Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

MechQuest Advance Tactics Guide V2.2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> MechQuest Advance Tactics Guide V2.2
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/19/2009 12:58:23   
Pyronix15

MechQuest Advance Tactics Guide
Ver.2.2!

I decided to put this baby together as a guide for advanced players who feel left behind in the dust of all these high level overpowered enemies. I feel a guide for high level players is more necessary than a guide for new players, because leveling up is really fast and easy in mechquest, and in that that short amount of time all the power you get can make you a little confused. Anyone can get to level 20 or thirty, but it takes real pro to master extreme mode and breeze through challenges that make other players wine and complain This is for players who can’t beat extreme mode without ng mechs, beat new releases without a noobitron trick, and those who find themselves confused over what to pick out of all the new weapons and toys out there.. Here you will find tips on how to use equipment, advanced house mechs, advanced stat training, how to spend ngs, beating the Kelvin challenge, and much more. Enjoy! This guide is for level 20 and above! NOTE-because of player differences, I am trying not include any house mech, or seppy strategies, sorry, but not many players have them. I think I might make separate sections just for these......

UPDATES- version.2.2- new doom harvester guide, and updated the links section with ventures guides.

CONTENT
[Ch0.0]- How to use this guide
[Ch0.1]- Useful links
[Ch1.0]- Mecha chassis
[Ch1.1]-Defaults
[Ch2.0]-advanced weapons
[Ch2.1]-advanced weapon effects
[Ch3.0]- Advanced stat builds
[Ch3.1]- Matching weapons and stats
[Ch4.0]- advanced House mech builds
[Ch5.0]- Credit farming in bulk
[Ch6.0]- Advanced Battle strategy
[Ch7.0]- Planet guide
[Ch7.1]- Zargon
[Ch7.2]- Westion
[Ch7.3]- Lagos
[Ch8.0]- Rare’s (what to keep?)
[Ch9.0]- How to spend Ng’s
[Ch10.0]- Energy saber fights
[Ch11.0]- MOD’S
[Ch12.0]- I’ve done it all
[Ch13.0]- The Extreme X challenges
[Ch13.1]- Soluna X
[Ch13.2]- Westion X
[Ch13.3]- Zargon X
[Ch13.4]- Gark X
[Ch14.0]- Doom Harvester
What I still need
Credits/helpers

[Ch0.1]- Useful links
First off, you will need these links to fully benefit from this guide. first up.......

Ultimate MechQuest Spreadsheet

Has all weapons and mechs, so if you see something here you are not familiar with, just look it up here. It also has all the geekatron combination's, and that alone makes it incredibly use full.

The mechquest encyclopedia
Many players don't know about this, or are to lazy to search it. Its in alphabetical order, so its easy if you know what you're looking for. If you find an enemy you can't kill, look up all its specials here and find weapons on the spread sheet to counter it.

Mecha Stats & Stat Builds Guide
Once you have played around with you're stats and found you're general build, look up some formula's here and see what numbers are most effective. I would have liked to put up some of them, but I am afraid of copy infringement, so just look there.

Ventures farming guide
A more in depth guide to farming for all level's. Mines more of a "casual" high level guide. His give's you locations.

[Ch0.0]- How to use this guide
First off, it’s easy to search and find exactly what you need here. Just hit Ctrl+F on your keyboard. Now copy and paste the chapter name and number into the text box that appears, and press enter twice. That’s you’re chapter. This guide is not for people who just started out, and you know who you are! I will not be explaining the basics, only advanced tips and tricks for the seasoned players. So if you can’t find what you are looking for here, check out Luggy’s guide for new players.

[Ch1.0]- Mecha chassis
Lets’ start this guide with the Mecha itself. The body itself is called the chassis if you didn’t know. Most high level players don’t pay attention to the body, just the looks. That’s you’re first major mistake. Chassis determine the body attack and the Hp and En values. Your weapons and stats tell what chassis to pick. For instance, high perception and high damage weapons with high EP costs might tell you to find a body with a high Regen and En to dominate the field. In that case, an advanced rune hawk might be right up you’re ally. Most of the time, the geekatron body is your best bet, preferably the ng one, but the SC or freebie one is just as good. These are relatively cheap, and have excellent hp, Regen, and En values, and they have a pretty good body attack that mixes well with any strategy. The only drawback is that they have no weapons, but you can substitute your own anyway. Some interesting mecha bodies that build great strategies, are the authoritarian wolf, the anchorman models, and the House mecha bodies. The anchorman mechs lower stun resistance, making great foundations for stun builds. The advanced house mechs have a variety of super power full effects, and make excellent additions to most, if not all strategies. The wolf models from lagos have a great variety of specials that cover many areas, so a few modification's can make any strategy. The important thing about bodies, is that they have high cool downs, try not to use them unless you are in a pinch. There are exceptions, however. For instance, take the hunter wraith. It has a body that heals for 160 hp. Now, you make think that's great,but it has a cool down of 8. So If you use it when you have less than 100 hp, you have to wait 8 turns. Trust me, that 160 hp never lasts. Now, if you use it at the third turn into the battle, you will have it later, when you really need it. Its up to you to decide when a weapon should be used.

[Ch1.1-Defaults]
Defaults are key to any great strategy, and when used right can be devastating. Even geeketrons have some great defaults, even though you have to buy most of them separate. Defaults often have effects that can only be found on that mech, and they also have chain strategies the Snow mechs had a great head attack that stunned enemies that attacked it, but most enemies have a stun Resistance. However, the default arms had a special that lowered “freeze” resistance and allowed the enemy to be frozen for entire battles. Often, you’ll find most defaults to be perfect for the mech, but there are always a few parts that can be replaced with weapons that have better effects or more damage. Keep that in mind when deciding what kind of a strategy you want a mech to have. If you want lots of creativity, buy a geekatron and see what combination's you can come up with. Defaults plus custom weapons is the basis of strategy in mechquest. For instance, using the whip on the equinox mech severely drains energy, but energy drains are determined by stun resistance. A few stun resistance lowering weapons and some energy DoT's......and BOOM! you have a strategy. If there isn't at least one default that is unique or overpowered on a mech, its not worth getting. So far, I've yet to see that on a high level mech, so were good there. Mechs with lots of great defaults are the overpowered owning mechs you hear about, such as the war ram and clown mechs.

[Ch2.0]-advanced weapons
When you get to the higher up level’s, you will find weapons with effects that seem so awesome there often to good not to grab. By all means grab them, but don’t forget that all important strategy. All advanced weapons have effects, that’s a given. Things to consider when deciding what weapon to use are how often said effect triggers, how much it influences the battle, and how long the effect lasts. If you have all your mech parts set up to nerf the enemy to the ground, equipping an arm that stuns fro 4 turns won’t help if you don’t have a stun lowering weapon. Also, just because weapons are a few levels below you, it doesn’t mean they are useless. The damage difference for weapons is only 2-3 damage per level. The effects of most weapons transcend damage, even 5 levels later. For instance, the level 25 web cannon arm from the opening of Zargon is still being used by level 30 characters today. The ability to disable 2 or three weapons in one turn plus bonus damage is too good to turn down.

[Ch2.1]-advanced weapon effects

Here are some weapon effects that you won’t see at lower levels. These weapons are often holiday or event rares, so get them when you can. These bad boys go way beyond normal stuns and DOT’s.

Destroyer weapons
these turn parts of your opponents into scrap. Once destroyed, the weapons are taken off the combat list, and the enemy can’t use them again. BE WARNED- these weapons are great, but useless on mechs that are unequippible or not buy able. They only give a critical increase, which is really nothing next to destroying weapons. However if you add a damage boost, that's another strategy.

Booster combo weapons
these weapons are multi hitters that gain power for each shot hit, in exchange for accuracy or power nerfs next turn. If all shots land, these weapons can deal damage equal to 3 times their level. Add a power boost and some accuracy training, these babies take off half of an enemy’s hp in one round. There are a few ng ones that give boosts without the accuracy or boost nerfs.

Stun piercers
these are the only things keeping regular old stuns alive. These start off by lowering stun resistance, and then stunning the next turn. A few can even lower stun resistance and stun at the same time. Great when double wielded.

Critical enhancers
These weapons have normal effects until used. At the moment of attack, they raise the crit chance by a random amount. This often results in critical attacks more than fifty percent of the time. Add some damage boosts and a crit can result in almost a one hit kill. I've personally gotten as high as 281 damage with these weapons.

Stat Drainers
these are simple but devastating weapons that nerf enemies and buffs you’re self in one move. Very deadly when stacked with other stat weapons.

Wild Shot weapons
These are unusual weapons that receive random damage boosts on the moment of impact in the form of percent increases. This wild damage range can have you hitting anything from normal damage if the effects don’t happen to over 400 with a level 30 weapon with a 50 percent damage boost, a bonus buff and a lucky critical.

Energy DOT’s
these are normal DOT’s except they take energy instead of hp. Much more devastating than regular hp DOT’s because they often give energy back to you and mechs have much less energy than hp. Very deadly when stacked. Can't attack without energy!

[Ch3.0]- Advanced stat builds

By this level, you should have learned the basics of stats, and what they can do. Now it’s time to learn how to play you’re stats to match you’re strategy. There's lot's of cool builds, but it all boils down to 2 categories. You can super charge one stat by putting all you're stat points in one stat, or you can spread it out between 2-3 stat's. Let me start by saying that stats are very subtle, and you have put in at least 60 points for any noticeable difference at all. Any more than 3 stats makes no sense as the effects are to minuscule to notice. Even if you pick 3 stats, make sure one of them are mini stats you put point's into simply to cancel out thing, like 50 points in accuracy to counter an enemies reflex, or 50 points in luck to get an edge in initiative.

Let’s move on with some rumors. Most people say luck and reflex are the only way to go. This is not necessarily true. In my style, luck and reflex are not as stable as other stats. Luck, reflex and accuracy are what I like to call chance stats. They increase your chance of being successful in their respectful categories, but you can still fail. For instance, you can put 100 points into reflex and this will increases you chance to doge by 10 percent. This may sound good; however this is only a chance to doge. You’re opponent can still hit you 100 percent for the next 10 battles. Not to mention there is a lot of weapons that boost hit and nerf defense by 20-75 percent, basically canceling these stats. See the next category to see how to counter these. I prefer power, perception and accuracy, because power and perception are what I like to call fixed stats. If I pour 100 points into power, all of my moves will get a boost 100 percent of the time equal to 100 points of power. I use accuracy to dispel my opponent’s doge and defense boosts, as every opponent seems to have at least 30 points of reflex at higher levels.

Not to say reflex and luck are not awesome stats, it just depends on your strategy, so don’t pour 180 points into reflex if you have a hunter wraith that depends on binge hit for energy or a wolf blade mech that you can use power for kill hits. You WILL lose a few battles due to lack of appropriate stats. It might be good to have points in reflex or luck stats due to the first hit chances. As for efficiency, at the current level cap, it won’t save you much more energy than 5 or maybe six. Only heavily invest if you have mechs like the hunter wraith that depend heavily on energy. Don’t think it’s completely useless though. At higher levels, this stat will save you hundreds on energy costs.

[Ch3.1]- Matching weapons and stats

Now that you have mastered the more subtle ways in stats, let’s get to strategy. Unless you’ve invested all you’re points in one stat, it’s likely that it won’t impact you’re battles in a heavy way. This is where weapons become key. For instance, say I have the rare Christmas arms and the rare New Year’s head. Both of these weapons nerf damage by 75 percent when put together. Now think to yourself, should I put reflex into this? The answer is no, grasshopper. If you have all these great nerfs, having your opponent miss would make the turns spent on nerfing boost damage useless. Similarly, put lots of points into perception and then nerfing the enemies hit would make the time spent on the nerfs useless. Now a good combo would be 65 points into power and accuracy, and then use a power weapon to boost damage by 35 percent. To really make matters bad, nerf the enemies attack to increase the power difference and you’ll find you’re self winning a lot more. The key is to match weapons that strengthen you’re already strong stats. Another way to go is to do what I call half and half. For instance, nerf the enemies accuracy by say.....50 points, and then nerf his boost by 30 points. This way, his attacks that do hit hit like peanuts. An you should remember, stats are for that subtle push in the right direction or the icing on the cake, you can't really make a strategy on them alone.

[Ch4.0]- advanced house mechs

Many people love the advanced house mechs, and know how to use them quite well. However, advanced stat builds require tons of tinkering and practice………..or you can just read this guide. Let’s start with the most popular house….

WOLFBLADE

The advanced wolf blade is one of the most power mad mechs ever. Take it from a fellow supporter, power is the name of the game. This mech is the equivalent of the aq bezerker class, doing tons of extra damge quickly. The downside is, if u don't win the first few turns, chances are you are about to run out of energy and HP. Fast. This tends to be an issue in extreme mode..... Obviously, high damage weapons and damage buff's are you're friends here. For stats, it depends on the weapons. Of course, wolf blade mechs are designed for overkill, and here is how to do such. There are several kinds of over kill. No matter what overkill you use, I would highly recommend 100 points in accuracy, at least. Wolf Blade is designed for over kill hits, so this is the best decision.

Now, through away the shoulders. Yes, I know the shoulders are the main reason this mech rocks so much. Trust me. If you really need it, try the wolf shoulder in the lagos shop. I would use either the dual strikes or adhesive bombs. For the back arm, I would suggest using either the bat gliders for accuracy but only if you really if you really really need it, or some other rare back arm that hits like a ton of bricks. The hook back arm also works wonders from the lagos shop. A few points in luck for crits, and you’re all set. Just use the head, then front arm, and then wail on the unlucky opponent. With all those high damage weapons, there’s no way you won’t get at least 2 specials before the battles over. Use the bat glider or wolf shots encase the enemy nerfs you’re accuracy.

Remember, this is just one example, the main thing is that you realize one thing; the wolf only has one overpowered weapon, the front arm. As powerful as that is, it’s not enough in this day and age. So it falls to you to implement your own power based weapons. The accuracy is so you don’t need to waste slots on boosting accuracy or lowering defense. If you are thinking of using the hand stuns on the mace, don’t bother yet. No matter how many stuns you can get off, it can’t match the power of other arms and power is what you need. They only way stuns will work on extreme mode is if you have enough 100 percent stun weapons to stun for 7 or 8 turn’s in a row, and at this point there isn’t enough of those yet. Even if you activate all the stuns and hit it up with the two turn stun from the body, you have to sacrifice to many slots to make a difference in power. Plus, many enemies have +50 stun res., and the maces only subtract 30. When you're up against an enemy with 70 stun resistance, this becomes an annoying issue. I'm all ears if you can find another strategy to use besides over kill or super stun with this mech, but I can't find any.

Anyways, here's my favorite farming build. Can also be used on normal mode, but hard mode may give some problems and extreme will kill you.

Head - default
front shoulder - dual strikes/ adhesive bombs
back shoulder - dual strikes/ adhesive bombs/or one wolf shoulder from lagos
front Arm - default front arm
Back arm - anchor back arm from the Lagos shop.

Just use the front arm, then head, and what ever you feel like using. I use the dual strikes for shorter attack animations when farming. Very simple and effective. Oh, and lots of points in accuracy to counter the head, and maybe the wolf shoulder, as you don't really need all those power hitters for killing regular enemies.

MystRaven

Ah yes, the wild child her/him self. Let me start by saying, if you want stable overpowered hits, you maybe looking at the wrong mech. The advanced raven mech is designed for wild shots and super ninja doges, plain and simple. From what I can say from firsthand experience, sometimes you can hit more than seppy, and sometimes you hit less than runehawk. The main thing to do is to get weapons that compliment the body, since it’s already over powered in itself. If you are going with damage nerfs, STOP. This is an effective waste of the body. You’re goal is to keep smokescreen going for as long as possible, and lay in as much heavy damage as possible. You can get damage boosters for extra power, but replacing important slots with damage nerfs will cause you to do allot less damage. If you only rely on the shoulders for damage, what happens if it doesn't hit critical? you are stuck there with two low damage arms and a 5 turn cool down on the body left.

For heavy damage, there are allot of options available to chose from. Replace the head with something that buffs defense, increases power, or hits hard. I prefer the bulk head from Zargon, but you could try the Kelvin head for more smoke screen. Also, the thunder head from Zargon could make a good backup in case smoke screen fails. Replace both arms; I like weapons that increase damage, or accuracy, like the bat gliders. The wolf arms that boost critical and the anchor hooks might work, and I actually find the mugger arm from the pirate town to be pretty good at damage.If you can’t find anything, try the gark sniper arms. They are great for non chassis enemies (increased crit chance) and they soften up the enemies for when smokescreen is over if the enemies are chassis. Last, the shoulders, these are you’re main means for damage. I would use the adhesive bombs or dual strikes for more stable damage, but you can use the regulars for wild shots. As for stats, I recommend all in reflex, for both initiative and smoke screen. Luck doesn’t do as much for you as reflex when it comes to this mech, but it can still help critical rates.

Here's a strategy from speedy fighters. It really shows the power of a mystraven, and it uses common weapons, but very effective.

AMR chassis
front shoulder - Crow's Star Cannon.
Back shoulders - Dual Strike
head - Raging Bulk Blast.
back arm- Heavy Hook
front arm - Shiny Cutlass

use chassis.
use Shiny Cutlass
use Heavy Hook
use Raging Bulk blast
use Incredible Dual Strikes
Use Crows Star Cannon,
use Heavy Hook

freestyle if not yet dead (although they should be at -30 H.P. by now)

this strategy for the AMR takes away an average of 143.65 H.P. a turn. even more if points have been invested in power. Plus you can mix and match different stat builds for added effects. The cutlass is for lowering defense, and comes in handy quite allot actually.

Another great build is using the gark snipers to destroy the opponents weaponry while letting the smoke screen do its job. For added effect, use the kelvin head to recharge everything and keep going until its just a body you're facing. Just wail on them with the shoulders and hes toast. The best part is when you run out of energy, the opponent should be severely crippled. This is just a fun little build I found while toying around, Its not that effective when up against extreme non chassis mechs.

Rune Hawk

Attrition is the name of the game. This mech was not made for farming, so my rune hawk character uses her mech only when I come up against a boss. Simply put, battles take to long to really get any farming done at all. But for bosses and tough enemies, this mech can beat anything with the right strategy. If you use the body, all damage will cut in half and you will be able to stack that with damage nerfs, but you will use massive ep because of the secondary effect of the body. You could not use the body and take advantage of the high energy and forced cool down weapons to cripple enemies and blow them up piece by piece.

Lets start with the body. If you do use the body, make sure to nerf the opponent's damage to save energy and lower the opponent damage output. Some good damage nerf weapons are the Lagos cannons with flash ammo. Try to grab event nerf weapons that come out every so often, as these come in handy and are pretty rare. After nerfing the enemies damage, establish energy DoT's with weapons like the energy cannon ball's from gark, spider shoulder from zargon, or the default phantasm shoulders. After that, get some high damage weapon's. The mugger guns from the Lagos pirate town come in mind, and the pirate hooks and wolf lace from the lagos shop are also good substitutes. Another thing you can do is use the body to stall for time, and then piecemeal the enemy with weapons like the gark sniper arms and the default head. Once the body effect is over, the opponent should be crippled enough for you to take him apart with high damage specials like the nova shoulders from the ng house shop. If the enemy is non equippible, you should still be ale to knock off tons of damage from the sniper secondary effect's.

A really interesting strategy- Here’s an experimental one I’ve been trying to perfect. It takes advantage of the mechs high energy. First off, get a stun resistance lowering weapon, the experimental stun gun, and the third Kelvin head. Use the stun resistance weapons, and then the stun gun. That’s a two turn stun. Then use the Kelvin head until you get the special. Rinse and repeat for continuous two turn stuns! Add in a front arm from the Lagos ng shop for an extreme increase in stun chances. Unfortunately due to the high energy costs of Kelvin heads and the stun guns, this only lasts for so long, even with the Rune Hawks high energy. Let me know if find a better version of this strategy.

[Ch5.0]- Credit farming in bulk

This is a short chapter for those who can’t farm everyday like me. You think just Knife and Spork is good at these levels? Not so my friend. I like gark, mainly the first pirate boss. He is pretty easy, and the juice option heals you. I know you lose credits when you lose, but he’s just too easy to lose to. It’s basically the Knife and Spork for high levels. I’ll expand this section when more content comes out. Also, when farming, it’s important to go with a power setup when farming, to make battles quicker. Nothing like the hunter wraith, that will just slow you down. Something like the wolf blade mech, just overkill. Also, extreme mode is useless for farming, no matter what anyone says. Its basically 3 battles in one for 200 extra credits and much more strategy. Not worth it for farming. Over kill, that's the game. Mystraven and wolfblade mechs work wonders here with a few damage boosts and high damage weapons. For runehawks rare mechs and really any mech with lots of modifications such as dual strikes and damage boost can work just as well.

[Ch6.0]- Advanced Battle strategy

Now for the bulk of how to win in extreme mode. I can’t explain or stress this enough, MATCH AND STREAMLINE EVERYTHING! To many people like to just use whatever new flashy weapon comes out or deck their mechs out in overpowered ng equipment. This is why the seppy mech fails as much as any other mech in the extreme Kelvin challenges. It has all these effects all over the place. There’s no real strategy, flash some status effects and see what happens. You have to pick and choose what weapons to use. For instance, if you want a power build, keep the fluffy shoulder, and replace everything else with power boosts and overkill weapons. Then head + body + power boosts + overkill weapons= a real strategy. Always keep stats in line with strategy. Having a boost nerf mech and then pouring everything into reflex because its “uber” makes no sense at all. When every aspect of your character is focused on one or two things , you’ll find you win allot more. Also, make sure to pay attention to defaults, this helps a lot, sometimes even more than hp/ep totals.

[Ch7.0]- Planet guide

Since you are such a high level player, no need for me to coach you through each planet. I’ll just give you some pointers. It’s important to note that farming the various mechs on each planet is good practice for finding their weakness, so when the Kelvin challenges come up, you are well prepared.

[Ch7.1]
Zargon

1) You will get angry more than once. The mechs here are really nasty, and have very specialized attacks. For bulk, nerf his hit. The others don’t really have weaknesses. The Kelvin head comes in handy for the spider mech however. High accuracy and defense lowering weapons are key the quick flash and bat mechs, and try to nerf the attack of old batsy do he doesn’t heal so much.

2) Bring mechs with high hp/ep totals. There are quests that require battling with multiple opponents. Some of these quests also have drops that give valuable weapons. When farming for them, I use a volt thorn with shadow napalms. Freebies can’t really use this because there are no free player mechs that have enough energy for high level weapons.

3) Learn to use the geekatrons. They are incredibly useful.

[Ch7.2]
Westion

1) Trust me, if you need the credits, do the one hundred level dungeon with your highest level mech.

2) Not many good weapons here, so do it at early levels or when you want to see the story.

3) The dwakel power mech is great practice for advanced strategy.

4) Lots of energy saber fights

[CH7.3]
Lagos

This is the planet for you my friend. This tropical getaway was built for high level players, with chain battles of cheating pirate mechs and the most annoying specials.

1) Don’t use combo strategies so much, like the geeketrons or the sc Franken Mecha combo, as pirates have a habit of blowing parts off.

2) If you can, bring a non equipable mech with you. They work wonder against pirates, especially the flash mechs.

3) Kelvin heads plus all defaults also work great, as they can restore disabled weapons.

4) Make sure to grab a few weapons while you were on gark, as they are quite good.

5) Sniper arms + a decapitating body + extreme enemies = MANY EPIC BATTLES AND LOTS OF FUN!

[Ch8.0]- Rare’s (what to keep?)

This for those of you who don’t collect rares like a rich guy with nothing else to do. When deciding what to keep, don’t make the mistake of throwing away weapons just because you made it to a new level. I’m still kicking myself for throwing away my level 25 weapons and I’m level 30. Most holiday and event releases have weapons that have over the top specials that will most likely never be replicated. Damage doesn’t change much between levels. Specials make a weapon more than anything else. There’s always a weapon in every holiday event that is just too good to pass up. The trick is to gather these weapons and piece them together into an unstoppable death machine.

[Ch9.0]- How to spend Ng’s

A very hot topic. I don’t want to lose MQ money, so I’ll tread lightly here. In any case, always research what you are buying before you buy it. If it’s something new, wait a few hours and then check the forums to see the general reaction. I find rare mechs are over powered, but soon are outdated. Not always true, but it depends on when you're next batch of ng's are coming. The same goes for non rare ng mechs. If you really insist, then try to buy the first rare ng mech when the level cap was just released. That should last you until the next cap raise. Weapons are another story. Rare ng weapons are extremely over powered, and should be bought whenever possible. Most of the time they last for 10, even 15 levels. So, in short ng mechs are meh and ng weapons rock.

[Ch10.0]- Energy saber fights

No real strategy here, just strong or blocks of you feel lucky. This is just a place holder encase warlic listens to my post on energy sabers.

[Ch11.0]- MOD’S

Mods, huh? Not much here, just use them as the icing on the cake if you find one of your stats lacking. I use one for power if I want to hit hard, or one for reflex if I want to nerf my opponent into oblivion. We also now have hp/ep mods. Use common sense when using these mods. Obviously 20 more hp and 15 more ep is better than 7 more points in perception and more points in efficiency.

[Ch12.0]- I’ve done it all

So, you’ve done it all. Now what? Well my child, there’s still allot.

PvP
I prefer battling mods in PvP to try out new strategies, and catch them in new mechs once in a while. You could also check the level 30 section of the player id thread for a challenge. I love killing seppys in my spare time.

Kelvin challenges
There are also the Kelvin challenges now. These challenges have kept me busy for 2 weeks so far. Once you’re finished, go through it again for different combos.

Mech design
I know people like Kuld and Svinx make new looks for mechs that look simply amazing. It’s a question of what appeals to you really. Since you have reached the level cap and have all those credits to burn, why not splurge to find that perfect look?

Strategize with challenges
I use the time to try different things and make new strategies. Sometimes I go to Zargon or the crystal war event and battle extreme enemies without ng’s or seppy mechs. It’s fun and challenging. For a real challenge, try Lagos at extreme. I tried but got irritable real fast at the rate I was losing body parts.

[Ch13.0]- THE EXTREME X CHALLENGES

This is it soldier, the hardest challenge since …….well since ever. These babies make the doom harvester look like a chocolate covered bunny that smells like flowers and friendship (now THAT’S girly). Let’s start with equipment that you will use or wish you had. Now, I think it should be said I am only including strategies up to level 40, as this challenge was meant for level 30, and I am not going to update this really long sub guide every time new equipment comes out. Plus, a level 40 star captain should have no troubles with this, no offense.

SMALL NOTE- due to popular demand and future implications it will have on my guide when updating it, all rare strategies have been removed. This leaves two basic non rare non house mech strategies left. -_-. This leaves me no choice to be vague with my choices or equipment here. Its up to you're discretion as an experienced player to pick what rares in you're inventory fit the necessary strategies I have prescribed here. Don't worry, if you have read the rest of this guide, picking the right stuff should be no problem.

High damage specials
These will be you’re bread and butter in strategy. MOST MECH BUILDS WILL HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THESE EQUIPPED AT ALL TIMES. A few to look for the gark shoulders, or the dual strikes for wild shots. The mugger arms from the pirate town also are very good, despite being mainly used for .......you know, mugging.

Nerf specials
These come in all sorts of forms, from the doom harvester heads to the sniper body. Look up down for these, but only if you don’t have the Christmas arms. If you do have these, don’t bother. They will be all you need.

The web walker head
A MUST HAVE! Very useful for the stun scythes in the soluna x challenges. You can increase you’re stun resistance by 100, regardless of weather it hits or not. You can pick one up on Zargon during the spider quest. Need some luck to get it though.

Stun weapons
You’ll need stun resistance lowering weapons. Most of these are rares however. If you do have these, slap on a stun weapon or two any you become one annoying mech to kill, especially if you have a damage boost.

Boost weapons
these are essential. Most if the good ones are rares. But a few such as the thunder hammer head are still available.

DoT weapons
There are some enemies that crush you're attack capabilities into dust with nerf's. This is where DoT weapons come in handy, as they are not really affected by nerf's. Some to look for are the cluster arms from Zargon.

Over all Strategies
These builds are for the first two challenge's, soluna and westion. They don't need rares, but require a ton of luck , which I really don't like, but you could just keep using them until they work.

This one is from slycooperfan, albeit edited a little bit.

Mecha: Pirate Sniper
FA: Glowing Frying Pan or DoT arm.
BA: high damage arm or clusters from Zargon
FS: Adhesive Bombs
BS: Adhesive Bombs
Head:doom harvester

Activations: Body > FA > BA > Head > FS or BS , and then follow the cool downs. This works pretty cool, until you come up against enemies with any kind of special. Works well all around really, except for mr.Z and maria 13 on westion.

Another good strategy that's almost guaranteed to get you through soluna is the wraith hunter, all defaults except the head, which you can replace with the doom harvester or the rare New Year’s head. Pack about 24 ghosts and you’re golden. Here is the turn order.
Combination: BA > Head> FA >BA > FS> BS > rinse and repeat. About three turns into the battle, swallow a ghost for hp. If you wait to long to swallow a ghost, the special won't available the next time you need it.

This one is the best build I've seen so far and get's you through all the challenges, but requires massive nova gems and quite a few rares, plus it requires a house mech, so I don't think anyone can do this but the creator. I'm really including this here as a novelty, so you can see what a good custom strategy looks like. From Ultimate Supremacy, but it gave him some trouble with the hover scythes.

Mecha Chassis: Advanced Nova Raven V3
Head: rare New Year Warhead Ultra or the thunder head from zargon
Front Arm: Gift Freeze Ray (rare)
Back Arm: Gift Freeze Ray (rare)
Front Shoulder: Supernova Dual Strike
Back Shoulder: Supernova Dual Strike
Body: Dense Smokescreen V3
Mod: EC Proto-Resistor
rare Arachnid Cannon can be substituted for a Gift Freeze Ray
Body, Head, FA, FS, BA, BS. Repeat until Body or Head are available.

This is mostly the build most of you guys are going to use, but it won't always work.

Geekatron quadruped

head- scanner pulse

shoulders- dual strikes

arms- high damage weapons such as the mugger arm and gark sniper arms

just activate the geekatron heal combo and wail on the enemy with the arms. Rinse and repeat.

Another great one uses the authitarian bull mecha. This mech has so many different weapons is very easy to piecemeal a good combo with almost any weapon.

Front Arm: Raging Bullrush Bash- auto stun. Very good for a free turn, but the best. An over clock weapon from planet 51 is best here, as it either heals or gives a bonus damage boost, which is way better in terms of over all length.

Back Arm: Raging Bullmill- Best back arm ever on a non rare mech. Great damage range, and it heals you twice. Combine this with an accuracy boost and and a healing front arm from planet 51 for a real beast.

Front Shoulder: Raging Bull Stance- not the best shoulders. An eight shot guns shoulder or a level 33 adhesive bombs would be better for both more damage and a better rate of specials.

Back Shoulder: Raging Bull Stance- same as before, but try to mix it up, I would suggest a wolf shoulder from lagos, it lowers defense, perfect for getting all you weapons to hit.

Head: Raging Bullroar- basic wolf blade damage boost. Extremely effective, but most rae heads out power it. if you don't have rare damage boost heads, just keep this, it is still very overpowered. Best if activated once you have all you defense nerfs done so you can wail on the enemy, Time you attacks so you have the forty percent damage boost when you're most powerful weapon is available.

Body: Raging Assault- Defense and hit nerf. Best if used at the beginning of the battle, sets you up for several power hits.

Pick you're body part, and base you're strategy on that part, but change it around to meet the weakness of different enemies.

Now for the navigator mech. If you can spare the ng's, this a very helpful mech with many different abilities to suite many tastes, and I it makes an excellent base for doge and DoT setups.

Defaults:
Front Arm: Corsair's Octant- Basic one hit power boost. Best if replaced with an over clock arm from the area 51 planet.

Back Arm: Corsair's Ring Dial - Three turn damage nerf. Not the best wepon to go with the mech, something that lowers hit or buffs defense or even hits hard would be way better here, but if you want a nerf build it works good enough.

Front Shoulder: Corsair's Compass- Hit nerf, and DoT. Perfect, you should leave it. The arms already hit hard enough, so you're shoulders can have the stat effects this time.

Back Shoulder: Corsair's Quadrant- damage boost. I would replace this with the Jones bombs from the diving mini game, better damage, and it has a DoT, very good for long campaigns.

Head: Corsair's Astrolabe- Defense nerf and buff. Makes a good base for a defense buff or power build, but replace it if you have something else in mind, such as a stun build or something.

Body: Corsair's Style - if you replace an arm, the effect changes from an over kill combo to a damage nerf. Use this to you're advantage depending on what kind of build you want.

[Ch13.1]- Soluna X

Challenge one- gummy bear
This is nothing, just a gummy bear. If you really can’t beat it, just buy the ghost trap and use that. It works.

Challenge’s 2-5- Wolf mechs and a rat
Nothing special here, just normal monsters. Just follow my strategy tips and you’ll be fine. My personal favorite is the dual strikes, the mugger and sniper arms, and the scanner pulse head. Damage nerf + damage buff = easy wins. Just use the geekatron heal combo and the gark sniper arms for damage. The hunter wraith works wonders with a few ghosts.

Challenge 6- one tiny velocimecha
Some people have trouble with the velocimecha and his critical's, don’t know why. Just nerf his damage down or use the thunder hammer head for defense if you have no rares. If you are really desperate, use the sniper body with the doom harvester head for dodge and arms/shoulders for high damage.

Challenge 7- giant spider
Just use whatever strategy you were using before, but add a web walker head for stuns if you don't have high stun resistance or a good accuracy nerf build.

Challenge 8- Hover scythe A
This is one of the hardest challenges in the game. Over 900 Hp. Multiple specials. The ability to stun at anytime. This bad boy packs a wallop. Let’s get to it then. This is an edited version of slycoopers strategy with turn orders designed for HS models.

FA: Glowing Frying Pan or DoT arm.
BA: high damage arm or clusters from Zargon
Head: doom harvester

Activations: Body > FA > BA > Head > FS or BS > If you were stunned, use the FA again, and go with the cool downs. If you weren't stunned by now, FS or BS > FA and go with the cool downs.

your main objective in this strategy is to make sure that the HS can't hit you (Body). If he can, he won't be able to if he's stunned (FA). We want some weapons to help to us, or do bad things to him (Head) and then we just keep on going with everything else. The bad thing about this strategy is that it relies on him not hitting you, and it takes a lot of luck for the specials to go off.

A simpler strategy is to use……
FA: the mugger front arm from crows nook
BA: heavy hook
FS: crows cannon with flash ammo
Head: Web walker

Use the web walker head and then nerf his attacks into oblivion. Follow up with DoT’s and heavy damage and it’s as good as yours, providing you have some luck.
Another good one is to use the hunter wraith with the web walker head. Pack about 24 ghosts and you’re golden. Here is the turn order.
Combination: BA > Head> FA >BA > FS> BS > rinse and repeat. Don't forget to swallow some ghosts!

Challenge 9- Hover scythe B
Just use the above strategies, except just replace the web walker with the doom harvester head. If the accuracy nerf is giving you problems, just use a bat glider arm for its echo location special, or my personal favorite the wolf shoulder from lagos.

Challenge 10- reconascythe
Same as above, just swap back in the web walker head for those pesky stuns. Try to nerf his accuracy. It cripples him. Attack nerf's are also good in a pinch. Once again, you may want to pack a wolf shoulder for good measure, but them you may not be able to out damage him.

Challenge 11- The decimator
FA: mugger arm.
BA: Bat glider or heavy hook
BS: Adhesive Bombs or spider shoulder or wolf shots
Head: doom harvester

This is tough. Not only do you have to counter the accuracy nerf and a nasty energy DoT, but his decimation. For the decimation, just use the pirate body or the Christmas arm when he’s at the 600 hp mark. You’ll probably only take a quarter of the damage you normally would. Use the bat glider arm for the accuracy nerf or the wolf shoulder, and the gark shoulder's or dual strikes for high damage. The spider back shoulder from zargon can cancel out the energy DoT. Not much else you can do. I’ll update this as I get more strategies.

Challenge 12- Syzero?
Honestly, the biggest letdown of a final boss ever. The decimator should have been the final boss, not this wimp. No individual strategy necessary.

[Ch13.2]- Westion X

This is a lot easier than Soluna. You should be able to breeze past this no problem. Try the sniper build, or the geekatron heal combo with high damage arms or shoulders, but I have a few tips if you really need help.

Firemane

If those energy drains have you down, just equip you’re web walker head. Ep drains are controlled by stun resistance. Her specials kind of suck. Just nerf her attack down and you’re done.

Mr. Z and Maria13

One, do not try to ninja these guys with accuracy nerfs. They both high accuracy, as well as specials that lower defense. I prefer damage nerfs, as Maria loves critical’s like ice-cream. May want to try the Kelvin head from soluna for Mr. Z, as he likes to gum up weapons. Two, DECIMATOR IS USELESS HERE. As one of my forumites so nicely put it, Mr. Z eats decimators for breakfast. Not much else, these enemies are the hardest you will ever face here.

Ants/Scorpion

These guys have no specials; just use what got you here in the first place.

Monster worm

Again, no specials, super easy.

Sheriff Bronco

This guy is actually easier than the enemies without specials. Not only will he stun himself with those two arms, he’ll damage himself! Don’t try damage nerfs however; he won’t damage himself as much.

Kheal Snake

This one can give some trouble. If you really have some trouble with the body stun, use the old web walker. Damage nerfs will not work as well as on other enemies, as he has a few DoT’s and those shoulders can hit hard. Accuracy nerfs are best.

EC01/EC02/EC03
These guys require a little tweaking for each one, so pay attention.

For the EC01, he only has a small defense buff of 1 every time he is hit. This includes DoT’s and multi hit weapons, so stick to single hit power weapons if he’s giving trouble. Otherwise, just stick to any strategy.

For the EC02, he gets a plus five defense buff, but it doesn’t stack. Just pour some points into accuracy before the battle, and you’ll be fine. He also has a higher critical chance on his last hit, may want to nerf his accuracy.

The EC03 can stun, so you use the web walker head for no surprises. He also lowers defense, so accuracy nerfs are not so good here. His damage nerf can easily be overshadowed by your own ,so go with boost nerfs.

Dragyron

This one’s a little tough. His damage reflection and extreme DoT will kill you if the battle drags on. The geekatron regeneration combination works great here. Combine it with the mugger weapons and gark sniper's for an easy win. Try to over kill here. The sooner the battle is over the less you have to worry about.

[Ch13.3]- Zargon X

This one is particularly nasty, because you have to face you’re enemies twice, so make sure to perfect you’re moves.

Quick flash

The only thing to worry about here is the accuracy nerf. The bat gliders some in handy here, as the basically cancel it out, but the gark head works here, but it has no damage, so………..Just pick one. You could also try the wolf shoulder from Lagos. You could also just lower his defense. It all depends on what weapon slot you’re willing to give up. He also has a few points in reflex, but not enough to really make a difference.

Incredulous Bulk

This guy hits like TWO tons of bricks. No really, this guy makes the real hulk look like a nerd. First, he lowers accuracy, so be prepared. Trust me, YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS WITH THIS GUY. Grab one of the accuracy weapons mentioned before, or the ones that lower defense if you’re in mystraven. Now next is his attack. Not only does he over charge almost every move and have massive power stats, but he has the wolf blade berserk special. Yep, he gets a gradual power boost. So, accuracy nerf is best here. The mystraven/sniper body is death to this guy. Start with that, and by the time the effect runs out, he’ll be in the accuracy nerf/power boost stage of hi move. Just keep it up with the doom harvester/new year’s head, and by the time those run out, the sniper/mystraven body will be ready. If he still does to much damage, the mugger arm/heavy hook/wolf lance works great in combination here for you're main damage. Remember, if you only go for damage nerfs, HE WILL OWN YOU LIKE A DOLL HERE. Even with a 75 percent damage nerf, this guys still hits in the 100's.

Amazing Arachnid

This guy is the biggest cheater next to the pirate mechs. He just spams web balls that block 2 or 3 weapon slots for 3 turns. I mean it; this guy can jam every slot in 2 turns. Thankfully, Ultimate Supremacy has once again saved us today. Remember that head we got from Westion? Try it here, it has zero cool down, and can recharge all other weapons. Try to get weapons that work well in no particular order, nothing like the geeketron combos, more like nerfs that don’t have a turn order to use, as he will disrupt them.

Bat Mecha

First off, grab the old accuracy weapon for his nerf attack. The only other thing here is his special healing move. You can nerf his bonus so he doesn’t heal, or you can nerf his attack do he doesn’t heal as much. I prefer the damage nerf since it requires less luck. It may take a few tries with this one, that healing move is real annoying.

Thunder hammer

My god, what an annoying enemy. Hover scythe stuns + energy Dot + combo damage punch = a lot of trouble. Luckily, there’s a simple way to deal with this. Just nerf his bonus or increase you’re defense. Most of his attacks depend on him being able to hit you twice in a row. Make it hard to hit and his combos are useless. His energy DoT is another story however. It drains you’re energy completely right before you’re about to finish him, and it has a 100 percent chance to happen. It’s a pain. I would suggest Ultimate supremacy’s tip and use low level weapons that do high damage. These take less Ep and still hit hard. Energy drains also work like the spider shoulders, thanks giving head, and energy cannon heads. If you get lucky with the spider shoulder, it effectively cancels out Thunder Hammers DoT.

Universo’s Toe

This one is tough. He nerfs hit and defense, gums up weapons, and heals. Accuracy nerf is useless, he lowers defense. Use an accuracy weapon for his hit nerf, and the Kelvin head for his disabling special. Nerfing his attack should take care of his vampire attacks. Keep the effects up, and he’ll fall. Remember, he combines all of Zargon’s best effects, so be careful. I'm still trying to find a good build for this guy, but hes just to dam random.

COMING SOON
I still need to add more things for this guide that I could not get at the time. Here are a few of them
1) A nice doom harvester build

2) A strategy for Gark X that doesn’t rely on luck.
3) More Mecha builds for the extreme challenges.

[Ch14.0]- Doom Harvester

The first thing you should know about this guy is the reward is the most useful non rare head in the game, save for the kelvin heads. Two things make this battle as epic as the head. One, his stats. over 500 stat points total on the level 28 version. The house mechs work perfect here. He has high perception and accuracy plus a defense nerf special, so reflex buff's and hit nerfs aren't that effective. Power nerfs are slightly more effective, but his DoT's take away from that. Energy drains work well, especially a rune hawk build. Make sure to pack a wolf shot or a bat glider for his demoralizing move. Hit it up with power buffs from a wolfblade or mystraven mech, but make sure a defense nerf is on him at all times if you are in wolf blade. If you are in rune hawk, activate the body shield and start DoT's and ep drains. Replace the head with a huge energy cannon ball from gark, or the default head can work just as well. Once he's nerfed wail on him dual strikes from mystraven (defaults are to unpredictable), arms from wolfblade (default front arm and heavy hook), or just continue draining ep if you are in rune hawk. Remember, you have to have high power and accuracy, because his stats and special's will leave you hitting for peanuts otherwise. Then he will just outlast you with his superior hp.

Credits

Pyronix15
(Battle guru of mechquest) - This smexy smart cool awesome guy is in charge, and works really hard. Not to mention he single handed wrote this guide from scratch.

Blues
(The power behind the legend (me)) - Everyone who wants change needs someone with influence. My political hammer is blues.

Ultimate Supremacy
(Veteran nova gem general)- This guy has the know how and the weaponry to blow anything out of his way. He’s also responsible for a great deal of my Mecha builds and tips.

Venturer90
(Helper dude that should have been an ak by now XD)- really helpful, and he reminded me to edit this, and gave me a tip on the table of contents.

Speedy Fighters
(name sayz it all ) - awesome dude, and gave a few tips on using alternate weapons to rares.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 6/27/2009 17:50:01 >

Your signature has been fired

Maximum signature size is 500px by 100px and 50kb.

~Kosefira
AQ MQ  Post #: 1
3/19/2009 16:28:19   
zeke50100
Constructive

I have a few tips:

1. Don't underline everything. It hurts eyes.
2. Use the code: [ hr ] Without the spaces to create a page break. This will help seperating sections.
3. If you are going to start a new paragraph, try spacing them out with TWO lines, like this:

quote:

Text (hit enter/return twice)

Text

Other than that, looks nice!
~Zeke~
MQ  Post #: 2
3/19/2009 19:30:04   
Pyronix15

thx azami, was to lazy to find the code my self.=P
AQ MQ  Post #: 3
3/20/2009 20:26:21   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Here are some changes I would like to see:

• Please just leave the font, aside from the italicized section normal. Size 2 font clutters the guide, and serves no purpose.
  • It looks like the guide is all squished up. I can hardly see any separation of sections, though the spaces help. I would like to see bolding of the topics, and use of the hr line. This will improve the guide's organization and make it easier to read.
  • Please do not capitalize the title, and "Welcome to" is not needed. The title is not a greeting; it merely states the topic of your guide.
  • The Geekatron combos are in the MQ Spreadsheet. It would be nice if you linked it somewhere in your guide, along with other helpful guides and threads. Perhaps even make a little section for those links.
  • An objective house section is a must. There will be no "WolfBlade is one of the most flawed houses". That statement is pure bias and holds no water in reality. I would like a simple list of the pros and cons with objective opinions.

< Message edited by The Game -- 3/20/2009 23:07:58 >
AQ  Post #: 4
3/20/2009 21:59:53   
Grimmjows

Hello pyronix see that you made a guide it's good
but we kinda need facts on the houses not ophinion like facts like what the
mecha can do,etc special effects,why people should join it for what
also the title is a bit oversized suggest useing bold also
but other then that it's a bit hard to navigate

But this guide pretty good for a guy whos lost (or something) I give it a 8/10 good score

< Message edited by The Game -- 3/20/2009 23:08:38 >
DF  Post #: 5
3/28/2009 20:51:52   
coolyellow

just one error that i noticed. when you are talking about the AHM, the wolfblade one says WOLDBLADE. unless i'm missing somthing

Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
3/29/2009 0:39:24   
Shocka

Key Weapons and Effects to Doom Harvester Extreme (with stats)

Effects:
DOT- in case you miss too much
Buffs/Nerfs- are not that great because he has so many stat points but help
Stun- with immobility reducing weapon

Weapons:
Gift Arms (DOT, Nerf, Good damage)
Houses-
Wolfblade- Turret arm (use efficiency stat)
Runehawk- Head (use perception stat)
Mystraven- Smokescreen (use reflex stat)

OR

Use rares that stun and reduce resist.
Ex. Maces from GEARS games 2009
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
3/29/2009 15:31:56   
PD

For the Decimator, the Pirate Body will not work because If I remember exactly, he has +200 accuracy.
Post #: 8
3/29/2009 16:02:52   
mickey 209
Banned

Is it possible to use the Snow Mecha chain stun VS. Decimator?

Omg!The Matrix!West and East are like toast,fight for it!
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
3/30/2009 22:18:23   
Snake XZ

I have a strategy that works well until you meet Mr. Spider or Mr. Hover guy Model A (Not sure past the hover guy cause he owned me by 561 hp.)
Jameson VI (Level 31)
Body: default
Head: default
Front Arm: default
Back arm: Gift Freeze Ray
Front and back shoulders: defaults
Then if you get first shot do this.
Head, Body, Front Arm, Back Arm (if done correctly you will have -75 to damage for the enemy. Great for most of those who have high strength like the Veloci mecha), Front Shoulder, Back shoulder, Head, Front arm, Back arm, Front shoulder, and finally if not dead by now Back shoulder, then Body (they should be dead if you didn't miss at all) then continue following the cool downs. If done correctly you should get to Mr. Spider with little to no trouble. It rocks for DoTs and a reduced damage (MAJOR reduced damage. Hit the limit cap!) I also recommended high power or lots of accuracy as if you miss then you are in trouble. Hope this helps some people with the veloci mecha and those other ones who you can't get past because they hit for so much damage.

AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 10
4/2/2009 15:47:36   
Pyronix15

AWESOME WORK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry, I've had some personal issues and almost ended up single..................but that's all in the past!!!!!

I intend to update this daily now, starting with and overhaul of the house mecha section, and a new format.

thx for the info guys, I'll edit that in as well.
AQ MQ  Post #: 11
4/3/2009 18:38:17   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Guide approval request denied yet again. You have not made all of the changes which I stated in my original post here. Please make these changes before inquiring for approval again.

< Message edited by The Game -- 4/3/2009 18:39:24 >
AQ  Post #: 12
4/3/2009 22:22:26   
PD

This guide looks extremely cluttered. try to use the
[hr]
tags to separate and simplify sections of the guide. ( Disorganization hurts my eyes.)

< Message edited by venturer90 -- 4/3/2009 22:23:34 >
Post #: 13
4/11/2009 14:28:32   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

Denied again. You have not made all the changes I originally asked for.

• Please leave the title normal without caps.
  • Also run this through Microsoft Word. I see many spelling errors which detract from the guide's organization and presentation.
  • Your Advance Stat Builds section is subjective. Please leave out your personal opinions in the guide, especially when many people disagree with your opinion. Being subjective in guides detract from professionalism. Just outline the benefits of each stat by and how they create synergy.
  • Try to shift the focus away from Rare Items. You mention many Rare Items as must-haves, which is not feasible because they are unobtainable. I would avoid mentioning rares at all.
  • In the House sections, try and mention how each stat fairs with each house. For example, WolfBlade effectively utilizes Power, Accuracy, among other stats. Also mention that all builds should only train 2-3 stats, because you mentioned "a few points in LUK", which does nothing really.
  • AQ  Post #: 14
    4/13/2009 12:21:40   
    Pyronix15

^^

I don't mean to disagree with a mod.....but i disagree. While I agree that I was majorly a tad subjective, I disagree on the use of 2-3 stats. I think in additions to the 2-3 major stats, it pays to have about20-40 points in accuracy depending on someones level since just about every enemy has at least 30 points of reflex. The accuracy is just there to cancel out an annoying enemy buff. And as for the stat benefits, this is a guide for high level players, and by now if you are a high level you should know what each stat does. Luggy's guide on new players has a stat definition I believe, and it is also covered in in game tutorials in the drop ship.

Also on the points on rares, I will leave that out of my more stable sections such as the house sections, but for certain things such as the extreme challenge's, not only are they helpful, but they are needed. Rares are the only powerhouses that can takeout enemy's with 3 times more hp that you. If you really don't think rares can be used in a viable strategy, try the soluna x challenge with non rare non ng equipment that's level 30 and below and let me know if you win . Ask around the forums and people will tell you that rare make up a good deal of any strategy , as these days there simply isn't enough weapons to compensate for many strategies. Dont worry, I will update the guide as more rares come out, and I will take them out of most sections, just not the mecha builds and extreme challenge sections.
    AQ MQ  Post #: 15
    4/13/2009 13:02:20   
    speedy fighters

quote:

try the soluna x challenge with non rare non ng equipment that's level 30 and below and let me know if you win . Ask around the forums and people will tell you that rare make up a good deal of any strategy , as these days there simply isn't enough weapons to compensate for many strategies. Dont worry, I will update the guide as more rares come out, and I will take them out of most sections, just not the mecha builds and extreme challenge sections

*wins* perhaps you should place the non rare equivelents in your guide, equivilent as in does thje same job, though possible not as effectivly.i aggree that rares wont help if you already missed them, and as such have no place in any guide not specifically meant for rare weaponry.

secondly, at this point in the game, 3 stats is too thin of a split, and at the most you should do 2, although i would personally suggest 1 point in accuracy, as it succesfully knocks hit to 100% if you opposition has no luck/reflex
    there currently is not enough points for a 3 way split

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 16
    4/13/2009 15:55:38   
    Pyronix15

^^sorry dude, I highly doubt you beat the soluna X challenge with a non raven non ng non rare setup. If you did.......well I need the strategy, and you're character page and a pic of you pwning the decimator and HSA. Not that I doubt you, I saw you're records on the easter war, I just can't accept that I can't do it simply because you're better at me at this.

As for non rare equivalents... that can be done to some extent, but not really for items such as the christmas arms. I remember you had trouble with it without rares, but I believe you beat it with the raven mecha, something not available to 2 thirds of us, so some rares in the extreme section will have to stay. But you still have a point, I will take out all rares from all sections except when Im using them as examples and when it involves extreme strategy. Oh, and I have edited all sections to you're tip of finding alternatives for rare's, thx dude. =P

Oh and three stats can actually do great when used properly. For instance, power, accuracy, and luck all complement echother, and when used in the right amounts with the right weaponry, can be much more effective than just reflex and luck or power and luck. Ask Ultimite Supremecy or anyone else who has beaten all the X-treme challenges, it takes more than just lots of points in a skill.

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 4/13/2009 15:59:32 >
    AQ MQ  Post #: 17
    4/14/2009 1:47:09   
    speedy fighters

quote:

sorry dude, I highly doubt you beat the soluna X challenge with a non raven non ng non rare setup. If you did.......well I need the strategy, and you're character page and a pic of you pwning the decimator and HSA. Not that I doubt you, I saw you're records on the easter war, I just can't accept that I can't do it simply because you're better at me at this.

non rare. check. non nova. Check. not a house mecha.... not check: but as soon as a non rare comes out with a +35 or more boost upon its chassi weapon, then i could check that as well. and Deci was still a challenge, that eventually was nullified by a delayed use of smokescreen. beleive me, 7 turns is a short enough battle, and when i have some free time i'll go back and get a pic.

quote:

but I believe you beat it with the raven mecha, something not available to 2 thirds of us

yeah, i'll get back to you when i find something everyone can use without house requirment

quote:

it takes more than just lots of points in a skill.

never said it didn't, just personally feel that splitting points inbetween 3 stats is too much at this point, but as the Game said, personal opinions don't matter in this guide.

as for my strategy, availble to all players, as it consists of no rare weaponry,

AMR chassi
    Incredible Dual Strikes.
    Crow's Star Cannon.
    Raging Bulk Blast.
    Heavy Hook
    Shiny Cutlass

use chassi.
    use Shiny Cutlass
    use Heavy Hook
    use Raging Bulk blast
    use Incredible Dual Strikes
    Use Crows StarCannon,
    use Heavy Hook

freestyle if not yet dead (although they should be at -30 H.P. by now)

this strategy for the AMR takes away an average of 143.65 H.P. a turn. even more if points have been invested in power.

got me all the way to the Zargon Challenge.... where thunderhammer made short work of my energy supplies

< Message edited by speedy fighters -- 4/14/2009 1:48:03 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 18
    4/14/2009 6:30:16   
    Knight_Hawk

Hey Speedy, could your setup work with the Sniper Chassi as well? Also, what cannonballs did you use? Flash Cannonballs?
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 19
    4/14/2009 10:25:18   
    Pyronix15

^^ sorry dude, the mystraven mecha boosts attack as well as defense and lasts longer than the sniper, so no go there, although i do have a strategy there concerning the sniper, but it takes some luck.
    AQ MQ  Post #: 20
    4/14/2009 11:20:47   
    speedy fighters

its the criticle based ones. anyway, since it's a good "hit um hard" strategy, mayby pyronix can slip it into the M.R. based strategy guide
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 21
    4/14/2009 11:47:27   
    Pyronix15

^^ I'll put in the house strategy thread, just tried it on my mystraven character, hit up over 120 damage for 4 turns in a row,........
    AQ MQ  Post #: 22
    4/14/2009 11:50:57   
    speedy fighters

^^
    the shiny cutlass is meant for lowering the opponents defense, and as such is a sub strategy, just thought i should mention why it's there
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 23
    4/14/2009 12:06:55   
    Pyronix15

one more thing, can have ur stat build for this?
    AQ MQ  Post #: 24
    4/14/2009 12:11:17   
    speedy fighters

not including the mod, 96 power. 95 luck. 1 accuracy. (dont ask why i just put one point)
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 25
    Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> MechQuest Advance Tactics Guide V2.2
    Page 1 of 3123>
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition