Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 4 of 18«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/20/2008 8:42:26   
Awsome Teh Cake

@tauguy: I'd have to think about that a bit.
@any1: What is this flash cs3 "skin" thing I keep hearing about? I don't have cs3, but I was considering buying it, but first I need to know what are these so called "Skins"?
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 76
4/20/2008 14:20:36   
Awsome Teh Cake

lol, ^ that post wasn't completely useless (sarcasim).
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 77
4/20/2008 18:29:53   
EragonZZZZ

quote:

ORIGINAL: tauguy

Thanks beefy.
What about like in the df forge when you make weapons by clicking the 3 different buttons?

Slightly more complex.
Working on it now, will post completed .fla within a week. Not difficult, just annoying.
AQ  Post #: 78
4/20/2008 21:26:24   
Awsome Teh Cake

I know, I was about to say I had done it wrong, but when he said thanks I had assumed that perhaps it had worked for him, so I didn't bother. That definetly would'nt work because then you could click the fourth one and be done with it.
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 79
4/21/2008 1:45:25   
biG frend

the forge thing isnt hard. you just have three texboxes, if you click a button in the first collum it puts your first adjective e.g Cheesy
then the second column if you clicked a weapon it would make the textbox say it e.g scythe and the third one would be another adjective
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 80
4/21/2008 6:38:16   
EragonZZZZ

Unfortunately, you forget that each button has numerous adjectives that can go with it, and that a weapon can have any of them.
Doing it efficiently is remotely interesting.

Plus, did I mention 'ew texboxes'?
AQ  Post #: 81
4/21/2008 8:36:17   
Awsome Teh Cake

Is it me, or did this thread somehow get pushed down to the "Lesser" topics, instead of that small box at the top? Oh well, how would I make one file be imported into another flash file? Taerzik suggested, biG frend explained it, and the little voice in my head shouted: "DO IT DO IT DO IT!", yet, I constantly heard a little whisper of: "Don't do it, you don't know what it can do", so I ignored the whisper and am going with the good guy!
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 82
4/21/2008 12:47:37   
biG frend

Just something I might share
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/434739
Tutorial collab 08 pretty nice. It has what you want in it beefstew.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 83
4/21/2008 16:47:48   
Awsome Teh Cake

Thanks!
-Beefy
AQ  Post #: 84
4/22/2008 12:14:34   
firedruid

Do you know how to make a simple banner in Flash, that:
1) when the mouse is over the banner, the pointer turns into a "hand"
2) when the user clicks ANYWHERE on the image of the banner, it opens a webpage in a separate window?

Thanks in advance
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 85
4/22/2008 12:54:12   
biG frend

1) Draw your hand, and then convert it to a movieclip (select it and hit f8), then give it the actions
onClipEvent(load){startDrag("", true);Mouse.hide();}

2) make your banner (everything except the cursor movieclip a button again hit f8 but select button not movieclip) then give the button this code

on(release)
{
getURL("linkie", "_blank");
}

Replace linkie with your URL, but leave the quotes, _blank can be changed with the diffrent html commands and the release can be changed if necessary.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 86
4/23/2008 15:46:09   
tauguy

Right, im stuck
When I say I have flash, it isn't Adobe/Macromedia. It is a cheaper version called SWF quicker, but it does the same stuff.
The problem is when you save it saves as .sqf (SWF Quicker File), which no hosting site supports. I have tried saving it as .swf and .gif, but it says on the hosting websites file type not supported. Now what should I do?

Edit: Anything obviously wrong with this bit of code?- if(_y>+startY){

< Message edited by tauguy -- 4/24/2008 12:45:36 >
AQ  Post #: 87
4/25/2008 19:15:48   
EragonZZZZ

Meh, we got un-stickied.

Probably because the quantity of Flash users on this forum has hit a steep decline.

Eh, .sqf files aren't supported by much...I've barely even heard of them before.
Yeah, there's something wrong with that code...minor, though.

if(_y > startY){
//code here
}
AQ  Post #: 88
4/26/2008 7:32:55   
tauguy

cheers eragon
I think I worked out the .sqf problem

thats all sorted, but i'm stuck (lol. again)

I programmed the mouse to be a graphic, and when it collided with various items the score went up, but then I put this code into the frame:

stop();
score = 0;
if(_root.score=16){
_root.gotoAndStop(5);
}

it won't work, it just skips to frame 5

< Message edited by tauguy -- 4/26/2008 12:12:14 >
AQ  Post #: 89
4/26/2008 16:38:34   
Awsome Teh Cake

make the:
if(_root.score=16){

Change that into:
if(_root.score==16){

That works for me :)
AQ  Post #: 90
5/2/2008 19:39:44   
somebody621

I think one of the contributing factors for the steep decline in needy flash users is the fact that everybody wants to make an RPG. They draw all this fancy art, then they come here to learn the actionscript, and they realize it's a heckofalot harder than they thought. Then they get frustrated and quit.

OK, that made no sense and probably isn't even true, but it's an idea.

Now that my flash mojo has come back, I'll probably post here some.
Post #: 91
5/4/2008 3:05:17   
The Illusive Man

somebody - i totally agree. 100% wholeheartedly.

People see AE games, want to make something similar. Make their gfx (or get a *team* to do it for them) and then go to a tutorial site, get some code and ask how to mod it here. Not the case in every scenario, but...

Then they find AS is hard and quit.

Again, it's not the case in all scenarios, but it's a contributing factor.

Secondly is that flash needs a lot more time than most other DigiArt.

Thirdly, flashers are outnumbered. Hugely.

You constantly need to make new art, but if you can't, your thread falls sadly off the front page.

That's just my view.
Post #: 92
5/4/2008 8:38:55   
tauguy

lol, what is wrong with this code?

on(press){
_root.blackprintkf9._width++;
_root.blackprintkf9._height++;
}

The code is in a button.
blackprintkf9 is a movie clip

I gave up on tutorials after the first few days. I never found one that worked properly.
AQ  Post #: 93
5/4/2008 9:32:14   
flsg

quote:

ORIGINAL: somebody621

I think one of the contributing factors for the steep decline in needy flash users is the fact that everybody wants to make an RPG. They draw all this fancy art, then they come here to learn the actionscript, and they realize it's a heckofalot harder than they thought. Then they get frustrated and quit.

OK, that made no sense and probably isn't even true, but it's an idea.

Now that my flash mojo has come back, I'll probably post here some.

SO ********* TRUE(normal stars lol)
guess why I stopped posting here for a while...

tauguy: try a bigger value, perhaps you'll se the difference. Otherwise I don't see a basic problem in your code
AQ  Post #: 94
5/4/2008 19:00:28   
the person!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y158/photo12/tutorialgame.swf

Could anybody try to say this in text?
I find it easier to learn like that
Post #: 95
5/4/2008 20:55:58   
EragonZZZZ

Yech, I always hated that example. No wonder you're having a hard time learning, the thing isn't teaching you proper coding.

Since I'm really quite occupied, flsg, take it away?

somebody: Oh yeah, just look at the current state of multimedia :P
Poke around the dead threads.
AQ  Post #: 96
5/5/2008 18:57:52   
flsg

sry but I prefer taking 1 hour to teach you the right way instead of explaining that tutorial...
serisouly, take a look around you, and see who's gone far with the stuff in that tut

to help you a little bit, try to put EVERYTHING in one frame

< Message edited by flsg -- 5/5/2008 18:58:20 >
AQ  Post #: 97
5/6/2008 11:10:56   
biG frend

Ok I'm following a tutorial thats made for flash MX right, I know that MX is similar to flash 8, anyway I'm told I need a compnent button, which I've placed, now the tutorial tells me to give the button a label and a click handler, so i go to the properties inspector and I go to paramiters, label is there so i fill it in, but click handler is not, I'm either supposed to set the click handler somewhere else or its a diffrence between flash 8 and mx, either way could you awesome people push me in the right direction.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 98
5/6/2008 14:43:05   
autumnsgrace

Anyone know how to, if it's possible, get a simple flash movie to come out right when converted into a .gif? I occasionally get requests from people that have seen my banners with simulated writing effects, but they tend to want to use em in sigs, and obviously, .swfs aren't allowed in most signatures. :P

Anyhoo, this is how it's turning out: clicky. The image quality is murdered and I seem to have lost the glow on the word altogether. At the end, the entire word ends up turning into a black block for no apparant reason as well.

And is there a way to get the frame rate on a .gif up to 30ps?
AQ  Post #: 99
5/7/2008 19:47:25   
Awsome Teh Cake

Hi, I have a question. How would I make a rotatale 3-dish object? I'm trying to make a first person shooter, I had gotten a decent code, but then realized I couldnt only move forward, back and side to side, not look around like a real fps! does anybody know how to accomplish such a task? I know it may sound hard, but I have no idea how to make 3-d seeming...Thingys!
-Beefy

P.S., Thanks in advance!
AQ  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Flash Q&A Thread 5 - Flash Has Shares In Your Soul
Page 4 of 18«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition