Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= The Legacy of a Hero

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =DF= The Legacy of a Hero
Page 9 of 14«<7891011>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
6/3/2011 9:19:59   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Mritha: *Looks at her timeline.*

Now, you should be able to read the dates in the links.

Xan attacked Testopia, thus even before Falconreach came to be.
http://www.dragonfable.com/archive/designnotes/2005/df-designnotes-nov05.asp

http://www.dragonfable.com/archive/designnotes/2006/df-designnotes-may06.asp

Frostscythe .... http://www.dragonfable.com/archive/designnotes/2006/df-designnotes-nov06.asp

Icemaster Yeti .... http://www.dragonfable.com/archive/designnotes/2006/df-designnotes-dec06.asp

Frostscythe attacked Falconreach (Nov 17), before we got to Icemaster Yeti (Dec 15).

Unrelated note: Sepulchure strangling Twilly!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 201
6/3/2011 10:04:24   
Mritha
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Ahhh using the design notes! There is a smart idea lol

I will have to do some serious switching around with what I have planned then. It shouldn't be too hard, just time consuming :)

Thank you Dwelling!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 202
6/3/2011 15:39:21   
Baron Dante

Awww. More waiting. D:

Well, it's better this way.

All I knew was that Drakath asked Xan to burn FR down after his second loss, and that it happened bewore Valencia came in. :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 203
6/3/2011 16:50:55   
Mortarion

OH god why do you do this to me *is on the floor rollin and tearing of his hair*

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 204
6/3/2011 17:34:49   
  Dwelling Dragonlord

ArchKnight AQ / OOC / L&L

@Mortarion: Have you read my story after chapter III? If not, you could do that to take this off your mind. I'll be adding more chapters as the war against the Shadowscythe progresses. It might boost the morale somewhat.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 205
6/27/2011 17:28:33   
Mortarion

HEy Mritha how goes this, sorry to ask, but I am really imptient
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 206
6/27/2011 17:33:17   
Mritha

To be perfectly honest I have not done squat since my last post on the subject due to lack of time. But I have a few minutes now....I can go through the DNs and put together a timeline to go by for when I start writing again :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 207
6/27/2011 17:40:39   
Mortarion

Ok, thanks, sorry for asking but I am a bit stressed out and needed something to distract myself for a moment
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 208
7/21/2011 15:15:14   
Baron Dante

Posting to remind how awesome the story is, and how you definately have readers for it! ^_^
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 209
7/22/2011 12:42:01   
Mortarion

^Me agrees
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 210
7/23/2011 13:36:20   
Mritha

Thanks guys, I was worried all my readers had given up on me :) I have been working on TLoaH though it has been mainly chapters that will be seen much later and re writes of Part 1 which is why I have not posted them :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 211
7/23/2011 15:24:33   
Mortarion

THanks god I have been wenting a bit....mad *is encased in a force jacket* So when is next chapter
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 212
7/23/2011 16:00:58   
Baron Dante

Nah, I don't quit on good fanfics. So far, in my life, there has been like a small bunch of people to be able to keep me interested.

And it's not only how I want to see my cute little mage in there either xD
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 213
7/23/2011 16:06:37   
Mortarion

quote:

Nah, I don't quit on good fanfics. So far, in my life, there has been like a small bunch of people to be able to keep me interested.

And it's not only how I want to see my cute little mage in there either xD

I agree with Dante in the first statement. and what do you mean by the second one?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 214
7/23/2011 16:31:23   

Why would I ever quit on such a good fanfic. With all stories I like to seem them through till the very end!
Especially this one so take your time, I think the story will be well worth the wait.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 215
7/23/2011 16:49:27   
Mortarion

You know you could keep a list of reader :P, but in numbers
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 216
8/4/2011 10:14:43   
Shreder

So as I was saying, I just have a handful of smallish suggestion that you can take or leave at your leisure.

quote:

You know that feeling when all hope is lost? When your will to live is gone?
I have it.
My sister in all but blood, my only love, was murdered by the ones I once fought beside. With her, they murdered my joy. My hope. My life.
I never learned why that war began; I only knew it was wrong.
I stopped fighting; I refused to be a part of the death.
So death found her.
I am alone now.
So alone.
I wish death would come for me; I don’t want to live without her.
It comes…
It comes…
It comes…
No…it does not.
This is not death, this is more agony!
It is so brutal, so painful. I want it to end! Why did this war begin? What started it, could it have been prevented?
I will never know.
It left me here. To suffer alone.
I wish I had not been born, then she would have never met me.
I would have never felt this agony.
The hate directed me is so strong, I fear it.
My bond sister would have never taken part in the war; they would have never killed her.
A kind soul looks at me with pity; he knows I cannot be saved.
He raises his blade and whispers “I’m sorry.”
No, do not be sorry. The end is near. Thank you kind sir, I could never thank you enough.
The end comes…
It comes…
It comes…
Thank God…
It came.

Firstly, I personally feel that if you want this to be more like standard poetry (not that it has to be, mind you) you could break some of those longer lines into multiple shorter lines. Maybe something like this:

quote:

You know that feeling when all hope is lost?
When your will to live is gone?
I have it.

My sister in all but blood, my only love, was murdered by the ones I once fought beside.
With her, they murdered my joy.
My hope.
My life.

I never learned why that war began; I only knew it was wrong.
I stopped fighting; I refused to be a part of the death.
So death found her.

I am alone now.
So alone.
I wish death would come for me;
I don’t want to live without her.
It comes…
It comes…
It comes…

No…it does not.
This is not death, this is more agony!
It is so brutal, so painful.
I want it to end!

Why did this war begin?
What started it; could it have been prevented?
I will never know.
It left me here--
To suffer alone.

I wish I had not been born, then she would have never met me.
I would have never felt this agony.
The hate directed at me is so strong; I fear it.
My bond sister would have never taken part in the war--
They would have never killed her.

A kind soul looks at me with pity; he knows I cannot be saved.
He raises his blade and whispers, “I’m sorry.”
No, do not be sorry; the end is near.
Thank you, kind sir, I could never thank you enough.
The end comes…
It comes…
It comes…
Thank God…
It came.

You'll notice I also broke it into shorter sections (Which in poetry are called stanzas) and changed the punctuation a little in some places. (Adding commas, changing commas to semicolons, changing periods to dashes, etc.) These are more in the way of stylistic changes than true grammatical corrections (Because keep in mind, in poetry you have a lot of freedom to bend the rules of grammar and punctuation to your own tastes...), so make of them what you will. Additionally, I stuck an "at" between "directed" and "me" in that one line.

I would love it if you considered writing more poetry.
DF MQ  Post #: 217
8/5/2011 3:39:48   
Cataclysm
The fanciest of moustaches

A Dragonlord's Loss sounded intriguing, so I read it. Gotta say, I liked it. It was interesting. As I progressed, I suspected things, and some were right, some were wrong. I noticed quickly the whole backwards name thing (about the time Fodr said his daughter was the Black Dragonlord). I noticed some problems here and there, some things I wish were expanded a bit more, a few places that I would've liked more description (then again, I'm very detail oriented, so that probably factors in...), but otherwise, it was rather good.

I admit, I mostly read it because I was wondering what an L&L AK's own writing would be like.

Random tidbit: I have no idea if this was intentional, but Fodr's name, when said aloud, sounds very similar to Father. I'm going to pretend it's intentional, even if it's not.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 218
8/5/2011 11:16:42   
Mritha

Thank you Shreder, (Fixed my name, should only have 1 "d". ~Shreder) I changed it to match your edits and studied the difference between the two. If I write more poetry no I will have an idea on how to do it! :)

Thank you TCO! Yes, Fodr's name is Norse for Father. :) I have considered expanding the story as it feels too fast paced however I haven't yet decided how to do it. Re writing and continuing The Legacy of a Hero is my main project right now.

< Message edited by Shreder -- 8/18/2011 11:09:34 >
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 219
8/7/2011 1:19:38   
Mortarion

Hmm I can't wait for more ADL and TLoaH
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 220
8/8/2011 16:51:26   
god of insatily

both stories and the poem is good
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 221
8/17/2011 19:13:57   
Mortarion

Hey Mrithy I heard in twitter that you finished DF timeline, congrats and I am posting here to tell you that you have my full support, but anyway good luck
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 222
8/17/2011 19:24:39   
Glais

I just realized...I never actually finished this story!
You ever patch up the beginning by the way? The cheering was really the only odd thing.

But anyways, I'd rather just enjoy the story than be irked by one detail so...off to read...
DF MQ  Post #: 223
8/18/2011 9:46:24   
Mritha

Thank you Mort and god of insanity :)

@glaisaurus, Yes, but I haven't posted it yet.

Overall Part 1 will remain unchanged, but the details are being completely redone and I'm even switching around some of the chapters. So far I have the first one written, but I won't post it until they are all completed because I have gone back several times with new ideas and added them. I want it to be completed before I post it all, so all I will have to do is go back and edit all the grammar mistakes that I know I will make.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 224
8/18/2011 11:20:10   
nield
Creative!

Alternatively you can have a Grammar Nazi scour it beforehand. Looking forward to the revised edition.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 225
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Legends and Lore] >> Writers of Lore >> Works Discussion >> AE Fanfiction Discussion >> RE: =DF= The Legacy of a Hero
Page 9 of 14«<7891011>»
Jump to:

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition