Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Announcement Discussion III

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Announcement Discussion III
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
5/25/2009 23:12:25   
Nex del Vida

Heh. Yeah, I think Hollow/Jessica (Jesse?) was one. What about Scakk/Ann, or whoever...? Or were they related...? It's been a while.

< Message edited by Nex del Vida -- 5/26/2009 0:02:20 >
AQ  Post #: 276
5/25/2009 23:47:57   
nosey123
Friendly!

Han olo!? XD

I will still be a human of course. :p

I wonder if we are ever going to have battle using the cool ship.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 277
5/26/2009 0:48:30   
moneybags
More than a Game

Hans Olo!
Really can't wait, coming less than a a month and a week now! :) Thax for the correction XD

< Message edited by moneybags -- 5/26/2009 10:46:35 >
Epic  Post #: 278
5/26/2009 0:58:21   
Nex del Vida

...No. No it isn't. It's coming July third, not June third. It's less than a month and a week now. :P
AQ  Post #: 279
5/26/2009 1:26:43   
Spartyn

Well i take back my sayings about buyin membaship!if its guardian only for testing i might not even play! it should be if u hav Guardian or SC because

1.The only thing SC gets is Star Lord and Beta testing on AQW
2.Isnt it AQ fused with MQ
DF MQ  Post #: 280
5/26/2009 1:31:38   
Nickwright
Creative!

No MQ =/= Sci Fi in Space theme.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 281
5/26/2009 2:50:49   
The Braken Bard

Ok, everyone, if you don't know the date it is July 3. If it was June it would be my birthday but it isn't. I hope there are other races like Orcs. Of course I don't like them, but there shouldn't be too much of an emphasis on those three races (human, elf and drakel).
I want to know what classes there will be considering that it is in outer space. Does magic still work in outer space? Will swords be effective against aliens? Will we get to play as different races other than those three?
AQ MQ  Post #: 282
5/26/2009 3:32:09   
Kuld

Considering that humans, elves and drakels are the main races of these games, I don't see any problem in it being "too much" emphasis on them. :P

MQ  Post #: 283
5/26/2009 3:36:21   
RainingTears

Another game? I upgraded in all 4 (currently play only 2) of Artix's games. I like them (DF and AQ being the least due to the massive grind) and have supported his games by buying AC's, Z-Tokens, Dragon Coins, and Nova Gems on top of upgrading in all of them. Now he's releasing a 5th game in a relatively short time from AQW....I'm beginning to see that maybe Artix is starting to milk the franchise a bit.

It takes place right along-side of the Devourer (which was confusing enough to understand towards the end in AQ, I still never forgot that, as I was really getting into the plot) and takes place in outer-space, ala MQ. I know the engine and such will be different, as well as the timeline and such, but I'm starting to think Artix is just going into this new game for money's sake. I don't know the guy personally (although he's been sincere and acts like a well endeared friend), nor do I know of his true intentions, but making a whole new game based on a parallel to an already completed story-line chapter raises questions on my end.

I totally understand that Artix's company is a business and that they must do what they need to survive. But from a player's perspective whom has supported all of Artix's creations, and continues to do so, why on earth would I shell out for another game when I have 2-4 others of his that I play already? That's the question on my mind.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 284
5/26/2009 3:51:37   
Seriyu

In my mind, so long as te game is good to a decent amount of the playerbase, it's a decent game. I don't like DF or AQW, but I don't run around and say the sky is falling, even when it seemed like MQ was suffering because of AQW.

I would also like to note, no-one is forcing you to play any of the games. Why is more entertainment an issue? :P

You don't have to be the level cap in every game for any reason inparticular.

I'm not at the cap in any AE game, actually. :p
AQ DF  Post #: 285
5/26/2009 3:56:59   
RainingTears

Not saying the sky is falling at all. My point is that a 5th game is on the way now, and as time goes on, my fear is that Artix may grow into a decent sized company and in time forget about it's player based feedback. Hence beckoning a new rise of an SoE, Blizzard, and such-like company.

And I know the whole arguement of "no one is forcing you to play it" schtick. I was merely stating my final sentence as a rhetorical question from a consumer's point of view, not a personal opinion (although it is parallel to what I'm thinking atm).

< Message edited by RainingTears -- 5/26/2009 3:57:24 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 286
5/26/2009 4:44:10   
lordkrall

RainingTears: The thing is, firstly you dont have to upgrade to play them, and it still costs less to upgrade than a single game in the stores.

If they where going to make a lot of money Im pretty sure they would have higher prices for upgrades or monthly costs like AQW for all of the games
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 287
5/26/2009 5:28:12   
NewSlashbat

Awwww, when I saw [WarpForce] on the homepage, I though it would be an entirely new and EPIC adventure, hopefully a MQ-like MMO.
I grew bored with AQ about a year ago.
I'll try WarpForce though. Hopefully I'll be able to exchange my Guardian for a WarpForce upgrade *hint hint*
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 288
5/26/2009 7:16:15   
  Omni
Quantum Mod

Well as much as I'd like to believe the world is flowers and candy (Not those particular items but you get the point) I am forced to see reality. Artix Entertainment is a game company and expecting them to quit making games is ridiculous. In order to keep the current games running they need to make money, in order to make more games they need to make money, and to be able to survive in real life they need to make money. Expecting them to not be concerned with money is unreasonable but I believe they have yet to sacrifice quality for our money. They aren't selling out , and their motive is still to live while making games and doing their best to satisfy us.

< Message edited by OmniGuardian -- 5/26/2009 7:18:54 >
Post #: 289
5/26/2009 7:38:24   
zanathos

Wow i really dont see y some people think the sky is falling just because AE decided to release another game. They probably did this because they had so many ideas and they felt it probably wouldnt even get any recognition in the AQ storyline. So just because AE is getting some new and hopefully good ideas and turning it into a game doesnt mean you should critisize them.

But Honestly, i hope the storyline doesnt take forever to develop like AQW's Did. By the time this game comes out, WE will just be finding out who the SECOND LoC is (probably).

Join <Calamitys Whisper>

Forum Page: Join Us!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 290
5/26/2009 8:27:44   
Jaden5

me or my bro burst will probly make spoof videos of the game with power rangers
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 291
5/26/2009 8:42:26   
Dragon Slayer096

Wow, a new AE game? AQW isn't an year old yet, but MQ was a bit more when AQW was released....I hope this can actually be better than DF, MQ or AQW....AQ....I forgot a long time ago after leveling up to only level 50....or was it 40.......good times........good forgotten times....anyways, new game, new start!!!! I hope I can force my parents to buy Guardianship for Warpforce....and I hope then we would be able to verify Warpforce Guardianship in AQW, DF, MQ and AQ.......I doubt anyway because MQ verification isn't in DF or AQ yet...... I might make a Warpforce sig too.....dunno.......An AE game is always good anyway......
DF MQ  Post #: 292
5/26/2009 9:16:59   
Other_Guy_27

@Spartyn

I'm going to refer you to Nex del Vida's post:
quote:

...No... MQ was an entirely new game. If they made a direct sequel to MQ, only SCs would get to test it. See? Logic. Observe:

Bob: I hate Monopoly!
Jim: Really? I like it.
Advertisement: Coming to a store near you: Monopoly V2.0! This exciting new game will be based on Monopoly and will have the same style of gameplay and will relate to the plot* of Monopoly, but will have many different elements and an exciting new storyline! Monopoly V2.0 will only be available to those who have bought the original monopoly.
Bob: No fair! Why can't everyone play it?
Jim: ...?

*The fact that Monopoly has no plot is irrelevant

See? Why would you want to play WF if you don't like AQ? It's really very simple.
AQ DF  Post #: 293
5/26/2009 10:02:42   
dna610

this seems like a very interesting game makes me think mq+aq=wf Im realy looking forward to the game and love the idea of races (yeay drakel ) i cant wait till july 3rd now
Post #: 294
5/26/2009 10:26:41   
necrolich66

MQ is about mechas
WF is startrek like AQ story and gameplay
MQ+AQ not=WF
AQ+startrek=WF

< Message edited by necrolich66 -- 5/26/2009 10:27:30 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 295
5/26/2009 10:30:28   
Darius

quote:

Female Drakel Names: El'ithia, Cali'tha, Ani'la

Thanks, Fal! I think I'll go with Cali'tha.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 296
5/26/2009 10:56:51   
Arzock

It should be Mechventure scape.
AQ DF  Post #: 297
5/26/2009 11:00:21   
Plushie

@Arzock:I think not

P.S.i`ll go with El'ithia

AQ DF AQW  Post #: 298
5/26/2009 11:06:14   
King of Green

is twilly going to be there again?or can it be twig who heals u with his own type of moglin magic?

Please limit your use of smileys in posts to no more than 3 consecutive smileys. as to your question Answer: none of the above. WarpForce will naturally have a ships doctor or two. None of which I can give more details of at this time. ~Fal

< Message edited by Falerin -- 5/26/2009 11:35:03 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 299
5/26/2009 11:31:52   
Falerin
Legendary Loremaster

quote:

ORIGINAL: RainingTears
I totally understand that Artix's company is a business and that they must do what they need to survive. But from a player's perspective whom has supported all of Artix's creations, and continues to do so, why on earth would I shell out for another game when I have 2-4 others of his that I play already? That's the question on my mind.

A perfectly valid question that relays a number of concerns worthy of response. First let me correct a couple of things.
Artix is not involved with WarpForce very much at all. WarpForce is Galanoth's brain child as head of AdventureQuest. He very quickly got the majority of the AQ developers on board with him because it lets us explore some other things. Answer lingering questions. And create a unique game, that is playable all by itself, but that has a grounding in the humor and style of AQ.

You mentioned your reasoning for not caring for some of the games as much of others; namely that they have an insane grind aspect, particularly once you get to a certain level.

Progression in WF will be slower. Purposefully, the grind will be smoothed out and eliminated as much as possible. There will actually be a use for midlevel equipment and buying multiple things to customize your character. Even doing so you will be able to make your character very strong and functional. A bad purchase decision here and there in WarpForce will not adversely effect you.

Now, to the more telling question the one I quoted directly.

1. We are creating a new game because we are excited about the story of the game.
  2. We are excited about the ability to work with a clean slate, free of some of the restraints that AQ has by necessity of its placement and history.
  3. We are excited about the prospects this game offers, to aid the development of AQ, to further a story arc that has ended but for which not nearly half was revealed.
  4. We really enjoy making games.

Point of fact, some players like all of our games and play them all, some players like only a few, some players are fiercely loyal to one. The games we have though just touch on the many possibilities that exist. Just look around these forums in general and you will quickly see that tastes are very variable, and they grow and change dynamically. We have a broad diverse audience. We would like to give something for everyone.

Rest assured none of us are in it for the profits. Even among our paid staff, and the vast majority are volunteers, or worked for years as volunteers, there is no real profit in this game, many of us work long hours beyond our primary job doing the work for AE, we do it because we love it. Yes we are a business and we need to stay profitable enough to stay afloat, those are facts. If we do not make money we cannot keep the games running nor can we continue to develop new content. Fiscal realities aside, money has nothing at all to do with what we are doing.

F
Post #: 300
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Announcement Discussion III
Page 12 of 30«<1011121314>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition