Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/12/2009 11:12:26   
Manga Maniac

Erm... is it all right if I copy/paste my previous stuff (apart from the examples?) If not, I'll gladly change it.

Example 1 < Sorry my scanner isn't working, and this is the hand-drawn image I could get on to my scanner without losing the quality. I did it in Year 8. (NOTE: Most of the texture was lost in process of getting image on laptop, sorry)
Example 2 < Pokémon Sprite Image Slicing and Recolouring.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg < I think it is well done with the texture of the face and shade, making the picture stand out. The various lines make the wrinkles stand out, and the small dentist in the corner offers humour that can make you laugh slightly. It may be nice to have the dentist as detailed, or perhaps have his head in a slightly more accurate position in relation to his body and have his head more oval-/circle-shaped. Shading with the dentist would be a nice idea. However the dentist is most likely just a small detail added in later as a joke, and the main focus is on the dragon's head, so it is not very important, as the dentist could be considered inaccurate to make it seem more humourous. The position of the beast shows it's wildness and gives you a terrifying glance of it jaws.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/2qc1kj7.jpg < The shade is in the right place and the position of the dragon makes you see it's youthfulness. The lines occasionally slight errors where nothing is there if you look closely, but I'd put that down to an error with the computer or the program more than anything else. The colours fit the idea that this is a dragon, so it doesn't feel like it is displaced or accidental. It could do with a bit of texture, however due to the colour, it is not as nessacery as a black and white picture. The curveness in it's structure makes it look smaller, and cuter. This is also influenced by the fact the colour of its eyes are a deep blue, which many people consider as a feature of innocence, unlike if the eyes had been yellow or red.

quote:

I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/13/2009 13:54:59 >
Post #: 276
11/13/2009 16:00:10   
lloydmaster122

Ok. this is my second post here so I apologize trying again. I only do AQW level art: Armors of any kind, weapons, etc.
Here are two of my drawings colored using paint.net.
Blood Knight (colored)
Gunslinger Set (colored)

Constructive Criticism:

From my perspective this is a very good picture. If I where to change it in any way, I would change the background a little. Most of the background is good but in some parts it's plain. Another point is, that some parts of the body's outline (as far as it shows) is blurred more than I think it should be. Taking away some of the blur effect would help shape the person some more. If any help at all, the symbols at the bottom right are small, kind of to the side, and ignored. Showing the symbols would add an effect of mystery to it. Not knowing what the symbols are help the look of the picture. Ok, on to my next constructive criticism. Hope these suggestions helped you further enhance the picture Grafh!

This is a great picture from my eyes. And speaking of eyes, I love how the picture draws you into her eyes. Big, bright, and the center of attention. This shows how beauty can go into any peice of art. Although, I do have some suggestions for it to go to its greatest extent. I believe that the shading on the left is brighter than what it should be. And if it means anything or not, the far left has no color other than light brown; you could extend the background farther or take it out completely. The shading of the right side also adds lumination to her eyes. If the left background was a little darker it would add alot to her face, and especialy her face. Thus ends my constructive criticism. Hope this helps Grafh!

Ok the important part now...
I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves.

Approved
THANK YOU PERSONATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

< Message edited by lloydmaster122 -- 11/13/2009 16:58:19 >

Post #: 277
11/14/2009 13:31:05   
Ebil Twilly

Sample 1
Sample 2 (it's actually a sig for someone that I made but I'll be posting things like this)

Image 1

In my opinion, this picture is pretty good, especially how it looks amazingly real. If I had to change it, I would probably make the legs a little bit longer. They seem a bit short and make the picture just a little bit less on the scale to perfection. Other then that, the left shoulder shows some scribbles which could be changed into some shading or erased. Some color might make it look better, but no color makes it look good too. I think that everything is pretty good in terms of detail and shading. Overall Rating: 9.5/10

Image 2

I think this picture shows a great blend between the person and the green around him. I love how it changes shades as you go up, but I think it loses some detail near the top-left of the picture. If I changed this, I would probably make the black part of his arm visible because it's not in the shadows, but it doesn't take out the shadow completely. The tip of the guitar just fades into some darker green which doesn't blend with the other green here. Overall Rating: 8.5/10

quote:

P.S. I have one question. Do I have to make a Gallery? Thanks!

Approved. No, you don't have to make a gallery if you do not want to.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/14/2009 16:13:00 >
AQ DF  Post #: 278
11/14/2009 21:50:53   
zekeeboy

Second post I didn't understand so I did my best.

Image 1

In my opinion this pic has some really good effects in it. The BG is OK but the boy is nicely done. The text is by far the best ting one there the color is just BLAH and mostly green if it had some balance I might like it ALOT better. The sig has alot of green and just and when theres more of one color then the other theres no balance and then thats just messes up the whole thing

Image 2

This image is ALOT better then the previous. There is balance there is more then one color the whole thing is just, just Awsome. The BG has a coll texture the boy is in just the right spot the one thing I would change is some of the colors.

My own Work
Universe
A little MS paint work :)
quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your C&C. Read the first post - it has a link that explains how to do so.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/15/2009 22:51:23 >

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 279
11/14/2009 23:23:20   
.Kaz

Colour
Sprite

Great signature.. love the smudging effects and the blue lightning really highlights and shows the focal... I think adding a little bit of light source on the right side of the sig might make it better.. because you can see some light effect on brad's neck. The color of the smudging fits with the sig. The flow of the sig is good.I really like the how the burn tool was used on the corners which adds more depth. Overall good work..

Another great signature!. The smudging is done perfectly.. kinda gives me a nightish feeling.. which is good. The purple light adds depth nicely. The colors look lovely. The only think that i think would need change is the face in the BG, it distracts me from looking at the focal... I look at the focal then my eyes quickly change to the face in the BG. Maybe try smudging it, or maybe blur itor maybe just place it somewhere else... Overall great job.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/15/2009 22:55:12 >
AQ  Post #: 280
11/16/2009 10:13:46   
Theo
The Magnificent

My images are generally sigs and banners and I work closely with clans/clubs, I also work with full background images for myself on my computer.

My art 1: Evil Rules
My art 2: Banner Image

I really like this piece and feel the color tones all complement each other. It gives me the feeling the character could be breaking through a wall or is coming out of an explosion. I am thrown off a bit with the solid color tone on the left hand side and feel the artist should have continued with the smudging that was done in the rest of the picture.

I am not a big fan of black and white pictures but since this is a picture of a real person and not of an anime, I think it complements the picture. The lighting streaks in the background really give focus on the main focal point which is the girl “tasting” the sucker. I would suggest making the sucker and the girl’s mouth colorized, highlighting her lips and tongue or some sort of combination of those, but I would only use color in those areas.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/16/2009 21:06:17 >

AQW  Post #: 281
11/16/2009 16:32:15   
Super_Phreak

The two types of art I like most are pixel art and abstract vector art. Here some of my best pieces for each of these subjects:

I happen to be using this one as a sig right now.
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/3990/bluelinesig.png

http://img266.imageshack.us/i/mudkip.png/

Image one ( http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/GirlSmudgeTag.png )

This is a very interesting tag that has alot to look at in it. Even though it is very contrasted, it still has very minimum bad color combination. However, the background is very random and jagged, and does not flow either directionally or towards the focal point (the girl). With some more of the texture that already exists there though, that could be definately fixed. Perhaps even simply making an inverse zoom blur on one those layers.

Image two ( http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/SweetMisery2.jpg )

I do not think that this signature is as well made as the first. There are some reckless smudges (or whatever happens to be that ugly pruple), and the colors clash in a lot of places. The text doesn't look very good either, as in my opinion, the font does not really match the mood of the signature. Despite these cons, it does have nicely placed lighting (towards the girl), the girl is tinted cleanly, and there is very good texture in several spots, such as the white kind of speckly stuff (as I look over it, it could be slightly blurrier, but is still good).

I have edited my comments. You are absolutely right that they are too vague.

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/17/2009 17:25:34 >

AQ  Post #: 282
11/16/2009 20:59:03   
Clawful Flames

Picture 1

Picture 2

CC 1
This image is very good and wel done. It's contrasting, with the bright explosion and the dark shadows in Iron Man. The background is really detailed, as Iron Man seems to just pop out. However, the details on Iron Man is too much. You can notice the small black dents in his armor (face), and that draws away the attention to the face itself. Other than that, this is a nice image. The artist's uses perfect amounts of color, contrast and detail. It's beautiful how it totally looks like Iron Man would actually jump right out of the picture and be right there with you.

CC 2
Spider-man in this picture is really really detailed. Spider-man matches totally perfect with the lightning background. The render is very clean, not choppy/pixely at all, like some renders are. Although the image is very nice, it could use some more colors. For example, blue should be added and some other colors should be added too, not just white, black and red, there is too much red. And then, the background blends in way too well with Spider-man. The background should be more contrasting to make Spider-Man look more in-focus, because it is not so much into focus. The border between Spider-Man and the background should also be more defined. It's too hard to see where spidey stops and where the backround begins.

quote:

Approved.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/16/2009 21:17:19 >
MQ  Post #: 283
11/17/2009 3:34:19   
Alanza

Pic 1
Pic 2

Link 1
Someone has been drawing for quite a while, and it most definitely shows.
The amount of detail in the drawing is astounding!
The artist made no mistakes, in my eyes. Sure it's rough, but it's a pencil sketch.
I am allured by the technicality of the different parts of the Mech's body. Nothing about the bits and pieces are debatable, regarding how mechanics work. It's believable.

Link 2
I really enjoy looking at this sprite.
The lighting appears correct, the anatomy is correct, and the waves of the cape is well judged.
I can imagine how challenging it would be to draw something that small with such precision.
The shapes that make up the armor come together perfectly, seems nothing is really off kilter or anything, no matter how hard I look at it.
Shading is also well done.

Not approved. You need to work on your C&C; please read the first post which should contain a link explaining more in-depth information about it.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/17/2009 15:11:53 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 284
11/18/2009 9:00:58   
BadHulk

Pic 1 <--- Made this with GIMP while being a noob at it... ^^"
Pic 2 <--- Me knowz the text is unreadable. Beginner at Photoshop at that moment. Good ol times...

http://i48.tinypic.com/11rvj39.jpg

Link 1

The girl looks nice though. But I think it is a bit overrated. By showing the render from above, it cant be used here on this forum. It's more likely as the Evony add's: Inpropiant. The text concludes she is Dancing in the Morning, you can't see the text really clearly. Its clear enough just to read it well enough. The light around her is nice made and it shows off the render better. The colors blend in with each other. Light shows off the render. Nicely done.

Link 2

Ah. Master Chief destroyed another town? The light on the left side is a bit to bright for my liking. I noticed a building behind the sunshine which you almoste cant see clearly enough. On the left side of Master Chief's render, the face is a bit black which lets you show where the light is comming from. I liked this idea of working it out that way. The colors blend it nicely with each other. And if you see good, you see some fire/dust comming up! Nice detail there.

quote:

Not approved. You need to work on your C&C. Please read the first post.

< Message edited by BadHulk -- 11/19/2009 5:42:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 285
11/20/2009 12:32:24   
ClaytonPoweredUp

Alright here are the two images that I will be posting.
Claymour
Super Cysero Galaxy

Alt Image 1: Nice job! The first thing to catch my eye is defiantly the monstrous dragon head but I didn't notice the dentist till a bit after due to the fact he looks pretty rushed, you really should take your time with everything that you are drawing not just the important parts, I'm gonna take a guess and say that it was suppose to be a joke, But I think you could of put some more detail in to the dentist, he looks quite rushed as if he was a last minute touch, Thats really the only problem I can see! Keep up the great job!!! ~ClazZeal

Alt Image 2: Woah, this is a really nice dragon, you did a great job with the shading and the colors really stick out and the shades of green go along nice together. In all honesty I couldn't do much better my self (IF I COULD DO BETTER THAT IS) theres only one problem with it, its its only minor one but the lines are a little blocky I suggest you use the program GIMP you can easily find it if you search it on goggle. I think it will improve you art allot. PS: I currently use GIMP and if you need help with it give me a PM and I will be happy to help you at. ~ClazZeal

~ClazZeal

Not approved - please read the C&C link in the first post and try again when you think you're ready.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/20/2009 16:32:27 >

Stand back! I'm doing science!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 286
11/21/2009 18:01:30   
SinVultor

http://seawardmusic.deviantart.com/gallery/

thats my gallery on deviant art it has a few photoshoped planets and a pretty cool sword. The cool sword was also supposed to be a suggestion shop thing. http://seawardmusic.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Tesla-Blade-144266250 it was rushed though because my scanner doesn't work and something went wrong that I couldn't undo.

http://seawardmusic.deviantart.com/art/Green-Planet-143228024
image 1

http://seawardmusic.deviantart.com/art/Comet-142892736
image 2

quote:

Not approved. Where's your C&C on the images provided in the first post?

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/22/2009 14:06:33 >
Post #: 287
11/21/2009 18:47:49   
legendary_ace

These are the pieces of art that I would like to post in my gallery:

This is ME!! (In Cartoon)

Liger Leo

Note: However, I would most likely only post AQW Weapon Designs and if I get better with it, I might start with armors and pets.

This piece of art was done rather extremely detailed. The motion of the body can clearly be seen. For example, I can see both of the hands instead of just one, thus giving this dragon a 3D effect. THe Spikes on his back are angled and coordinated perfectly with the tail and spine of the dragon. The detailed eyes show a light in the eyes, instead of just looking plain and old, the shading for the eyes bring it to life. The snout of the dragon is also coordinated with the spine and neck structures. This dragon was probably made with a rather high level of understanding the 3D structures of drawing-To make things even, but not mirrored. Allowing the dragon to hold the Full Imagination of a Baby Dragon turning around. If I could re-fix this I would perhaps make the wings more shaded to add more to it. I would also maybe even increase the finger structure of the Dragon's wings so that they look rounder and bigger. However, this is a nice piece of art we have here.

This was nicely done, the shading shows quite alot of this drawer's skill. Adding Details to the clothing and the belt of this drawing makes it real. The arms at perfect length, and perfectly equal to one another. The detail in the eye and eyebrow makes the face have a depth into it, it's nothing 3D yet they are positioned perfectly into place, making them glance.
Although it's not quite perfect it was rather done quite well. I probably couldn't do this myself, the buckled belt and the gloves everything has even the smallest of wrinkles. To me, every wrinkle, every line I draw can make a difference. And I clearly see that in this picture, this not being drawn flat but with precision, making the clothes come to life. If I was handed this drawing for corrections, I wouldn't know where to start. Maybe perhaps just add more detail to it to make it more realistic. This is nicely done character, I couldn't have done it better myself without years of practice.

quote:

Approved

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/22/2009 14:06:49 >
DF  Post #: 288
11/22/2009 16:15:58   
coollio

Coolios Gallery
Fixed
My sig for a friend!
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2817/sig2e.jpg
A sword I made!
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/9438/dracoswordm.jpg

The first Image is Ok, But I'm an extreme Anti-Smoker, The second image has a good measure of textures, but the artist should have made the lines of the guitar and the guitarist more bold so he would stand out and not the background.

quote:

Not approved. You do not link the images you criticize, and you need to check out ti C&C link found on the first post.

< Message edited by Personater -- 11/24/2009 23:31:18 >

AQ  Post #: 289
11/24/2009 22:27:05   
arata

My stuff 1:
http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/14/06/20/10/dusk_d11.png

My stuff 2: http://i86.servimg.com/u/f86/14/06/20/10/haseo12.jpg

Image one: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/c4dtagv2.png
I like the angle of the image and it fits very well within the space provided. But I noticed that some of the render seems to have been moved to different parts of the sig. It just makes it seem very out of place to me, and would probably look best if they were all connected to the render itself. because it makes it look a bit sloppy and mismatched. The text in the sig doesn't really go with the background or render, as the color of the text does not match either of them. Some of the text is illegible as well. It is too small for anyone to be able to read or make sense of. I also noticed a few shapes and pieces surrounding the render. Getting rid of these would make the render much neater and tidy.

Image 2: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/fy2x4h.jpg
I really like the nice bit of humor inserted into the picture. The dragon is remarkably well done, the details excellent.. The pencil of the dentist is a little faded and the hand-writing is difficult to read. The poorly drawn dentist though makes it more humorous because of its contrast to the extremely detailed dragon. But, it would go together a bit better if the dentist was more detailed and if he was drawn with either a darker pencil or just drawn with the pencil pressed harder. On the dragon's teeth, it seems a bit odd in certain parts, seeing as the there is a significantly different amount of teeth on either side of its mouth. Also, the upper right area of the mouth really stuck out to me, because it looks like that part should be teeth, but is made to look like an extention of its scales/skin. It makes me feel confused as to what it really is and should be and I feel it should be fixed in that regard.

quote:

Approved :)

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/2/2009 19:02:05 >
MQ  Post #: 290
11/29/2009 19:37:40   
Xin the Ultimate

Here are some of my very own artwork!
Image #1
Image #2

[Constructive Criticism #1]

The first thing that pops into my head: Wow! Looking at this picture, alot of hard work was put into this gorgeous hand-drawn dragon. It looks indestructable, like nothing can stop it! The shading of it's body is very well done. If there is anything I would have done differently, it would be the way it is standing. It's in a weird position to where it is looking back at us so his front paw looks random. With proper technique, they should make another dragon similar to this but at an angle that is appropriate for the dragon itself.It's head was done amazingly and the details pop right off the page. His body is greatly detailed making it easy to tell that he is a very fearsome and strong beast. It seems to me that the dragon is guarding something, maybe some sort of treasure by his position. His body is so detailed to where I can nearly visually feel his scales. Overall, this is a great peice of hand-drawn artwork. 10/10

[Constructive Criticism #2]

The first thing that caught my eye was the girl. Allthough I didn't really like the image itself, it was done somewhat well. The part I don't like is the backgground. Why? Well, it seems like it does not go with the main object. This signiture would be great in both 2 ways. 1 as it is and also one with color so we could see what the author is describing colorfully.The photo itself is very busy and it should be lessShe is beautiful and she is the only thing that seems to stick out. The details around here and on here are awesome! The colabboration in this image is very different, they used all the images wisely into one great banner. It's kinda a random banner to be doing and it could be better. 6/10
"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Not approved. Read the first post for C&C suggestions - it is more than just saying what you like and what it reminds you of, but also what elements may need to be refined or considered.

< Message edited by xin the great -- 12/5/2009 20:29:22 >
DF MQ  Post #: 291
11/29/2009 21:27:49   
Mizuko

My art:
art (the first two pictures are the ones that I would like to use, but I can't get the links to work)

One of the things that immediately catches my eye is that the woman in the picture seems to be looking both at you and something that is just beyond where you are standing or sitting. The strip of light yellow on the side seems to be a bit unnecessary, it would seem to flow better if the mottles effect of most of the background was continued all the way to the edge. It isn't clear if the dark shape that seems to be coming from her back would be wings or some other form of accessory. This is the only part of the picture that doesn't fit in to the overall calm mood of it.

The overall layout of this signature is somewhat complicated. The girl seems to almost meld into melt into red ribbon-like sections. Some of the stranger elements of the picture are the fact that her hair seems to blur into the yellow portion behind her, and the fact that the right part of her shirt doesn't fit in as well with the overall color scheme. The word "Romance" fits the picture, but almost seems like an afterthought.

"I hereby will follow the rules set by the admins and mods of the forums. I understand that failing to follow all the rules, I can be removed from the Gallery and the forums themselves."

Approved. Please apply to the group.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/2/2009 18:52:37 >
DF  Post #: 292
12/2/2009 3:16:54   
Gwendall

My Work(Not all):
http://img692.imageshack.us/img692/1589/cerberuscustoms.png
My best customs are not to be shown in public.

Constructive Criticisms:
1st Pic

Not really my taste, the absence of colors makes the pic look... boring? Also, it is quite hard to know that the "things" behind her are buildings. In my opinion, it would look better if it was colorized.

I have only one word to describe the pic, "AWESOME". You can see that the pic is blurred, it blends the color but it also makes the pic look like it has a very bad quality. The look on the beautiful girl's face seems to be calm yet it also looks like passion is exerted.

quote:

Not approved. Read the first post for C&C suggestions.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/2/2009 18:51:06 >
Post #: 293
12/3/2009 0:03:43   
Inferno123

1. My Art
My Art 1
My Art 2

2. Constructive Critisism

I like how the render is the center point and the text isnt taking me away from the ceneter piece,the render. I really like the colors,very nicely picked.I also like how the border isnt very thick at all. Overall I say 9 out of 10

I really do not like the black and white concept,takes away the color and excitement. I cannot see the text very well at all.There is no border,I like that for this tag.Overall I would say 5 out of 10

quote:

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/5/2009 20:02:57 >

Post #: 294
12/3/2009 12:37:03   
Josh245

Pic 1: http://i49.tinypic.com/23i6zi9.jpg

Pic 2: http://i49.tinypic.com/10q9mhz.gif

I think the colours are a bit too dark. The render works with the colours very well. The tag is full of colour and that's good but the two colours sometimes bore me. I think that it needs more light and brightness to it. The text in the back is good and it suits the charector's personality. The border is quite simple. In my opinion this was an "Ok" tag. Although I think more birghter colours could of been added to make it stand out more. I know this from scrapbooking if you want something to stand out you can use the colour of the object as a border or a little fade. But brighter colours would make this much better.

The colours here are just right. You've got some light colours and dark colours. But they work with the render. Although I feel it's too plain because the fact that all I see is explosions and then the render. It makes Ironman stand out which is good but can use more effects and brightness to the explosion and render.In my opinion it was good but I think it can be better.

Approved!

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/5/2009 20:03:40 >

[size = 2]☑ Winning[/size]
Post #: 295
12/4/2009 11:39:36   
Mad me101

Some of my art...

Picture1
Picture2

Very affective and a beautiful mix of colours. The background is definately different and the main character really stands out. Its not too dark and not too bright, although around the text there are little lines. This kind of ruins the look of the image. If you edit this and do something about the lines I'm sure it would improve the look of the image.

Its has a very 'spacey' type of look about it, and its destinctively a mechanoid(robot). Very nice outline and quite clear too. Quite detailed, but it really needs some colour added to it. The faint outline in the glass covered area gives it a good effect, you also seem to have the preportions right for the mech.

quote:

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/5/2009 20:05:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 296
12/4/2009 17:45:35   
Setz

PART 1 - Examples Of My Work

Example 1
Example 2

PART 2 - Constructive Criticism

Image 1 -

The color scheme of this image seems to work nicely, with the elven skin tone blending nicely to the highlighted portions of the background, all being balanced by the stark contrast provided by the primarily black background. The armor, or at least what I can see of it, is detailed and elaborate, and it's highlighting conveys a variety of textures being represented. The shading on the facial area, especially below the neck, is very well done and shows the variable light sources of the environment quite well. However, I feel that the text contained in the "Chapter 02" element is by and large illegible, with the exception of it's header. Perhaps expanding the text into the negative space provided to the right of that text element would not only make the text more legible, but also maintain the asymmetrical balance of the image as a whole. Likewise, there seems to be a minor distortion of the image immediately below the text area, almost as though a selection box had been pasted erroneously. If the image is already flattened, perhaps cropping in the bottom margin to cover this gaff would be enough Overall, I would say this image is well done, despite minor issues with the text.

Image 2 -

At first blush, I wasn't sure of the meaning of the "Taste" text in the left part of this image. However, upon further examination, I made the connection with the woman clearly sampling something. The monochrome color scheme is quite appealing, and forces the creator of this image into creating a more extreme contrast ratio to display the details of the hair and face so close in color to the headwear and background. If anything, the only way to improve this image, or at least clarify the contents of it, would be to show more of it. I also might reduce the number of errant highlight lines swirling around the girl's face, if only to draw more attention to the central subject of the image as well as enhance the effect of whichever highlights were left behind. I approve of the background of this image, however it seems to be of a different style than the face itself, and thusly creates a minor disparity in the image as a whole. This is a complex image, and took me several passes to fully appreciate the multitude of layers within. However, I do find the piece intriguing, and would relish the chance to learn more about it.

Part 3

quote:

Approved. Nice C&C :D

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/5/2009 20:06:25 >
Post #: 297
12/4/2009 18:53:29   
Emerald Wizard

1. Darkness Blade (Name is production)
2. Crescent Moon Spear

(Scratches in upper left hand corner are from scanner not on my pics)

This picture is very unique. The shading is great, other than the last scale at the base of his neck. Continue this shading to bring the the character. Also either erase the the shoulders and collar bone, or develop so as not to take away from the main shading and greatness of the drawing. Also, develop defining lines and try to bring out each segment of scale on the neck. Try to also erase any stray lines, as they show or make the viewer infer the artist is a novice. Now, the main area of my CC; the "dentist" is an eye sore. This character is unneeded, and thus, takes away from the overall drawing. This needs to be removed, along with the added drool I notice as well. Without the dentist the drawing would merit a 9.

Final Score 7.75

First off a great job done if this was computer based or even a photograph. Also nice detail on the necklace. This image had many distractions though. If my guess is correct, then I believe that the main item in this image is the woman. There is too much "glitter" as in the light used isn't that great. The purple bands of light interfere with the main subject of the image. Also, the lighting on the leg makes it appear as though the woman is wearing a latex legging. This light should either be reduced or removed. The lighting on chest, arm and below also are too bright, darken to show the tan throughout the picture. Truthfully, the purple band should be removed and the background lightened a shade or two, as to benefit and bring out the subject. If these actions are taken your results will be maximized.

Final score 8.5

quote:

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/5/2009 20:07:47 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 298
12/5/2009 11:55:12   
Egor1610

EvoArts forum.

Very good and basic signature. Good mixes of colors and the render fits the background. The only thing that could make this sig a bit better is to make the render light a bit more. And a stroke around the sig.

A nive Black & White sig. I'm a big fan of Black & white sigs, so this looks really good to me. The background looks messy in a good way. Render fits perfectly to it. The only negative thing is that the text doesn't fit the rest. Should have been more "Techy" text.

PS: I'm really setting up an application to answer questions for my game project. Lands of Chaos

Not approved - you need to work on your C&C, as well as link your work. A forum is NOT work of yours.

< Message edited by Personater -- 12/5/2009 20:08:35 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 299
12/6/2009 21:35:10   
Jabberwok

My art/examples
http://i46.tinypic.com/fu9a9f.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/15fp0fr.jpg

http://i1003.photobucket.com/albums/af153/SetzAE/gambler-2.jpg
I believe this is an exquisite work of art. In my opinion it is an amazing eye popper. The color of this particular outfit is a state of likeness but, I really think that there should be facial features added to make it actually look like a person. The cards is the hand add character to the outfit but, a weapon would add a little more character. If the person who drew this added a weapon instead of just cards it would highlight the outfit greatly. The outfit bores me in a sense to because it dose not have the pure sense of a warrior like look. The outfit does not have the stableness I feel. There are too many slits and flaps also it really should have more stand out colors. Though the lining and shading are nice.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/nevermore_na/AA%20Images/TasteV1.png
This is an meaningful work of art. I do believe the women in the picture is sampling a tasty treat but, i see that the picture also means make life sweet and have fun! There are a few things in the picture that concern me. First it is to dark in the picture. It is hard for me ,and other people I guess, to see the details that are in this picture. The glowing lights that seem as though are moving back into the streets is a nice touch to the picture. The dark colors are really highlighting the complex scenery of the picture. I really like the way the lights stand out in the background and seem to make it seem like the real lights of the city but, need to be toned down a bit.

quote:

< Message edited by Jabberwok -- 12/31/2009 13:19:15 >
MQ  Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Artists of Legend >> Art Academy >> RE: Approval Thread for the Gallery *Read Everything*
Page 12 of 15«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition