Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

MechQuest: Advanced Tactics Guide!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> MechQuest: Advanced Tactics Guide!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
9/16/2009 23:57:43   
PD

[b][size=4]DISCLAIMER:[/size] [size=4]Any Suggestion(s) that involve Rares will be THROUGHLY ignored.[/b][/size]

[hr]
[color=#330000][u][center][size=5][b]MechQuest: Advance Tactics Guide![/b][/center][/u][/color][/size]

I decided to put this guide together as a guide for higher leveled players who are left behind in the dust of all these new and improved high-level enemies. I feel a guide for these kinds of players is more necessary than a guide for new players, because leveling up is really fast and easy in Mechquest, and in that that short amount of time all the power you get can make you a little confused. Anyone can get to Level 20 or 30, but it takes real Strategy to beat Extreme Mode and breeze through challenges that make other players complain. This is for players who can’t beat Extreme Mode without NG mechs, beat new releases without the once-famous Newbatron trick, and those who find themselves confused over what to pick out of all the new weapons and toys out there.. Here you will find tips on how to use equipment, advanced house mechs, advanced stat training, how to spend ngs, beating the Kelvin challenge, and much more. Enjoy! [b]This guide is for level 20 and Above![/b] NOTE - because of player differences, I am trying not include any House, or Sepluchure/Skullcrusher strategies, sorry, but enough players have them to declare so strategies are nessessary. 

[hr]
[b]CONTENT[/b]
[b][Ch0.0]- How to use this guide 
[Ch0.1]- Useful links
[Ch1.0]- Mecha chassis
[Ch1.1]- Defaults 
[Ch2.0]- Advanced Weapons
[Ch2.1]- Advanced Terms
[Ch2.2]- Advanced weapon effects
[Ch3.0]- Advanced stat builds 
[Ch3.1]- Matching weapons and stats
[Ch4.0]- Advanced House mech builds
[Ch5.0]- Credit farming in bulk
[Ch6.0]- Advanced Battle strategy
[Ch7.0]- Planet guide
[Ch7.1]- Zargon
[Ch7.2]- Westion
[Ch7.3]- Lagos 
[Ch8.0]- Rare’s (What to keep?)
[Ch9.0]- How to spend Nova Gems
[Ch10.0]- Energy Saber Fights
[Ch11.0]- Mods (Trinkets)
[Ch12.0]- I’ve done it all
[Ch13.0]- The Extreme X challenges 
[Ch13.1]- Soluna X 
[Ch13.2]- Westion X 
[Ch13.3]- Zargon X 
[Ch13.4]- Gark X 
[Ch14.0]- Doom Harvester
[Ch15.0]- Credits
[Credits]- Progress Log[/b]

[hr]
[center][b][u][size=2][Ch0.1]- Useful links[/u][/size][/b][/size][/center]
First off, you will need these links to fully benefit from this guide. first up.......[u]

[link=http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pc7vgMbpyvPpF6x_uVAuCbQ]Ultimate MechQuest Spreadsheet[/link][/u]: Has all weapons and mechs, so if you see something here you are not familiar with, just look it up here. It also has all the Geekatron combination's, and that alone makes it incredibly use full. 

[u][link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=244]The Mechquest Encyclopedia[/link][/u]: Many players don't know about this, or are to lazy to search it. It's in Alphabetical Order, so it's easy if you know what you're looking for. If you find an enemy you can't kill, look up all its specials here and find weapons on the MechQuest Ultimate Spreadsheet to counter it.

[u][link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15800305]Mecha Stats & Stat Builds Guide[/link][/u]: Once you have played around with you're stats and found you're general build, look up some formula's here and see what numbers are most effective.

[u][link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=16005233]My Farming Guide[/link][/u]: A more in depth guide to farming for all level's. 
[hr]
[center][b][u][size=2][Ch0.0]- How to use this guide[/size] [/u][/size][/b][/center]

First off, it’s easy to search and find exactly what you need here. Just hit [b]Ctrl+F[/b] on your keyboard. Now copy and paste the chapter name and number into the text box that appears, and press enter twice. That’s you’re chapter. This guide is not for people who just started out, and you know who you are! I will not be explaining the basics, only Advanced Tips and Tricks from/for the seasoned players. So if you can’t find what you are looking for here, check out [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16658857][b]this guide[/b][/link] if you're new to this game.

[hr]
[center][b][size=2][u][Ch1.0]- Mecha Chassis[/u][/size][/b][/center]

Lets’ start this guide with the Mecha itself. The body itself is called the [b]Chassis[/b] if you didn’t know. Most high level players don’t pay attention to the body, just the looks. That’s you’re first major mistake. Chassis determine the body attack and the HP and EP values. Your weapons and stats tell what chassis to pick. For instance, High Perception and High Damage weapons, with high EP costs might tell you to find a body with a high Regen and EP to dominate the field. In that case, an [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14565582]Advanced Hawk[/link] (Or its higher leveled Versions) might be right up you’re in House Runehawk. Most of the time, the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15464351]Geekatron body[/link] (And its higher-leveled versions of course) is your best bet, preferably the Nova Gem version, but the Star Captain or Non-Star Captain versions are just a little below the Nova Gem versions. These are relatively cheap, and have excellent Health, Regen, and Energy Point values, and, they have a pretty good body attack that mixes well with any strategy. The only drawback - that they have no weapons, but you can substitute your own anyway, or some weapons some Zargon. Some interesting mecha bodies that build great strategies, are the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15710552]Brutal Alpha Wolf[/link] (And its other Versions), the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15710469]Assault Anchorman[/link] (And other Versions), and the House Bodies. The Anchormans lower stun resistance, making great foundations for stun builds. The Advanced House Mechs have a variety of Super-Powerful effects, and make excellent additions to most, if not all strategies. The Arthurian Wolves from lagos have a great variety of specials that cover many areas, so a few modification's can make any strategy.  The important thing about bodies, is that they have high cool downs, try not to use them unless you are in a pinch. There are exceptions, however. For instance, take the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15030047]Hunter Wraith[/link]. It has an attack that heals for 160 hp. Now, you make think that's great, but it has a cool down of 5 turns. So If you use it when you have less than 100 hp, you have to wait 5 turns. Trust me, the heal never lasts long. Now, if you use it at the third turn into the battle, you will have it later, when you really need it. Its up to you to decide when a weapon should be used. 

[hr]
[center][b][size=2][u][Ch1.1-Defaults][/u][/size][/b][/center]

Defaults are key to any great strategy, and when used right can be devastating. Even Geeketrons have some great defaults, even though you have to buy most of them separate. Defaults often have effects that can only be found on that mech, and they also have chain strategies the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15261744]Snow Mecha[/link] had a great head attack that stun enemies that attacked it, but most enemies have a stun Resistance. However, the Arms had a special that lowered “Freeze” immobility resistance and allowed the enemy to be frozen for entire battles. Often, you’ll find most defaults to be perfect for the mech, but there are always a few parts that can be replaced with weapons that have better effects or more damage. Keep that in mind when deciding what kind of a strategy you want a mech to have. If you want lots of creativity, buy a Geekatron and see what combination's you can come up with. Defaults plus custom weapons is the basis of strategy in Mechquest. For instance, using the whip on the equinox mech severely drains energy, but energy drains are determined by stun resistance.  A few stun resistance lowering weapons and some energy DoT's......and BOOM! you have a strategy. If there isn't at least one default that is unique or overpowered on a mech, its not worth getting. So far, I've yet to see that on a high level mech, so were good there. Mechs with lots of great defaults are the overpowered owning mechs you hear about, such as the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15615147]War Ram[/link] and [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15767934]Clown Mechs[/link]. 

[hr]
[center][b][size=2][u][Ch2.0]-Advanced Weapons[/u][/size][/b][/center]

When you get to the higher level’s, you will find weapons with effects that seem so awesome there often to good not to grab. By all means grab them, but don’t forget that all-important strategy. All advanced weapons have effects, that’s a given. Things to consider when deciding what weapon to use are how often said effect triggers, how much it influences the battle, and how long the effect lasts. If you have all your mech parts set up to nerf the enemy to the ground, equipping an arm that stuns fro 4 turns won’t help if you don’t have a stun lowering weapon. Also, just because weapons are a few levels below you, it doesn’t mean they are useless. The damage difference for weapons is only 2-3 damage per level. The effects of most weapons transcend damage, even 5 levels later. For instance, the Rare [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14784415]Web Cannon[/link] Arm from the opening of the Zargon Preview is still being used by level 30 characters today. The ability to disable 2 or even 3 weapons in one turn, and bonus damage is too good to turn down. 

[hr]

[center][b][u][size=2][Ch2.1]- Advanced Terms[/u][/size][/b][/size][/center]

Here are some terms that some more seasoned players commonly use:

Attack Bonus - Accuracy
Defense Nerf - Means to Lower Defense
Bonus Nerf - To Nerf Attack Bonus
Damage/Boost Nerf - To Lower Damage
Crit - Critical Hit
Buff - to make something stronger 

More Terminology can be found [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15938516][b]here[/b][/link].
[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch2.2]-Advanced Weapon Effects[/u][/center][/size][/b]

Here are some weapon effects that you won’t see at lower levels. These weapons are often holiday or event rares, so get them when you can. These bad boys go way beyond normal stuns and DOT’s: 

[u]Destroyer Weapons[/u]: These turn parts of your opponents into scrap. Once destroyed, the weapons are taken off the combat list, and the enemy can’t use them again. [b]BE WARNED[/b] - these weapons are great, but useless on mechs that are un-equippible or not buy able. They only give a Critical Chance Increase, which is really nothing next to destroying weapons. However if you add a damage boost, that's another strategy. 

[u]Booster Combo Weapons[/u]: These weapons are Multi Hitting that gain power for each shot hit, in exchange for accuracy or power nerfs next turn. If all shots land, these weapons can deal damage equal to 3 times their level. Add a power boost and some accuracy training, these babies take off half of an enemy’s hp in one round. There are a few Nova Gems ones that give boosts without the accuracy or boost nerfs. 

[u]Stun Piercers[/u]: These are the only things keeping regular old stuns alive. These start off by lowering stun resistance, and then stunning the next turn. A few can even lower stun resistance and stun at the same time. Great when double wielded. 

[u]Critical Enhancers[/u]: These weapons have normal effects until used. At the moment of attack, they raise the crit chance by a random amount. This often results in critical attacks more than fifty percent of the time. Add some damage boosts and a crit can result in almost a one hit kill. I've personally gotten as high as 281 damage with these weapons. 

[u]Stat Drainers[/u]: These are simple but devastating weapons that nerf enemies and buffs you’re self in one move. Very deadly when stacked with other stat weapons. 

[u]Wild-Shot Weapons[/u]: These are unusual weapons that receive random damage boosts on the moment of impact in the form of percent increases. This wild damage range can have you hitting anything from normal damage if the effects don’t happen to over 400 with a level 30 weapon with a 50 percent damage boost, a bonus buff and a lucky critical. 

[u]Energy DOT’s [/u]: These are normal DOT’s except they take energy instead of hp. Much more devastating than regular hp DOT’s because they often give energy back to you and mechs have much less energy than hp. Very deadly when stacked, after all, you can't attack without energy!

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch3.0]- Advanced Stat Builds [/center][/u][/size][/b]

By this level, you should have learned the basics of stats, and what they can do. Now it’s time to learn how to play you’re stats to match you’re strategy. There's lot's of cool builds, but it all boils down to 2 categories. You can super charge one stat by putting all you're stat points in one stat, or you can spread it out between 2-3 stat's. Let me start by saying that stats are very subtle, and you have put in at least 60 points for any noticeable difference at all. Any more than 3 stats makes no sense as the effects are to minuscule to notice. Even if you pick 3 stats, make sure one of them are mini stats you put point's into simply to cancel out thing, like 50 points in accuracy to counter an enemies reflex, or 50 points in luck to get an edge in Initiative. 

Let’s move on with some rumors - most people say Luck and Reflex are the only way to go. This is not necessarily true. In my style, Luck and Reflex are not as stable as other stats. Luck, Reflex and Accuracy are what I like to call - chance stats. They increase your chance of being successful in their respectful categories, but you can still fail. For instance, you can put 100 points into Reflex and this will increases you chance to doge by 10%. This may sound good; however this is only a chance to doge. You’re opponent can still hit you 100 percent of the time for the next 10 battles. Not to mention there is a lot of weapons that boost hit and nerf defense by 20-75%, basically canceling these stats. See the next category to see how to counter these. I prefer power, perception and accuracy, because power and perception are what I like to call fixed stats. If I pour 100 points into power, all of my moves will get a boost 100 percent of the time equal to 100 points of power. I use accuracy to dispel my opponent’s doge and defense boosts, as every opponent seems to have at least 30 points of reflex at higher levels. 

Not to say reflex and luck are not awesome stats, it just depends on your strategy, so don’t pour 180 points into reflex if you have a hunter wraith that depends on binge hit for energy or a wolf blade mech that you can use power for kill hits. You WILL lose a few battles due to lack of appropriate stats. It might be good to have  points in reflex or luck stats due to the first hit chances. As for efficiency, at the current level cap, it won’t save you much more energy than 5 or maybe six. Only heavily invest if you have mechs like the hunter wraith that depend heavily on energy. Don’t think it’s completely useless though. At higher levels, this stat will save you hundreds on energy costs. 

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch3.1]- Matching Weapons and Stats[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

Now that you have mastered the more subtle ways in stats, let’s get to strategy.  Unless you’ve invested all you’re points in one stat, it’s likely that it won’t impact you’re battles in a heavy way. This is where weapons become key. For instance, say I have the rare Christmas arms and the rare New Year’s head. Both of these weapons nerf damage by 75 percent when put together. Now think to yourself, should I put reflex into this? The answer is no, grasshopper. If you have all these great nerfs, having your opponent miss would make the turns spent on nerfing boost damage useless. Similarly, put lots of points into perception and then nerfing the enemies hit would make the time spent on the nerfs useless. Now a good combo would be 65 points into power and accuracy, and then use a power weapon to boost damage by 35 percent. To really make matters bad, nerf the enemies attack to increase the power difference and you’ll find you’re self winning a lot more. The key is to match weapons that strengthen you’re already strong stats. Another way to go is to do what I call half and half. For instance, nerf the enemies accuracy by say.....50 points, and then nerf his boost by 30 points. This way, his attacks that do hit hit like peanuts. An you should remember, stats are for that subtle push in the right direction or the icing on the cake, you can't really make a strategy on them alone. 
[hr]
[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch4.0]- Advanced House Mechs [/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

Many people love the Advanced House Mechs, and know how to use them quite well. However, Advanced Stat Builds require tons of tinkering and practice………..or you can just read this guide.  Let’s start with the House Wolfblade.

[hr]

[center][u][b]Wolfblade[/b][/u][/center]

The [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14565743]Advanced Wolf Blade[/link] is one of the most Power-Mad mechs ever. This mech is the equivalent of the AdventureQuest Beserker Class, doing tons of extra damage quickly. The downside is, if you don't win the first few turns, chances are, you are about to run out of Energy and HP - Fast. This tends to be an issue in Extreme Mode..... Obviously, high damage weapons and damage buff's are you're friends here. For stats, it depends on the weapons. Of course, wolf blade mechs are designed for overkill, and here is how to do such. There are several kinds of over kill. No matter what overkill you use, I would highly recommend 100 points in accuracy, at least. Wolf Blade is designed for over kill hits, so this is the best decision. 

Now, through away the Default shoulders. Yes, I know the shoulders are one of the main reasons this mech rocks so much. Trust me. If you really need it, try the Wolf shoulder in the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15711528]Lagos Salvage shop[/link]. I would use either the Dual Strikes or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]adhesive bombs[/link]. For the back arm, I would suggest using either the bat gliders for accuracy but only if you really if you really really need it, or some other rare back arm that hits like a ton of bricks. The Hook Back-Arm from the same shop also works wonders. A few points in luck for crits, and you’re all set. Just use the head, then front arm, and then wail on the unlucky opponent. With all those high damage weapons, there’s no way you won’t get at least 2 specials before the battles over. Use the bat glider or wolf shots encase the enemy nerfs you’re accuracy. 

Remember, this is just one example, the main thing is that you realize one thing; the Wolf only has one overpowered weapon, the Front default Arm. As powerful as that is, it’s not enough in this day and age. So it falls to you to implement your own power based weapons. The accuracy is so you don’t need to waste slots on boosting accuracy or lowering defense. If you are thinking of using the hand stuns on the mace, don’t bother yet. No matter how many stuns you can get off, it can’t match the power of other arms and power is what you need. They only way stuns will work on extreme mode is if you have enough 100 percent stun weapons to stun for 7 or 8 turn’s in a row, and at this point there isn’t enough of those yet. Even if you activate all the stuns and hit it up with the two turn stun from the body, you have to sacrifice to many slots to make a difference in power. Plus, many enemies have +50 stun res., and the maces only subtract 30. When you're up against an enemy with 70 stun resistance, this becomes an annoying issue. I'm all ears if you can find another strategy to use besides over kill or super stun with this mech, but I can't find any. 

Anyways, here's a good farming build for any version of the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14565743]Advanced Wolf[/link]. Should be used on Normal Mode, but Hard Mode may give some problems and Extreme Mode may kill you. 

[b]Chassis:[/b] Default
[b]Front Arm:[/b] Default
[b]Back Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15711702]Weighty Hook[/link]
[b]Front Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15512540]Dual Strikes[/link] OR [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive Bombs[/link]
[b]Back Shoulder:[/b]  [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15512540]Dual Strikes[/link] OR [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive Bombs[/link] OR [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15711804]Brutal Beta Shot[/link]
[b]Body:[/b] Default, DUH!!!!!
[b]Head:[/b] Default
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b] Just use the front arm, then head, and what ever you feel like using. I use the dual strikes for shorter attack animations when farming. Very simple and effective. Oh, and lots of points in accuracy to counter the head, and maybe the wolf shoulder, as you don't really need all those power hitters for killing regular enemies.

[center][u][b]MystRaven[/b][/u][/center]

Ah yes, the wild child her/him self. Let me start by saying, if you want stable overpowered hits, you maybe looking at the wrong place. The Advanced Raven mech is designed for wild shots and super ninja doges, plain and simple. From what I can say from firsthand experience, sometimes you can hit more than a Sepluchure mech, and sometimes you hit less than Runehawk. The main thing to do is to get weapons that compliment the body, since it’s already over-powered in itself. If you are going with damage nerfs, STOP. This is an effective waste of the body. You’re goal is to keep SmokeScreen going for as long as possible, and lay in as much heavy damage as possible. You can get damage boosters for extra power, but replacing important slots with damage nerfs will cause you to do a lot less damage. If you only rely on the shoulders for damage, what happens if it doesn't hit critical? you are stuck there with two low damage arms and a 5 turn cool down on the body left. 

For heavy damage, there are a lot of options available to chose from. Replace the head with something that buffs defense, increases power, or hits hard. I prefer a Bulk Head from Zargon, but you could try the Kelvin head for more SmokeScreen. Also, the thunder head from Zargon could make a good backup in case smoke screen fails. Replace both arms; I like weapons that increase damage, or accuracy, like the bat gliders. The wolf arms that boost critical and the anchor hooks might work, and I actually find the mugger arm from the pirate town to be pretty good at damage.If you can’t find anything, try the Gark Sniper arms. They are great for non chassis enemies (increased crit chance) and they soften up the enemies for when smokescreen is over if the enemies are chassis. Last - the shoulders, these are you’re main means for damage. I would use the Adhesive Bombs or some Dual Strikes for more stable damage, but you can use the regulars for wild shots. As for stats, I recommend all in reflex, for both initiative and SmokeScreen. Luck doesn’t do as much for you as Reflex when it comes to this mech, but it can still help critical rates. 

Here's a strategy from Speedy Fighters. It really shows the power of a Mystraven, and it uses common weapons, but very effective.

[b]Chassis:[/b]
[b]Front Arm:[/b][link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580241] Shiny Cutlass[/link]
[b]Back Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15711706]Heavy Hook[/link]
[b]Front Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15780604]Crow's Star Cannon[/link]
[b]Back Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15536857]Mega Dual Strike[/link]
[b]Body:[/b] Default
[b]Head:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14958384]Raging Bulk Blast[/link]
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b] 99 Luck/Reflex

[b]Activations/Explanation:[/b] First, use the Chassis, followed by Heavy Hook. After that, use the Head, then an Incredible Dual Strike, Use Crwo's Star Cannon, and finish it off with a Heavy Hook. Freestyle if not yet dead (although they should be at -30 H.P. by now)

This strategy for the AMR takes away an average of 143.65 DPT. even more if points have been invested in power. Plus you can mix and match different stat builds for added effects. The cutlass is for lowering defense, and comes in handy quite allot actually.

Another great build is using the gark snipers to destroy the opponents weaponry while letting the smoke screen do its job. For added effect, use the kelvin head to recharge everything and keep going until its just a body you're facing. Just wail on them with the shoulders and hes toast. The best part is when you run out of energy, the opponent should be severely crippled. This is just a fun little build I found while toying around, Its not that effective when up against extreme non chassis mechs. 

[center][u][b]Rune Hawk[/b][/u] [/center] 

Attrition is the name of the game. This mech was not made for farming, so my Runehawk character uses her mech only when I come up against a boss. Simply put, battles take to long to really get any farming done at all.  But for bosses and tough enemies, this mech can beat anything with the right strategy. If you use the body, all damage will cut in half and you will be able to stack that with damage nerfs, but you will use massive EP because of the secondary effect of the body. You could not use the body and take advantage of the high energy and forced cool down weapons to cripple enemies and blow them up piece by piece. 

Lets start with the body. If you do use the body, make sure to nerf the opponent's damage to save energy and lower the opponent damage output. Some good Bonus nerf weapons are the Lagos cannons with flash ammo. Try to grab Rare Event nerf weapons that come out every so often, as these come in handy and are pretty rare. After nerfing the enemies damage, establish energy DoT's with weapons like the energy cannon ball's from gark, spider shoulder from zargon, or the default Phantasm Shoulders. After that, get some high damage weapon's. The Mugger Guns from the Lagos pirate town come in mind, and the Pirate Hooks and Wolf Lace from the Lagos shop are also good substitutes. Another thing you can do is use the body to stall for time, and then piece meal the enemy with weapons like the Gark Sniper Arms and the default head. Once the body effect is over, the opponent should be crippled enough for you to take him apart with high damage specials like the nova shoulders from you house's NG Shop. If the enemy is non equippible, you should still be able to knock off tons of damage from the sniper secondary effect's. 

A really interesting strategy - Here’s an experimental one I’ve been trying to perfect. It takes advantage of the mechs high energy. First off, get a stun resistance lowering weapon, the experimental stun gun, and the third Kelvin head. Use the stun resistance weapons, and then the stun gun. That’s a two turn stun. Then use the Kelvin head until you get the special. Rinse and repeat for continuous two turn stuns!  Add in a front arm from the Lagos ng shop for an extreme increase in stun chances. Unfortunately due to the high energy costs of Kelvin heads and the stun guns, this only lasts for so long, even with the Rune Hawk'ss high energy composition. 

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch5.0]- Credit farming in Bulk[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

This is a short chapter for those who can’t farm everyday. You think just Knife and Spork is good at these levels? Not so, my friend. I like Gark, mainly the first pirate boss, Skipper. He's pretty easy, and the juice option heals you in the click of the button. I know you lose credits when you lose, but he’s just too easy to lose to. It’s basically the Knife and Spork for high levels. I’ll expand this section when more content comes out. Also, when farming, it’s important to go with a power setup when farming, to make battles quicker. Nothing like the hunter wraith, that will just slow you down. Something like the Advanced Wolfbalde Series, is just overkill, just overkill.  Also, Extreme Mode is useless for farming, no matter what anyone says. Its basically 3 battles in one for 200 extra credits and much more strategy. Not worth it for farming. Over kill, that's the game. Mystraven and wolfblade mechs work wonders here with a few damage boosts and high damage weapons. For Runehawks rare mechs and really any mech with lots of modifications such as dual strikes and damage boost can work just as well. 

For more Tips on how to Farm, visit [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16005233]Venturer's Farming Guide[/link].
[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch6.0]- Advanced Battle Strategy[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

Now for the bulk of how to win in Extreme Mode. I can’t explain or stress this enough, MATCH AND STREAMLINE EVERYTHING! To many people like to just use whatever new flashy weapon comes out or deck their mechs out in overpowered Nova Gem equipment. This is why the even the Sepluchure mech fails as much as any other mech in the extreme Kelvin Challenges. It has all these effects all over the place.  There’s no real strategy, activate some status effects and see what happens. You have to pick and choose what weapons to use. For instance, if you're using a Sepluchure Chassis, if you want a Power Build, keep the Front Shoulder, and replace everything else with power boosts and some defense reductors. Then Head + Body + Damage Boosting Weapon= a Foolproof strategy. Always keep Stats in line with your strategy. Having a boost-Nerf Mech and then pouring everything into Reflex because its “Uber” makes no sense at all. When every aspect of your character is focused on one or two things , you’ll find you win allot more. Also, make sure to pay attention to defaults, this helps a lot, sometimes even more than the Health and Energy totals of a mecha.                         
[hr]
[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch7.0]- Planet Guides[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

Since you are such a high level player, no need for me to coach you through each planet. I’ll just give you some pointers. It’s important to note that farming the various mechs on each planet is good practice for finding their weakness, so when the Kelvin challenges come up, you are well prepared. 
[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch7.1][/center][/u][/size][/b] [u]Zargon[/u]

[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15487181]Here's[/link] a guide to progress through the storyline if you need it, otherwise, a few tips:

1) You will get angry more than once. The mechs here are really nasty, and have very specialized attacks. For the Incredulous Bulk, nerf his Attack Bonus. The others don’t really have weaknesses. The Kelvin heads comes in handy for the The Astounding Archanid however. High accuracy and defense lowering weapons are key the quick flash and bat mechs, and try to nerf the attack of ol' Batsy do he doesn’t heal so much.

2) Bring mechs with high Health and Energy totals. There are quests that require battling with Multiple Opponents without the convenient healing. Some of these quests also have drops that give Valuable weapons! 

3) Learn to use the Geekatrons. They are incredibly useful. 
[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch7.2][/center][/u][/size][/b] [u]Westion[/u]

[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15704171]Here's[/link] a guide if you need help with the Storyline, but a few tips of the wise:

1) Not many good weapons here, so do it at early levels or when you want to see the story. But the Higher level weapons from Part 2 are worth it and up for grabs.
2) The Drakel Power Mecha is great practice for advanced strategy. Steampunks are also invaluable for Customization.
3) There are Lots of Energy Saber Fights, so bring a good Energy Blade with you, or else you might find yourself in a sticky situation.

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][CH7.3][/center][/u][/size][/b] [u]Lagos [/u]

A Walkthrough if you need Storyline Help: [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15696794]Planet Gark and Lagos Walkthrough[/link]. Some tips to help you:

1) Don’t use combo strategies so much, Like the Geeketrons, as pirates have a nasty yet, incurable habit of Disabling or even Blowing mecha parts off. 

2) If you can, bring a Non-Equipable mech with you. They work wonder against pirates, especially the Quickflash mechs. 

3) Kelvin heads plus all defaults also work great, as they can restore usage to disabled weapons.

4) Make sure to grab a few weapons from the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580524]Credit Shops[/link] or the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580541]Nova Gem Shops[/link] while you were on Gark, as they are quite good here. 

[hr]
[b][size=2][center][Ch8.0]- [u]Rare’s (What to keep?)[/u][/i][/center][/size][/b]

This for those of you who don’t collect rares like a rich guy with nothing else to do. When deciding what to keep, don’t make the mistake of throwing away weapons just because you made it to a new level. Most Holiday and Event Releases have weapons that have over the top specials that will most likely never be replicated. Damage doesn’t change much between levels. Specials make a weapon more than anything else. There’s always a weapon in every holiday event that is just too good to pass up. The trick is to gather these weapons and piece them together into an unstoppable Death Machine. 

[hr]
[b][size=2][center][u][Ch9.0]- How to spend Nova Gems [/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

A touchy topic. I don’t want to lose MQ money, so I’ll tread lightly here. In any case, always research what you are buying before you buy it. If it’s something new, wait a few hours and then check the forums to see the general reaction. I find rare mechs are over-powered, but soon are outdated. Not always true, but it depends on when you're next batch of Nova Gems are coming.  The same goes for Non-Rare Nova Mechs. If you really insist, then try to buy the first rare Nova Gem Mocha when the level cap was is released. That should last you until the next cap raise. Weapons are another story. Rare Nova Gem weapons are extremely powerful, and should be bought whenever possible. Most of the time they last for 10, even 15 levels. So, in short Nova Gem mechs are So-So and Nova Gem weapons rock da' house! 
[hr]

[b][size=2][u][center][Ch10.0]- Energy Saber Fights[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

No real strategy here, for now at least. If you want to learn more about them: [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15762979]Energy Blades, Fights, and Uniforms [/link]
[hr]

[b][size=2][center][u][Ch11.0]- Mods (Trinkets)[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

Not much here, just use them as the cherry-on-top if you find one of your Stats lacking. I use one for power if I want to hit hard, or one for reflex if I want to dodge attacks a lot. We also now have Health and Energy mods in the fray as well. :)

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch12.0]- I’ve done it all[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

So, you’ve done it all. Now what? Well my child, there’s still a lot to do:

[u]PvP[/u]: (AKA, Player Vs. Player) I prefer battling mods in PvP to try out new strategies, and catch them in new mechs once in a while. You could also check the level 30 section of the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=11595673][b]Player PvP ID Thread[/b][/link] for a challenge. Here are a couple Game Staff and Mods you can Battle in your spare time: 

Warlic (Evil Jim) - 2
Korin - 304236
Maegywn - 2464
Blues - 136077 
Rolith - 16
J6 - 6
Thyton - 8

You can find other Staff members from the other AE games as well - just punch in random ID's until you think you found them all!

[u]Kelvin challenges[/u]: There are also the Kelvin challenges now. Once you’re finished, go through it again for different combos.

[u]Strategize with Challenges[/u]: I use the time to try different things and make new strategies. It’s fun and challenging. For a real challenge, try Lagos at extreme. It's the ultimate test of strategy.

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch13.0]- The Extreme Challenges[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

This is it soldier, the hardest challenge since …….well since ever. These enemies make the Doom Harvester look like Child's Play. Now, I think it should be said I am only including strategies up to level 40, as this Challenge was meant for level 30 Star Captains, and I am not going to update this really long sub guide every time new equipment comes out. Plus, a level 40 Star Captain should have no troubles with this. 

Here are the types of weapons that will be the difference between winning and Losing:

[u]High damage specials[/u]: These will be you’re bread and butter in strategy. MOST MECH BUILDS WILL HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF THESE EQUIPPED AT ALL TIMES. A few to look for the gark shoulders, or the dual strikes for wild shots. The mugger arms from the pirate town also are very good, despite being mainly used for .......you know, mugging.

[u]Nerf specials[/u]: These come in all sorts of forms, from the doom harvester heads to the sniper body. Look up down for these, but only if you don’t have the Christmas arms. If you do have these, don’t bother. They will be all you need. 

[u][link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15165272]The Web Walker Head[/link][/u]: A MUST HAVE! Very useful for the stun scythes in the soluna x challenges. You can increase you’re stun resistance by 100, regardless of weather it hits or not. You can pick one up on Zargon during the spider quest. Need luck to get it though. 

[u]Stun weapons[/u]: You’ll need stun resistance lowering weapons. Most of these are rares however. If you do have these, slap on a stun weapon or two any you become one annoying mech to kill, especially if you have a damage boost. 

[u]Boost weapons[/u]: these are essential. Most if the good ones are rares. But a few such as the thunder hammer head are still available. 

[u]DoT weapons[/u]:There are some enemies that crush you're attack capabilities into dust with nerf's. This is where DoT weapons come in handy, as they are not really affected by nerf's. Some to look for are the cluster arms from Zargon. 

[u]Overall Strategies[/u]: These builds are for the first two Challenges - Soluna X and Westion X. They don't need rares, but require a lots of luck , which I really don't like, but you could just keep using them until they work.

Here are some Helpful Builds to use in the Extreme Challenges:

[b]Chassis:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15647754]Pirate Sniper[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16378884]SharpShooter[/link], whichever is closer to your level
[b]Front Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554537]Mystery[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554607]Puzzling[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554608]Enigmatic[/link] Frontgun OR, [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16427450]E3 VH91F[/link], OR [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15971688]Bloodthirsty Slicer OC 2x [/link]
[b]Back Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554523]Mystery[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554609]Puzzling[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554611]Enigmatic[/link] Backgun
[b]Front Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15997866]8 Shotguns[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15953862]Jones'[/link] Bombs
[b]Back Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15997866]8 Shotguns[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15953862]Jones'[/link] Bombs
[b]Body:[/b] Default, DUH!!!!!!
[b]Head:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14920989]Thunder Head[/link]
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b] 99 Efficiency/Reflex or 50% (Of total Stat Points) Efficiency/Luck

[b]Activations/Explanation:[/b]

First, Use the Body, then the Head right Afterwards, followed by the Back Arm, to prepare a Stun. Then, use the Front Arm, followed by the Use the Front or Back Shoulders Consecutively for Extremely Heavy Damage. The Back Arm is ready, so then, fire the Back arm for a nearly Guaranteed Stun. Rinse-N-Repeat! 

[b]Chassis:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15514024]Superstar Geekatron Quadrupled[/link]
[b]Front Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15971688]Bloodthirsty Slicer OC 2x [/link]
[b]Back Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15512506]Superstar Clusters[/link]
[b]Front Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15512591]SuperStar Rail Blaster[/link]
[b]Back Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15512540]Superstar Dual Strike[/link]
[b]Head:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15512619]Superstar Scanner Blade[/link]
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b] 50% Efficiency/ 50% Reflex

First, FS -> Head -> Body, to Activate the Attack Bonus Reduction, Followed by BA -> Head -> Body, Followed by use in Order BS -> Head -> Body to Activate the Healing Combo, then, use the Front Arm to Increase The Healing effect. to Make your Build Nearly undisturbed to Heal 51 HP for 5 Turns Undisturbed, to the Total of 255 HP Healed Undisturbed, increasing Survivability significantly during the Battle!

In Order of Usage: FS -> Head -> Body -> BA -> Head -> Body

[b]Chassis:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15903632]Raging Bull[/link]
[b]Front Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15903749]Raging Bullrush Bash[/link]
[b]Back Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15904837]Raging Bullmill[/link]
[b]Front Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15997866]8 Shotguns[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15953862]Jones'[/link] Bombs
[b]Back Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15997866]8 Shotguns[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15953862]Jones'[/link] Bombs
[b]Head:[/b] Default/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=14920989]Thunder Head[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16390504]Lethal Orboret[/link]
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b] 50% Reflex/Power

[b]Activations/Explanation:[/b] First, use the Head, followed by the Front Arm. After the Front Arm, use the Body to Nerf the Opponent to easier levels to deal with. Then, use the Back Arm, then Fire the Front and Back Shoulders Consecutively for High Damage!

In Order of Usage: Head -> FA -> Body -> BA -> FS/BS -> FS/BS -> Repeat

Now for the [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15871210]Corsair Navigator[/link] mech. If you have the Nova Gems to Burn, this a very helpful mech with many different themes to suit many tastes of style, and it makes an excellent base for untouchable and DoT setups. 

[b]Chassis:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15871210]Corsair Navigator[/link]
[b]Front Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16427451]E3 QH91F [/link]
[b]Back Arm:[/b] Default
[b]*Front Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15997866]8 Shotguns[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15953862]Jones'[/link] Bombs
[b]*Back Shoulder:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15997866]8 Shotguns[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15580176]Adhesive[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15953862]Jones'[/link] Bombs
[b]Head:[/b] Default
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b]

First, use the Head, Then Body, then Front Arm, followed by the Back Arm. After the Back Arm, use the Front and Back Shoulders Consecutively for High Damage!

In Order of Usage: Head -> Body -> FA -> BA -> FS/BS -> FS/BS -> Repeat  

[size=1]*If You Have the Nova Gems (Assuming you are a Heavy Gem Buyer, because you had the Nova Gems to Get This Mecha, you can use the ShS Trog [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16458790]FSX30[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16458861]BSX30[/link] for the Shoulders.[/size]

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch13.1]- Soluna X[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

[u]Challenge one -[/u] This is nothing, just a Gummy Bear, with no fancy specials whatsoever. If you really can’t beat it, just buy the ghost trap and use that. It works.

[u]Challenge’s 2-5 - [/u]Nothing special here, just normal monsters with entra HP/EP. Just follow the strategy tips and you’ll be fine. 

[u]Challenge 6 -[/u] Some people have trouble with the velocimecha and his critical's, don’t know why. Just nerf his damage down or use the thunder hammer head for defense if you have no rares. If you are really desperate, use the sniper body with the doom harvester head for dodge and arms/shoulders for high damage.   

[u]Challenge 7 - [/u]Just use whatever strategy you were using before, but add a web walker head for stuns if you don't have high stun resistance or a good accuracy nerf build. 

[u]Challenge 8 - [/u]This is one of the hardest challenges in the game. Over 900 Hp. Multiple specials. The ability to stun at anytime. This bad boy packs a wallop. Let’s get to it then. 

[b]Chassis:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15647754]Pirate Sniper[/link] or [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16378884]SharpShooter[/link], whichever is closer to your level
[b]Front Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554537]Mystery[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554607]Puzzling[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554608]Enigmatic[/link] Frontgun OR, [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16427450]E3 VH91F[/link], OR [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15971688]Bloodthirsty Slicer OC 2x [/link]
[b]Back Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554523]Mystery[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554609]Puzzling[/link]/[link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16554611]Enigmatic[/link] Backgun
[b]Head:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15165272]The Web Walker Head[/link]
[b]Modifier/Stat build:[/b] 99 Efficiency/Reflex or 50% (Of total Stat Points) Efficiency/Luck

Activations: Body -> Head -> BA -> FA ->FS/BS -> BA -> FS/BS -> Repeat.  

your main objective in this strategy is to make sure that the enemy can't hit you (Body). If he can, he won't be able to if he's stunned (BA).  We want some weapons to help to us, or do bad things to him (Head) and then we just keep on going with everything else. The bad thing about this strategy is that it relies on him not hitting you, and it takes a lot of luck for the specials to go off.

[u]Challenge 9 - [/u]Just use the above strategies, except just replace the web walker with the doom harvester head. If the accuracy nerf is giving you problems, just use a bat glider arm for its echo location special, a common favorite the wolf shoulder from lagos.

[u]Challenge 10- Reconnascythe[/u]
Same as above, just swap back in the web walker head for those pesky stuns. Try to nerf his accuracy. It cripples him. Attack nerf's are also good in a pinch. Once again, you may want to pack a wolf shoulder for good measure, but them you may not be able to out damage him.

[u]Challenge 11- Decimator[/u]

[b]Front Arm:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=16427450]E3 VH91F[/link]
[b]Head:[/b] [link=http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=15165272]The Web Walker Head[/link]

This is tough. Not only do you have to counter the Attack Bonus Nerf and a Purely Evil EP DoT, but it Decimation as well. For the Decimation, just use the Body and Front Arm just before the 600 hp mark. You’ll probably only take 1/2 of the damage you normally would. Unforutnately, there's Not much else you can do because the fact using rares is not the option. I’ll update this as I get more strategies and as more permanent content is released. 

[u]Challenge 12 - [/u]Honestly, the biggest letdown of a Final Boss. Ever. The Decimator should have been the final boss, not this wimp. No individual strategy necessary. 

[hr]
[b][size=2][u][center][Ch13.2]- Westion X[/i][/center][/u][/size][/b]

This is a lot easier than Soluna. You should be able to breeze past this no problem. Try the sniper build, or the geekatron heal combo with high damage arms or shoulders, but I have a few tips if you really need help.

[u]Firemane[/u] - If those energy drains have you down, just equip you’re web walker head. Ep drains are controlled by stun resistance. Her specials kind of suck. Just nerf her attack down and you’re done. 

[u]Mr. Z and Maria13[/u] - One, do not try to ninja these guys with Bonus Nerfs. They both high accuracy, as well as specials that lower defense. Damage nerfs are the way to go on these two challenges, as Maria loves Critical Hits like ice-cream. You may want to try the Kelvin head from Soluna X for Mr. Z, as he likes to occasionally disable you weapons. Two, DECIMATOR IS USELESS HERE. As one of my forumites so nicely put it, Mr. Z eats Decimators for breakfast. Not much else, these enemies are the hardest you will ever face here.

[u]Ants/Scorpion[/u] - These guys have no specials; just use what got you here in the first place.

[u]Monster worm[/u] - Again, no specials, super easy. 

[u]Sheriff Bronco[/u] - This guy is actually easier than the enemies without specials. Not only will he stun himself with those two arms, he’ll damage himself! Don’t try damage nerfs however; he won’t damage himself as much. 

[u]Kheal Snake[/u] - This one can give some trouble. If you really have some trouble with the body stun, use the old web walker. Damage nerfs will not work as well as on other enemies, as he has a few DoT’s and those shoulders can hit hard. Accuracy nerfs are best. 

[u]EC01/EC02/EC03[/u] - These guys require a little tweaking for each one, so pay attention. 

For the EC01, he only has a small defense buff of 1 every time he is hit. This includes DoT’s and multi hit weapons, so stick to single hit power weapons (Or Defense Reductors) if he’s giving trouble. Otherwise, just stick to any strategy. 

For the EC02, he gets a plus five defense buff, but it doesn’t stack. Just pour some points into accuracy before the battle (Or equip a defense reductor), and you’ll be fine. He also has a higher critical chance on his last hit, in that case, you may want to lower his Attack Bonus.

The EC03 can stun, so you use the web walker head for no surprises. He also lowers defense, so accuracy nerfs are not so good here. His damage nerf can easily be overshadowed by your own ,so go with boost nerfs. 

[u]Dragyron[/u] - This one’s a little tough. His damage reflection and extreme DoT will kill you if the battle drags on. The geekatron regeneration combination provided in this guide works wonders here.  Try to over kill it with High Damage Weapons. The sooner the battle is over the less you have to worry about.

[hr]

[b][size=2][u][center][Ch13.3]- Zargon X[/center][/u][/size][/b]
This one is particularly nasty, because you have to face you’re enemies twice, so make sure to perfect you’re moves.  

[u]Quick flash [/u] - The only thing to worry about here is the accuracy nerf. The bat gliders some in handy here, as the basically cancel it out, but the gark head works here, but it has no damage, so………..Just pick one. You could also try the wolf shoulder from Lagos. You could also just lower his defense. It all depends on what weapon slot you’re willing to give up. He also has a few points in reflex, but not enough to really make a difference.   

[u]Incredulous Bulk [/u]

This guy hits like TWO tons of bricks. No really, this guy makes the real hulk look like a nerd. First, he lowers accuracy, so be prepared. Trust me, YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO MISS WITH THIS GUY. Grab one of the accuracy weapons mentioned before, or the ones that lower defense if you’re in House Mystraven. Now next is his attack. Not only does he over charge almost every move and have massive power stats, but he has the wolf blade berserk special, as well as a Massive Annialation Special that does a ridiculous amount of damage if you aren't prepared. Yep, he gets a gradual power boost. So, Attack Bonus Nerfs are best here. The Advanced Mystraven/Sniper body specials are literally death to this guy. Start with that, and by the time the effect runs out, he’ll be in the Attack Bonus Nerf/power boost stage of hi move. Just keep it up with the doom harvester/new year’s head, and by the time those run out, the sniper/mystraven body will be ready. If he still does to much damage, the mugger arm/heavy hook/wolf lance works great in combination here for you're main damage. Remember, if you only go for Damage Nerfs, HE WILL OWN YOU LIKE A DOLL HERE. Even with a 75 percent damage nerf, this guys still hits in the 100's. 

[u]Amazing Arachnid -[/u] This guy is the biggest cheater next to the Lagos Pirate mechs. He just spams web balls that block 2 or 3 weapon slots for 3 turns. I mean it; this guy can jam every slot in 2 turns. Thankfully, Ultimate Supremacy has once again saved us today. Remember that head we got from Westion (AKA, Kelvin 50)? Try it here, it has a 50% chance to cool down your weapons, and can recharge all other weapons. Try to get weapons that work well in no particular order, nothing like the geeketron combos, more like nerfs that don’t have a turn order to use, as he will disrupt them in an orderly fashion. 

[u]Bat Mecha [/u]- First off, grab the Defense Reductors/Bonus Buffers for his attack that lowers your bonus. The only other thing here is his special healing move. You can nerf his bonus so he doesn’t heal, or you can nerf his attack do he doesn’t heal as much. I prefer the damage nerf since it requires less luck. It may take a few tries with this one, that healing move is real annoying. 

[u]Thunder hammer[/u] - What an annoying enemy. Hover scythe stuns + energy Dot + Combo Damage Punches = a lot of trouble. Luckily, there’s a simple way to deal with this. Just nerf his attack bonus or increase your defense. Most of his attacks depend on him being able to hit you twice in a row. Make it hard to hit and his combos are useless. His energy DoT is another story however. It drains you’re energy completely right before you’re about to finish him, and it has a 100 percent chance to happen. It’s a pain. I would suggest Ultimate supremacy’s tip and use low level weapons that do high damage. These take less Eneregy and still hit hard. Energy drains like the energy cannon heads can effectively cancel the Energy DoT. 

[u]Universo Body Parts[/u]These guys are tough. They nerf bonus and defense, disable weapons, and heal. Accuracy Nerf are useless, he lowers defense. Use an accuracy raising weapon for his bonus nerf, and the Kelvin-50 Head for his disabling special. Nerfing his attack should take care of his Vampire attacks. Keep the effects up, and he’ll fall. Remember, he combines all of Zargon’s best effects, so be careful. I'm still trying to find a good build for this guy, but hes just to dam random. 

[hr]

COMING SOON
I still need to add more things for this guide that I could not get at the time. Here are a few of them[s]
1)     A nice doom harvester build[/s]
2)	A strategy for Gark X that doesn’t rely on luck.
[s]3)	More Mecha builds for the extreme challenges. [/s]

[hr]

[b][u][size=2][Ch14.0]- Doom Harvester[/u][/size][/b][/size]

The first thing you should know about this guy is the reward is the most useful non rare head in the game, save for the kelvin heads. Two things make this battle as epic as the head. One, his stats. over 500 stat points total on the level 28 version. The house mechs work perfect here. He has high perception and accuracy plus a defense nerf special, so reflex buff's and hit nerfs aren't that effective. Power nerfs are slightly more effective, but his DoT's take away from that. Energy drains work well, especially a rune hawk build. Make sure to pack a wolf shot or a bat glider for his demoralizing move. Hit it up with power buffs from a wolfblade or mystraven mech, but make sure a defense nerf is on him at all times if you are in wolf blade. If you are in rune hawk, activate the body shield and start DoT's and ep drains. Replace the head with a huge energy cannon ball from gark, or the default head can work just as well. Once he's nerfed wail on him dual strikes from mystraven (defaults are to unpredictable), arms from wolfblade (default front arm and heavy hook), or just continue draining ep if you are in rune hawk.  Remember, you have to have high power and accuracy, because his stats and special's will leave you hitting for peanuts otherwise. Then he will just outlast you with his superior hp. 

[hr]
[center][b][u][size=2][Ch15.0]- Credits[/u][/size][/b][/size][/center]

Thanks to the Contributions made by these people, this guide was Made Possible: [b]Blues, Pryonix15, Speedy Fighters, The Game, and Ultimate Supremacy (Now Known as Fisto ^_^)[/b]. 

[b]Pyronix15's Credits:[/b]
[size=1][i]
Pyronix15 (Battle guru of mechquest) - This smexy smart cool awesome guy is in charge, and works really hard. Not to mention he single handed wrote this guide from scratch. 
Blues (The power behind the legend (me)) - Everyone who wants change needs someone with influence. My political hammer is blues. 
Ultimate Supremacy (Veteran nova gem general) - This guy has the know how and the weaponry to blow anything out of his way. He’s also responsible for a great deal of my Mecha builds and tips. 
Venturer90 (Helper dude that should have been an ak by now XD)- really helpful, and he reminded me to edit this, and gave me a tip on the table of contents.
Speedy Fighters (name sayz it all[;)]) - awesome dude, and gave a few tips on using alternate weapons to rares. [/i][/size]

[hr]

[center][b][u][size=2][Credits]- Progress Log[/u][/size][/b][/size][/center]

[b]9/16/09:[/b] I take on Guide after Pyronix mysterious stopped updating it.
[b]9/26/09:[/b] Updated and Spellchecked ENTIRE Guide. Going Through Approval now. PMing Pyronix on the Change.
[b]9/29/09:[/b] Guide has been Approved!
[b][/b]
[b][/b]

< Message edited by Terosin -- 10/17/2009 19:49:45 >
Post #: 1
9/26/2009 22:30:30   
Pyronix15

Nice. =P

I guess it was only matter of time, good luck!

I'll still help when I can thuogh.

Um, the only thing is, can you add in subsection on what each buff section is?

For instance, I always get boost and attack bonus mixed up, I know one is for accuracy, and one is for damage.

A subsection on that would be great.

I guess this is great cause now I can work more on my art and you can update the guide.
AQ MQ  Post #: 2
9/27/2009 18:16:23   
PD

Pyronix15: Done.
Post #: 3
9/27/2009 21:30:10   
Pyronix15

wow, you added links to all the pedia entries!

btw, blues and maes id's.

Blues: 136077
Mae: 2464

Anyway, great job so far!

Anyway, just to clarify, is the attack bonus stat for damage or accuracy? Which one is for accuracy?

I can't remember, so I never added them myself.=p
AQ MQ  Post #: 4
9/28/2009 21:44:25   
The Game
Pegasus Overlord

All looks good and in order. Approved.
AQ  Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest Guides >> Pending Guides >> MechQuest: Advanced Tactics Guide!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition