it's all OK. This overall is really good and catches my eye a lot.

The dragon is really well detailed and complex. Maybe more things can be added to it, like background, maybe even adding more dragon to it. Maybe there should be text related to something dragony like "Scorch" or "Blaze" and stuff like that, possible even adding a name to him/her. I think this piece is really good because of all the details and I just can't stop looking at it. This image is pretty amazing.

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help. Hint: Try adding more.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/1/2009 17:07:41 >
AQ  Post #: 712
2/1/2009 2:54:58   
Amsyaz

Art
Browning Hi-Power
Splatter

Constructive Criticism
Image 1
I like this sprite a lot, mainly because its very cute. It looks a lot like the characters in Dragon Fable, and I was fooled into thinking it was a cut-out done in paint with a black line added around it the first time I saw it. It's very detailed, the shading is nice. The sword however, needs a longer blade. The sword looks like its supposed to have something to do with darkness/evil(based on what I can see of the hilt), so I would make the armor darker and remove the horns, or recolor them. The horns could be a bit more roundish, but other than that, it looks good on her. Overall I would give this a 8.5/10.

Image 2
Hm, well I can't say I like it, can't say I hate it. First of all its shading is very nicely done, and it certainly doesn't lack in details. However, its horns are small compared to the head, its upper right(from the viewers point of view) fang looks a bit weird as it looks as if it is merged with the skin/lip, the blank space in between it and the first tooth in the upper right row makes it look like the upper right fang is curving sideways(to the left of the viewer). The human in the upper left and the speech made me smile a little, its a nice addition, but I think the picture would do better if the human had more details. The dragons body looks thin and small compared to the size of the head, the body also needs a bit more detail.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/1/2009 17:08:01 >
AQ  Post #: 713
2/3/2009 7:06:57   
.:Ryussei:.
Banned

Ok.

< Message edited by .:Ryussei:. -- 2/12/2009 18:13:22 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 714
2/3/2009 11:20:32   
Atriax

My Sig
RH2's Sig (Made by ME)

Constructive Crit:

The two different shades of green wrk well together, making the Gecko stand out, the eyes are the perfect colour too.
The Gecko is perfectly rendered, that slightly mischievous smile fits perfectly with the colour scheme.
The font used for the text is a good one, the transparency of the second half pushes the word "Pae" forwards.
I find your ability to show the Gecko over the text and background amazing, although I admit, I try to make viewers examine mine a bit harder. All together, I found it interesting, well done, and ever so slightly amusing. (Hard to imagine a ravenous Gecko, despite having played AQ!!)

I freely admit, I believe women to be overused in signatures, but I liked this one, the women stands out on the dark brown background, the white of her T-Shirt glaring through. The swirls are nice, but maybe a little long. The text "Inspire"
was well chosen, and the font matches the rather strange contrast of white/brown. I found myself looking at the top left hand corner, which is like a light source for this picture. Once again, I can't find anything I truly didn't like, as I said above, you have a talent for making things stand out. It's a nice, well done, rather relaxing picture, and despite what I said at the beginning, I found myself liking it.

3. The pact.

[EDIT] My CC is much better now.

Approved

Thanks!!

< Message edited by Atriax -- 2/10/2009 12:32:03 >
Post #: 715
2/5/2009 10:13:54   
irosimo

Part1:
picture1:edited by some program-hand drawn(n colored) / http://img22.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img013wu6.jpg
picture2: http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?image=12345pm3.jpg
Part2:
Alt Image 1:
dragon looks cool, but I cant say the same thing about the man...The man image could be better(a way better).Good tonning on dragon.i can see where does light come from in picture.I hope it will be better!
Alt Image 2:
Is it a spritesheet or did you made pixel work or somethin like that?If it is a sprite it is really great it looks like you have drawn it in paint and it looks same.But if you say that you really PAINTED it, you are awesome!
Part3:

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:15:47 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 716
2/5/2009 18:40:15   
Bioshock.

**** - game.

The picture isn't bad. I love the layers you've added. Anyways, the picture is good, but the purple with the brown is a little off. Maybe if you used different shades of brown, it would compliment the hawk much more.

It's interesting. The picture is blurred quite a bit, and in some areas it helps, but in other areas it just ruins the mix of colors of white and black (which leads me to the next discussion...). The black at the background is good, and the smokey form is a bit odd but it helps take away from the almost brighening white. Other than that, it is good.

Not approved. You need to work on your CC. Check out the link to Dep's thread on the first page if you need help.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:16:08 >
DF MQ  Post #: 717
2/5/2009 20:48:08   
desepture

Hand drawn armor for AQworlds
1. Chaos body - http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chaosbodyhb2.jpg
2. Chaos Gloves - http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chaosglovesvc6.jpg

Constructive critism

alt image 1

http://www.azupload.com/displayImage.php/setid11274.png

The image was very detailed, There could be a little less shading its a bit to dark. Theres a few flaws in the teeth. over all it just needs some more detail to it. They could have also took the time to erase the stary marks around the picture and in the blank parts of it. There could also be a little more detail to the dentist, but not too much I like the simpleness of it compared to the detail of the dragon.

alt image 2

http://www.azupload.com/displayImage.php/setid11275.png

This picture leaves quite a bit to be desired. for example the sails on the ship arn't attached to any string, wire, or robe. the ship itself is missing a lot of detail to it. its too blank doesnt seem right. I was dissapointed there was'nt any water under, near, or anywhere around the ship, which left it feeling very fake. as for the characters on the ship....well there not my style but they seem well put together, no complaints there.

[ Edited ] I improved my CC by a bit, I think its much better now. reconsider approval ?

< Message edited by desepture -- 2/11/2009 16:38:54 >
MQ  Post #: 718
2/6/2009 15:40:50   
entity 101

Dragon Warrior (hand drawn art 1)

Sea Serpent (old) (hand drawn art 2)

Constructive Criticism 1:

In this image, i would say that the highlights in the circular pattern, work very well with the black and pink custom text, also the dark blotches in the background help to try and meld the two main colours, but both clash with the distinctive gold, straight highlights that angle outwards from the female character. I would reccomend changing the gold to a colour that i find fits more with the word 'Desire' - such as a violet, or even a darker shade of purpleand possibly making the highlights more curved and les harsh. Though the girl's main clothing colours match, and flow nicely with the current background, her pink hairband looks slightly out of place, as it is not very relative to the other main colours in the signature, this i would say would definately look better as a shade of gold/purple, and would help to make this wonderful sig even better than it already is.

Constructive Criticism 2:

While this is a beautiful sig, i think that the water blur effect streching from the woman's white shirt on the left side is slightly too intense, and stays so for a few milimetres too far, while on the right side i think she needs a touch more blur effect around the exposed shoulder. Also, the horizontal space between the 'Inspire-Grafh' text and the woman's lower body looks a bit empty, and could use a little more of the cloud effect - seen in the top left hand corner - other than thise minor issues, i have to say; Well done!.

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:16:52 >
Post #: 719
2/6/2009 20:30:00   
Nartborrocks
Banned

1. my game site

2. [alt image 1] although the lines are shaded sort of deep i beleive the mech is a good picture, mostly because of the imagination it took to make those killer weps.

[alt image 2] the picture is small and i cant quite tell what it was.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:17:28 >
AQ DF  Post #: 720
2/6/2009 20:58:55   
SwordPrince

1: http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii404/swordprince/kl.jpg http://i550.photobucket.com/albums/ii404/swordprince/ooo.jpg
2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA Images/Branch.jpg?0.08734400 1233971385-its good i like the light but it would be nicer with a lighter tone and the background would be interesting with a dakend tone. http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA Images/Morning-Dancer.png?0.31783600 1233971602-dance was exactly what i thought when i saw this image its good overall but the floor could be brighter and the girl could have a darker tone
3:I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:17:39 >
MQ  Post #: 721
2/7/2009 16:44:17   
cohonn

my art (well edits)

number1

number2

[alt img1]
i think the drawing is immense, however some colour and a background ( a dark sky with a town in the background would be kool). apart from that its a very eye catching piece of art and is very well detailed and put together. you could have done a twin image to it where it is breathing fire. ! the detail in of the muscles and wings make the dragon seem big and powerful. the look on the dragons face contrasts with the big powerful wings, the face shows the dragon looking sad/lonely but the wings give the effect that you shouldn't forget how powerful it is.

[alt img2]
nice pic (dragonfable right?). nice armours wep combo (however for the middle character it could have had a more matching wepon to the armour)! the background looks like a cave. it is simple and draws the eye to the characters, which is a good thing to have in your picture. the enemy on the picture is a dark character which contrasts with your characters which are dressed in golds and silvers and some black (but the black is the weapons which in my mind gives the effect of powerfulness). this gives the effect that your characters are of royal or important nature. also the silver crystal contrast with the background which is good. improvements that could have been included are:
1. an attack could have been captred
2. a special move could have been used for extra effect from first point
3. could have had the pic taken when the monster was killed. showing your character/s is strong and powerful.

Edited CC please take another look!

Approved

< Message edited by cohonn -- 2/11/2009 10:27:40 >

Munched!
Signature limits: 500x100 & 50kb max
Yours was: 84.55 KB
Post #: 722
2/8/2009 9:43:48   
.:Aegis:.

A simple forest
Sunrise

Image One
Firstly, may I say, very well done. Rarely do I see a work of art quite the good. The render seems to be well placed with the text to give just the right amount of spacing in the piece. There is not too litle or too much empty space. The text also well blended into the entire piece.
There are a couple of things though that might be able to improve the piece. One thing that I seemed to notice right away was the shadow around the gecko itself. The shadow seems to disagree, in some parts, with the light streaming down from above, as it is encircling the entire gecko.You may also have put a tad bit too much of light to the point where it is almost blinding. The last thing is right uner the o in 'Gecko'. What is it? I thought about it, and it might be the gecko's toe or something. It seems to be out of place though.

Like I said before, I still think this an amazing piece.
Well done.

Image Two
Very nicely drawn hand-art. I love the menacing and vile look on his face. There could be a few improvements though. The first thing that automatically hit me was that his right wing iscut off at the edge of the paper. You can also slightly still see the circles and lines that you drew for the skeleton of the dragon. Next time you might want to try drawing the skeleton more lightly to allow an easier and complete erase. There also seems to be a problem with with the proportions of his body parts. Compared to his body, the head seems to be too big, and the front legs seem to be too small.

Overall, it's still a very nice drawing. I know it usually takes much time and effort to get that good.

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

~Aegis

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:20:34 >
MQ  Post #: 723
2/9/2009 15:11:47   
Hallie Slidepath
Robot Unicorn Overlord

90% my artwork is inspired by the AE games... banners, siggys, comics and whatnot, and here's some examples of my work ^^:
Just A Little Spark In The Dark
Stop Messin' With The Timeline!

Constructive Criticism:

Image One
This picture is very well made. The rendering of the gecko is very clean, the special effects are used in a clever way and I must say you've done very well with the different shades of green. Though I find some parts confusing; there's something I guess would be the toe of the gecko (right under the 'o') and it seems a bit out of place, maybe it's because of the transparent effect. I might be wrong, but I think it would be a good idea to remove it since it's not very important for the wholeness of the picture and give the feeling that it doesn't belong...
The background is very well made, though it disturbs the text a little, and after studying the picture for a while I might suggest to make the background slightly darker. Anyway, the picture is cleverly made, the concept is good, and the suggestions are not necessary to carry out 'cause your work is very good to begin with.

Image Two
This picture feels rather intriguing. The combination of colors feels very well planned and the performance is great, but there could be a few improvements tough. The whole performance is very clean except for the little, purple spot at the right corner of the text. It would probably be a good thing to remove it since it feels kinda misplaced and doesn't match the very high quality that labels the rest of the picture. You could make the text a little less transparent as well, but it's not of much importance for the general impression. However; the concept of the picture is great.

Thank you
/Hallie

Approved

< Message edited by Grafh -- 2/9/2009 19:20:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 724
2/10/2009 15:08:20   
valetta
Banned

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo281/Silver_Guardian_David/Signatures/Project1-12.png

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i215/alphaberzerker/Sigs/gimpimage21.jpg

Grafh's pic's And constructive criticism:

I Like How its a Loverly green and the words are very easy to read also they are very clear to read.
I like the picture of pae that looks very adventurous And the colour of green looks very cool.

I like the colour of pink With the style of writing it looks very effective.
I like the picture aswell it looks very mysterious it really looks cool.
I also like the fact that it all fits in and looks very good.

Is this any better grafh
[edit] i think i done it right please reconsider :)

< Message edited by valetta -- 2/11/2009 15:02:21 >
MQ  Post #: 725
Page:   <<   < prev  26 27 28 [29] 30   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 29 of 30«<2627282930>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition