Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The Ultimate New Art for AQ Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate New Art for AQ Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 15«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/18/2010 18:31:53   
Dev
The Reckoning

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but the Shadowfire Knight could sure use some new art. It isn't quite as...well, old-looking as some others that have been previously mentioned, but is still a possibility.
AQ AQW  Post #: 101
3/20/2010 19:59:16   
jkornblatt

personally, i think the djinn art is really outdated
AQ  Post #: 102
3/21/2010 1:03:39   
FiendBane

Elder vampire and vampire could use some sleek and scary art.

They've been looking like that since the start of the game, too.
AQ DF  Post #: 103
3/21/2010 3:13:28   
Dark Chronos

All the Elemental Demons (Not ArchDemon.), Rogues, Mages, and Fighters (Knights included just because when you fight them, the graphics are just....UGH.), Armors worn when mounting things (Like the Frostval Dragon.) and uh....Amazons should get a graphics update.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 104
3/22/2010 8:37:21   
Affinity

Sneak and Guardian Angel could get some new art too.
AQ  Post #: 105
3/22/2010 15:01:02   
Dark Chronos

Also, invest in making art for Minotaurs, Trolls and Goggs. ;-D
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 106
3/23/2010 0:44:03   
Necrophades

The Goggs already got new art recently. They looked a lot worse before.

I still think Reign and Asguardian plates need some cleaning up. The helmet for Reign looks way off the character's face, and the animations for both sets could be brought up to current quality. I think they basically need the same touch-ups that Wyrm gave to things like Sphinx and Shivites. They don't need to be completely redrawn, just edited to look fresh. The original artist (whoever he/she is) was actually a lot better and put a lot more work into those armors than previous artists had put into this game. They were basically the prototypes for the current art style, but they are beginning to show age.

I still haven't seen Shadow or Golden, but I think Golden is newer, so it doesn't need to be bothered with right now. Shadow probably has the same age problems.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 107
3/23/2010 5:06:12   
BlackAces

I think IceFall could use an update it could look better.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 108
3/23/2010 6:23:51   
My Name is Jake
Banned

Guests like Artix and Warlic, I think they should look like they do when they are not being used as guests when they are guests.
AQW Epic  Post #: 109
3/23/2010 10:45:39   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

quote:

The helmet for Reign looks way off the character's face...Shadow probably has the same age problems.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on both counts Necrophades. The helmet for Reign actually replaces the players head with the head wearing the helmet. If you mean that the helm rides low on the face I'm fairly certain that it's meant to be that way as it's supposed to protect the wearers face and head. Shadow holds it's own in the looks and animation department quite nicely. I don't feel a need to touch those armours quite yet but certainly in the future they may get a spit polish.

quote:

they basically need the same touch-ups that Wyrm gave to things like Sphinx and Shivites

Have to give credit where credit's due. I'm not the artist that handled either of those cleanings. To be quite honest I'm not sure who did, most likely Irolustre or the Hollow.

quote:

art for Minotaurs

Check and check! Soon my pretty, soon. The minotaurs hold a special place in my heart and I'll see them done up nice and proper. It's certainly on my list of monsters to sprucify.

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 110
3/23/2010 14:53:42   
Biae

Wyrm, I mentioned in another thread about how badly Willow Creek needed an art-touch-up. I really think the quest and characters need it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 111
3/23/2010 15:41:21   
Ubear

Oh that was the first quest I ever done, Willow Creek. And I leveled to 130 there :)
I wouldn't mind if it didn't get an art update, just for nostalgia

*MUNCH* Your sig contains an advertisement. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ Epic  Post #: 112
3/23/2010 15:43:31   
saiyen

Guess who`s back.

well i personally like old art better, reminds you of the good old times. wouldn`t actually mind giving some monster`s old art work.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 113
3/23/2010 15:46:23   
Necrophades

I have looked at Shadow again, mostly through YT videos. I don't own the armor, so I wasn't really saying for sure if it needed any work. It does hold up well, but that is mostly because the armor barely moves at all. In fact, Shadow doesn't move in the slightest except when it's hit. It just morphs into a cloud of black smoke and attacks that way. Granted, its a very well-done animation, and the armor is well-drawn because it is done as one piece. If it had any joints or pivots, it would not have looked as good because the artists just weren't quite ready to make joints for armors that detailed at the time.

What bothers me about Reign is not its art, but its animation. It moves quite rickety and has the movement of older armors. Again, the artist put more effort into that plate than others before him/her. The helmet is not off the character's face in the manner you described. What I meant was that it doesn't quite conform to the angle at which you see the head. Though the head comes with the helmet, it doesn't really fit into it right. Its like the helmet is turned at an odd angle, and the eyes are not quite centered on the nose piece.

Really, I consider these to be low-priority, since this is an armor that will take a long time to get. Lower level items should come before, since they will be seen first. I just think that any changes that Reign needs are very minor (from an artistic standpoint) and wouldn't require a lot of editing.

< Message edited by Necrophades -- 3/23/2010 23:15:10 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 114
3/23/2010 15:54:54   
Yubel
Banned

Golden set of leagacy. But its rare, dunno it needs an update.
Post #: 115
3/23/2010 15:55:59   
Randomnity

I rather like the animations of Shadow and Reign and felt they were very well done. The same goes with the actual armors, very nicely made. But to each their own.
AQ  Post #: 116
3/23/2010 15:56:02   
Necrophades

Golden Set of Legacy has its old art on purpose. Its supposed to look old. Lord Barrius seems to have a personal beef with that armor, though. I believe he said something similar to "I'd rather it not exist", but not in quite so abrasive a manner.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 117
3/23/2010 15:57:09   
Yubel
Banned

The roc's art doesn't suck, but it could be done better.

< Message edited by Yubel -- 3/23/2010 16:01:59 >
Post #: 118
3/23/2010 16:01:02   
Necrophades

Don't dis The Rock's artistic side. His movies are awesome.

Joking. It's spelled The Roc by the way. Amusingly, the Roc has already been updated once. It's a very old monster, and it got an art upgrade sometime around 2005 or 2006. Not quite sure, but you can tell it used to look older by viewing its mug shot.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 119
3/23/2010 16:02:11   
Ubear

@Necrophades: Yeah I remember that. When me, somewhat of a goon and some others were talking about the set in another thread, wondering if it would be bought back, LB was like "Ha... no". Somewhat of a Goon is funny shame he got banned...

On topic: The guardian armor art is bugging me, I don't even LIKE pringles :L :L
(It has a cylinder body, like the pringle tub)
(no offense to the artist of course)

< Message edited by ubear -- 3/23/2010 16:13:49 >

*MUNCH* Your sig contains an advertisement. See
the Universal Forum Rules on Signature Guidelines.
http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=17051283
AQ Epic  Post #: 120
3/23/2010 17:58:38   
InsertName

Most mounted armors, the mounts themselves look ok but the armour you wear while riding one looks aweful, like the Black Dragon Rider Armor
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 121
3/23/2010 19:06:45   
Wyrm
How We Roll Winner
Mar15

I gotcha now Necrophades and I can see your point about the angle of the helm and the face not being congruent. Though as you said that is a fairly small issue. I can also see what you mean about the animation seeming like some older animations. It's most likely the sliding backwards without moving his feet that really stands out imho.

quote:

On topic: The guardian armor art is bugging me, I don't even LIKE pringles :L :L

Rofl! Ubear you so crazy. I know exactly what you're talking about though. That cylinder if used correctly could create some really dynamic animations. Being able to manipulate the raw shape can lead to some killer movements.

Just for fun here's a screenie showing the midsection of the previous incarnation of the guardian armour!

Art On!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 122
3/23/2010 19:41:31   
Dark Chronos

Off the topic of monster updates...Vamp and Canine Armors are long overdue for new art. Although, for nostalgia, I feel that Werepyre art doesn't need to change. The Kayda Blade (The first weapon I bought after becoming a Guardian a few years back.) could use some new art. And maybe you could update the Shapeshifting Armors.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 123
3/24/2010 16:52:31   
necrolich66

monster
mutant natator

even if i would like to hold some old art monsters
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 124
3/25/2010 20:04:36   
general greivous

First time I do not agree, I think Mutant Natator looks great.
AQ  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate New Art for AQ Discussion Thread
Page 5 of 15«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition