ED Bugs Forum Rules
This board is for reporting bugs only. It is not a discussion, question/answer, or any other sort of board. It is for reporting in-game bugs only. Report your bugs using the guidelines below.
All the Universal Rules apply to this board. There are also some Bugs board-specific rules - "dos and don'ts" - please read on!
The things you should do:
- Check recent threads for your bug! If someone has already reported it, post in that thread. This helps the team recognize that more than a single person is having the same issue, and may give us more information about the bug.
- Please check the Known Bugs thread before posting. If a bug is known, the staff is already aware of it and are working to fix it. Please do not post about known bugs.
- Use the relevant bug template to report your bug. This helps us find and reproduce the bug faster. Posts not following the templates create extra work for us. We already have lots of work!
- Check back on your Bugs, as we may request more information to help us fix it.
What does not belong here (the 'don'ts'):
- Abusable bugs: An abusable bug is one that could give people an unintended advantage in the game. Please do not post these here, or anywhere else. Please report these by sending a private message to the ED Bugs Head Moderator, Mecha Mario.
- Do not PM us your bugs (unless you are reporting abusable bugs). This helps us keep things organized and easy to find.
- Flaming should NEVER show up ANYWHERE on AE forums. Some people may post things that are not, in fact, bugs. Do not flame/insult people for this, nor for any reason at all.
- Complaints: There is to be no complaining about an issue not being fixed immediately. Some bugs take longer to track down or are of less importance than others.
- Duplicates: No "me too" posts. This is not helpful. Duplicate reports that add no new information may be deleted without notification.
- Image tags: Link to pictures instead. Also, please use JPEGs whenever possible. Bitmaps are much larger than necessary for bug reports.
- Account issues: Please contact the help desk and do not post in Bugs for any upgrade/payment/account recovery problems. We cannot resolve them, only the Support team can!
- Signatures: No reason to use them here. It creates clutter and detracts from the report.
< Message edited by Mecha Mario -- 2/20/2014 12:11:08 >