Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: A Simple Guide to Farming

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: A Simple Guide to Farming
Page 2 of 3<123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/24/2009 8:51:36   
deathkiller

I would suggest assaul mecha scaling option turned off and then the ID 4
MQ  Post #: 26
9/24/2009 8:53:36   
SoulWing

Ok Venturer. With the new release, it is great to farm at PvP now. So you can add that option in if you want.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 27
9/24/2009 12:02:45   
Luke_231

sorry, I typed wrong its not ID 6, its ID 16, who will end up battling Rolith, which,despite he is lvl 30, is easy, as he will end up with no mp before he can finish you, and gives 2100 credits and 300 Exp

< Message edited by Luke_231 -- 9/24/2009 12:06:32 >
MQ  Post #: 28
9/24/2009 19:40:24   
PD

Not Adding PvP: The Person might find out you're farming them, and might change their equipment, possibly beating you instead of him...............
Post #: 29
9/25/2009 20:48:16   
chuakangle

I created a new character with newbatron: 9859026
Easy kill to get Exp
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 30
9/25/2009 20:54:44   
Clawful Flames

Need to add levels 36-40.

MQ  Post #: 31
9/25/2009 23:55:43   
PD

chuakangle: Not doing that, for some personal reasons. PVP isn't a good Farming Spot, period.

Clawful Flames:
Added and Credited you in the Credits section. ;)
Post #: 32
9/26/2009 6:36:32   
Shadow101

K&S is basically clicking the battle button over and over again but faster somehow.
Great guide though it helped me reach level 1 -9 so far. :)
DF  Post #: 33
9/26/2009 10:27:22   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

For the Level 35-40 part:

Now that you are ABOVE level 33, you can (probably) use the rewards from this quest, if you'd like to, at least, of course, that's your opinion.

Uh, I don't think that's supposed to be there since it's been mentioned in the 33-35 part :).
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 34
9/26/2009 11:15:38   
bileon

Level's 15-20: Assault mech id 4 turn off scaling (as said by deathkiller earlier)
Level's 21-25+26-30: Assault mech id 16 turn off scaling
These are both great farming spots
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 35
9/26/2009 11:38:50   
PD

Shadow101 - Thanks

whackybeanz - Fixed! :P

bileon - As I said, NO suggestions for PvP are going to be taken.
Post #: 36
9/27/2009 3:00:04   
Nixkreig

Venturer, please seriously consider adding the blackjack as a farming spot, with a disclaimer stating that you could lose money if you suck.
AQ MQ  Post #: 37
10/1/2009 5:22:16   
Demiurge

I've found a way to make Assault Mecha work for you, but it's both sneaky and abusive, so it must be right!

Get a character capable of purchasing Geekatrons and buy one.

Don't arm it.

Take down that character's ID# and then switch to the character you actually want to level up.

Go play Assault Mecha and repeatedly challenge your Geekatron-equipped character.

If you're willing to spend ten minutes or so, you can get the random level of your opponent up to five levels above you, which is more XP and cash for you!

Since your opponent is just one of your other characters, there's no chance of hard feelings or a sudden change in the mecha weapons loadout. An unarmed Geekatron has one attack every eight turns, I think. You can farm this thing forever. The only downside is that it becomes repetitive fast. Still, it's too easy for words and I'm currently plugging away at a level 40 scaled Geekatron for my 35th level character and making good progress towards 36th.
Post #: 38
10/1/2009 19:51:00   
PD

Nixkreig: Risks for Farming are not being taken. It's just too risky to be considered. I at one time lost 30 K from Blackjack.

Demuige: Still no.

Unless You guys give a a purely good reason that is at least ethical to use PvP as a Farming Spot, the Answer will simply be:
NO

< Message edited by venturer90 -- 10/1/2009 19:53:46 >
Post #: 39
10/1/2009 19:55:49   
Demiurge

I wasn't trying to convince you, I was just putting my idea up for others to use...

However...

My method pits you against yourself. There is no ethical dilemma here as you can completely control what you fight. If you don't like the easy wins of endless unarmed Geekatron slaughter, then arm your Geekatron or use a different mecha entirely. My method puts all the decisions in your hands. Better still, my method lets you try out specific combinations against other specific combinations as long as you like. My method is both ethical and beneficial as it can be more than just a farming tool, but also a useful learning and practice tool.
Post #: 40
10/1/2009 20:26:56   
Nixkreig

Farming isn't about ethics, it's about using whatever works. Anyway, if you insist on maintaining an ethical farming code, you could farm PvP against certain ID numbers which are weaker but give high rewards, because that's just the logical extension of "fight the weak one (skipper, K&S 10, etc.)" but if even that doesn't appeal to you, you could always PvP yourself in a build that works well with a certain strategy and doesn't nerf.
AQ MQ  Post #: 41
10/1/2009 20:32:35   
PD

On that, Purposely creating weak accounts just to farm it isn't what I call right - You are purposely inserting characters and Server stress into the Character Databases, therefore, creating hundreds, if not Thousands of characters that will never be used. I'm not in support of creating never-to-be-used weak characters just for the sake of your gain. But enough on that, I'll add a disclaimer to not give suggestions on PvP.

Though, I do see its farming potential (When Coupled with X-Boost), the way to truely make it effective just doesn't feel right in my books.

< Message edited by venturer90 -- 10/1/2009 20:36:13 >
Post #: 42
10/1/2009 20:36:58   
Nixkreig

Well, I still think that a "bum list" that has characters with weak stuff for high rewards is fair enough.
AQ MQ  Post #: 43
10/1/2009 23:17:50   
boon

From what I've seen so far the X-boost does help a bit on the farming department such as the K&S challenge 10 were you get 4000 exp with x-boost it add another 400 exp so total is 4400 exp

< Message edited by boon -- 10/2/2009 7:48:18 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 44
10/2/2009 13:09:03   
Nixkreig

Obviously the take on the X-Boost should be "get it as soon as you can" just because it'll always be useful.
AQ MQ  Post #: 45
10/2/2009 13:44:14   
bileon

Also for x-boost
You might want to add something along the lines of
if buying one of the 2 non-permanent x-boosts, then buying it just before you start farming so as to get maximum reward
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
10/3/2009 1:42:11   
PD

Due to Popular Request, X-Boost has been Added to the Guide.
Post #: 47
10/3/2009 15:37:42   
Nixkreig

Well the team caved to "parent pressure" (Because you can be sure that people here are who they say they are... [/sarcasm]) so blackjack is no longer betting.
AQ MQ  Post #: 48
10/3/2009 23:45:10   
neodiabolus

@nix but are you the one paying money for each account on that "bum list?" i think not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 49
10/4/2009 0:11:49   
Nixkreig

All you need to do to get onto the bum list would be to take your own account and setting defaults to suck. Yes, it'd be inconvenient if you wanted to play with useful equipment, but you wouldn't have to pay extra to use your current weapons on a noobatron that you already owned. Anyway, venturer has already stated that even though you can fight at twice the warbear rate in anything that has a weapon with a regular 100+ hit, meaning it's the least expensive (just equip a noobatron on a cap-level player with a high-level FA, you've got a dummy, then use another character in either your or someone else's account and farm baby farm) it isn't ethical enough for the farming guide, so... sorry to those of you who aren't smart enough to check other areas on farming or come up with it on your own, you won't find it here (once our posts mysteriously disappear...)
AQ MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> RE: A Simple Guide to Farming
Page 2 of 3<123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition