Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/24/2009 2:35:44   
Yagno2000
Queen of Blades

These contests are honestly rather time consuming on our end, so if there is to be another such contest, it will be when we have a bit of free time to devote to it. (The irony of that statement is killing me!)

That said, I have a minor update about the time frame of this contest. Judging may run over a little bit since we're all pretty much scrambling to get everything ready in time. The winning entry will be animated and released in-game in time for the full release, July 17, 2009.
Post #: 226
6/24/2009 3:27:11   
Saint Kilda

So are the winners are gonna be announced this week?
AQW  Post #: 227
6/24/2009 7:48:27   
Stan

So it's definately 'the winning entry' - one winning entry - now?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 228
6/24/2009 8:41:57   
Ilø€IMPERIAL€ølI

I couldve enter my weapon, but it didnt stand a chance. :P
Really like the weps every1 entered ... very good-looking, etc.

~Emp
Post #: 229
6/24/2009 11:10:20   
deathtanz

I had the impression of multiple winners? Huh, well if it's just creativity, I think Stan takes the cake. Though it's disturbing and I'm a wuss, I'd still buy it. :D

< Message edited by deathtanz -- 6/24/2009 11:14:51 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 230
6/24/2009 14:10:44   
Stan

And I don't even like cake. =P
Heh, thanks man, it's always good to hear that.

< Message edited by Stan -- 6/24/2009 14:12:56 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 231
6/24/2009 15:20:09   
DragonSlayerNinja

i guess mines not as good as i thougt.. no one commented :(
AQ  Post #: 232
6/24/2009 15:44:35   
Davosaur

well this just sucks D:

i know for sure its going to be nicks in game >__>
Post #: 233
6/24/2009 15:45:38   
Memory of a Nightmare

/me crosses fingers that Yagno just typed wrong. If there's one only one winner, I do not stand a chance...
AQ DF  Post #: 234
6/24/2009 17:37:21   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

okay first off.

Everyone stop putting yourselves down.

Mr.ninja when I get a free moment to do so, I'll let you know what I think of your entry okay?

Secondly, it isn't just about being creative. It's also about thoughts on the history, background and design specs along with the extras.

So it isn't clear, that stan or nick are going to Own on this. So stop jumping to conclusions until we know for a fact, who the winner and/or winners are.

Though yagno said a winning entry, that winning entry could be split up 5/6 way ratio.

So again. Stop putting yourselves down before we know the results okay? Everyone who has put their hand into this contest has an equal and fair shot at the prize.
and whoever wins. I will congradulate you now, rather then later because "later" might be when I leave town for a week.

So to the winner of this contest. Congradulations. Whoever you may be.

Battle on.
AQW Epic  Post #: 235
6/24/2009 17:38:34   
Sarmondia

It seemed to me, that multiple will still win, but only ONE will be in for the release on time.

MQ  Post #: 236
6/25/2009 2:42:17   
zanar

if u have the time to check out my wep descriptionj its at the bottom of page 9.. considerring no1 commented i guesse it was lame =<
Post #: 237
6/25/2009 6:22:35   
Kean2012

*Sigh* man, If only I had heard about the contest sooner then I would have not crammed it all in one night...

Oh well, I've got no time to view the rest of the awesome entries sadly. My schedule has been so tight since last week...

Good luck to all who entered anyway.
MQ  Post #: 238
6/25/2009 9:29:57   
10power10

i really hope i win but i'm not the best artist and i might win but the odds are low
but heres my entry: clicky
can you give me critism like tel me if its good or not and i will post the effects or link to the contest page to link here
heres the link to the page clicky

< Message edited by 10power10 -- 6/25/2009 9:31:41 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 239
6/25/2009 12:37:26   
DragonSlayerNinja

Now how there is the "Rate the person above you thread in AQW" there should be for contests "Rate the entry above you"
Anyways, scheduled judging was supposed to be done by tommorow but seems we might have to wait more.
anyways, Good Luck to all

AQ  Post #: 240
6/25/2009 14:47:59   
Alanza Zeek

Ok reall quick question. IS WF the sequel to AdventureQuest or MechQuest im a little confused. pm me plz.

aqworlds username holy necromancer i heart aqw!!!
DF  Post #: 241
6/25/2009 14:55:20   
frogboy52295

@ above

AQ
AQ DF  Post #: 242
6/26/2009 0:24:12   
DragonSlayerNinja

Well, this thread is going to be dead untill the winners are announced...
AQ  Post #: 243
6/26/2009 11:16:34   
Dragonbane Deathsword

Guys, EVERYONE is a winner. Its just that only ONE will be ultra winner.
DF MQ  Post #: 244
6/26/2009 13:11:04   
BioCrossX

When Will the contest end srry im new and i just saw this
MQ  Post #: 245
6/26/2009 14:34:24   
Stan

I'm sorry, but the contest has already ended.

I don't like the 'everyone is a winner' stuff, because it just isn't true. Sure people may have learned something and enjoyed themselves in the process, and that could be considered 'winning', but then we could start calling anyone who gets up in the morning or sticks his head inside a fan a winner.
If you're not among the winners, you are not a winner. If you want to be a winner, try again next contest.
And I have had this opinion since long before I started winning stuff, when I lost in an art contest (and I've lost quite a lot over the years) I considered myself a loser, and was all the more determined to win next time. So yeah, I prefer 'If you don't win this one, don't give up, there's always a new one. And if you keep trying - and you're even moderately talented - you will eventually be among the winners at one point.' over a lame 'everyone is a winner' (no offence) any day of the week.

Just my humble opinion.

[EDIT] Meh, not much point to this post, really. I just wanted to have it said.

< Message edited by Stan -- 6/26/2009 14:36:54 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 246
6/27/2009 11:41:23   
DragonSlayerNinja

Stan you are right.
If we call everyone a winner, the wont toughen up, try harder next time, and achieve victory.
My cousin (no offense to him) honestly is terrible for his age and yet they still give him trophies and call him a winner.
Now he is too lazy to practice hard everyday because he thinks he is a winner.

So yeah, this is just a contest for fun kind of, but not everyone is a winner.
Sure some people might deserve to win, but that just makes them try harder next time.

Good Luck to all entries, and thank you judges for spending your time on our entries.
AQ  Post #: 247
6/27/2009 14:39:21   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

being tough on the rest of your competitors is fine.
Rubbing it in their faces is not productive however.

I don't give up just because I lose. I keep trying.
I might not be the best artist around(and lets face it I'm not) But I certainly hold an important piece. imagination.

Sure you win some and lose some, But not everyone is going to be like your cousin dsn. Or is going to agree with your opinion stan.

It's all a throw of the dice. Some get lucky, others don't.

It just all depends on how imaginative the work is and how it's displayed, how it holds up etc.

So mellow out a bit. Just because you believe that the "everyones" a winner won't work.

You might fail to recognize that some of the fellow artists here are trying to encourage the other artists to understand that they are proud of the others and that they are glad to join up with the others in contests.

AQW Epic  Post #: 248
6/27/2009 14:59:35   
Stan

I think you're missing our point here.
I, at least, am glad other artists have joined and I do try to encourage them, I just have another way of doing so than Dragonbane Deathsword. My way is not even close to 'rubbing it in their faces'. If I would lose a contest and somebody told me: 'Hey, you are a winner as well.', that would in no way cheer me up or motivate me to get better. Losers are not neccesarily mentally disabled you know. Frankly, I couldn't even take the person who told me I'm a winner when I just lost serious.

I strongly disagree with your statement that you can compare an art contest to rolling dice. If I'd stopped working on my entry after five minutes I would sure have had a much lower chance to win. You can influence the outcome by the amount of time and energy you put into being creative. There's the big difference with throwing dice; it doesn't matter what you do, you can not influence the outcome.

Oh, and I never said I expected anyone to agree with my opinion. I even stated it was just my opinion. No need to tell me something I've already implied.

But really, a debate about how to treat losers when the winners haven't even been announced yet is a bit strange, isn't it? Especially if you consider that we will most likely see one winner and more than a hundred losers.

< Message edited by Stan -- 6/27/2009 15:03:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 249
6/27/2009 19:49:09   
General Axe in a sack

Wow I feel sorry for those who have to judge this contest. I got so bored I didnt even read an entire page of posts before beginning to fall asleep. My only hope is someone suggested a hand mounted voice modulator. Something similar to the weirding modules from Dune. They would totally fit with the Drakel Magiscience theme. It could come equipped with a few basic power words to start and we could discover some new ones to power it up in the future. That would be boss!

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 250
Page:   <<   < prev  8 9 [10] 11 12   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [WarpForce] >> WarpForce General Discussion >> RE: =WF= Weapon Art Contest Discussion
Page 10 of 15«<89101112>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition