Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: THE MECHQUEST ADVANCED TACTICS GUIDE!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: THE MECHQUEST ADVANCED TACTICS GUIDE!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
4/14/2009 18:49:47   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

First of all, do not bring a personal PM into a public setting. How I handle my PMs is not your concern. I actually read every post in this forum, and I found that your PM contains the exact same information as what you posted here.

Second of all, rares are good in battle, but meaningless if they are not able to be purchased when the reader reads the guide. As the game progresses, more and more people would have joined the forums and read this guide, and that will make the rares obsolete. It is not a matter of whether the rares are good or not, and I do not appreciate your asking me to talk to people around the forums. It is a slap in the face the way I saw it, because you are doubting that I know what I am doing. I have a level 32 Star captain and have done everything in the game, so I know what I am doing when I suggest options to you. If you are going to have rares, maybe you can try adding a separate section and listing out good rares which may be used for the course of the guide, and add sub-sections concerns what each rare does (e.g. stunning, lowers attack on foe', etc)

The purpose of guide writing is to assist those who are in need of guidance with the most practical equipment possible. Unfortunately, rares are powerful, but not practical in the sense that they are still obtainable. Those with rares most likely already know how good they are, unless they never bother to use them. Focusing on equipment which some people cannot obtain is a detrimental quality in a guide.

On your position on stats, I have no problem with your being vague, and nobody said that Luck or Reflex were not chance stats, so I fail to see why you brought that up in the first place. The problem I have is that, to make effective utilization of stats, blues said you need around 100. Because this is a guide meant to guide players to have effective characters, you need to make the guide effective. This is just like in AQ where 50 LUK or 50 DEX is essentially useless. I can go on about Lucky Strikes and how the results in regards to effectiveness are related to that of MQ, but this is not an AQ forum.
AQ  Post #: 26
4/14/2009 19:00:24   
speedy fighters

perhaps the extreme challange should be left out of this discussion until I/you/someone finds a non rare way to accomplish al the extreme challenges, as rares are the only thing in the way of you placing your guid in the main forum, we should find a way for them to be worked completly out of your guide
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 27
4/14/2009 20:01:21   
Wat Tambor
Banned

I just wanted to tell you that a "mech with no unique defaults" does exist at high levels. The mech itself is called Classic Bunzilla DLX.
Post #: 28
4/14/2009 22:50:03   
justin_slayer

Title still in CAPS

EDIT: How you write ur guide sucks. Do not center everything. Font size is bad for the reader's eyes. After every section, space then hr then space. Do not underline everything! Know what to bold and italic. Put some links. I guess this is all I can think of.

< Message edited by justin_slayer -- 4/15/2009 6:55:53 >
AQW  Post #: 29
4/15/2009 6:27:00   
Pyronix15

io..........this thing is becoming more and more difficult as i go along. Okay, so now what exactly am i supposed to not center and center? and where the heck do I underline everything...... and when my font size was bigger, everyone complained that it was to big. What font size is appropriate for this anyways. and I am using {hr}, do you want more lines per section or what? plz be specific. time for more editing.
AQ MQ  Post #: 30
4/15/2009 6:55:37   
justin_slayer

Ok sorry. Guess I was too harsh and not thinking what was I posting. The thing is that in some sections, paragraphs don't have a gap which tires my eyes easily and 1 hr only after every section and how about changing the Ch1.0 thingy to just like 1, 2, 3, so on.

< Message edited by justin_slayer -- 4/15/2009 7:02:50 >
AQW  Post #: 31
4/15/2009 8:08:26   
Pyronix15

okay....I've taken a small break and come to this conclusion................I've apparently pissed allot of people off .

Let me start by saying this is my first guide of any kind and I'm sorry for some obvious mistakes. I'm most likely going to scrap this version of the guide and start from scratch again, theirs way to much to correct.

Next, I need to say I never meant to insult anyone, especially the game. I really didn't mean to "slap you in in face". I'm sorry if you saw that as an insult as i didn't really mean any of that, and I really don't know forum etiquette. I hope you don't think of me as mean noob, I'm just an ignorant one . In all seriousness, I can't stand it when people are angry at me, and I apologize for insulting a mod, and hope you'll forgive you in time. I also didn't mean to imply you didn't play mq or didn't the forums and I especially didn't mean to insult you're integrity or ability as a mod, I really worded my post wrong.......and I really can't figure out how to reword that (English isn't my first language, and I'm finding it difficult to write even this), so can we just scratch my last few posts? You know, pretend those that conversation never happened. I just wanted you to see my post, I guess I got to exited, and did some hurtful things. As for my stand on stat's, I understand what you're saying, and you do have a point, I will change this around again........

Now, back to said guide......

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 4/15/2009 8:36:20 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 32
4/15/2009 9:07:44   
justin_slayer

Have a partner in this guide if English isn't your first language.
AQW  Post #: 33
4/15/2009 17:22:51   
Pyronix15

Okay, made another round of changes, here's whats new.

Rares are gone. Purged from the guide. The gark x challenge section has been put on hold until I can find suitable strategy, hopefully with some future mech chassis.

Stats are redone, and touch on how many points should be put into each stat.

All paragraphs are separated with two lines for less of a jumbled look.

Anything else left before I try again in the mourning?

< Message edited by Pyronix15 -- 4/15/2009 17:25:37 >
AQ MQ  Post #: 34
4/15/2009 19:07:37   
PD

The links in Ch .01 are outdated. Here are the new and updated versions:

New Mechquest Spreadsheat by Hauntar: Ultimate MechQuest Spreadsheet
[link=http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc7vgMbpyvPpF6x_uVAuCbQ]Ultimate MechQuest Spreadsheet[/link]

Peanut Master No longer works on it, so Hauntar made a Replacement Spreadsheat.

Mecha Stats and Stat Builds Guide by me: Mecha Stats & Stat Builds Guide
[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15800305]Mecha Stats & Stat Builds Guide[/link]

Treadlight gave up on it and my guide is the replacement.

< Message edited by venturer90 -- 4/15/2009 19:23:32 >
Post #: 35
4/16/2009 8:27:24   
Pyronix15

Awesome, I'll work this in with the decimator and doom harvester guide,
AQ MQ  Post #: 36
4/26/2009 23:03:45   
scoobydoo

hey whats up im playing for free cuz i dont pay money for nothing on my computer dont trust it....now i started reading this but by the end i seen that no info pertains to me the free player i only been playing since march so i dont have alot of the weapons u talk about and alot of the info is for star captains what about the FREE PLAYERS u guys got me playing now everything u want to talk about only effects sc players can the free players get a lil action and tactics too.

MQ  Post #: 37
4/27/2009 1:15:55   
Knight_Hawk

Um, scooby, I hope you mean help with story and/or quests.... Because Extreme Mode and X-Treme Challenges are SC only. As for story and other quests (And Hard Mode), its pretty simple. Most of this guide can be used for free players, with just a few modifications (Such as SC only equip/mechs/mods).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 38
4/27/2009 17:38:25   
Pyronix15

scoobydoo

well, here is the thing. I can't talk about rares, and it is true, most advanced effects are in fact sc only. Plus, most extra challenges are sc only, and this is fr high level's only. If ur a new player, just check out luggy's guide for new players for non sc equipment.
AQ MQ  Post #: 39
4/27/2009 17:48:34   
bballnut27

\thank yuo very much Pyro
Ive been playing since day 1 and this has still helped me
If you need any help on this guide PM me and ill see what i can do
Good luck and keep up the great work!

Post #: 40
4/27/2009 19:03:16   
PD

Allow me to do much corrections to Scoobydoo's Post (Sorry if this is a little mean):
quote:

Hey what's up. I'm playing for free because I don't pay money for something on my computer don't trust ....now that I started reading, I've seen that no information that pertains to me the, free player. I've only been playing since March so I don't have a lot of the weapons you talk about, and a lot of the info is for Star Captains. What about the Free Players? You guys got me playing. Now everything you want to talk about are only effects SC Player Effects. Can the free players get a little action and tactics too?

Since NSC players can't do the X-treme challenges or the Doom Harvestor, there's no way Pyronix 15 can help you no that part.

< Message edited by venturer90 -- 4/27/2009 19:04:45 >
Post #: 41
4/29/2009 13:44:42   
Pyronix15

Does anyone have a strategy for the bull mecha and the new weapons from the shop? Haven't bought it yet. XD
And

bballnut27- thx dude, if just one person benefits from this it was all worth it. XD
AQ MQ  Post #: 42
4/29/2009 17:46:33   
Grimmjows

Great editting pyronix the title should'nt be caps though....
DF  Post #: 43
5/29/2009 2:58:42   
Elaric

Do you plan on updating this? Would love to see something about the 4th challenge....
Anyways, bull layout that got me through soluna:

bull chassis
thunder head/web walker for stunners
FA: bloodthirsty slicer
BA: default
FS/BS: 8 shotguns/jones' bombs

I found opening with the head worked better for me than the advice I got here , specifically on page 22 where one poster listed weapon order. Other than that, I followed his advice to the letter. Going 50 acc and rest reflex is key. Also, on the earlier battles, if the head proc def, I might go straight to the DOT weapons and then the body, just to kill them faster.

I advise practicing on the boss fight on crystal astaroid to see what you are up against from the decimator. It all comes down to lucky RNG. I survived decimation and stun after landing all effects, but I missed FA the 2nd time and got damage from the head. I got lucky with the damage roll on his last attack, afterward killing him with 7 hp left. Basically, if you get all your DOTS off, get defense both times on the head, and everything else lands, your good I generally tried to land the DOTs first here before the head/body, trying to land the arms first then the daves bombs. Killing this guy comes down to timing and luck, its really up to you weither you go body first or head next, as you want both be active when he decimates, and the head does no damage. These decisions come down to experience, go practice first some, so you dont end up a bloody mess from pounding your head against the wall from grinding through the challenges to get to him.

Yes, I tried going 2x shotguns, the dot on the daves shoulder is invaluable. Go get a duck and park him in one of the lower corners for the dive, you wont die. Just suck some jellyfish down and watch some TV or something while you wait the timer. I couldnt beat decimator w/o them on the astaroid. I dont know if the rest could be done w/o the web head, maybe, I didnt try. I got owned so bad at 31 and 32 in my nova raven by the hoverscythes (randomly) from stuns that I just went and spend the time and got it.

I'll come back and update if I find anything interesting when I do the other challenges :)

< Message edited by Elaric -- 5/29/2009 3:18:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
6/1/2009 12:19:16   
Pyronix15

thx dude, massive update with the new weapons and Meccas comming up.
AQ MQ  Post #: 45
6/1/2009 23:56:50   
x blue flame97

nice guide pyrro (hope you unignore me in aqw now )
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
6/5/2009 22:25:22   
Shandrakor

I strongly encourage the Warbear for the X-treme Challenges.

1) Purchase Warbear
2) Equip Warbear
3) Equip mods on Warbear
4) Travel to Star Captain's Club
5) Pwnface
AQ MQ  Post #: 47
6/7/2009 1:55:42   
Spidercliff

What exactly do you consider high level? I'm level 26 and I can make it up to the Hoverscythe before it's stuns pwn me... Also, maybe you should uncaps your title, looks like you're screaming... xD
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 48
6/26/2009 13:22:10   
PD

Bit late on my part, but I think you may want to add my Farming guide in the Farming section.
Post #: 49
6/26/2009 16:40:41   
Wat Tambor
Banned

I'll say this one more time in the hopes of being noticed by the guide maker. There is a high level mecha with no unique defaults, it is called the Classic Bunzilla DLX.
Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: THE MECHQUEST ADVANCED TACTICS GUIDE!
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition