Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Is MQ Dying III+How Can We Improve It?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying III+How Can We Improve It?
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2010 20:52:30   
Griffin the awesome

Can't they just get a loan? Like I said they would make the money back.
quote:

MQ hires more staff> better releases> better game> more players> ads on the website are worth more, and more people become starcaptians> lots of money.

They could just get a loan, hire more staff, pay back loan, then mechquest would be saved.
MQ  Post #: 101
12/17/2010 21:06:30   
Rozion

@ Griffen - It would probably go more like this
quote:

MQ hires more staff> Staff gets reassigned to Herosmash/AQWorlds/new project > HS/AQW/new project get better releases, MQ gets worse releases > HS/AQW/new project make more money, MQ makes less money, repeat until MQ goes bankrupt.

That's what seems to be happening. Whenever BoG has a new project, MQ seems to be the game that suffers the most.

< Message edited by Rozion -- 12/17/2010 21:14:19 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 102
12/17/2010 22:15:45   
Griffin the awesome

@Rozion: But if we got more staff, we would unlock MQ's true potential, and the other games would realize MQ's awesomeness, and they would stop picking on it.
MQ  Post #: 103
12/17/2010 22:43:38   
Caotica White

@Griffin
Good luck with that.
DF MQ  Post #: 104
12/18/2010 10:41:22   
electricwolf

quote:

@electricwolf: No offence, but your wrong, counter-poaching is exactly what we need to do. Either that, or hire more staff. I would be ok with either one but I like the first one because it cost less.
The other games deserve counter-poaching because they poached from us.

Counter-poaching is wrong and two wrongs never make a right. Making other games suffer for the purpose of MechQuest is likely not in the interests of AE games.

A cost effective way of getting more 'staff' on MQ is to hire interns, who I believe just work for the experience (no pay), or get players to help with work on the game. I'm fairly sure that at least a few people in the MQ player base are artistic enough and would love to help the game.
MQ  Post #: 105
12/18/2010 10:47:35   
Griffin the awesome

@electricwolf: Don't think of it as "counter poaching" think about it as "rescuing". They have been kidnapped, and we need to "rescue" them.
MQ  Post #: 106
12/18/2010 13:42:10   
forumlogin

@Griffin
Ah, the voice of youth. XD
Or something. In any case, the "simple" option is also oftentimes the most naive.
First, the argument that if MQ doesn't have more, then it will die can be classified as a fallacy of the false dichotomy type, though in this case it might be true. :P
For another, I do think MQ should get some staff back from the other games. However, since I never really hear anything about if the staff from other games actually need those staff members or not (some people say they do, but I'm not sure if they know that for sure or are just theorizing), I'm not sure if counter-poaching would be the best idea--however, if we can do it at little to no cost to the other games, then it should be fine.
DF MQ  Post #: 107
12/18/2010 16:47:06   
Caotica White

@electricwolf, griffin, & forumlogin
I don't even think of it AS counter-poaching. Like you said, electric, two wrongs don't make a right, but remedying a single wrong does.
DF MQ  Post #: 108
12/18/2010 22:31:47   
Glais

quote:

Concerning staff from other games, all I want is to get back the members we used to have. Even if it's just on a part time basis. One annoying thing is that it almost seems like MQ is being pushed into a no win situation on purpose. Staff is being taken away, yet the current staff is not allowed to restructure the release schedule into bi-weekly or monthly releases so they can be of higher quality.

Especially agree with the bold. And the other bold. It really doesn't make sense to take all this from MQ and add it to random stuff, like AQW.
AQW was in fact much better before they had all this extra staff, the story didn't completely suck and member to non-member ratio was a bit more balanced.
I say they give MQ their staff back...
DF MQ  Post #: 109
12/18/2010 23:46:44   
Knoodlesguy

I fell that they should take maybe 1 person from the over staffed games and add here. Simple fix. Quality beats quantity, to put it simple. They released a load of games, cut the staff into fragments, un-evenly, so now we have AQW with a huge staff, DF with a big staff, and the others okay, and MQ with barely enough. I have to feel sorry for the guys making MQ. Everyone on this forum complains about how the game has degraded from its former glory and many do blame it on them and whine to them while they put all they got into the game. It would benefit everyone if a few staff members were put to MQ or we start upgrading and donating like crazy for a few new well trained staff members.
MQ AQW  Post #: 110
12/22/2010 21:54:17   
fhiz

i love this game but they could get updates rolin out a little faster

if it would help i'll join the staff i took computer programming A freshman year of highschool so mq staff if u need some new blood i work fairly cheep.
Post #: 111
12/23/2010 15:14:49   
Sneevil Slayer

I've got a fairly good idea, even if it makes people mad. If you make releases every other week or every few weeks, you'll have more time and won't be as rushed as you are now. It makes the releases less item based and more fun because we could actually have quests and missions to do.

Another idea is to remove SCMMs entirely, or to make them every few months. I know it's an unpopular idea, but it would make the releases better.Before the SCMM, there were better releases because the team didn't have to make a new mech every month. It's harder than you think to program that kind of stuff, and you have to animate it. That's why most holiday releases either have the same mechs, or slightly upgraded ones. It's easier to update than to make a new one. Most people think that the SCMM are the only reason to upgrade, but they weren't when I upgraded. I upgraded after the first Frostval in MQ. The weapons were really good, and the mechs that are now obsolete were the best available.

One last idea is to have the staff post a DN on exactly what they have to do and how long it takes for a release. That way people know exactly how much time and effort it takes to make a release for this game.

@below: I remember the Wednesday releases. It started out as each game had a different release day so they could stagger out the releases, then they got moved to Fridays. Then MQ had both Friday and Wednesday releases because of its larger team at the time, then the team shrank and we were back to Friday releases only.

< Message edited by Sneevil Slayer -- 12/23/2010 15:21:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 112
12/23/2010 15:17:11   
stealthwings
Helpful

@^
They used to have wednesday releases, then they cut those to make the friday releases better. Then the friday releases decayed to where we are now. If they make them every other week, the exact same thing would happen.

I agree with the part about the SCMM.
DF MQ  Post #: 113
12/23/2010 15:25:08   
monkeyman4241995

I agree with the part about the SCMM. I mean... they haven't made one since November, and they've been able to keep up with the Holiday Releases and make them really good. I'm a Star Captain, and I Upgraded before the SCMM came in with no regret. I think the SCMM should be put on the back burner for now, so they can pull back into the Storyline and make the releases better; maybe make the SCMM thing into a Star Captain Quad-Yearly Mech? Quad-Yearly meaning four per year/one every three months?

Edit:
Also, we need our MQ Staff back. The MQ Staff that's left is doing a great job, but the team used to be a lot bigger. I mean, we've lost:

Warlic
Thyton
Jemini
Yergen von Schmergenbergen
Char (I'm pretty sure Char was on the MQ Team before going to EpicDuel)
J6

And probably much much more, but I'm tired and can barely think right now. We need our Staff back; it's like Artix is sucking the MQ Staff dry and leaving MQ to die....

< Message edited by monkeyman4241995 -- 12/23/2010 15:32:36 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 114
12/23/2010 15:38:11   
Plasma Charge
Legendary AdventureGuide!

With the SCMM possibly they should make separate Base's and weapons in a SCMM theme so maybe
they release an arm and a head one month but they stay in game permanently with rare parts appering now and then.
This would settle the problem with too many rares going to waste.

Also with holidays as well of releasing an old one maybe they could release a preview of this years event with it (maybe a mission or one or two weapons)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 115
12/23/2010 16:34:25   
fhiz

mq is highly under staffed and i am serious about going as a volunteer worker

as far as the scmm is concerned i also upgraded beafore it came into play and thout it was a great deal.
i liked it when it came out but it has gone down hill (steve skysplitter) drastically. i say put it on hold until
they have more manpower(me), and bring it back when people start complaning about it not being there
which you know they will

My Mechquest Channel
Post #: 116
1/26/2011 17:43:50   
DRAGONHUNT

Create a special mech that only SC's can try out.
Special areas for SC only.
Some cooler, more interactive starship items.
Small chances to collect a few nova gems every battle.
Some more mech in the shop.
More doom mech. (hey, some people like those)
Anything that involves making SC feel more special.

That's pretty much it.

:)
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 117
1/26/2011 18:35:32   
trans205

quote:

It's called a SCMM, and it's ruining the game.

quote:

Special areas for SC only.

How will this help?

quote:

Some cooler, more interactive starship items.

Vanity is not needed

quote:

Small chances to collect a few nova gems every battle.

The NG prices will skyrocket, as if they're not high enough already.

quote:

Some more mech in the shop.

For lower levels, yes

quote:

More doom mech. (hey, some people like those)

More Sepulchure upgrades? Sure, why not.

quote:

Anything that involves making SC feel more special.

SCMMs.

I propose focusing on storyline, while cutting down on holiday releases. Holiday releases are bound to be rare.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 118
1/27/2011 5:35:09   
Blackshock

Well i liked the idea poster earlier about hiring interns. Maybe if the game had a player contribution center (like maybe a storyline idea area and such). But then again, putting that into the game also takes a fair bit of coding. Maybe they should try holding staff tryouts...

< Message edited by blackshock -- 1/27/2011 5:39:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 119
1/27/2011 9:14:45   
Moon Raven

SC only areas encourage free players to upgrade I believe we have those in AQ, AQW and DF. Yet there are no upgrade only areas in this game.
AQ MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 120
1/27/2011 9:26:13   
Selutu
Constructive

@^
I believe you mean very little, cuz the 3 floor of the SC club is SC only. But I get what you mean.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 121
1/27/2011 9:47:38   
Pyronix15

Mechquest was never dying, dying was a myth. Mechquest is thriving. Best updates I've ever seen.

I call liez.
AQ MQ  Post #: 122
1/27/2011 14:45:07   
Griffin the awesome

quote:

Also, we need our MQ Staff back. The MQ Staff that's left is doing a great job, but the team used to be a lot bigger. I mean, we've lost:

Warlic
Thyton
Jemini
Yergen von Schmergenbergen
Char (I'm pretty sure Char was on the MQ Team before going to EpicDuel)
J6

And probably much much more, but I'm tired and can barely think right now. We need our Staff back; it's like Artix is sucking the MQ Staff dry and leaving MQ to die....

I agree with this.
MQ  Post #: 123
1/27/2011 15:33:50   
toryn1

I would agree on more xp i find it very hard to get to lvl 30 from 29 and sick of being killed by 32s lol
AQ  Post #: 124
1/27/2011 18:57:08   
DRAGONHUNT

quote:

quote:

It's called a SCMM, and it's ruining the game.

No, I meant like the soulwaver class, DA holders get to test it, so I was thinking about special soon-to-be-mech that SC's can try out before it comes out.

AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 125
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [MechQuest] >> MechQuest General Discussion >> RE: Is MQ Dying III+How Can We Improve It?
Page 5 of 8«<34567>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition