Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 3 of 18«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/18/2008 0:42:16   
EragonZZZZ

That must be AS2 though.

Blah, learning AS3 has been shoved to the back burner while school takes precedence. I haven't coded with Flash in forever. Java's consuming me, thank gosh I'm still programming (at least).

I advise anyone who's interested to take a programming course at their school, I'm actually learning stuff.
AQ  Post #: 51
4/18/2008 10:20:15   
Awsome Teh Cake

quote:

ORIGINAL: mathus the seconth

quote:

ORIGINAL: BeefStew

Althorne, can I be added to the list of flash users? Also, how would I change he mouse back to default after it has already been custom? I know it seems basic, but I guess I never really put much thought into it XD.
-Beefy
edit: Btw, I looked through all the other Flash Q&A's and seeing the "Flsg and Schmoopy Epic Battles (Flsg saying schmoopy copied/pasted, then lying saying he didn't, then eragon saying we've been here before XD)", and my new fave number is -0, although this is random and no one cares, I personally find the previous Q&A's hilarious! LOL!!!

Well, if you want to do that, you shouldn't use the code in the front page. I strongly recommend putting your code in a frame, rather than a Movie Clip. Your code will end up easier to find and manage, and you have more control over what's going on.

With the following tutorial, you will end up with This.

If you have Flash CS3, then you do not need to follow the following tutorial. Simply download This File, and be happy. (Although I would like you to read, so that you understand a bit more)

First, go to "Insert > New Symbol", name it "mouse" (Disregard the quotes throughout the rest of this. I just put those so that you may see what to type easily.) then draw your custom mouse here. Once done, go back to "Scene 1" by pressing the button below the TimeLine. Right click on the mouse movie clip in the library, and select "Linkage...", and check off "Export For ActionScript", on "Identifier" put "mouse". now make 2 buttons on the stage, one with an Instance Name of "cus" (As in "Custom"), and one with "def" (As in "Default"). After that, select the first frame of your movie, and dump the following code there.

_root.cus.onRelease = function() {
	Mouse.hide();
	t = _root.attachMovie("mouse", "mouse1", 1);
	t._x = _root._xmouse;
	t._y = _root._ymouse;
	t.onMouseMove = function() {
		this._x = _root._xmouse;
		this._y = _root._ymouse;
	};
};
_root.def.onRelease = function() {
	Mouse.show();
	mouse1.removeMovieClip();
};

You now have a working "Mouse Switcher". Hope you enjoyed.

I wasn't using the code on the front but ty for the tut! Btw Im flash pro 8, AS2
-Beefy

< Message edited by BeefStew -- 4/18/2008 10:21:16 >
AQ  Post #: 52
4/18/2008 23:13:34   
mathus the seconth

quote:

ORIGINAL: EragonZZZZ

That must be AS2 though.

Blah, learning AS3 has been shoved to the back burner while school takes precedence. I haven't coded with Flash in forever. Java's consuming me, thank gosh I'm still programming (at least).

I advise anyone who's interested to take a programming course at their school, I'm actually learning stuff.

I simply can't get the hang of AS3, it's like an almost entirely different language. I still use AS2 for now, at least until some good video tutorials are spawned.

< Message edited by mathus the seconth -- 4/18/2008 23:14:45 >
AQ  Post #: 53
4/19/2008 8:52:42   
Awsome Teh Cake

Have you ever played one of those games in which you must preform surgery, and you must cut across the dotted line? For some reason, no matter where I go, no one knows how to do it! Can you possibly show me how it works? I've tried everything, from hitTest to even making a line follow the scapel! If anyone gets any results at all, please pm me, or tell me here. Or, you can pm biG frend, we're working together on this project. Thanks in advance! :D
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 54
4/19/2008 11:40:40   
tauguy

Can anyone work out what is wrong? :

quote:

ERROR: Symbol 'Symbol 38', Layer 1, Frame 1, Instance of 'Attack', Line 1: Syntax error.
on (release) {gotoAndPlay("attack")}
ERROR: Symbol 'Symbol 39', Layer 1, Frame 1, Instance of 'Cast Spell', Line 1: Syntax error.
on (release) {gotoAndPlay("magicselect")}

------------------------
Compilation time: 00:01
2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
AQ  Post #: 55
4/19/2008 11:52:53   
biG frend

you need to add ';' at the end of the gotoAndStop statements!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
4/19/2008 12:15:22   
tauguy

Ah, lol. Missed that.
Cheers biG
AQ  Post #: 57
4/19/2008 13:37:44   
Awsome Teh Cake

tauguy I never knew you had flash! Hooray! The era of flash has come yet again!
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 58
4/19/2008 14:41:30   
tauguy

lol.
Neither did I till I got it today :P

But im sorta rubish, of course I knew it would take time.
Ive almost finished my battle system, but now the only problem is health. How do I make it so that you can see the amount of healther you have as a number?
AQ  Post #: 59
4/19/2008 14:58:05   
biG frend

make a dynamic text box and give it the var name of your health variable.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
4/19/2008 14:58:11   
Awsome Teh Cake

1) click the text tool and place the text
2) where is says either: "Static" "Input" "Dynamic", change it to dynamic
3) click the frame
4) press f9
5) write: HP = 100;
6) go back to the text
7) look in the lower right corner
8) the middle text box, write HP
9) if you want a hp bar pm me
10) press ctrl + enter
11) tada!

-Beefy

edit: lol, so hard to think right now, listening to Tenacious D, listening to even a few seconds of their songs kills millions of brain cells lol.
edit2: tauguy, aren't you glad that you just have to write for games? lol. There shall be many times in which you shall throw your computer down 4 of 5 places. 1) Down 3 stories. 2) Of a cliff. 3) out your window. 4)at your siblings. 5) at yourself lol, Syntax errors shall drive you mad! Mad as a spooon!

< Message edited by BeefStew -- 4/19/2008 15:09:31 >
AQ  Post #: 61
4/19/2008 15:16:11   
tauguy

Argg...Ive done all that but the number won't come up.
AQ  Post #: 62
4/19/2008 15:31:19   
Awsome Teh Cake

make sure that the text color is black, and its all case sensitive, so HP must be the same on both things, or just send me the file from sendspace.com, and I'll show you whats wrong.
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 63
4/19/2008 15:35:04   
tauguy

kk, whats youre e-mail beefy?
AQ  Post #: 64
4/19/2008 15:38:54   
Awsome Teh Cake

btrosch@comcast.net
AQ  Post #: 65
4/19/2008 15:41:38   
tauguy

cool, i sent it
AQ  Post #: 66
4/19/2008 15:43:07   
Awsome Teh Cake

K, I'll see wat went wrong, so that you kno wat to do for next time you try it :)
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 67
4/19/2008 15:44:40   
tauguy

cheers

Gah! I worked it out! Letter case was slightly wrong. Don't worry beef, but thanks anyway.

I haven't looked into this yet, but how could I make it so that by clicking a series of buttons it would cause an event?
And would there be a way of making an image apear somewhere on the page when you click the corresponding button without having to go through all the different combinations and buttons in turn?

< Message edited by tauguy -- 4/19/2008 16:04:21 >
AQ  Post #: 68
4/19/2008 16:11:18   
Awsome Teh Cake

What are you talking about? You mean if you press a button, it appears, and disapears when you press the same button? I'm not understanding.
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 69
4/19/2008 16:22:23   
tauguy

If you, say, clicked 3 buttons in order could you make it so it causes an event. (Ok, I know you can. Like at easter in MQ when you had to defuse the eggs)

And when you clicked the 3 buttons, could you make the 3 symbols on the buttons apear in a box, say in the left hand corner, without having to make loads of different frames?
AQ  Post #: 70
4/19/2008 17:09:36   
Awsome Teh Cake

Click the frame and press f9:

Lightupthingy=0;

You might wanna add this to every button:
on(release){
Lightupthingy=1(or any other number){
}

and add to the your various lights movie clip (with the instance name Lights):

onClipEvent (load) {
function reset() {
_root.Lights.gotoAndStop(_root.Lightupthingy);
}
reset();
}

and double click ur Lights and make as many frames as there are lights, then on the first make none lit up, and in every frame make 1 more light up.
AQ  Post #: 71
4/19/2008 20:52:12   
Taerzik

Just a note Beefstew, when adding comments to AS code, you might want to add the way they would be put in actual code. like thiis:

codecodecode ();
codecode;
codecodecodecode; // your comments should appear after double slashes like these
codecodecode;
code;

The reason is that in AS code when you put something in parenthesis it's supposed to be an argument for the preceding code. Anything after double slashes appears in a different color and is ignored when the file runs.
Post #: 72
4/19/2008 22:48:30   
Awsome Teh Cake

I kno that, but I'm sure he won't really put in the parenthesis when he adds the code, it's common sense. Besides its pointless to use, especially since if no one sees your flash, its just a waste of typing, and when you do show it, your not going to need to do that, because not even a 4 year old would think that would be part of the code-Well, maybe a 4 year old, but I'm sure you get my point.
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 73
4/20/2008 1:45:41   
Taerzik

That's true. And you comments are obviously not part of the code.
Post #: 74
4/20/2008 8:40:45   
tauguy

Thanks beefy.
What about like in the df forge when you make weapons by clicking the 3 different buttons?
AQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 3 of 18«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition